FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

What I'm saying is, you shouldn't move in every throw in, like if it's near the corner, players shouldn't move the same meters as in the middle. It shouldn't happen in every situation. This is FIFA they always exaggerate things.
So you don't see players in every single game around the world sneaking extra yards on a throw in? Mate you are looking for shit for the sake of it.Now behave yourself:P

So you don't see players in every single game around the world sneaking extra yards on a throw in? Mate you are looking for shit for the sake of it.Now behave yourself:P

Ahh you don't get it. I'm not saying they don't move, players take a distance back from the touch line, but in the video he seems to move more than he should. Enjoy FIFA 17. I'm sure you gonna like it. The targeting system is :TU:

Yeah he's starting to wind me up too.

That's just my opinion take it easy. I'm skeptical, initial reaction is that I don't like it.

Last edited:
Have they announced any new leagues or licenses other than J-League? The more the merrier.

Both of those would be very exciting! Would love to see CSL in the game but yeah even more so I'd like to see them do what they did for EPL and Bundesliga last year to other competitions especially La Liga, Ligue 1 and Serie A.

I love playing Bundesliga and Premier League in FIFA16 due to the extra authenticity those two leagues displayed in the game thanks to incredible attention paid to them! Yeah I'd like to see them take that next step and include all Bundesliga stadiums like they did with English Premiership. Love how the league table, the background music and the TV presentation of those two leagues was vastly different to other leagues.

I read somewhere that La Liga is gonna be exclusive to FIFA and that it's gonna get the attention that EPL did last year in regards to stadiums, chants, player faces etc. That would be great news!

lol wtf are those free kicks? outside of the boot FKs straight into the top corner?

the low, driven shot and curved through balls are welcome additions I guess, but it's just more typical buzzword features being thrown around when back-end of the game is so broken.

Same old crap in here FIFA gets slated by people who haven't even played it , PES gets all the pre release "awards" and hype then on release day FIFA wipes the floor with it, same haters carry on finding fault without playing it ...boring

I think we're definetely going to get a La Liga package in terms of the presentation. Notice all of the games they've shown are friendlies with BPL vs. La Liga, Serie A vs. La Liga etc. I expect they'll also add the Copa del rey which is huge for me personally.

Same old crap in here FIFA gets slated by people who haven't even played it , PES gets all the pre release "awards" and hype then on release day FIFA wipes the floor with it, same haters carry on finding fault without playing it ...boring

Not a Fifa hater i buy it every year (but i hate EA monopolism with all my heart) but i want 2 good footies games this year.
Fifa 15 was horrendous, Fifa 16 was good but becames half-shitty after the patch.
And don't talk to me about sliders i'm not with it and like to play the same game online and offline.

I don't even really enjoyed a footie game since more than 6-7 year (last one was Fifa 10 on PS3 and 11 on PC) because of too many things wich deceive me from one game to another.

Like me, don't take that much attention to hate post, on either PES/Fifa thread they're too obvious.
But people have their reason too hate even before the game is sorted, for example the monopolism exclusivity EA thing, or the PS3 PES era still in minds of many players/consumers.
Not objective critism without arguments, but understandable in both camp.

I'd like to everybody stay calm and forget about the past (don't love it like the other say)

Now let's talk about the nets physics shown on that video: i thing it's a particularity of that stadium, they're tense because there's a bar that maintain the nets behind the goal.
Some stadium have those type of goal, those don't, i don't really know what to think about it.
Edit: I mean if there is differents goals models, more floaty nets on some stadiums

About set pieces, i think that's really immersive. About trown in, i don't care at all.
What i've seen is that video looks good in my opinion but it's never like this with true in-game footage wait to see.
And about lightening, Youtube makes videos darker too so... It's still a promotionnal clip, nothing more or less

Last edited:
The difference in night lighting between euro 2008 and fifa 09 was huge too. I feel like they change it just for the sake of it. To make it look different.

Now let's talk about the nets physics shown on that video: i thing it's a particularity of that stadium, they're tense because there's a bar that maintain the nets behind the goal.
Some stadium have those type of goal, those don't, i don't really know what to think about it.
Edit: I mean if there is differents goals models, more floaty nets on some stadiums

I hope you r right about this. Some people might find it not important, but I for myself like it a lot, when a game has good physics and net physics are definitely counted in for this.

From what I´ve seen up to now, I´m looking forward for the demo.
Been playing FIFA 16 against my son yesterday and it was a blast.
Such a tight game, nice pace (on slow) and realized that there was another update...dunno what it did, but the match was great!

If FIFA 17 is gonna be as good as 16, I´m fine with it.

They didn't change anything in the gameplay (check the "log" if you're on PS4) but the "FUT chemistry glitch" mentionned many times which makes a little "scandal" on youtube especially.
At least they find the issue, good for FUT players.

wish they had commented on the defence blocking these runs and covering.
always feels like they put all the focus on goals and then dont know how to make the defence work so just gimp your shot accuracy.

It's all about implementation. Remember FIFA 16 demo? How amazing it was. It had all the features they were talking about in the marketing campaign. Then out of the box...*poof!*...it was all gone. Only now in 1.07 does it feel closer, but still far off from what the demo had.

Wipes the floor? Haha come on man.
Without turning this into another F V P thread yes from a football fundamentals point of view such as shot variation, ball physics , fouls , refs , goalkeepers , game modes (not a fundememtal) it wipes the floor ...the things that once made PES great

The difference in night lighting between euro 2008 and fifa 09 was huge too. I feel like they change it just for the sake of it. To make it look different.

This.

The can't improve the graphics drastically due to yearly release. But they change the pitch colours and lightings to add variations. Sometimes the variation looks nice. Sometimes it goes completely wrong.

Look Fifa 2007 and 2008 (both pc and xbox). The colours were different. But Fifa 10 day pitch colour was faked.

Back
Top Bottom