FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Yes please. Ultimate Team (and myclub) should be free to play games.
That was my thought, but sadly it's a pretty resounding "no" during the interview.

The confirmation that, essentially, they only really care about Ultimate Team players - and then the insult-to-injury of "we've thought about giving them their own separate game but we're never going to do that" - is a bitch.

Why they would throw away the $60 from the FUT players??? They know they will pay it anyway. If sales were poor that could be an option to acquire more players, like PES did this year, but Fifa sales are huge and i don´t see the necessity of a separate UT game for them. Based on sales numbers i can see it happening in PES franchise someday but never in Fifa.

Why they would throw away the $60 from the FUT players??? They know they will pay it anyway. If sales were poor that could be an option to acquire more players, like PES did this year, but Fifa sales are huge and i don´t see the necessity of a separate UT game for them. Based on sales numbers i can see it happening in PES franchise someday but never in Fifa.
True, I guess you're right (also, PES are already doing it due to the sales numbers, and I'd bet they'll do it again this time, but maybe not until early next year).

It's just a shame that one side (i.e. FUT players) are getting all the dev focus, and the other side (i.e. career mode players) are getting very little of it (I'm not counting that story mode as "career mode" development because it looks childish to me thus far).

If they broke them into two separate groups, they could sell two separate games (sometimes making $120 from a single person who wants to play both things), but maybe provide real leaps forward for both sets of players.

Of course, there'd be outrage at people not getting both any longer, and it'll never happen - it's more likely that they create add-ons for career mode that you can pay for to make it deeper, but even THAT will never happen.

They mention "Head Coach" mode for Madden and looking at mobile integration though, so maybe there's hope of that happening for FIFA (whatever that would mean - fake "texts" about transfer offers or training reports, I don't know).

I'm still waiting for them to put together an online career mode for God's sake, with other real managers, "proper" transfers etc... I'd pay for that functionality... But it's all so FUT-based...

Last edited:
Saying that UT users are the most engaged is ludicrous, IMO career mode users are far more engaged in the game, what they mean is UT users are so fucking stupid they spend 100s of millions of $ buying stupid shit.

Saying that UT users are the most engaged is ludicrous, IMO career mode users are far more engaged in the game, what they mean is UT users are so fucking stupid they spend 100s of millions of $ buying stupid shit.

But that is the only kind of engagement that they are interested.

The main problem in Fifa for me is that they are winning shitloads of money from UT every year and i see nothing invested in gameplay, all i see is more and more spends on licenses and presentation. If they, at least, dedicated a good ammount of that UT money to evolute the gameplay aspects of their game properly i wouldn´t mind so much.

My world, player indicators are damn huge and I still hope this won't be the night lightning in final game. It looks horrible.

But that is the only kind of engagement that they are interested.

The main problem in Fifa for me is that they are winning shitloads of money from UT every year and i see nothing invested in gameplay, all i see is more and more spends on licenses and presentation. If they, at least, dedicated a good ammount of that UT money to evolute the gameplay aspects of their game properly i wouldn´t mind so much.

Well said:WORSHIP:

Never watched a football match in your life it seems.

I'll ignore the rest of your silly ignorant fanboy trolling.

What are you talking about? It happens in real life but not to the point I can move as freely as I want every time there is a throw in. Plus some refs will pass and some won't, they will tell the player to play where the ball was sent. So no, getting excited over a shitty trailer with additions that have been already introduced before isn't me being a troll fanboy. Maybe it makes you one.

It happens in real life but not to the point I can move as freely as I want every time there is a throw in.
So you're assuming that you can move freely in FIFA and go as far as you want... Either they're fools (if what you assume is true) or you're a troll, sorry.
Of course you'll be limited to, say, two or three metres ahead and two or three metres behind, no way they could let you take a throw in near the opposite area if the ball went into touch near your goalkeeper. Come on, it's called 'common sense'.

Of course you'll be limited to, say, two or three metres ahead and two or three metres behind, no way they could let you take a throw in near the opposite area if the ball went into touch near your goalkeeper. Come on, it's called 'common sense'.

This.

So you're assuming that you can move freely in FIFA and go as far as you want... Either they're fools (if what you assume is true) or you're a troll, sorry.

Thank you....whew....

Those nets are shocking!

Indeed.
Seeing this, the ugly word "steelcage" is coming in my mind every time.

Then I rather wanna have the ground bar coming up every frigging time.
At least there, nets showed some physics.

I'm hoping these videos were put together a while ago now and that net physics etc. will change, but... Part of me thinks they wouldn't change by accident, and that they consider what they've done to be more realistic.

I'm more interested in the gameplay, but admittedly, it's nice to see the net bulge...

The same old defender running away from the attacker on the through pass. I know it's going to drive me insane.

I'm hoping these videos were put together a while ago now and that net physics etc. will change, but... Part of me thinks they wouldn't change by accident, and that they consider what they've done to be more realistic.

I'm more interested in the gameplay, but admittedly, it's nice to see the net bulge...

They're gonna stay the same, otherwise they would have made it a new feature. The ball physics plays a huge part in this too. Once the ball hits the net and starts to fall down towards the ground, notice how it never bounces on the ground when it hits, it just follows the net and rolls smoothly along the grass. It's basic physics that doesnt exist in the game and it makes it look really bad to the human eye that is used to basic stuff like that.

What could be the most annoying new feature is the driven kick from the goalkeepers. The game is going to go from end to end in a fraction of a second. Is that what people want?

What could be the most annoying new feature is the driven kick from the goalkeepers. The game is going to go from end to end in a fraction of a second. Is that what people want?

It's something that should be in the game, but it shouldn't be very accurate everytime you do it even if it's De Gea etc.

It's something that should be in the game, but it shouldn't be very accurate everytime you do it even if it's De Gea etc.

True, but you know what will happen -- EA will begin by not making it accurate. Then people will complain that it's not accurate. Then in the first patch it will be very accurate.

Damn i was wrong it seems. That is indeed night lightning and not overcast day or something.

It looks terrible lol.

What I'm saying is, you shouldn't move in every throw in, like if it's near the corner, players shouldn't move the same meters as in the middle. It shouldn't happen in every situation. This is FIFA they always exaggerate things.

Back
Top Bottom