Grand Theft Auto 5

Re: GTA V - Trailer 11-02-11

If it were made for PC then ported to console maybe look amazing? Like BF3single player but a whole world/city!!! that would be amazing!!!

Though PC version will look better than console prob need a monster rig to run it well?

tbh gta4 with ultra settings on PC was pretty tasty but like others said the game didnt do it for me. I hope they bring back the fun and stuff.

Saints row is just pure OTT comical stuff whereas even the old GTA's though were fun the overall main missions and stories going on were still kinda serious. The colour and vibe, driving etc was always fun plus some funny missions now and then, GTA4 just lacked that. Pretty dark and gritty overall.

Last edited:

Hope it's not some gangsta crap, couldn't stand SA. But then the only game I ever managed to finish was Vice, quickly got bored of 4 aswell.

If rumours are true it is...

Are you sure you wanna look?
It might spoil something
might spoil something bad
really bad!
Ok well don't say I didn't warn you, it's all Gerd's fault anyway!
gtav-details.jpg

No idea if that's fake or real.

Last edited:

Why? You can't read the text without clicking to make the image bigger and if you did that it would only be because you want spoilers, ergo the picture size is in itself a spoiler protection function.

I agree with both Stuart and Placebo you both have valid points. Placebo is right about having to click the picture to see it...but there is a bit of info in it that tells you about the character and how they evolve which I wasn't expecting. I was expecting just to tell me where it was based and the map etc. So maybe a heads up on that would have been nice. But it wasn't major, for me anyway :DD

Well I'd be pissed off if it turns out to be true, as i was just expecting basic info and setting, not to have the potential ending spoiled for me.

Hopefully though this is just BS that anyone with access to the internet can make a post claiming they've tested the game or whatever..

I'm sure a pedantic moderator will be happy enough to brutally, cruelly, viscously and offensively edit my post without my prior consent ;)

Probably that Mart or Lami, they both are waging a slow war of attrition against me ;)

Reason: Offensive Posting
6 September 10 17:10 by Lami 0 / Expired

The 'Things That Piss...
Reason: Offensive Posting
18 February 09 22:34 by Mart 1 / Expired

Profile Warning
Reason: First Warning
16 July 08 21:32 by Mart 0 / Expired

Profile Warning
Reason: First Warning
24 June 08 17:03 by CW 0 / Expired

Loved that trailer. Didn't give much away at all but neither did the GTA IV trailer. Location looks nice, too.

Should of been called GTA4: SA.
Looks like all other GTA games, but my god do the graphics look incredibly dated.

Is it the same map as SA? how can you tell from that trailer? Vinewood sign?

So its bacially San Andreas HD?

Not bad Id like Vice City HD also though

Last edited:

I guess its easier to remodify maps than build from scrath huh?

Ah well SA is a huge map and sure will look good, shame nothing new to explore

GTA IV was a rebuilt Liberty City, not a 're-mod'. How can the PS2/Xbox handle such massive maps with high-def graphics?

The graphics in the trailer are often very close to the game, so I'm certain it will be incredibly different from the polygonal San Andreas (which I thought was the worst in the series).

Glad the story isn't based on gangster life.

GTA IV was a rebuilt Liberty City, not a 're-mod'. How can the PS2/Xbox handle such massive maps with high-def graphics?

The graphics in the trailer are often very close to the game, so I'm certain it will be incredibly different from the polygonal San Andreas (which I thought was the worst in the series).

Glad the story isn't based on gangster life.

I know what you are saying but its not new.

I mean when vice city was released it was exciting when SA was released it was exciting.

GTA4 map was intriguing but not exciting. .

For me GTA5 map will be intriguing not exciting.Dont get me wrong im still hyped up

Now there was mean to be a new true crime game for ps3 set in hong kong and it looked amazing. I was excited for that. A sandbox game set in hong kong. Sadly, developers cancelled it or soemthing but game was bought back by sqaure? Consdiering they made the amazing sandbox game just cause 2. this should be da bomb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Crime_(2010_video_game)

Last edited:

Granted i have never been to the USA but there has to be more than 3 cities in the whole of it right? Well it probably HAS to be a city set near the coast too (not my opinion but Rockstar's apparent preference). I'm still sure there's a ton of those.

I find the trailer a bit of a let down considering all it shows is them revisiting somewhere they've already set one of the games in. It looks nice but it doesn't exactly conjur a whole host of new possibilities. After all what can they add to the setting that wasn't in the huge sprawling lay out of San Andreas. When they release information about the game mechanics then i'll be interested.

Last edited:

Love the game already. Looks fantastic in the trailer and will be fun to play with a probability of 99,9999% and will be pre-order asap. Only thing I did not get is the story: Is it the (obviously) "old men, who is settling down and talking about his kids" or did I miss something there?

Edit: And what game is/was this "RDR" the guy in the spoiler is referring to? Can't make any links to the GTA universe at all. O_o

Last edited:

Is the voice meant to be Tommy Vercetti? Heard that but could be rubbish.

I think an older Tommy appears at a certain point in the trailer. Might be wrong but I was about to swear that it was him wearing a black suit.

Stunning trailer. Loved the choice of LA-style, I'm all about LA expect the damn f*cking Lakers! :LOL:

Rumours on the GTA boards from clues in the trailer that the release date could be May 24th 2012.

Back
Top Bottom