Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS

just clocked mario & luigi: bowsers inside story. Awesome game and a must buy for any RPG fan..

I'm not a RPG fan at all (I hate FF) but I love this (the previous one too). It's different and fresh. 16 hours so far but I'm a bit stuck :).

Re: Nintendo Wii

Just a quick one...

I've decided I want a Wii back purely for New Super Mario Bros. Stupid time to want one with it being close to Christmas, the prices will be up and the demand will be fierce, but, I'm looking for some advice. (If anyone still gives a toss about the Wii that is...)

Does anyone know where to get a good deal on a Wii? I've been looking on eBay trying to get one for as close to £100 as possible, but it's not happening, and seeing as you can get one new for around £130 from ShopTo I didn't want to pay that on eBay for something that doesn't have a guarantee, extra controllers or not.

Cheers guys!

He said he aint getting one on ebay at 100 quid atm, and it's 130 on Shopto with a years warranty etc.

Ebay if lucky : 100 quid for the Wii, then 35 quid for Super Mario Bros Wii, thus 135.

Shopto : 130 and the game at 35 = 165

That Bundle = 179 - 35= 144 and sell the Rabbids game for say 20 quid = 124.

Work it out ya dumb fucker. The Bundle is better value and the best around atm.

Last edited:

fwiw, i've heard very bad things regarding shopto and the stealing 'or to be more precise' the unauthorised use of customers' credit card details to buy things like phone top-up cards for employees!

just be careful...

fwiw, i've heard very bad things regarding shopto and the stealing 'or to be more precise' the unauthorised use of customers' credit card details to buy things like phone top-up cards for employees!

just be careful...

There is a big statement about it as well all over the net

:LOL: This comes up everytime ShopTo gets mentioned now, shocking.

Any DS owners have an iPhone? I'm considering getting an iPhone as a phone upgrade but I could also sell my DS to put towards the iPhone cost. The games seem pretty good on it and not as much shovelware as the DS has been putting out for months.

Any DS owners have an iPhone? I'm considering getting an iPhone as a phone upgrade but I could also sell my DS to put towards the iPhone cost. The games seem pretty good on it and not as much shovelware as the DS has been putting out for months.

My missus was the biggest DS freak I've ever met. She was on it CONSTANTLY and loved Animal Crossing.

She sold the DS about a month after getting the iPhone...

just be careful...

Nah that was bollocks.

Actually thats interesting - never knew that was one of the uses for the credit cards as a few months back, I had an unauthorised £30 top-up go through my bank....

I would never sell my DS and replacing it with an iphone or touch is way out of the question.

My friend at work has the iphone and from what I see it is full of shitty games. There is no way the iphone can match the DS for quality of games on offer.

Just go and get the new Zelda game man, that is great game!!

I'd sell the DS and replace it with the iPhone :).

The DS doesn't seem like much more than a GameBoy Advance with a touch screen from what i've seen of it...

@kobashi - Sounds a bit like envy to me... Basically "what I havn't got is a waste of money and can't match what I have" to convince yourself that you have spent your money wisely.
What does the DS have over the iPhone/iPod Touch? The specs are better on the iPhone, and the choice of games available on the App Store matches (or surpasses) the choice you would find for the DS...
The accelerometers and multi-touch features also put the iPhone ahead of the DS.

The DS doesn't seem like much more than a GameBoy Advance with a touch screen from what i've seen of it...

@kobashi - Sounds a bit like envy to me... Basically "what I havn't got is a waste of money and can't match what I have" to convince yourself that you have spent your money wisely.
What does the DS have over the iPhone/iPod Touch? The specs are better on the iPhone, and the choice of games available on the App Store matches (or surpasses) the choice you would find for the DS...
The accelerometers and multi-touch features also put the iPhone ahead of the DS.

Its a sad day when I agree with you on something! :D

Decision has been made and I'm picking up my iPhone tonight and likely putting my DSL up for sale tomorrow :)

who is talking about specs? If it was about specs and features etc the PSP would of been a good choice but hey we saw how that worked out. Nobody is saying the iphone is not more powerful.

I am talking about libray of genuine top quality games.

If you wanna name me the games that have the quality and depth of a Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Jump Super Stars, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Mario & Luigi, Contra, Yoshi Island, Disgaea, Meteos, Advance Wars, Professor Layton for example then please go ahead.

Last edited:

I think most people will have grown out of playing most of those sorts of games now... Still, i'm not denying that there are good games for the DS, but literally every games console released in recent years has a few good games, even the PSP and i'm sure someone who knows more than me about the games on iPhone could produce a long list of good games for that too.

Also, aren't DS games way more expensive than iPhone games?...

Last edited by a moderator:

I think another point that swayed me was that the iPhone suits me more due to the "pick up and play" aspect. The DS is great for RPG's and long-lasting games but if I want to play a long game, I'll fire up my 360 or PS3. The only times I really used my DS was for quick blasts of games for a few minutes, and the iPhone suits me better for that.

Good choice Dags - some (genuinely top drawer) games on the iPhone that are pick up and play.

All the Pop-Cap games are superb and I'm sure most have played them to death by now, but they still have great charm and for £1-£3, you cannot go wrong.

The wealth of games and apps is truly amazing IMO and (as I said when starting the iPhone thread here), its genuinely a gaming platform choice now.

Rob, I think you really need to tone your aggressive nature in posts down, saying someone is jealous in a post about DS or Iphone is pretty poor and absolutely no argument at all. People play and use things for what ever reason THEY want, be that what it may. To totally dismiss everyone as having 'grown out' of a series of games is stupid too. Alot of people enjoy a game series.

The DS is still selling shit loads every month, be they Lite, i's or the new released LL/XL ones. It is still a viable gaming platform, and while you may think it's a supped up GBA, it still has some great titles which the iphone would die to have.

So please have a constructive conversation about it without personnel comments toward posters, or stay out of the thread.

Rob, I think you really need to tone your aggressive nature in posts down
Is that a ban threat?

Also, can you point out where i've been "aggressive" towards another member recently (except to morons like Retri and DerleiPT)?

saying someone is jealous in a post about DS or Iphone is pretty poor and absolutely no argument at all.
If I (360 owner) just came out and said "The PS3 is full of shitty games from what i've seen of it and it can't match the 360" it would seem over-defensive of my purchase and like I wouldn't accept that alternatives could be better... I wouldn't expect to get very polite responses from posting something like that, same applies here... maybe envy/jealousy was the wrong thing to say though.

People play and use things for what ever reason THEY want, be that what it may.

To totally dismiss everyone as having 'grown out' of a series of games is stupid too. Alot of people enjoy a game series.
Okay, I admit that was a pretty stupid thing to say.
I and people I know have grown out of games like the ones Kobashi listed, but it's wrong to generalise that.

The DS is still selling shit loads every month, be they Lite, i's or the new released LL/XL ones. It is still a viable gaming platform, and while you may think it's a supped up GBA, it still has some great titles which the iphone would die to have.
I did say that I didn't doubt that the DS has some good games... every console has exclusive games that people who use other consoles would want to play... I'd like to be able to play Uncharted 2 but I can't (but I wouldn't say it's "shit" to kid myself into thinking i've bought the right console).

So please have a constructive conversation about it without personnel comments toward posters, or stay out of the thread.
I have been constructive... A non-constructive argument would be "DS IS SHIT, IPHONE FTW", this is nothing like that... Me and Kobashi have been mainly constructive (apart from kobashi's "shitty" comment and my one about people growing out of games) so this isn't much of a problem?

What is the point of an internet forum where people just agree with or accept what others say, there would be no debates/arguments on anything which is, in my view, the main purpose of any forums...

While I can understand that inclination cannot be achieved on an t'interweb forum, I also expect people to respect each others views, hence why I pointed out what I thought was below the belt type points. Your posts in the thread when the chat box was closed was more than a little lippy, and didnt exactly help the situation then.

It is not a threat nor anything else, just asking if you wouldnt mind re-reading before you post. I can see you accept some of the points you made were almost at the 'DS SUX, IPHONE FTW'

For me, the iphone is nice, and it's shiny and I could do alot with it, but with my job, it's totally impractical as a phone, so I have my phone and I have my DS. A game of the year contender has to be GTA Chinatown Wars on the DS, yes it's just came out on the PSP too, but it launched on the DS and it is a terrific game. Maybe the iphones version isn't far away, but for sheer controllability of the games, the DS wins, it has a d-pad, it has buttons, and it's not taking over your screen.

Yes games on the iphone are cheaper, but the cost of entry is much higher. As the old adage goes, 'You pays your money; you takes your choice'

Hopefully that's it all calmed down dear now.

Back
Top Bottom