FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Fifa15 had handball problem and they never fixed that so that migth be true.

I am ignoring all those fifa16 gameplay videos posted by users because from my experience fifa gameplay vs human or vs cpu mostly depends on the player; if you play run&gun the game will be run and gun. I like to play slower and realistic buildup and cpu plays like that too. If i switch to turbo run mode, the game becomes end to end running fest.
I expect only small tweaks to gameplay with few new animations, just like in every new fifa.

The Career Mode itself is not that bad. They improved it from last year. Increased squad size and apparently removed "scripted" transfers. It's just the whole tactics and the idea behind the actual gameplay that will be the same from last year.

I have one question if anyone knows. Will the CPU A.I simulate training as well or will they grow like they use to back in FIFA 15?

FIFA's career mode is pathetic. I've been playing Madden for the first time in a decade or so, and FIFA's career mode is so shallow in comparison.

The fact alone that Ultimate Team, as basic a system as it is, has a chemistry system in place that recognizes the reality that you can't just throw 11 random players together and expect them to play optimally, while career mode lacks any type of feature, is shocking.

There's very, very little in CM that adds to the long term experience in any meaningful way, or does anything to actually make you feel like you're managing a football squad.

FIFA's career mode is pathetic. I've been playing Madden for the first time in a decade or so, and FIFA's career mode is so shallow in comparison.

The fact alone that Ultimate Team, as basic a system as it is, has a chemistry system in place that recognizes the reality that you can't just throw 11 random players together and expect them to play optimally, while career mode lacks any type of feature, is shocking.

There's very, very little in CM that adds to the long term experience in any meaningful way, or does anything to actually make you feel like you're managing a football squad.

Well you have to keep the mindset of FIFA career mode players like me who barely gets the mode updated so any changes is appreciated by myself. It's beyond comparison with Madden or NBA 2k and one can only wish we had a career mode similarly to Football Manager. I just wish 2K Sports comes with a football game.

Hahaha at the start he said, "Test out your tactics on pre-season tournaments.". Pretty sure they were being sarcastic since tactics don't work.

Lol I also noticed that. I thought the emphasis was because they finally put some code in those tactics.
I'll say it again, I think tactics are enmpty shells with no code in their methods!

Lol I also noticed that. I thought the emphasis was because they finally put some code in those tactics.
I'll say it again, I think tactics are enmpty shells with no code in their methods!

The most frustrating thing is they worked pretty fine on FIFA 14. Why did they remove all the functionality in FIFA 15 and possibly FIFA 16 is the question? And why have it displaying if it's not going to work? In FIFA 15 I fiddled with tactics for around 20 hours later to find out they are just placebo which later made me stop playing it. (Un)Surprisingly on that Career Mode video, someone commented saying how the tactics have no effect and got around 200 upvotes.

Well you have to keep the mindset of FIFA career mode players like me who barely gets the mode updated so any changes is appreciated by myself. It's beyond comparison with Madden or NBA 2k and one can only wish we had a career mode similarly to Football Manager. I just wish 2K Sports comes with a football game.

:WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

NBA2k16 Edit mode is awesome!

The most frustrating thing is they worked pretty fine on FIFA 14. Why did they remove all the functionality in FIFA 15 and possibly FIFA 16 is the question? And why have it displaying if it's not going to work? In FIFA 15 I fiddled with tactics for around 20 hours later to find out they are just placebo which later made me stop playing it. (Un)Surprisingly on that Career Mode video, someone commented saying how the tactics have no effect and got around 200 upvotes.

They put them there purely for marketing reasons... the player instructions looked too good to be true even in FIFA 15.. I actually doubt player growth from training will work as advertised. Mark my words!

They put them there purely for marketing reasons... the player instructions looked too good to be true even in FIFA 15.. I actually doubt player growth from training will work as advertised. Mark my words!

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work. FIFA have one of the most crappiest programmers based on how popular of a company they are.

Not really one for this thread, but it'll never make financial sense for another development house to make a football game as long as FIFA has a monopoly on the rights.

So we won't get one.

FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

licence is not the be all?

It's not but it will always attract the majority of consumers and outsell the game with 'fake' kits etc.

It's difficult for Konami or anyone else for that matter, to compete with the monster that is FIFA now.

I spoke to my cousin who lives in Australia now for the first time in nearly a decade on Sunday. He is an avid football gamer and grew up buying every PES title with me. It was our favourite time of year - the PES release date. But he informed me that he hasn't bought PES since PES 2008 and won't ever buy it again. He buys FIFA every year now simply because it's 'easier' not having to mess around with option files and knowing that we will always get a much better online service from EA's game than Konami's - he just doesn't trust PES anymore.

It's sad but it's how the football gaming scene is for many now. Look at all the people here, at Evo Web, who have converted from PES to FIFA now and won't go back.

Last edited:

Part of me wishes they fire most of their current EA employees and bring the ones from the FIFA 08-09 days. Now they are such a big corporation that they don't care about anything except money and business. I doubt if they even invest on technology or better staff.

Part of me wishes they fire most of their current EA employees and bring the ones from the FIFA 08-09 days. Now they are such a big corporation that they don't care about anything except money and business. I doubt if they even invest on technology or better staff.

I think they're afraid of changing a 'winning formula' too much. The game sells a shit load of copies year in, year out - I think that EA don't want to lose their current customer base by changing the game too much which in my opinion is fair, as FIFA 14 was superb. I didn't enjoy FIFA 15 though I must say.

There's far more to football than basketball too, in my opinion. It's more complicated to program for, surely?

Above poster is right. They will not stray away from a winning formula. Fifa is successful. Extremely so. Why would you change so much if it keeps selling?

I'm carefully optimistic for Fifa 16 but I have a feeling it won't be everything I and others here want it to be.

End of the day, you have to look at it like this. You have two games every year that cater to the most popular sport in the world. You pick one and learn to love it because there are not many other options.

I disagree with anyone that says Fifa is so bad that you stop playing it after a few months. Yes it might become stale and frustrating, but Fifa has enough in it to last until next summer for sure.

I think people who want Fifa to emulate the game in such a realistic manner will be disappointed. I have realised that the enjoyment I get out of Fifa, is beating it on the highest difficulty. And once you do that, thank god for sliders so you can even make it harder. It is strangely satisfying. It's like Pro Evo back in the day where you played Mster League with a bunch of nobodies and beat a premiership side. Such hard work, the goal might of been boring and the build up play might of been repeitive, but it feels extremely satisfying. I feel if people adopt this attitude towards Fifa, they will be more satisfied.

Anyone who has the BETA....

How do you DM hold their positions?

For me this was a big reason why the game was so end to end last year. Aside from everything else, just a minor tweak for them to actually cover the defence would slow down the speed of attacks considerably.

As it stands you just ping a pass straight into the strikers feet when you get the ball in defence, as the DMs have bombed forward to join the attack regardless of instruction or work rates.

What do you like in FIFA 08-09 not present in FIFA 15?

I guess it was slower, but still felt very limited and characteristic of older FIFA games. On rails, predictable goals patterns, and over reliance on physicality.

FIFA 15 isnt great but I strongly believe it's the most evolved football game in terms of mechanics. People have rose tinted specs for older football games, they were much less simulation orientated than people remember. For me there's nothing in the old PES or FIFA games missing in the latest one, whether that's enough in terms of where it should be in 2015 is debatable, but the level of freedom and individuality it's a good a football game as there's ever been.

So....

- Will the camera zoom and height sliders work this year?

- Are handballs gonna be enabled or just a cosmetic option like last year?

- On be a pro are we gonna be able to play in the world cup?

- Is the CPU AI gonna still consist of running around like headless chickens with short unecessaery passes and never shooting?

- Is the back four gonna drop back regardless of tactics and stand there like a line of trees?

- Are they gonna fix the scripting specially with the tactical defending teammate press mechanism?

I'm gonna buy it anyways because I love the game of football, But we as fans are losing our patience with the total exploitation and monopoly the EA has over it.

Balances out the boring comment that we see every three months that 2k would make a great football game because they apparently make a great NBA game.

No company is gonna make a football game that is magically going to be better than FIFA. No 2k not konami not anyone... people don't realise how complex football as a game is in real life.... never mind in a game. Basketball is very basic in aa a game. 2k will not make a better footy game just coz their basketball is better! If they could they would have made it already. Even during ps2 days.

So....

- Will the camera zoom and height sliders work this year?

- Are handballs gonna be enabled or just a cosmetic option like last year?

- On be a pro are we gonna be able to play in the world cup?

- Is the CPU AI gonna still consist of running around like headless chickens with short unecessaery passes and never shooting?

- Is the back four gonna drop back regardless of tactics and stand there like a line of trees?

- Are they gonna fix the scripting specially with the tactical defending teammate press mechanism?

I'm gonna buy it anyways because I love the game of football, But we as fans are losing our patience with the total exploitation and monopoly the EA has over it.

What is scripting? Just because a game is broken does not mean its scripted. I personaly don't think there is such a thing. You can script a sequence of events but not something as dynamic as a football game.

Back
Top Bottom