FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Finally tried the PES demo on my PS4 last night, ouch, I feel so sorry for fans of the franchise, don't think I'll hold out for the PC version anymore because I was shocked how fugly the PS4 version was and we know the PC version will be a lesser version visually :(

EA please don't let me down with Fifa16!!!! 4/5 more days to the demo right?

Finally tried the PES demo on my PS4 last night, ouch, I feel so sorry for fans of the franchise, don't think I'll hold out for the PC version anymore because I was shocked how fugly the PS4 version was and we know the PC version will be a lesser version visually :(

It's a sorry excuse for a game. How people prefer that over FIFA is beyond me. I can only accept PES as a free downloadable game I can not pay R100 for it.

At this point I think Konami should just stop selling PES and work on developing it for at least 3 years. And come back and provide it for free and see how that goes.

I havent played pes for 5 years since I switched to fifa but I am glad it exists because then ea would have a monopoly and that is never a good thing.

Fifa16 demo is out on Tuesday so than means no more fifa15 for me.

It's shocking how good Phantom Pain is and then we have PES which still feels and looks like a last gen game.

I just don't get it - probably the Kojima factor?

Very harsh criticisms of PES.

For a start, you can't tell me that the faces are better in FIFA than they are in PES. They use the face-scanning technology brilliantly in comparison, which according to Konami is because they make the players visit Konami as opposed to using a mobile kit, and the guys who aren't face-scanned still look better in most cases. While the animation might take you out of the immersion, the close-ups when you score and/or there's a cut-scene certainly don't (whereas I think they do in FIFA).

As for the game itself - if you're actually semi-interested (and not just looking for an excuse to troll), play a game on -1 speed, superstar difficulty, as Juve vs Bayern and then Bayern vs Juve.

Watch how Juve rely on counter-attacks and how Bayern play keep-ball. There's a real and obvious tactical difference, and playing in different ways for both matches yields results.

After playing three games on the PES demo, I wasn't impressed at all - I still feel it's too ping-pongy overall. But it does things FIFA doesn't do, and it does them really well. I feel more in control of FIFA (and it's why I always come back to it), but the AI in PES is delicious in comparison, and I mostly play against the CPU (although it's also better to play online seeing as it's slower and far less "exploity").

I'm honestly in a 50/50 camp at the moment - I like the feeling of control in FIFA, but I love the AI in PES. I love the career mode in FIFA (even though it has lots to do), but I like the online game in PES (if they can eliminate the lag).

I'm all about realism (on the pitch), and the noises EA have made about FIFA have been a dream (for me) this year, talking about improved defending and the elimination of ping-pong passing. But that career mode review has really soured my enthusiasm (and I wouldn't be worried if it wasn't a guy who is clearly observing the game mechanics in the detail that I would).

I'm not sure what game people of tried but PES is impressive this year, first time I've ever pre ordered over FIFA. It might not have the bells and whistles but the game play is light years ahead of FIFA 15. Only thing lacking in the demo is AI fouls and some red tweaking. FIFA 16 may change my mind though

Also, I think we might need a FIFA vs PES thread again before it gets wildly off-topic in here...

For a start, you can't tell me that the faces are better in FIFA than they are in PES.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how good the face scanning is when the lighting, hair (WTF does Willian have on his head???), animations, textures are just so bad, only way I knew I was playing a PS4 game was because I had to get the PS4 out of the basement to download the demo.

Edit: I'll add I was trying the demo purely to judge it on a visual level which is why I only made reference to the visuals.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what game people of tried but PES is impressive this year, first time I've ever pre ordered over FIFA. It might not have the bells and whistles but the game play is light years ahead of FIFA 15. Only thing lacking in the demo is AI fouls and some red tweaking. FIFA 16 may change my mind though

I suppose its a matter of preferance.
PES does nothing for me... the last time I was was wowed by it was PES 5. It hasnt moved forward much since than for me.
I'm just a consumer.. I benefit nothing from preferring one game over the other - other than my own enjoyment, therefore I buy based on which game closely resembles football, authenticity & realism for me, in this case its FIFA.

Chris I am not trolling. Why is all the time anyone anyone critises PES its written off as a trol but if you critisise FIFA its accepted as gospel?

No company is gonna make a football game that is magically going to be better than FIFA. No 2k not konami not anyone... people don't realise how complex football as a game is in real life.... never mind in a game. Basketball is very basic in aa a game. 2k will not make a better footy game just coz their basketball is better! If they could they would have made it already. Even during ps2 days.

2K made a baseball game, and it sucked....big time.
Very unfinished, big gameplay problems. It had potential but they messed it up each year until finally they stopped the series.

They do a very good job with the 2K series, but that's no guarantee that you will be sucessfull with another sports title.
I fully agree with you : i don't think anyone will start making a football game.
So, we are stuck with Pes and Fifa, which is fine with me.
Let's just hope they keep developping / improving the games.

Also, I think we might need a FIFA vs PES thread again before it gets wildly off-topic in here...

Lol Chris.
I guess its inevitable that the 2 games will be compared coz they are the only 2 games on offer.
Just like one tends to compare his girlfriend to an ex and is in most cases not very happy with the current gf (FIFA) & misses the old gf (PES 5)

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how good the face scanning is when the lighting, hair (WTF does Willian have on his head???), animations, textures are just so bad, only way I knew I was playing a PS4 game was because I had to get the PS4 out of the basement to download the demo.

Edit: I'll add I was trying the demo purely to judge it on a visual level which is why I only made reference to the visuals.

Are kidding???:SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK: All the time you wrote the same BS about Pes. Bad animations in Pes 2016? Lighting? Animations, lighting, player models,physcics in Pes 2016 looks better right now than FIFA. HAVOK physics looks great in Pes 2016 and much better than Fifa's engine.

Last edited:

Please Guys, its already been said,if You want to compare FIFA/PES please open a new thread specifically for that purpose.

The worst thing about FIFA lately for me has been how great the demos are. 13/14/15 had wonderful demos - I immediately did the extenders and couldn't wait for day 0 purchase.

But then I'd start a CM and it would all come crashing down.

From what people are saying, it'l be the same this year. Just be a test of resolve to see if I give in I guess!

Anyone who has the BETA....

How do you DM hold their positions?

For me this was a big reason why the game was so end to end last year. Aside from everything else, just a minor tweak for them to actually cover the defence would slow down the speed of attacks considerably.

As it stands you just ping a pass straight into the strikers feet when you get the ball in defence, as the DMs have bombed forward to join the attack regardless of instruction or work rates.

What do you like in FIFA 08-09 not present in FIFA 15?

I guess it was slower, but still felt very limited and characteristic of older FIFA games. On rails, predictable goals patterns, and over reliance on physicality.

FIFA 15 isnt great but I strongly believe it's the most evolved football game in terms of mechanics. People have rose tinted specs for older football games, they were much less simulation orientated than people remember. For me there's nothing in the old PES or FIFA games missing in the latest one, whether that's enough in terms of where it should be in 2015 is debatable, but the level of freedom and individuality it's a good a football game as there's ever been.

The Career Mode back then. The stats actually mattered back then because now I scored 30 goals with a 65 rated striker and I don't notice much difference between him and Aguero whereas I remember back then I needed to have good players to win against a good team. And the CPU A.I was much better as they were varied on build up play and attacking based on teams and had chemistry system. The mechanism is obviously better nowadays but the gameplay elements was way better in previous FIFA 08-09 especially in career mode.

Personally I have higher than normal hopes for both games this year.

FIFA I think will be pretty solid if not great since they've put pretty much all their attention into fixing the main issues that made this past year pretty shitty, namely the defending and AI. I'm sure it won't be perfect but I'm optimistic.

PES I think could be really good too but it's definitely a game, at least coming from mostly playing FIFA, you have to give at least a week's chance for it to grow on you since the first impression can be pretty rough. But they gotta fix the near total lack of CPU fouls and tweak the shooting, and better include option files, or else I don't know if it'll last long.

For me, my biggest concern is with FIFA's CM and PES's ML. Neither single player mode is particularly impressive right now. I don't know what PES has added this year, but CM is a disappointingly shallow experience and though it's awesome that they've finally (RE-)added player training, for me they still aren't doing enough with CM to excite.

Last edited:

Sometimes it really does make me doubt they even test career mode when you start a new career and see a couple of big transfers or retirement announcements in the first 2 weeks. Then speak to a friend and it turns out they had the exact same experience. usually things like Rooney to Bayer and man united sign NO replacement.

Ots depressing just how little fucks they truly give

What is scripting? Just because a game is broken does not mean its scripted. I personaly don't think there is such a thing. You can script a sequence of events but not something as dynamic as a football game.

I was referring to the instances where you tackle a player then the ball rebounds to his teammate ...4 TIMES IN A ROW

Or when A midget out jumps Pique to score a header or Crouch beating Bale in a foot race coz the game said so.

So....

- Will the camera zoom and height sliders work this year?

- Are handballs gonna be enabled or just a cosmetic option like last year?

- On be a pro are we gonna be able to play in the world cup?

- Is the CPU AI gonna still consist of running around like headless chickens with short unecessaery passes and never shooting?

- Is the back four gonna drop back regardless of tactics and stand there like a line of trees?

- Are they gonna fix the scripting specially with the tactical defending teammate press mechanism?

I'm gonna buy it anyways because I love the game of football, But we as fans are losing our patience with the total exploitation and monopoly the EA has over it.

So no answers for the other points I guess eh?

Last edited:

I still hope they don't have ultra accurate sliding tackle. sometime they do sliding more than standing tackle, and the success rate (probably) better than standing. Even the striker can slide and gets the ball easily. They run full speed and slide, and even if I saw it, there's nothing I can do. most of the time my player will see to stuck/unresponsive to move. faak

It's a sorry excuse for a game. How people prefer that over FIFA is beyond me. I can only accept PES as a free downloadable game I can not pay R100 for it.

At this point I think Konami should just stop selling PES and work on developing it for at least 3 years. And come back and provide it for free and see how that goes.

Obviously that is your opinion, but I find it extreme. It might not have the best finish overall as a gaming product, but football-gaming wise for me it translates much better. People take what they want from a game and for me football reasons count more than visuals and that's why I choose PES. Both aren't even close to properly and fully representing football, but for me, PES represents the fundamentals of football much better than Fifa.

Obviously that is your opinion, but I find it extreme. It might not have the best finish overall as a gaming product, but football-gaming wise for me it translates much better. People take what they want from a game and for me football reasons count more than visuals and that's why I choose PES. Both aren't even close to properly and fully representing football, but for me, PES represents the fundamentals of football much better than Fifa.

Please Guys, its already been said,if You want to compare FIFA/PES please open a new thread specifically for that purpose.

Naughty Lami ;)

Well I couldn't resist... Sorry superleeds1!

I couldn't resist teasing you ;)

I'm sure both games will keep everyone happy in some form or another so that's all that matters, and who will care about football after November 11th when we're all attacking Super Mutants? ;)

No problem Placebo,not much longer now,something to lift the gloom as the weather such as its been just deteriorates into winter. :shiver:

I have noticed both threads is filled up with negativity. Although some of the points there is true. Let's hope (fingercross) that there is something in one of those games to keep my moods up.

I think both games must be viewed as improving.Depends if You have a glass half full or a glass half empty viewpoint.
FIFA game play needs to improve or revert to 2014 type.
PES,new commentary,more responsive,ML overhaul etc.

Sorry for the off topic Lami & Placebo. :LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom