FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I think both games must be viewed as improving.Depends if You have a glass half full or a glass half empty viewpoint.
FIFA game play needs to improve or revert to 2014 type.
PES,new commentary,more responsive,ML overhaul etc.

Sorry for the off topic Lami & Placebo. :LMAO:

More responsive than PES 2016?

PES 2016 response times are great we can't beat it with that stick anymore.

The demo lacks in other places though but that's for another thread.

I am looking forward to the FIFA 16 demo but not holding my breath. If it's anything like FIFA 15, which is a big stinking turd, then I am not bothering with either this year. But from the Chelsea v Barca video I watched, this looks decent.

There are many videos at YT now, and many too come later this evening.
All matches i saw are played at night. Looking very good lighting, but i really dont like gray goalposts and goalnet.

New video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2yfYok6eUY

Crosses and headers seem very overpowered from this video. There's a couple more on that channel.

One goal, by Ronaldo no less, equals over-powered?

The game looks better than last year to me. Last year you would've seen Barca & Madrid wingers getting a dozen or so one-on-ones with keeper, and defenders falling all over the place. Still very end-to-end, but that could be just down to how the players are playing.

FIFA never looks good in these gameplay vids but it's clear they've re-balanced the game in a beneficial way. Right now we just need to play the damn thing.

Last edited:

No midfield play. Disappointing but then it's EA. They never keep their promises. On a better note, the ball physics and the shooting looks great and the heading too. They really need to tone down the speed and have more midfield involved and more build up play. I don't like to see counter attack end to end ping pong all the time. Also no first touch error, no long pass error, no short pass error, no crossing error, no through pass error. Seems like EA hardcoded the stats this year to all the players as 99. No form of individuality at all except faces, skin color and body shape(probably).

Last edited:

Ah yeah cos Suarez didn't score two headers, towering above Pepe and Ramos.

Man Utd against Man City video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcF82mWrMFI

First goal, short corner, cross into the box, header, goal.

Another video, Galatasaray against Fenerbahce. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3T_PjrWAQ

I'll let you watch to find out the first goal method.

My bad, I'm an idiot - I didn't realize there was a commercial in the video; thought it was over!

My bad, I'm an idiot - I didn't realize there was a commercial in the video; thought it was over!

No problem! Not saying it's a massive problem but from the videos on that channel seems a bit overpowered and players online will use any method to have success.

No midfield play. Disappointing but then it's EA. They never keep their promises.

Seriously? That Man Utd - Man City game, much of the match takes place in the middle of the pitch.

It's not the game's fault when the players playing the game have no interest in retaining possession and are trying to bypass the midfield. But in the Manchester derby match, you can see how quickly the ball goes back n forth between the two teams because neither player is making smart passing choices.

You aren't going to see midfield play if, you know, people aren't interested in playing with their midfield!

Seriously? That Man Utd - Man City game, much of the match takes place in the middle of the pitch.

It's not the game's fault when the players playing the game have no interest in retaining possession and are trying to bypass the midfield. But in the Manchester derby match, you can see how quickly the ball goes back n forth between the two teams because neither player is making smart passing choices.

You aren't going to see midfield play if, you know, people aren't interested in playing with their midfield!

There is no reward on building up when you know you can just keep passing the ball from one end to another end and having the midfield open and not intercepting it.

Looks good! The players are numpties and play it like your typical FIFA kid though.

Lighting is gorgeous. Excited for demo now!

There is no reward on building up when you know you can just keep passing the ball from one end to another end and having the midfield open and not intercepting it.

That's very true but until we get our hands on the game we won't know for sure how rewarding midfield play is. There's a lot of very poor defending going on in these online vids which might be skewing impressions.

Wing play and crossing look problematic from an OP point of view but defending has certainly improved and you can tell that a lot of bullshit that used to work isn't as effective now. And until we see someone play with a more possession game, we don't know how effective midfield play can be.

The real test, at least for me, is how important/advantageous midfield play is in single player matches, which we haven't seen any vidoe of. We're never going to get a football game, from either developer, that prioritizes midfield buildup over counter-attacking play for multiplayer matches because that's simply not what the market wants.

The best hope for those of us who aren't interested in endless counter-attacking matches is, and always will be, in single player.

That's very true but until we get our hands on the game we won't know for sure how rewarding midfield play is. There's a lot of very poor defending going on in these online vids which might be skewing impressions.

Wing play and crossing look problematic from an OP point of view but defending has certainly improved and you can tell that a lot of bullshit that used to work isn't as effective now. And until we see someone play with a more possession game, we don't know how effective midfield play can be.

The real test, at least for me, is how important/advantageous midfield play is in single player matches, which we haven't seen any vidoe of. We're never going to get a football game, from either developer, that prioritizes midfield buildup over counter-attacking play for multiplayer matches because that's simply not what the market wants.

The best hope for those of us who aren't interested in endless counter-attacking matches is, and always will be, in single player.

True. Hopefully with the power of sliders and gameplay patches, we can have a true football match where build up play and midfield play is much more important than pinging the ball from back to front.

Watching the 2 German team video the quick pinpoint passing is so frustrating to watch ..keepers throws it it out tap tap tap chance on goal, there's just no sense of achievement ...need a manual video...the international one looked a bit better

Last edited:

- Ball physichs seems greatly improved, ball seems heavy. Maybe its because the 60fps video but I hope it feels as it seems :)

- Player models seem OK in close up shots, but I don't know if it's because the animation system, look still unnatural most of the time :(

In that Germany-Brazil woman match, I saw AI player (winger) knock the ball forward 20m for a run and a cross. I never saw that before in FIFA by AI.

Last edited:

I have zero interest playing as the women, and I'm still kinda annoyed that EA devoted resources to adding them to the game, but I'll be damn if the women's gameplay doesn't look better than the men's.

I have zero interest playing as the women, and I'm still kinda annoyed that EA devoted resources to adding them to the game, but I'll be damn if the women's gameplay doesn't look better than the men's.

I was about to say that. The women plays more in a natural and realistic way where they make errors and it's hard for them to ping the ball from one end to another allowing them to build up slowly. Hopefully gameplay modders could apply women's gameplay into men's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fid4ih-FTuU

Lighting looks great. Much much better than 15.
PS: Great game speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLJejj5dF3g

Germany - Brazil women gameplay. And you can see AI here.

These don't look bad at all.

That's not nice. There are 100 millions of women interested in football and a decent number of them would want to try football gaming with female players; not to mention men who'd want to try that too.

That's not nice. There are 100 millions of women interested in football and a decent number of them would want to try football gaming with female players; not to mention men who'd want to try that too.

Maybe, maybe not. Yeah, women's football has become pretty popular but I have my doubts as to how much this would translate to video games. We know that statistically boys dominate console video games, and then how much of a percentage of those gamer girls are into football do you think? And I can't imagine a whole bunch of women who aren't already gamers are going to buy a console just cause there's now women in FIFA.

And sure, guys are going to try it - I sure will - but what's the lasting appeal? Does anyone see them adding leagues? A women's FUT? I'd be shocked if they do. I mean, after a few games, how many guys aren't just going to go back to their normal preferred modes.

I get that this isn't the politically correct position, and I'd be absolutely fine with being proven wrong - I'd love to see EA's internal data for how many women games get played over the year - but I remain disappointed that resources were devoted to this while traditional modes like CM (or Clubs) progress at a glacial pace.

it looks easy to bypass midfield still, however defenders seem more effective in their third

things like game pace, running speed, turning speed (this one looks slowed down quite a lot), shot variety etc all look great.

ps4 demo only 3 (4?) days away :DD

Back
Top Bottom