Lost - Season 5

Ahh just checked the length of the episode on sunday night.

Before it starts there is gladiators, simpsons repeats, gladiators, simpsons repeats then at half 8 'season 5 revealed' which is that nob Ian Lee trying to find spoilers. Then at 9 the episode starts and it ends at 22:50 so that will be the 2 back to back.
And then from 22:50 till 23:20 ian lee is back again doing somethig no one cares about. After that is gladiators, simpsons repeats, gladiators, simpsons repeats.

I thought sky 1 was better than this before virgin lost it

You should be grateful, all I get on BT Vision is Sky 3!!!!

7am Dog Whisperer
8am Dog Whisperer
9am Some Cop Camera Show
10am Dog Whisperer
11am Dog Whisperer
12pm Cops on Camera
1pm Dog Whisperer

Eugh! BT Vision is very good though and aside not having Sky Sports, its better than Sky IMO. Setanta is giving me enough of a footie fix, but I miss not having the big fixtures!

What's wrong with Dog Whisperer?

Though sky 1 isn't as bad as i said - its not gladiators then simspons back to back but they are on every day it seems over and over.

They have good shows but right now some are being held back for uninterrupted runs and some new seasons haven't started yet.

The Simpsons is to Sky 1 what Friends is to E4.

I'm watching S4 again right now and its quite refreshing.

Really enjoyed these 2 episodes. Finally a show that has a story that seems to actually be a bit complex...unlike another show where they are running from the police for 4 years...

I got the same old wtf is going on feeling, but to be honest is just the beginning I think we still don't know where they are going.

Am I the only one who don't like Hurley, I mean I don't trust Ben either but why is he moaning about the lie, as far as I remember they didn't choose the O6 it just happens that they were at the chopper.
And who would believe in smoke monsters etc.
Also they don't know nothing about either Ben and Widmore so the smarter thing to do would lay low right? Why they went to the press?

Not sure... think the polar bears were imaginery (like Kates horse and Jacks Dad) so more 'magic' - the black smoke was 'security' but from what we never knew and didnt Ben just switch it off?

Like I say, I think on the whole they are making it up as they go along. Probably threw too many ideas into the pot and not all stick - which makes it more interesting as it goes along, but when you look back, its like WTF!!??

Heres another... the numbers!

Oh and now the 'magic' at the centre of the island is 'infinite power' that they were drilling for, but 1mm more and everyone would have died. If that Asian chap was so sure all of a sudden what it was, wouldnt he have been more careful!

AAAAAAnnnnd, what was Daniel doing there at that time? Is he a time traveller?

They must have...
dug past that point though because when we saw that area with Ben and Locke in it, the door way where Ben put the metal (why?) was further in. So maybe the scientist guys talking crap - or maybe they figure a way of locking the energy in there.
Anyone any idea who the old bag at the end was, the way they built her up with the music implied i should have remembered her. But i have no idea.

Typical that they throw in more questions than answers but I'm glad they finally made it more clear who was on the island first and which side they were working for. So we can work out that the
'others' as in eye brow man, and the weird people who never age are the 'islands inhabitants' and the Dharma came to the island for its power. Ben goes walk about, meets Richard is his name? The eyebrow guy, and they convince him etc.. they all get gassed and then Ben becomes the leader. I guess we'll have a Ben episode sometime this series where it shows how he recruited everyone to the island.

Daniel
- I think he's in the past in that scene because he must work out a way to save everyone and work out how he CAN go back in time and change the future and not screw the world up. I've no idea how him going there and checking out the energy helps but my guess is during a pulse they go back to that point and he thinks 'ah ha.. a great opportunity'.

Oh and Jacks Dad...
wasn't imaginary was he. He's part of the island. He was chatting to Locke in the hut at the end of the last series and then popped up on the ship to tell Michael that he could go now. Though im confused by what that meant... if it was to tell him he could die now. Well why not just let him die? So maybe they froze time, whipped them off the ship and plonked them on the island? At least I hope they did that with Jin anyway, he's a bad ass and was one of the better characters. Why couldn't they have killed off Kate instead.

Good stuff though and i enjoyed this first episode much more than the first episodes of the past 2 series,

Last edited:
Jack's Dad and Locke

Remember in season 1 when his coffin was empty? That must mean that if you die outside the island, you can be revived back on it... much like Locke will in the future.

The old woman:

We see her selling a ring to Desmond in season 3 in the shop.

Last edited:
you see guys this is why lost is my fav show. its unpredicable and unique compares to the same old shit from heores and prison break.

yes it generates alot of questions but they are unpredictable interesting questions that gets us all talking.

what can we talk about in heroes, prison break and to some extent 24? not much as things are so predictable in those shows that its not even funny anymore.

I've tried watching those other 3 shows but it seems 90% of the cast are Hurley type characters always destined to do the stupid things that piss you off.

Wtf is all this time travel shit?

what happened to the Lost of old where they were stuck in a hole pressing a button

I can see this going shit quickly because this time travel shit is pathetic. It was last seasons ending that messed Lost up as well with the disappearing Island, before that is was kinda believable with the magnetic stuff and Dharma testing

Yeah - I think a lot of the mysteries are going to be explained by the tie travelling. So stuff like "who did something" or "who put something there" will have turned out to be the crash survivors themselves.

Though that does kind of remind me of something else...

The_Two_Guys-341x246.jpg

Yeah - I think a lot of the mysteries are going to be explained by the tie travelling. So stuff like "who did something" or "who put something there" will have turned out to be the crash survivors themselves.

Though that does kind of remind me of something else...

The_Two_Guys-341x246.jpg

Whoooooaaaaa! No wa-ay!?

Slightly confused about this time stuff

So when Locke is getting shot by Ethan, does this really happen ?

A bit more confusion

We see Faraday right at the start of S05E01 so clearly hes time traveled and been on the island before. But later on in the episode when Sawyer knocks on the hatch door Des doesnt answer but when Faraday knocks Des answers, does this mean that somewhere in the past Faraday has knocked on the hatch door ?

And one last thing

The baby right at the start of S05E01, Miles anyone ?

So when Locke is getting shot by Ethan, does this really happen ?

Yes he
really was shot as when he travelled forward he was still shot. Like Faraday said it was either the island going through time, or more likely they were going back and forth.

The one confusion is as it's THEM then why did the island vanish? Unless it's both of them are travelling back and forth and because they're on the island they don't know it's vanished from the future.

A bit more confusion

We see Faraday right at the start of S05E01 so clearly hes time traveled and been on the island before. But later on in the episode when Sawyer knocks on the hatch door Des doesnt answer but when Faraday knocks Des answers, does this mean that somewhere in the past Faraday has knocked on the hatch door ?

It's like the vase in The Matrix when the old lady tells Nero not to worry about it. Then he says 'what vase' and turns to look and knocks it over. So if she hadn't said anything would he still have broken it?

Sawyer was trying to
knock the door down to change what had already been. Which was the chopper/ship going boom (as he thinks) - but if that was changed and we follow on what would have happened. With the ship/chopper not going 'boom' then Sawyer wouldn't have been wanting to knock the door down. And like Faraday told him, even if he had managed to warn Desmond, the boat/chopper would still have gone as Desmond would have either forgot about it or it would have happened a different way. Like where Desmond saved Charlie from electrocution, all that happened was he was then destined to die another way and then another. So stopping people going to the boat would have just stopped everyone getting off the island and they'd have all died another way.

But Faraday was wanting to change the future that hadn't already happened. He is wanting to save the future of the island by telling Desmond to remember this meeting and not to do anything until the future. So Desmond ends up having a nightmare suddenly remembering 'oh shit, I remember where I saw Faraday before!'

There is a chance that the destiny of the island is already set and that's what Faraday is trying to work out. Either it's destined to be fucked and for everyone to die, or the destiny of it is for Faraday and the others to save the island. Once he finds out the correct answer then there is no changing it, which is what he was trying to
explain to Sawyer.

And one last thing

The baby right at the start of S05E01, Miles anyone ?

I never thought of that but yes, that could well be!
=========
Here's a quick question about Miles - In the last series [Series 4 spoilers]
when he stumbled across the bodies of Daniel and the french woman he knew they were there before he dug them up.
But does anyone remember what the other thing he did earlier in the series was? I'm sure he read someone's mind or said something that freaked someone out so we were left thinking 'how did he know that?'

-

Oh and did anyone else feel a bit confused by the scene with Kate and
sun. It seemed like Sun was blaming Kate for not getting Jin. But then she said with her expressionless face that she didn't blame her. Now it might just be me, and because i hate Kate's character.. but she was clearly at fault. she promised she'd get Jin, and then totally didn't.

Last edited:
Radiation about the Des/Faraday thing

I wonder what would have happend say if Des would still be on the island, I wonder would he be able to meet himself in the past

I think so - I've been expecting those left on the island to to the same thing with themselves. I think Juliet will eventually.
-

I just had to explain the time travel difference to the misses and I think I explained it a little better.

Like Faraday says -
time is like a piece of string. You can go back and forth on it. The Desmond who was in bed is say at one end of the string which is the present day. Faraday and the others are at some point in the past on the string. So when Faraday made a change in the past Desmond couldn't feel the effects of it until the current day which is why he woke up in a sweat remembering it as if it had just happened. Because technically it did just happen. It's also why they couldn't change the boat/chopper because the changes wouldn't have kicked in until the current day in the future. Like If Sawyer had told him he'd have woken in the bed that night thinking 'shit they warned me and i forgot! it's my fault!' Or maybe like they said something would have happened to stop them meeting so that's why Desmond didn't answer the hatch until
everyone but Faraday had gone.

Random thoughts about the time travel...
Desmond was originally in the hatch with his friend for 3 years before his friend went outside and tried to sail away in Desmond's boat. After that guy died, Desmond returned to the hatch and he was down there for forty one days until Locke started banging on the hatch. The day he returned to the hatch was the day the plane crashed because while he was out the countdown had ended and everything was about to F up.

So when they're banging on the back door, the camp and plane crash will have returned to the location. So if they had ran to the beach it would be there. Though it would have been a past version of the camp.

And then to make it more confusing the island must have gone back in time between 40/39 something days and 1 day to make it vanish from the current time and so it's within the time when Desmond was in the hatch and the plane that fell and crushed boom was on the ground which is where locke was at the same time.

If that makes sense.

One question - did they ever explain who Boon was talking to when he was in the plane? I remember he discovers a working radio. Using this radio, Boone sends out a distress call. In response, a male voice answers, "Is someone out there?" to which Boone responds, "We are the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815." He hears the reply, "No, WE are the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815." At this point the teetering plane falls over the cliff.

Last edited:
Yes Rad, in Season 2, I think, we see Ana Lucia's crew on the radio claiming that THEY are the survivors - which technically they both are since the plane split.

Anyway, I think Daniel is my favourite character now!

Thanks for all the theories, makes a bit more sense.

Still confused at hell, but what a show!

Next episode tonight in US isnt it?

Very good.

Not a lot to tell but the little things we learn interest me a lot. The way the Mythology is going is very interesting.
Oh and
NO Oceanic 6 !!!
...and
Little Charlie... ;)

8/10

Very good.

Not a lot to tell but the little things we learn interest me a lot. The way the Mythology is going is very interesting.
Oh and
NO Oceanic 6 !!!
...and
Little Charlie... ;)

8/10

Not watched it yet (tonight), but couldnt resist your spoilers!

Spoiler 2 has me intrigued...

All this time warping is really messing with my head!

I must say I did quite enjoy the Locke/Alpert scenes in the latest episode though.

So it appears Des will travel to the U.S to find Faraday's mother, I guess he will bump into old friends on his travels!

Lost has got to be VERY careful now - for me, its on the very edge of jumping the shark.

It hasn't yet and the fact its on the edge is making it compulsive viewing, but I'm starting to get the feeling its trying to be too clever.

i.e.

Whidmore being on the island... it seems now that anyone and everyone has been on the island either in the past, present or future.

Des calling the baby 'Charlie' - if that turns out to be THE Charlie, then that will ruin Lost for me because how on earth will they explain it. I'm just hoping he named his son Charlie after his good friend (just realised that! but anyway...)

All the time travel stuff... its getting a little bit 'Quantam Leap'. If the next time they get the flash of lightning Sawyer says "oh boy", I'm switching off :D

Seriously though, all the time travel stuff is rendering any suspense in the story as worthless as everything can be explained away with the time travelling. Like they woman from the 'others' said to Daniel about 'you are back again' or something like that...

Anyways, I still love the show, I just hope it doesnt get too much sillier...

My theory:
Ben was elected the new leader, Whitmore got annoyed and pissed off because he was also probably kicked off the island. So now Whitmore is trying to get it back.

The nuke might also have something to do with the island's messed up core.

Back
Top Bottom