Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Holio said:
Makes it even more annoying the fact that EA bought the NFL licence out right, no NFL 2K6 :(

Imagine NFL 2K6-7 pimped out in similar fashion to the pics/vids above.

Of course, EA also fucked up 2ks ESPN license, which really shined on the NHL series -- NHL 2K6 suffers presentation-wise as a result.

that nba game looks too good.

i am really thinking about getting one, seeing the PS3 that far away...

Yes that is a bastard, that was one of the main reasons I was gonna get a xbox360 as soon as I could :(

Forza Motor Sport 2

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Don't get me wrong those pics are fab however I don't think it's Forza 2. There is something too 3D Studio Max about them, it just doesn't seem right, even for a concept pic.

I maybe wrong but that is my take. NBA2K on the other hand is incredible.

Im liking the 360 more and more as more game info is being released. I think I may have to treat myself this xmas...

Oli_GHG said:
Im liking the 360 more and more as more game info is being released. I think I may have to treat myself this xmas...

You may not be so lucky, speaking to a guy on Live tonight, rumours abound that the stores have taken too many pre-orders, in fact close to double to the number of XB360's available for launch. In fact it my be Easter before you could possibly go into a shop and pick one up!!!!!!! :shock:

Holio said:
You may not be so lucky, speaking to a guy on Live tonight, rumours abound that the stores have taken too many pre-orders, in fact close to double to the number of XB360's available for launch. In fact it my be Easter before you could possibly go into a shop and pick one up!!!!!!! :shock:

Just in time for GR3 :mrgreen:

Game and Gamestation up my way aren't taking any pre-orders at all, because they don't know how many they're getting in the first place. They're taking 'expressions of interest', and when they find out how many they're getting they'll phone you up and ask if you want to pre-order.

The shops this is, not online.

Is anyone planning to get both the PS3 and 360? I dunno - I never had more than one console at a time (don't see any point really as having more than one). I was originally going for the PS3 but all this stuff about the xbox is looking very interesting.

I had originally gone for the PS2 instead of the original XBox cos of:

-Pro Evolution Soccer/WE
-Grand Theft Auto
-Final Fantasy
-Gran Turismo

PES is already confirmed for the 360 - but I doubt it will get the superb "sequels" of WE (e.g. WE8:LE). Although GTA is available on the xbox - it took almost a year since the original PS2 release(!). I hope there isn't a repeat of this on the 360...

Was pleasantly shocked when I found out that Final Fantasy was coming out on the 360. But TBH, the best one is still FFVII - I heard they are gonna do a remake for the PS3. They better make one for the 360!

Gran Turismo - although a graphical masterpiece - was incredibly boring. FACT: I haven't touched it since the 1st week I got the PS2! (and it was newly released then as well!). I'm sure GT5 will be better looking than PGR3 but I doubt its gonna be any fun (I recently discovered PGR2 in my mates house! - What a game! :shock: )

Looks like I'm sold on the 360 then!

BTW, How can I forget Halo!?

Last edited:

P.J. McNealy of American Technology Research said he expects Microsoft to send roughly 900,000 to 1 million units to North American retailers, 600,000-800,000 to Europe and another 100,000-200,000 to Japan.

Banc of America's Gary Cooper says there will only be between 300,000 and 350,000 units available in the U.S. on Nov. 22.

If true, two trends:

1. Expensive bundles: Gamestop offers five different pre-order packages ranging in price from $700 to $4,500 (includes 20 games and a 42-inch plasma TV).

2. People buying/flippin' consoles on Ebay.

Ebay entrepreneurs will have the Nov.-Jan timeframe to make money. In January a new round of shipments flood the markets and demand drops-off.

I still ain't fully buying the scarcity hype -- but I'll be monitoring supply at retailers, with an eye towards some "Ebay entrepreneurship." Who knows, might be able to finance my console and the first batch of games.

rockykabir said:
Is anyone planning to get both the PS3 and 360?

I probably will, Girlfriend and I are both gamers and both work in the game development industry so next gen systems interest us personally and professionally, first "must have" title for me on 360 is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, whilst it's also available on PC the thought of playing it on a large TV with surround sound booming out does whet my appetite :)

PS3 is gonna be a while away I think, for EU anyway, so will hopefully have enough stashed away to get that although I'll hold back until there are some games worth buying (who am I kidding, there'll be a Wipeout at launch and I'll be in the queue)!

As for WE sequels, well unless they crack the PS3 you're not going to get those either as they're Japan-only releases. Everyone else will be stuck with their once-yearly dosage :(.

I'm fully expecting to walk into Gamestation in Middlesbrough on release day and buy one of these (like I did with the PSP), am I going to be really dissapointed or will it be no problem?

j4y3m said:
I'm fully expecting to walk into Gamestation in Middlesbrough on release day and buy one of these (like I did with the PSP), am I going to be really dissapointed or will it be no problem?

Thats impossible to answer at the moment as we don't know the allocation numbers for the UK. I know that there have been several reports stating that if you haven't got one ordered then don't expect anything this side of Christmas. However that could be BS.

On a better note, MS have said that they are stocking up the consoles to ensure a steady flow of consoles. Rather than dump them all at once then having to wait weeks/months for a new shipment - kinda like what Sony does.

Last edited:

Any words on a possible MGS release for the x360?
If not, i'm probably gonna get the ps3 instead of the x360.
I simply can't make up my mind on which of the two to buy. And I won't buy both. (I think)

More info from CVG : after a brief chat with our friendly PR representative, we've been told that it's "safe to assume" Microsoft's three big hitters will be sitting alongside the Xbox 360 on launch day. While we'd prefer to have all this confirmed in straightforward black and white, with none of this vague press release nonsense, we're happy to go with Mister PR's assertions that Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo and Project Dark Zero will be yours for the taking come December 2. Phew.

No Ghost, but looking like we have PGR3 for Launch for definite alongside the Rare games.

From CVG on Take 2 :

From it's sports division, 2K Sports, there's NBA 2K6, NHL2K6, Top Spin 2, and Amped 3 while Take-Two's RPG opus Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is aiming to bustle in amongst its other contenders. While these aren't all one-hundred-percent definites just yet, we've been told that, barring any major hiccups, eager gamers should be able to get their mitts on these come the Xbox 360's European launch. Fingers crossed, eh?

From CVG, Activisions Launch line up : Activision has confirmed with us this morning that Infinity Ward's World War II FPS, Call of Duty 2, will definitely be on the shelves on Xbox 360 UK launch day - which is December 2 just in case you didn't know - as will Wild West yeee-haw title GUN and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland on the next-gen console.

Seems plenty there to keep most people happy ;)

Last edited:

So long as PD0, PGR3 and one of CoD2, or Kameo are definitely out on day 1, thats me sold.

Mate you may well be dissapointed... why? because there is a shortage of the consoles, they are not even sure if they can fully fulfil the demand on pre orders so its not looking good, plus with the news that a later xbox 360 may have the HD DVD drive I might well wait for that.... but then again knowing me come January ill go out and buy a 360 :)

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Mate you may well be dissapointed... why? because there is a shortage of the consoles, they are not even sure if they can fully fulfil the demand on pre orders so its not looking good, plus with the news that a later xbox 360 may have the HD DVD drive I might well wait for that.... but then again knowing me come January ill go out and buy a 360 :)

DJ

I am deffo gonna get one if my store gets the console in! I am second on the list but i do the games sections, so the other guy can wait!

Roll on December 2nd

Well my local Dixons, Curry's and Blockbuster all have about 1 pre-order and said they will definitely have machines on day 1.

I've never not been able to buy something I've wanted on release day and I am not buying into the hype that there wont be machines available.

Anyone hoping to waltz into GAME, Gamestation or other game specific shops will be dissappointed but I can almost guarantee that places like Tesco's, Dixons, Argos, Curry's, Blockbuster, ASDA will all have machines available.

gizmodo dude said:
Otherwise, people, get ready. This shit kicks ass.

I'm liking this guys style of journalism
icon_biggrin.gif

gizmodo is good folk...but we all sort of guessed that this shit gonna kick ass! ;)

I was beginning to rethink my decision to reserve a 360, but Gizmodude makes me feel like i made the right decision.

Thank you Gizmodude! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom