Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

the last news i saw was in the abundantsoft forums on 15-03-2005

"Hi All,

I have been very busy and not been checking out what has been going on here for a while, then I heard the forums had been hacked.

Garfield has fixed the forums with an upgrade, but some things seem to have gone a bit wrong... including the layout etc. Not sure what happened to the smilies either.

Anyway just to let you know that work on the game is progressing very nicely indeed. I am very happy with the way it is shaping up. DC is very happy with it too.

I know it is a long wait, but it will be worth it... no other game like it exists.

Sorry for the inconvenience of the loss of the forums, it is my fault that there was not a more recent backup than the 23rd Jan. The hackers thought it would be fun to delete all the posts. I wonder what they are doing for fun now?

-Dino "

http://www.abundantsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5875#post5875

it will be published by DC studios. if you still doubt that it real: http://www.dc-studios.com/ and go to products in developement.

Last edited:

Thanks, I read around a bit after that. My impression is that this game will never see the light though. His company seems to have exactly one employee, and that's him - with his name plastered all over the place so we don't forget his greatness. His last two football games, which were developed in rather big teams unlike this one, were cancelled.

A new footy game would be nice, but this doesn't look too promising to me. I hope I'm wrong. ;)

When is XBox 360 scheduled for release in Japan? I thought they were going for a simultaneous worldwide release, but if those are launch games then that can't be the case. On Gamespot, one of the WE executive producers said they've only just started the new WE for 360 and estimates development time of about a year, releasing between Autumn/Winter 2006.

I think they put all games in development on the launch title list, it just looks better. Probably only a fraction of these will actually be launch titles.

At the big MS event in Japan over the last day or so they've promised to have it out here and in Japan in 2005.

Whether that happens or not remains to be seen ;)

Accessory list from Ign.

- Wireless controller
- Memory Unit (includes case)
- Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Play & Charge Kit
- Quick Charge Kit
- Wireless Network Adapter
- Hard Drive
- Universal Media Remote
- S-Video AV Cable
- VGA HD AV Cable
- Component HD AV Cable
- Face Plates

"We were a bit surprised by the size of the Xbox 360 hard disk in accessory form. You actually have to buy the entire top part of the console, rather than a little attachment. Sounds like a lot of wasted plastic."
-----------------------------------------------

Dont like the look of the wireless network adaptor being an accessory, I thought that was built in?

UK to get Xbox 360 on '25 November'

Microsoft will ship its Xbox 360 console on Friday, 25 November, "highly placed" sources cited in a GamesIndustry.biz report have claimed.

According to the moles, the console could cost up to £299.

To be fair, that figure is a guess based on information said to be coming out of Microsoft rather than genuine pricing data. In the US, the 360 has been claimed by Wal-Mart employees to be $299 (£168 ), so something closer to £199 would seem more probable - assuming, of course, the quoted US price is right.

"The original plan was £249, but now that Sony is talking about the PS3 being expensive, £299 is looking more likely," said the site's source.

Microsoft's schedule seems more certain. The European launch date will, apparently, be announced next Monday to the trade, followed two days later by the public announcement.

Microsoft would not comment on the report.

Half the price oversea's . Yeah Seems about Right , Shafted as usual

csaunders said:
so are we going to see winning 11 at launch?
No, they've already announced next-gen WE will appear on 360, and they specifically mention that it's the Japanese one and not just the 8-month late NA port, but that development has just begun and is estimated to take up to a year.

As for being shafted, well it's par for the course these days in this part of the world :|.

On the HMV computer system (in the UK) where I work the 360 is listed as £299.99 but this price is subject to change!

Just put down my deposit at GameStop to reserve myself a 360. Dude told me it COULD be out as early as October. . was he yanking my chain?

If its Oct, it'll be the very last week I reckon, thus giving nearly a month before Thanksgiving. Could depend more on the games being ready and in numbers than the actual machine.

Not too bad I guess, even though we're still getting fleeced by about sixty quid on the big package and £45 on the bare-bones one when you have a look at the exchange rates.

Will have to see nearer the time which one I'll be going for, if they're flogging them without a HD then there might well be no need for me personally to get one anyway if all it's going be used for is music.

I'm dissapointed they have gone for a 2 system approach but I can understand the reasons for doing so.

The prices aren't bad I suppose £210 is a great price for the Core Pack, I can't help but think I will go for the full pack.

Xbox 360 Core System - $299 (299 Euros, 209 GBP)
• Xbox 360 console
• Wired controller
• Detachable faceplate
• Xbox Live Silver membership
• Standard AV cables

Xbox 360 - $399 (399 Euros, 279 GBP)
• Xbox 360 console
• 20GB detachable hard drive
• Wireless controller
• Wireless Xbox Live headset
• High-definition AV cables
• Ethernet cable
• Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
• Detachable faceplate
• Xbox Live Silver membership

Peripherals
• Faceplate ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Hard Drive (20 GB) ($99.99, 99.99 Euros, 69.99 GBP)
• Memory Unit (64 MB) ($39.99, 34.99 Euros, 22.99 GBP)
• Wireless Networking Adapter ($99.99, 79.99 Euros, 59.99 GBP)
• Wireless Controller ($49.99, 44.99 Euros, 32.99 GBP)
• Play and Charge Kit ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Rechargeable Battery Pack ($11.99, 14.99 Euros, 9.99 GBP)
• Controller ($39.99, 34.99 Euros, 24.99 GBP)
• Headset ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Universal Media Remote ($29.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)
• Component HD AV Cable ($39.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)
• S-Video AV Cable (US) ($29.99)
• SCART AV Cable (Europe) (24.99 Euros, 17.99 GBP)
• VGA HD AV Cable ($39.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)

Last edited:

j4y3m said:
What if I want the more expensive Live package?

As far as I know the Xbox Live pricing will stay the same. If you already have XBL you can transfer your account to the Xbox360.

Sorry to rag on about pricing, but £70 for a 20GB HD? I got a 120GB HD for £55 a few months ago. :roll:

ClassicD said:
Sorry to rag on about pricing, but £70 for a 20GB HD? I got a 120GB HD for £55 a few months ago. :roll:

I know, but it is where they make their money. You can't even buy 20GB HDD anymore can you??

ClassicD said:

You do get an Ethernet cable, wireless headset, High Def Av cables and a remote control on the full pack it aint just the HDD

I'd be more worried about them bringing out 40-60GB HDD a few months down the line :roll:

EDIT: Sorry Classic, just saw the HDD for sale in the add-ons thing

Last edited:

Preordered the Premium Kit just now. It would be daft going for the core kit
when the difference is 70 quid but the hd alone is 70 quid.

Back
Top Bottom