Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

New Perfect Dark Zero details have been emerging over the weekend, including 5 movies of the game in motion. The movies were taken at a convention in Las Vegas for some of the big name store chains in the US. They are obviously not direct feed and are taken with a camera phone.

AI and Physics were turned off for the demonstration. It is starting to look very nice indeed.

Perfect Dark Zero Movies and Info

Sorry if this has already been asked but do you have to pre-order the xbox 360 to get it like with the PS2?

widget_man said:
Sorry if this has already been asked but do you have to pre-order the xbox 360 to get it like with the PS2?

Well nobody knows the actual numbers available for launch, but I have heard that some stores are no longer taking pre-orders as they don't know whether they will have enough systems to satisfy all the orders.

My assumption is that it will sell in a similar fashion to the PSP, which means if you don't put your name down for it then you won't get one until the 3rd or 4th shipments. Currently the stores are waiting on their second shipment of PSP's and you can't get one unless you have put your name down for one.

New PD0 screen released by MS. Looks Niiiiiice. Sorry about the uber size :) .

771_0001.jpg

So the Nov. 15th or 25th or 30th launch day is shaping up thus:

Xbox 360 -- $400
PGR3 or NFS: Most Wanted -- $60
NHL 2K6 - $60
NBA 2K6 -- $60
Top Spin 2 -- $60

That's $640 plus tax -- just about a $700 day.

360 - £270
Second Pad - £20?
PGR3 - £40
PD0 - £45?
Ghost Recon - £45?

Total of £420.00

Ouch.

P-dogg...you are slightly out with your pricing.

The console is £279.99, a second wireless pad is £32.99. PD0 is £39.99 or £47.99 for the collectors edition.

Siroco, the North American release date is Nov 22nd.

If you haven't already pre-ordered your box, you may well be out of luck until after Christmas.

Xbox 360 Shortage

According to chief executive Lisa Morgan at Game, there will not be enough Xbox 360s to go around this Christmas in the UK. Store chain Game reported yesterday that it can no longer guarantee pre-Christmas delivery for the Xbox 360 which arrives in the UK and the rest of Europe December 2.

The situation is similar in the US where EBGames no longer are accepting pre-orders through their online store as they have already sold out. And Amazon.com now only has the core bundles available for pre-order through ToysRUs.com. WalMart had both systems available a few days ago on their site but when we checked again today they seemed to have been taken off the site.

As far as we know GameStop is sill accepting pre-orders through their online store so that might be your best online option at the moment if you are looking for a bundle and not just the console. But as always if you want to make sure your 360 arrives on time, your best bet is to bribe your local store clerk.

In the U.S., I'm sure that the Best Buys and Circuit Citys will be stocked, particularly with the pimped out $400 version.

If there will be any shortages, it'll be the less expensive $300 version.

I remember hearing an EB guy talk about PSP pre-launch, telling someone in the store, "Good luck finding one. Those million units are already spoken for."

Of course, several hundred thousand PSPs are sitting on the shelves to this day.

ReActor said:
Well nobody knows the actual numbers available for launch, but I have heard that some stores are no longer taking pre-orders as they don't know whether they will have enough systems to satisfy all the orders.

My assumption is that it will sell in a similar fashion to the PSP, which means if you don't put your name down for it then you won't get one until the 3rd or 4th shipments. Currently the stores are waiting on their second shipment of PSP's and you can't get one unless you have put your name down for one.

I don't think you can compare this to the PSP launch. I didn't even pre-order my PSP. I decided to buy one on 5th September when I saw that my local HMV still had some left. I was in town at lunch at Woolies had PSP's on sale.

I am pretty sure that come the 360 launch, if you don't pre-order you won't get one.

I've not pre-ordered it, you seriously think nobody will have them for sale?!?

I sincerely doubt it. Never not managed to get something I wanted on launch day.

EDIT: Cheers for the heads up on pricing REACTOR, didnt have any info in front of me so it was guesswork.

£32.99 for a pad, fuck thaaat.

P-dogg said:
£32.99 for a pad, fuck thaaat.

That's the wireless pad, you can still pick up an ordinary pad for about £24.99 I think

Holio said:
That's the wireless pad, you can still pick up an ordinary pad for about £24.99 I think

"Wired" pad?? With "wires"?? WTF! Get with the times, that is such old technology ;) .

ReActor said:
"Wired" pad?? With "wires"?? WTF! Get with the times, that is such old technology ;) .

Yeah, no shit. I should have my giant ball of tangled up PS2 and Xbox cords untangled by the first of the new year.

Mikey said:
Bloody hell. If PGR looks that good, just imagine how great GT5 will look. :mrgreen:

It will look like it always does, clinical and boring as fuck!! :D ;)

PS the vid is stunning.

PPS I'm gonna put that link in the PGR3 thread aswell.

Last edited:

Holio said:

£24.99 for a pad with wires

Fuck thaaaaaat.

;)

Makes it even more annoying the fact that EA bought the NFL licence out right, no NFL 2K6 :(

Oh and to think this is 1st Generation software we're talking about :shock:

DAMN! Just watched the HIGH DEF movie, :applause: think I may start saving my pennies for a HDTV :-k

Back
Top Bottom