Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Looks like Im shelling out £280 quid in November. Better than i expected though :)

Xbox 360 Core System - $299 (299 Euros, 209 GBP)
• Wired controller

Xbox 360 - $399 (399 Euros, 279 GBP)
• Wireless controller

I thought there would only be wireless controllers...

ReActor said:
I know, but it is where they make their money. You can't even buy 20GB HDD anymore can you??
I must be a special size hard drive, no way is it your standard pc hard drive like the xbox, I'm sure the modders will get around this, but we'll have to wait a while i guess.

they have become available to pre order.

should i get one?

its a tough decison.

I've pre-ordered one with Amazon, it doesn't cost nowt and atleast I'm on the list, even if I do decide to cancel at a later date.

couldn't resist after posting my message.

i ordered from the premium pack from gameplay.

where are you getting games?

i ordered from play.com cheaper, but longer delivery time.

Well I'm not cancelling my order, the wife has just said she was gonna get it for me anyway...woohoo!!! :D

Games I will wait for official pricing before I order them.

Well I'll be getting myself in a queue for The Premium pack, probably with Game though, and I'll just pick up PGR3 and PDZ at launch I reckon. The saving begins...... As for anyone getting the Core Pack, surely you'll have to get at least a memory card then to have any sort of game saves?

Holio said:
As for anyone getting the Core Pack, surely you'll have to get at least a memory card then to have any sort of game saves?

Yeah that was my thinking. On paper it is alot cheaper, but add a mem card and you are halfway to the full blown package anyway.

I still haven't made up my mind. The pricing looks good considering the extras.
But I'm going to have to wait for PS3 pricing and extras, and more importantly the games each system will have.

Done, ordered, 20 quid down, now to save for the rest of it..... ;)

pre-ordered:

gears of war
ghost recon 3
condemned
call of duty 2

i am gonna wait for official reviews, and depending on the scores, i will cancel ones which don't make the cut.

it would be very daft considering u get lots of peripherals with the premium kit, with the core kit u get practically nothing. So im going for the HDD model.

DJ

Kenny M said:
pre-ordered:

gears of war

I was told today that Gears of War will not make launch, and is likely to slip till March next year.

djdavedoc said:
it would be very daft considering u get lots of peripherals with the premium kit, with the core kit u get practically nothing. So im going for the HDD model.

DJ
If you don't care about custom soundtracks, it'd appear there's no real need for the hard drive. If you also don't have a HDTV and don't mind a wire on your controller, you could buy the Core Pack and spend the money saved on a memory card and a game, so it can be sensible as well as daft ;).

Still not decided! :)

You do need the harddrive for backwards compatibility, so if that is something you want then you will have to go for the premium pack.

Have they confirmed backwards compatibility yet, haven't heard anything on that tho I admittedly haven't been keeping tabs on the situation. In my case there's probably bugger all I'd want to keep from the current gen anyway.

Backwards compatibility will be for top titles only, the list of titles hasn't been announced. However you can probably imagine what they are, Halo, Halo 2, PGR3, Splinter Cell, Ninja Gaiden etc etc. However due to the emulation being software driven you have to have the HDD.

I'm gonna pre-order the £280 pack from Gamestation next week and hope to pick it up midnight on the release date :)

Sad I know, but I did it for Halo 2. Makes it all the more special!

Wouldn't It Just be a recompiled .Xbe Needed to Emulate The Games. So It *maybe* possible to Have backward Compatibility from Memory Cards?

Is it set in stone that you would need The Hdd for backward compatibility ?

If you want downloadable content you will need the HD as well I think.
Im sure where I preordered from had backwards compatibility as one of the features of the premium pack so i am assuming thats because of the HD.

munkee said:
Wouldn't It Just be a recompiled .Xbe Needed to Emulate The Games. So It *maybe* possible to Have backward Compatibility from Memory Cards?

Is it set in stone that you would need The Hdd for backward compatibility ?

I don't know the full in's and out's with regards to how the emulation works but MS have had to pay Nvidia for the use of the emulation software, which is why they are limiting it to only the top titles.

And J Allard said that you will need a Hdd for backwards compatibility. I will try and find the link for you.

I heard they had paid Nvidia the moolah they were looking and so certain titles will be backward compatible straight out of the box, i.e. already on the HDD system, whereas other will become backwards compatible hence the need for an HDD, so you can download the new software to run almost all titles in the end.

Official Xbox Magazines Could Have Content Added + new Backward compatibility Titles . Bit of a bum Deal if you don't Have the internet.

With The memory Cards being 64 megs. And an Xbe being on Average 6 Megs. Thats 10 games if your lucky. I just see it If they Let Games ( Albeit .xbes , They are Using a new format ) be Launched from Hard drive, Surely All it Takes is one Clever Bastard to Have xbmc running within launch day :D

There is NO backwards compatibility(sp) unless you buy the premium pack.

Wot a load of crap, i was buying the premium anyway but what about the less fortunate???

kamy100 said:
Also quite a good article of the REAL cost of buying an xbox 360:

http://pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/1327/

Jesus, that guy is a GENIUS! He can add up how much the peripherals and games are, total them, then tell us how much the 360 is REALLY gonna cost. He should be a rocket scientist or something as clearly his skills are being put to waste.

You may note a touch of sarcasm. ;)

ReActor said:
Jesus, that guy is a GENIUS! He can add up how much the peripherals and games are, total them, then tell us how much the 360 is REALLY gonna cost. He should be a rocket scientist or something as clearly his skills are being put to waste.

You may note a touch of sarcasm. ;)

:)

So what are the Must Buy games at launch for the 360? Other than Madden 06 and Gears of War, i dont readily recognize any of the titles.

Back
Top Bottom