FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

All I want is 3d grass during gameplay camera (°¤°). We need hooligans and naked fans coming down on the field during gameplay. Atleast that will entertain us from the boring gameplay.

Those faces look very nice...I've always thought FIFA faces weren't that great, but the new engine is really helping. But I'll reserve my full praise until I see the other not so famous players' faces first. Sometimes those are really horribly done by EA.

As for the modes, I am interested that they're making a nice Journey mode for on and off the pitch materials, but then to be honest, in a sports game, sometimes it is better to have no story than a dramatic story. 2K had it best when they didn't have much story lines and just let you choose what you want to say, your answers and how your character interacted to different stuff. Once they tried to add story lines like 2K16, it messed it all up.

Yes, but, how were the eyelashes? That's the only way to judge a football game these days!!!! ;)
Yeah, feminine eyelashes and skin like the surface of the moon is an important part of modern football games.

Last edited:
They need to improve night lightings. I played Pes 10 a moment ago and night lighting was outstanding.

dont know about you guys but fifa 15 and 16 are unplayable online for some reason because I have an old CPU (Intel Q9550 2.83GHz) and the game starts to stutter really bad after playing for about 20-30 mins. My video card is gtx 670 and I have no issues with other games.

Hopefully the move to the frostbite engine fixes this because I have no issue running BF4.

dont know about you guys but fifa 15 and 16 are unplayable online for some reason because I have an old CPU (Intel Q9550 2.83GHz) and the game starts to stutter really bad after playing for about 20-30 mins. My video card is gtx 670 and I have no issues with other games.

Hopefully the move to the frostbite engine fixes this because I have no issue running BF4.

I had this issue with Fifa 11~13 in my old laptop. game started to stutter once my CPU got hot. And it stopped after a minite or four but started again after a while.

Ironically, this problem was nonexistent before I upgraded my laptop from windows xp to 7.

Looks nore of a CPU bottleneck.

Yes, the net physics is really good in fifa 09. Since fifa 10, the ball just rolls down to the ground unrealistically and it takes away so much from scoring a real screamer ;c

Something concerns me about the way the ball looks in these videos. It "feels" too floatyand too assisted. I don't have a sense of freedom with it. There's a significant difference in the mo-cap clips vs the translation into the in-game. I think the initial velocity of the strikes have got to be more pronounced. Whether the ball swerves afterwards or not, it can't be done without some initial velocity from the force of the kick. At the moment, it looks more liked a balloon deflating out of orbit, than proper football flight. Just my thoughts.

I hope the free kick system limits the controller's choices with regards to what the player can do. I mean, if we use Bale or Ronaldo for example, he's not gonna curl the free kick ever, it will be smashed in. Where as if you use a Beckham or Kaka, they won't smash the free kick or use the outside of their boot, they'd curve it inside almost every time...

But knowing how contorllers want freedom in this game and from that video, i guess all options are available for the controller which would be a little sad as it takes away from the sim part of the game. (Yes, i know they can do it if they wanted to, but the point is, many players have a style for their free kick and they rarely change styles ever)

Diff from a Penalty Kick, where diff players like to try different approaches in the strength, curl, or dinking the ball...so this freedom would be great!

Does anyone know, how that marker you set on corners will work in local multiplayer? That's the only mode I play (apart from career). It will be pretty easy to defend, if you can see the marker...

So that explains why people were so confused about Penalty's at E3 then. I think it's cool and gives you more control & customization over your set pieces and Penalties.

Also kit physics looked great, still not sure about the nets, it's like they were mindful not to show you much of the net physics at all.

Cloth physics look ace. Not sure nightlighting but day looks great. To hell with faces lol.

On the set pieces it's nice that they give you that freedom as long as it's not exploitable and ties back to the players free kick ability. I hate that select player Konami introduced because of how it imbalances the game online. Guys inevitably find sweet spots and exploit

Does anyone know, how that marker you set on corners will work in local multiplayer? That's the only mode I play (apart from career). It will be pretty easy to defend, if you can see the marker...

I think the marker won't exist in local multiplayer, just like the penalty kicks marker

still dont like this "you can place the ball wherever u want during freekicks" thing, so arcade its like PES shot on goal freekick system with the dotted lines. also makes it weird to play on couch with friends, they can see where i go for wtf?

I think the marker won't exist in local multiplayer, just like the penalty kicks marker
still dont like this "you can place the ball wherever u want during freekicks" thing, so arcade its like PES shot on goal freekick system with the dotted lines. also makes it weird to play on couch with friends, they can see where i go for wtf?
Yeah, I hope I'm wrong but I imagine their attitude to couch co-op is "you can't take the new set pieces without seeing the marker and placing the ball, so there's nothing we can do about it for you guys, sorry"...

...i.e. "we can't monetise couch co-op beyond you buying a copy of the game, and only one of you buys a copy if you play together at someone's house anyway, so we're not going to think about you guys - if you want to play together properly, buy your own console and your own copy, play online and we'll have more money - try playing Ultimate Team too, while you're there, and if you need better players, buy some packs, and we'll have more money".

Isn't this so typical of EA? They fiddle around with penalties and free kicks, but fixing the hyper-agile players or putting proper tactics in the game — that's a no-no.

Back
Top Bottom