Grand Theft Auto 5

Re: GTA V - Trailer 11-02-11

Looks alright actually, graphics are much better than the dingy crap of 4, but didn't really show much actual game play and that's where GTA4 lacked for me, driving sucked, shooting and fighting was pretty boring, no gangs (was good taking a run turn, to get shot at by one of the gangs) and no where near as much to do as what the PS2 San Andreas had (oh yeah and bring back the army haha), if they can just re-create that I would be happy.

Sometimes I wish I could create my own character like Saints Row, but guess that's all about the games individuality... but Saints Row 3 will definitely fill the void, until more of this is revealed.

Looked a bit dated to me, graphically. But the character seemed interesting (also saw a forsale sign infront of a house). Anyone else think you're a regular joe who got screwed by the crisis / banks and you are now forced to become a bankrobber/crook?

I'm sure it was a storyline for a movie or tv show. Keeping up appearences by still living in the expensive house and expensive car but instead of going to work during the day rob banks and stuff. Could be fun if it's something like that!

How can anyone judge the graphics or map when all we have seen is like pre rendered cut scenes.

Ill be reserving judgement until we see full gameplay footage.

Also, GTA4 ran like shit on PC's. Wasnt well optimised or the game was truely beasty?

I dont think console graphics will or can be better than GTA4 so it will look only as good as GTA4 on consoles.

I hope PC runs better and looks great. Ill prob have big upgrade by then anwyay

nothing about that was rendered now, rockstar never did that.

scripted yes, but that's the ingame-engine.

nothing about that was rendered now, rockstar never did that.

scripted yes, but that's the ingame-engine.

yes but it looks like cut scenes not in game footage. The graphics may not be too much differnt but the backgrounds and environment you are walking in will be.

Then again it could just be PC potential

YouTube - Best Graphics Ever (Life Like) - GTA IV PC w/ iCEnhancer 1.3, Better City Textures, and Tree Mod

Doubt consoles will look that good.

Last edited:

Rockstar announcement:

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

The song used in the trailer is 'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake', and the album it was on (of the same name) was released on the 24th May 1968.

Lots of hints 24th May is the date.

Lots of hints 24th May is the date.

I would be really suprised if the game was released in May, I would say fall 2012 as the release date as you got to think it is too far away from Christmas so all the 13yo's won't be able to get the game.

Will do!

You pay £40 for one disc, we pay £40 for 6. Bargain if I ever saw one.

I heard game will only be los santos no san fierro or las venturas. I hope not true

Surely not given the countryside and the planes in the trailer.

Yeh but the countryside was still in ''los santos'' when you think about it!!

because San fran and vegas where not part of the countryside.

You had the hood, hollywood, shopping/residential areas, then loadsa countryside...that was all los santos.

basically south of the map.

Then north west you had san fierro and north east you had los venturos.

I hope Im wrong but it seems from what I heard and am now guessing there wont be san fran and vegas :(

Rockstar have confirmed it will be Los Santos and it's surrounding area. There's no other cities.

I am fine with it if there will be only on big los santos with its beautiful countryside.
the trailer looks great an i am really looking forward to the release. if this will be already in may next year i would be very surprised - but we will see :D

Rockstar have confirmed it will be Los Santos and it's surrounding area. There's no other cities.

But they also said it is the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created, so who knows maybe will be one city that feels like 3 or 4.

Man in Suit
Is this our hero? Or one of our playable protagonists in GTA V. The new trailer did nothing to confirm or refute our reporting last week that the game will feature multiple playable leads, but it does imply that this guy is someone we'll play as, just due to how close we're getting to him. Some people think this is Tommy Vercetti, lead character of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. (They also think that the voice actor speaking over this trailer is Ray Liotta, who voiced Vercetti. We're not so sure.)

That could be very cool.

Back
Top Bottom