Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

No, I'm just using games I got via the VC shop, mainly Crusin' and Wave Race. They have all run fine at all times for me !

Re: Nintendo DS

has anyone replaced the housing on one of these before?

my sons ds is 13 months old and now has a nice crack on the hinge and needs sorting

i have ordered a replacement housing from dealextreme but looks a ball ache to fit

or if someone has a recipt for one thats in warranty or near the end of one and wouldnt mind sending me it, then i could just get a replacement :P

Anyone in Japan / Asia played the new Mario Tennis ?

Seems like it could be q.good

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/937/937178p1.html

Will be 'getting' it at the start of Feb.

My problem with it - and I never played the GC version, so dont know if this was the same - but the videos I've seen show Luigi rush the net EVERY serve.

That would piss me off!

There is an EA Sports tennis game coming later this year, but its too long to wait, so I will grab this in the meantime...

just had a quick go on the mario tennis. Seems quite fun but its all in Jap so don't really know what I'm doing. Never played the N64 version so I don't know how it differs but its alot of fun. Alot better than the crap included in Wii SPorts

My list of essential DS games you really must play:

Bomberman Land Touch 1 and 2
Chrono Trigger DS
CrossworDS
Hotel Dusk
Meteos
Phoenix Wright / Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney series)
Pic Pic
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Quickspot
Retro Game Challenge
Time Hollow
WarioWare Touched

My list of essential DS games you really must play:

Bomberman Land Touch 1 and 2
Chrono Trigger DS
CrossworDS
Hotel Dusk
Meteos
Phoenix Wright / Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney series)
Pic Pic
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Quickspot
Retro Game Challenge
Time Hollow
WarioWare Touched

Whats Retro Game Challenge about?

After your post a few weeks back, my missus is TOTALLY addicted to Pic-Pic, she's done nearly 200 of the puzzles already.

She loves them games and has completed Picross about 8 times - she has to keep asking me to delete the save game file so she can start again :LOL:

It's a parody of 80's console games ;)

You HAVE to play it if you played NES games basically. There's different games in there ranging from shooting games, driving games and even an RPG :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/action/gamecentercx/review.html?part=rss&subj=6204271

If your missus liked Pic-Pic and Picross, she should also try Colour Cross (Picross in colour) and Illust Logic DS And Colorful Logic (Japanese only but I'm sure your missus can work her way around the menu if she's done so well on Pic Pic ;) )

It's a parody of 80's console games ;)

You HAVE to play it if you played NES games basically. There's different games in there ranging from shooting games, driving games and even an RPG :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/action/gamecentercx/review.html?part=rss&subj=6204271

If your missus liked Pic-Pic and Picross, she should also try Colour Cross (Picross in colour) and Illust Logic DS And Colorful Logic (Japanese only but I'm sure your missus can work her way around the menu if she's done so well on Pic Pic ;) )

Oh god, not another Picross! Is Colour-Cross in English?

I've completed Colour Cross. It's good (the 10 1st hours :)) but as you get to the end it becomes (very, very) frustrating because the pictures are too complex (colour one cell, pick another coulour, colour one cell,pick another coulour.....) so you don't care anymore about making mistakes.

I have to try Retrogame Challenge ;).

I haven't bought any new games for my little sister for like a year now.

What games would you recommend? She is like 10 years old.

Thanks!

Bomberman Land and Warioware are fun games that would appeal to all ages.

Hi Lads

Picking one of these up this week on the cheap. Can someone PM me with any ideas on exactly what I will need if I want to play backup games, of course to which I own the original?

Thanks

EDIT Not only this I will be looking to play backed up gamecube games too...of which again I own the original. Is it still the WiiKey I shouldbe looking at?

Last edited:

Hi Lads

Picking one of these up this week on the cheap. Can someone PM me with any ideas on exactly what I will need if I want to play backup games, of course to which I own the original?

Thanks

EDIT Not only this I will be looking to play backed up gamecube games too...of which again I own the original. Is it still the WiiKey I shouldbe looking at?

Will you drop you a line later ;)

GAME will offer the Nintendo DSi for half-price this April to anyone trading in an old console or handheld.

Xbox 360, PSP-3000, Wii and DS machines are accepted, and knock the subsequent asking price for the DSi down to GBP 74.99.

"Our customers are very excited about the launch of the DSi, and all of our stores are fully geared up to take pre-orders and help customers understand all of the innovative features of the new machine," GAME operations director Robert Quinn told GamesIndustry.biz.

"We're working closely with Nintendo to organise a huge launch, which is perfectly timed for the Easter holidays.

"As always, we'll have plenty of stock and some fantastic launch offers to give customers the best possible experience. We're already offering the DSi for half price if customers trade in one of their other consoles," he added.

The deal puts the handheld at a lower price point than many retailers sell the DS Lite for. At the standard price of GBP 149.99, however, the DSi costs more than the Arcade Xbox 360 unit.

The DSi launches here on 3rd April. The new handheld features bigger screens, a built-in microphone, on-board memory, an SD memory card slot, an extra brightness setting and other bits and bobs.

GAME will offer the Nintendo DSi for half-price this April to anyone trading in an old console or handheld.

Xbox 360, PSP-3000, Wii and DS machines are accepted, and knock the subsequent asking price for the DSi down to GBP 74.99.

"Our customers are very excited about the launch of the DSi, and all of our stores are fully geared up to take pre-orders and help customers understand all of the innovative features of the new machine," GAME operations director Robert Quinn told GamesIndustry.biz.

"We're working closely with Nintendo to organise a huge launch, which is perfectly timed for the Easter holidays.

"As always, we'll have plenty of stock and some fantastic launch offers to give customers the best possible experience. We're already offering the DSi for half price if customers trade in one of their other consoles," he added.

The deal puts the handheld at a lower price point than many retailers sell the DS Lite for. At the standard price of GBP 149.99, however, the DSi costs more than the Arcade Xbox 360 unit.

The DSi launches here on 3rd April. The new handheld features bigger screens, a built-in microphone, on-board memory, an SD memory card slot, an extra brightness setting and other bits and bobs.
Whats an Xbox worth? my other half wants a DSi...?

The DSi is pointless, hardly any advantage over a DS Lite and certainly not £50 more expensive worth either.

Anybody playing MarioKart?

Finally getting into it now so if anybody wants to add me online we can have some races. Will add my MK nr. later.

GTA: Chinatown Wars is just brilliant! I love how you hotwire cars and the whistling into the mic to call a cab :LOL:

I'm enjoying the story and the little features it has, controlling the cars is pretty good and the sound/music is good too.

I wish the DS's dpad was better though, awful for diagonal movements.

Great addition to the series :D

Back
Top Bottom