Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

so what will happen to the existing xbox 360 customers without the hd-dvd drives?

surely they will not release games on hd-dvd if the majority of the owners do not have the drives to read the media.

Well MS haven't actually confirmed anything with regards to HD-DVD, all they have said is it is something they could do in the future.

No sane game company would release a HD-DVD only game when the basic version of the console won't play it. Maybe in two years or so, ok... but the HD-DVD drive certainly isn't a good reason to wait.

I agree with Ike, im still going to buy mine shortly after launch day

DJ

Any news what the prices will be in Dubai? I'm going holiday there in December so I might be able to get it, cheaper hopefully.

C'mon we all knew those where technical demos to show off the 360's ability, you couldnt play a game that was like this, dodgey camera angels and no real view or play.

Those now shots still look pretty amazeing though.

And remember those are 1st gen games, it took the ps2 and xbox years to get graphics we are currently seeing on them today, developers and programmers need to have time with the console, see how they can drain every last drop of juice out of them.

Cheers
Scottio

Scottio200 said:
C'mon we all knew those where technical demos to show off the 360's ability, you couldnt play a game that was like this, dodgey camera angels and no real view or play.

I know, but MS and EA says "the first game footage on xbox 360" i remember that ! ;)

ThomasGOAL said:
I know, but MS and EA says "the first game footage on xbox 360" i remember that ! ;)

Wrong. The initial footage was an artist impression of how it could look next gen. It was never touted as "in-game footage" on the xbox360. Infact it wasn't even labelled with the 360, it was EA's next gen demo - and that includes the PS3.

Yes the first bits of Madden 06 were renders to show what they think the 360 can do.

DJ

ThomasGOAL said:

wait til you see the before and after pics of the ps3.

i bet they will not come close to any of the trailers that were released for it.

ThomasGOAL said:

Thomas you have problems, stop being a stupid fanboy. What will you do if the PS3 flops? Both consoles will be good so stop trying to knock the xbox before you've even tried it because of your unnatural obsession with anything Sony.

JayD said:
Thomas you have problems, stop being a stupid fanboy. What will you do if the PS3 flops? Both consoles will be good so stop trying to knock the xbox before you've even tried it because of your unnatural obsession with anything Sony.

post33411142100469pj.gif

I'm not Sony fan boy !
i says just the Xbox 360 have a DVD player and after HD-DVD, so buy now if you want ;)

ThomasGOAL said:
post33411142100469pj.gif

I'm not Sony fan boy !
i says just the Xbox 360 have a DVD player and after HD-DVD, so buy now if you want ;)

I will.

how about this, my local gamestation store said to me you cannot pre order, we cant guarantee you will get on launch day!! :(:( im not impressed in the slightest

DJ

djdavedoc said:
how about this, my local gamestation store said to me you cannot pre order, we cant guarantee you will get on launch day!! :(:( im not impressed in the slightest

DJ

They are lying to you mate. Try another shop or pre-order online

i pre-ordered at my gamestation the other day.

i am 25th on the list.

djdavedoc said:
I am 26th on the list at my local one!! freaky!

DJ

so you managed to get on the list?

did they guarantee one on release?

I am happy about xbox360 cause ıt will use normal dvd first.I think It means we can play backups more eeasly if we compare hd-dvd.:)and winning eleven is in progress;I cant wait!:)

Microsoft officially announce release dates for 360 - December 2nd for Europe.

Delivering on its promise to give the world an almost simultaneous global release for its next-gen console, Microsoft this morning announced that the Xbox 360 will arrive in the UK and Europe on December 2, just two weeks after the US launch on November 22 - and a week ahead of the Japanese launch on December 10.

The news was announced by Xbox Japan chief Yoshihiro Maruyama at a pre-Tokyo Games Snow press conference in Japan - during which he also confirmed that the Japanese will only get one version of the machine, unlike in America and Europe where two packs will be offered.

Only one version of the Xbox 360 - coming with a hard driver, wireless controller, remote control, communication headset, component AV Cable and Ethernet cable - will appear at one price point. And that price point is ¥37,900 (close to £190). In the US and Europe, two bundles will be available - a basic, hard drive-less bundle, and another similar to the Japanese offer - priced £209.99 and £279.99 respectively.

Now we're getting really shafted if Japan is getting the FULL FAT bundle for only £190!!!!!! That's even cheaper than the effin XB360 Lite that everywhere else is getting, complete feckness.

This from the man who posted a novel on how we weren't getting shafted at all. :mrgreen:

It'll be to get the machine off to as good as possible a start over there, given that XBox completely failed.

Haha you just gotta love Microsoft.

'Look guys, we know you hate our consoles, and we already know the power of this one will not convince you to buy it, so we'll just make it terribly cheap! Deal?'

By the way, there's a pretty interesting podcast produced by Larry Hyrb aka Major Nelson, Director of Programming for XBox Live. You can get it through iTunes or his blog on www.majornelson.com.

Last edited:

ClassicD said:
This from the man who posted a novel on how we weren't getting shafted at all. :mrgreen:

It'll be to get the machine off to as good as possible a start over there, given that XBox completely failed.

That was before I knew Japan where getting the FULL FAT deal for less than a gay bar deal in any other region!!!!!!

;)

djdavedoc said:
No they didnt guarantee me one on release!! buggers!

DJ

my local gamestation guaranteed me one and i am 25th on the list.

you should be ok. if not, theres always argos.

Back
Top Bottom