FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Fired my CM up again after a break of around 1 week.
Vanilla sliders, professional, not manual.

What I definitely can say is, that I DON´T feel that every team I play against, plays the same. Not at all.
At least not with these settings.
CPU does long ball passes to his wingers when they have space, does crosses from the wings, tries going through the center and also shoots from outside the box.
And this varies from match to match.

The most enjoyable matches are the EL ones.
These tend to get quite exciting and challenging.

I´m in the semi finals now against Valencia and in the first match Valencia was leading 1:0, but one of my players scored the equalizer out of the box, hit the inner side of the cross bar and the ball fell on the ground closely behind the line.
The goal cam came up then...really a nice feature.

Made it to 2:1 as the CPU pulled and pushed my striker in the box and when he fell, the ref called a penalty.
I felt quite lucky as Valencia really had many shots on my goal, but my keeper was in a good mood.
I´m excited about the rematch.

The Euro League games (thx to the moddingway patch, the atmosphere is there with all the logos and scoreboards) are the most fun part in this.

I feel that the Bundesliga matches get too easy now though, even there are matches I lose.
But they get too rare now, so I guess I´m gonna set it to a higher difficulty.

Somehow I didn´t have no injuries for a long time.
Could be a coincidence, but I hope they didn´t put them down with any patch.

Hi there
Glad to know that you're having fun...
Which mod are you using besides MW?
And what about Fifa version?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi.
Besides MW I'm using the REV CAM TOOL.
Set it to Zoom Nr 2 and chose the dynamic cam ingame which is zoomed out more and looks great.

The FIFA version is the latest as my game is set to auto update.

guys i don t want to be trolling or anything, but i have to say this
after playing both fifa and pes 2016 on ps4 i can say that PES is the game to play and not fifa, i hoped into a pes game after playing with my cousin a couple of fifa games, and boy the difference in gameplay is astonishing, the whole feel of playing a simulation football game, PES shines is probably every department except 1 department which is the amount of stadiums available in fifa,maybe pitch graphics aswell, but in gameplay its night and day the difference, anyway please don t take this harshly but i had to say my opinion being a football videogamer for 20 years now, since fifa 96.

guys i don t want to be trolling or anything, but i have to say this
after playing both fifa and pes 2016 on ps4 i can say that PES is the game to play and not fifa, i hoped into a pes game after playing with my cousin a couple of fifa games, and boy the difference in gameplay is astonishing, the whole feel of playing a simulation football game, PES shines is probably every department except 1 department which is the amount of stadiums available in fifa,maybe pitch graphics aswell, but in gameplay its night and day the difference, anyway please don t take this harshly but i had to say my opinion being a football videogamer for 20 years now, since fifa 96.

sorry dude strongly disagree as much of a pes fan that i am, it plays like an arcade game, reason i say that cos u can do whatever u like with which ever player you like, you can shoot pass and dribble with anyone, catering more for the casual and manual crowds, im hoping they fix all that in pes 17 and the game is also too responsive, where all players turn on the dime, that to me is not football. fifa aint perfect but the flow of the game plays more better than pes, but thats just my opinion cheers.

sorry dude strongly disagree as much of a pes fan that i am, it plays like an arcade game, reason i say that cos u can do whatever u like with which ever player you like, you can shoot pass and dribble with anyone, catering more for the casual and manual crowds, im hoping they fix all that in pes 17 and the game is also too responsive, where all players turn on the dime, that to me is not football. fifa aint perfect but the flow of the game plays more better than pes, but thats just my opinion cheers.

+1

After playing fifa for 3 weeks now, I can say, that I'm with you.
PES is unfortunately behind in almost every aspect. Never gave FIFA a real go since pes6 and you know what, fifa16 is really enjoyable for me, the most enjoyable football game since pes6. Playing full manual on professional gives currently decent challenge, really like full manual, seems to be stats influenced and slightly assisted. I can reach passing accuracy 85% easily.

The gameplay is so shallow and basic in pes it's unbelievable.
CPU AI: terrible, Referee AI: terrible, Keepers: terrible, AI gameplay variety and shooting variety terrible. This all combined with very bad attitude of developers and community "experts".

None of the gameplay concernes were addressed, transfers done with months of delay, complete waste of licenses (CL, UEFA EC 2016) and the list goes on and on..

Same here.

Been playing FIFA for months now and I´m totally enjoying it.

Since I´m following the PES thread, I often feel like firing it up again.
But then I ask myself...why?
I´m having fun with FIFA 16.

And I know that after the first CPU low shot in the corner with the keeper doing the same falling animation over and over again, I´m gonna switch it off immediately.

And I know that after the first CPU low shot in the corner with the keeper doing the same falling animation over and over again, I´m gonna switch it off immediately.

yeah im the same, it plays ok until you see one of the above, a crippling foul that is totally ignored by the ref or one of your players just switches off and lets the AI win the ball..these are the glaring issues that i see once and turn it off. I really cant see how people can overlook them but each to their own .

yeah im the same, it plays ok until you see one of the above, a crippling foul that is totally ignored by the ref or one of your players just switches off and lets the AI win the ball..these are the glaring issues that i see once and turn it off. I really cant see how people can overlook them but each to their own .
It's the same for both games though, they both have glaring faults. It's not as easy as "this game is less broken".

I see those faults, turn off PES, put in FIFA, and I play against a lower league team who finish with 90% passing accuracy at the end of the game.

You can't call one worse than the other - it's just that one might annoy you less personally.

To me, after much back-and-forth, it's just as annoying for the referee to ignore the CPU breaking my players' legs as it is watching Burnley turn into Barcelona (it's the perfect defensive line that annoys me the most, the lack of defensive mistakes).

Neither game is perfect. I've said it before, but I think FIFA has the most potential. They just need to put some effort into the AI in regards to difficulty levels and a lot of my personal issues with the game would disappear.

well after going back and forth between both games since their release im currently sticking to FIFA and somewhat enjoying career mode with rotherham

after weeks of complaining about the difficulty and frustration on legendary mode and messing with sliders I finally left them with the default settings and got on with it now im finding the game TOO EASY?! the AI have maybe 4 shots a game sometimes 2 on average i dominate them and im not even a great player im semi decent

I wish they attacked more and put me under pressure im currently in my 2nd season sitting 7th in the prem after 10 games with 1 loss and only conceded 3 goals and my whole back 4 are 66-70 rated I miss that from FIFA 15 where the CPU would really go for your throat on 16 its like they want a draw and if they do take the lead they just defend like its a world cup final any idea how i can make them more attacking? im on PC so modding is not a problem

Wow. Watching some UFC 2 face editing and hoping that fifa 17 will include something similar. Won't happen. But anyway.

i dont think this is legit that saying u can turn with anyone, have u seen how in fifa u can turn in each player aswell, so i dont think what you said qualifies as legit but i respect ur opinion that u prefer it over PES.
for me PES shines from the player models first before speaking about how the game plays, at least, look at the goal kick, this is where pes has an edge years now, fifa it's like shooting a direct freekick, PES nails so many aspects, aswell as direct freekicks, corners etc... i cant understand how u cant mention these bad things in fifa...

Not that I want to compare pes and fifa as there's a thread for that but comparing goal kicks? Really? The issue with PES,despite having the better models, is that the fundamentals are miles off..shot variation, collision detection , keeper ability, referee decision making,AI fouls..these vital aspects are years behind fifa

I know this is the PS4 thread but the PS3 one is a bit quiet.

Decided to give this another go. I continued my QPR career but this time I notched it down to "Professional" with auto everything apart from manual shooting. I used vanilla sliders with normal speed and 8 minute halves.

Enjoyed it but a little easy, so I notched it up to "World Class". Then I started getting beaten pretty badly so I have gradually increased the CPU pass error and first touch error. I also notched up the sprint speed a little bit. At the moment I am quite happy with it. I am actually getting a bit of a buzz from scoring because it is not that easy.

I'm reading some say there is no individuality between players but on the PS3 there definitely is. Hoilett can get round players and ride challenges easier than Polter. And Grego-Cox is really improving every game, he scored a spectacular goal and is beginning to be a bit of a handful for any defence.

I'm pleased that I decided to eat my pride and stick with auto passing, individuality is still there, some pass better than others.

Also, does anybody know if Custom Team tactics work on this? I just discovered them, but I remember some saying that last year they were broken.

Not that I want to compare pes and fifa as there's a thread for that but comparing goal kicks? Really? The issue with PES,despite having the better models, is that the fundamentals are miles off..shot variation, collision detection , keeper ability, referee decision making,AI fouls..these vital aspects are years behind fifa
I agree on the collision detection its more varied but keeper aswell shouldnt be superhuman like in fifa. U can dribble and close down angles in 1 on 1 unrealistically in fifa. Its superhuman.

I don´t think there are issues with keepers in FIFA.
Also not that they are superhuman.
To me they are just right...mayyybeeee could be a bit better worked on stats wise.

The thing is that when I look at the pitch in FIFA, there is so much life...like it is in a real football match...not to mention the great atmosphere coming from the sound of the crowd.
And that´s because of all the little details that people count to the bells and whistles.

And if they wouldn´t have worked on the gameplay (last FIFA I played to death was FIFA 09 and it was meeeeh...quite scripted...no WOW moments like PES used to have) I wouldn´t play it.
The ball physics are just awesome...the ball feels so free and there is definitely that "anything can happen" feeling and no joke...After 6 months playing it I still see situations or goals I haven´t seen before.

Of course I see that most of the faces are quite ugly, I see that puppet-like animations (even the animations improved), I see that tactics are not working properly, that online gaming sucks (specially FUT which is really a pity), that the pace could be a tiny bit slower etc etc etc.

But I can live with these flaws as FIFA gave me back what I´ve missed in the last 2 - 3 PES releases and that is bumping my fist in the air when I scored and shouting out loud when I´ve missed.

Then I see PES though with that great player faces/models, that lifelike animations and it really makes me wanna like it...but it just doesn´t happen.
I really tried but the "mojo" is gone.
There, the flaws I see just weigh too much.

I don´t think there are issues with keepers in FIFA.
Also not that they are superhuman.
To me they are just right...mayyybeeee could be a bit better worked on stats wise.

The thing is that when I look at the pitch in FIFA, there is so much life...like it is in a real football match...not to mention the great atmosphere coming from the sound of the crowd.
And that´s because of all the little details that people count to the bells and whistles.

And if they wouldn´t have worked on the gameplay (last FIFA I played to death was FIFA 09 and it was meeeeh...quite scripted...no WOW moments like PES used to have) I wouldn´t play it.
The ball physics are just awesome...the ball feels so free and there is definitely that "anything can happen" feeling and no joke...After 6 months playing it I still see situations or goals I haven´t seen before.

Of course I see that most of the faces are quite ugly, I see that puppet-like animations (even the animations improved), I see that tactics are not working properly, that online gaming sucks (specially FUT which is really a pity), that the pace could be a tiny bit slower etc etc etc.

But I can live with these flaws as FIFA gave me back what I´ve missed in the last 2 - 3 PES releases and that is bumping my fist in the air when I scored and shouting out loud when I´ve missed.

Then I see PES though with that great player faces/models, that lifelike animations and it really makes me wanna like it...but it just doesn´t happen.
I really tried but the "mojo" is gone.
There, the flaws I see just weigh too much.

At the moment i agree with what you say. Especially about the anything can happen moments.
Hopefully i will feel the same in the next few weeks.

Ah man i might have to go back to 15 dont get me wrong 16 is a much better game overall but the lack of AI attacking is ruining it for me im Rotherham with a crap team on legendary and teams like chelsea have 2 shots a game it happens all the time its too easy

i fired up 15 started a quick career first game liverpool have 14 shots to my 5 i felt like my players were playing to their stats and it was tough really dont want to go back but i need a challenge

My only issue with goalies is that almost every single one regardless of how tall, strong or particularly skilled deals with crosses very effectively! All too often they successfully gather the ball in the middle of traffic, when in real life, many keepers are forced to punch them and occasionally make a mistake or two in dealing with those situations because it's not easy. In FIFA, every keeper is very adept at dealing with crosses and almost never fumbles a ball or makes a mess of it... when in real life those goals do happen even to the best keepers from time to time.

My only issue with goalies is that almost every single one regardless of how tall, strong or particularly skilled deals with crosses very effectively! All too often they successfully gather the ball in the middle of traffic, when in real life, many keepers are forced to punch them and occasionally make a mistake or two in dealing with those situations because it's not easy. In FIFA, every keeper is very adept at dealing with crosses and almost never fumbles a ball or makes a mess of it... when in real life those goals do happen even to the best keepers from time to time.
Yeah thats when i say superhuman especially with 1 on 1s u can close down space like a double manuel neur xd which is rediculous.
Fifa does well the whole match day atmosphere yes but this is the only thing for they toople pes in the only department, in other aspects pes has to me the most simulation life like things. As i said the goal kick feels like a goal kick, free kicks, corners, the gameplay, you have to play on space created by the opponent, u can directly see when messi is on the ball thats he s lightning fast super agile with the ball, luis suarez gives u the hint that he s the nb1 striker now. Neymar trickery and flair shows there is individuality if not for the bit overpowered shooting this game is a must i believe.

Last edited:
Ah man i might have to go back to 15 dont get me wrong 16 is a much better game overall but the lack of AI attacking is ruining it for me im Rotherham with a crap team on legendary and teams like chelsea have 2 shots a game it happens all the time its too easy

i fired up 15 started a quick career first game liverpool have 14 shots to my 5 i felt like my players were playing to their stats and it was tough really dont want to go back but i need a challenge
Strange as I find it well balanced, why not turn the AI slider run up if you want to be attacked more

Strange as I find it well balanced, why not turn the AI slider run up if you want to be attacked more

I will try thank thanks might set it around 75 to start as a test i hope it works theres no way i am that good i dominate games with the default rotherham team somethings not right i couldnt buy a win 6 months ago

I have no other major issues with game i have user and cpu gk sliders set to 50 and they are maybe a bit overpowered but they are beatable for sure

I just got Fifa and pretty much agree with the messages here, probably the best football game I've played since Pes 6 and arguably Pes 2013. The game feels like football with appropriate sliders and the moddingway mod just adds so much depth, with the UCL/EL and all other competitions. As also mentioned in this thread there are so many different situations possible and different ways to approach the game, different ways to score, pretty much several different match situations which makes us always experience new plays

I feel like they've nailed it somehow this year, individuality has improved a lot compared to previous years as now players each feel quite different and you could notice it from A.I as well. Overall it's a pretty satisfying game imo not even comparable to the garbage that was fifa 15

Last edited:
I hope you'll be able to respond to players that demands more playtime etc in cm for fifa 17. A little more in depth. I want to be able to explain to them what kind of style I want to use and how I'd use certain players for specific formations etc. Mata isn't the #1 choice for me on the wing when I'm managing united, he's too slow, and he complains about playtime. I want to be able to tell him that I'll mostly use him in a #10 role behind the cf's or something and that I want to keep him in my team for just that.

Hi guys and gals, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions before I go ahead and treat myself to a PS4.

For those that have played the PS3 and PS4 versions, is there much of a difference in gameplay?

Also, can custom tactics be assigned to each team and if so, do they actually work to make teams play differently and more realistically?

The reason I ask that is because on the PS3 version it does not work. For example if I change Tottenham's custom tactic and then go to change Arsenal's custom tactic, for some reason Arsenal's one becomes Tottenham's. If I then change Arsenal's one and then look at Tottenham's, their one then says Arsenal. Hope that makes sense.

I really want to make sure that my money is well spent, I only play footy games so just want to make sure it is worth upgrading or should I just wait until FIFA17 and PES2017 come out?

Thanks for any help :))

Back
Top Bottom