Lost - Season 5

Re: Lost - Season 5 - January 21

Looking forward to this coming on.

Thankfully it's back on Virgin now, so I'll watch it from there.

Can't wait, great that there wasn't a big gap between this and Heroes finishing.

FD

I never watch spoilers, can't stand them, don't watch previews, don't watch "next week on...", fortunately most internet versions of shows have them cut out now at the end, don't watch the Galactica spoilers that they have after the titles, don't watch the NCSI black photo spoiler before each "chapter" of an episode, like to watch everything fresh, shows have a hard enough time to not be guessable these days as it is.

My pet hate is "Next week on"...

Good way to keep fit though, put the remote across the room and have races to grab it as soon as "next week on....." starts up ;)

So its on Sunday here then?

the EPG only shows it from 9 till 10:30 for some reason though

Yea its on Sunday. its a feature length episode thats why it ends a bit earlier.

Yea its on Sunday. its a feature length episode thats why it ends a bit earlier.

There is some shit on before it starts with Ian Lee trying to get spoilers on the new series by talking to the cast.

I hate those one off programs, the least they could do was put it on after the opening episodes.

It is on after according to the Sky EPG

Last edited:

My mistake.

On the virgin guide it has a half hour i think program before it where ian lee tries to get spoilers - then the hour long season opener is on and then after that an hour special where ian lee tries to talk his way into getting an on screen part.

I just watched the episode, not a bad episode but I found it a bit boring at times.

NEW EP SPOILER
I thought the funniest part was when Sawyer said SON OF A then he traveled time and said BITCH

Just watched the first episode. Never has an episode of Lost been such a headfuck :( Just so much to take in!

Not sure I like the direction it's gone in though.

I'll watch the 2nd episode in a bit and see if that clears some stuff up but that was just confusing.

Yep.

Second episode was much clearer, more relaxed and less chaotic.

Still not sure I like where the series is going though :( It's a far cry from what the first season played out as. Kind of like how Prison Break was great in its first season because it was what it was intended to be and it worked. Since the first series, PB lost its way and eventually became a very different show to the one everyone started watching and loved PB for.

Lost is the same. It's just not what it was intended to be and the storyline now is just a bit ... meh.

Thought it was really good - but could just be the excitement of Lost being back!

Nice set up of storylines though for the rest of the series - can anyone confirm this is the last? Seemed that way from the trailer I saw "the end is about to begin" etc.

Hope it is the last season. I love Lost, but they need to finish it now - before it DOES become a Prison Break like Dags says.

I think we need to either make a new UK Lost thread or spoiler everything till after Sunday or maybe for me just not to come here till after Sunday :LOL:

Hope it is the last season. I love Lost, but they need to finish it now - before it DOES become a Prison Break like Dags says.

It will never be like Prison Break, there's still one season after the 5th but since they have planned 48 episodes from may 2007, they know exactly where they are going. They decided to reduce the length of seasons and concentrate on the story.

Lost is the same. It's just not what it was intended to be and the storyline now is just a bit ... meh.

I disagree completely. Season 1 was just a long presentation of characters. It couldn't last forever. Lost is about a strange island, and in the 1st second of the show you know something is not right.
The difference with past seasons is that they planned big "cliffhangers" and not how to tell the story episode by episode. It's not like that anymore since season 4.

Last edited:
Ok, lets get this party started!!

Just fell in that the compass Richard gave Locke is one of the items he presents to a young Locke to pick out (to see if he was 'ready' at about 10 years old) in that Locke-centric episode!

That made me laugh though...

Richard: "Take this compass"
Locke: "Why? What does it do?"
Richard: "It points to North, John..." :D

More I remember of these 2 episodes, more I remember how much I love lost! My and the missus had so many "OMG!" moments last night :)

Nice they let Anna-Lucia have a cameo too after her sacking!

PB

It wasn't just Richard saying it points North, it's the way he said it!

"It .... points North, John :CONF:" :LMAO:

PB

It wasn't just Richard saying it points North, it's the way he said it!

"It .... points North, John :CONF:" :LMAO:

yea, exactly! You wrote it better than I thought of doing - that was exactly it! :LMAO:

Think the whole time jumping thing is very close to ruining the show. I still dont think the writers have a story from series 1 at all. Series 1 was like 'the mysterious island' and I think as the series has gone on, they've hinted at different things it can be, but never really committed to any.

If it can jump around in time, what of the Polar Bears? The Black Smoke? The healing properties of the island etc. Its just all lumped in as 'magic' - now time travel!?

Ah well, its a cracking series anyway and I love all the twists and turns...

Any theories on why the O6 need to go back together? What about the others that left - like Walt, Walt's Dad, the chopper pilot etc...

Agree completely with your second and third paragraph. That's what I mean with regards to how the first series was really interesting but the series has now changed completely.

And the third paragraph ... exactly! What's happened to those?!

Agree completely with your second and third paragraph. That's what I mean with regards to how the first series was really interesting but the series has now changed completely.

And the third paragraph ... exactly! What's happened to those?!

Not sure... think the polar bears were imaginery (like Kates horse and Jacks Dad) so more 'magic' - the black smoke was 'security' but from what we never knew and didnt Ben just switch it off?

Like I say, I think on the whole they are making it up as they go along. Probably threw too many ideas into the pot and not all stick - which makes it more interesting as it goes along, but when you look back, its like WTF!!??

Heres another... the numbers!

Oh and now the 'magic' at the centre of the island is 'infinite power' that they were drilling for, but 1mm more and everyone would have died. If that Asian chap was so sure all of a sudden what it was, wouldnt he have been more careful!

AAAAAAnnnnd, what was Daniel doing there at that time? Is he a time traveller?

If this is the last series, they are gonna have to go some to sort it all out with some decent conclusions!

I'll tell you what screwed the last series of lost up for me. Showing us that 6 got off the island and then putting those 6 into life/death situations back on the island. As if we're going to care as much knowing they obviously get off the island ok.

It's like their own spoiler saying 'hey these 6 survive and get away' also anytime a story started where they might die you just ended up thinking immediately... well i know they'll be ok, so what else is going on.

They might just be stretching it over instead of showing 2. They were standalone episodes, not one long one.

Ahh just checked the length of the episode on sunday night.

Before it starts there is gladiators, simpsons repeats, gladiators, simpsons repeats then at half 8 'season 5 revealed' which is that nob Ian Lee trying to find spoilers. Then at 9 the episode starts and it ends at 22:50 so that will be the 2 back to back.
And then from 22:50 till 23:20 ian lee is back again doing somethig no one cares about. After that is gladiators, simpsons repeats, gladiators, simpsons repeats.

I thought sky 1 was better than this before virgin lost it

Back
Top Bottom