FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I just hope, that fifa developers wont listen to metacritic, especially user score..

it's a joke

In what way?

I don't know I usually hate Fifa and am hardcore Pes (especially 6 and 2013) but this is the best football game I have ever played. You get everything that you get in a real match on TV, so many different situations in every match constantly and much improved player individualism; For example I play Roma in career mode and Nainggolan, Pjanic or Dzeko and any other player feel like they should, A.I players have much more I.D than previous Fifa, and I feel much more rewarded when scoring goals as someone mentioned here (I play with Matt10 sliders on legendary) even considering I am playing a top team in the league, but I still feel satisfaction as you have to work for it.

Great game for me.

Just checked metacritic and I'm shocked. Probably all kids that can't stand a realistic simulation. We don't really need to worry as if they make more arcadey Fifas in the future we can always stay on Fifa 16 and there will be enough modders that will update it

Last edited:
I dream of an era where FIFA no longer allows assisted controls to be used in competitive matches. Would be beyond amazing.

In what way?

I don't know I usually hate Fifa and am hardcore Pes (especially 6 and 2013) but this is the best football game I have ever played. You get everything that you get in a real match on TV, so many different situations in every match constantly and much improved player individualism; For example I play Roma in career mode and Nainggolan, Pjanic or Dzeko and any other player feel like they should, A.I players have much more I.D than previous Fifa, and I feel much more rewarded when scoring goals as someone mentioned here (I play with Matt10 sliders on legendary) even considering I am playing a top team in the league, but I still feel satisfaction as you have to work for it.

Great game for me.

Just checked metacritic and I'm shocked. Probably all kids that can't stand a realistic simulation. We don't really need to worry as if they make more arcadey Fifas in the future we can always stay on Fifa 16 and there will be enough modders that will update it

I'm still a big PES5 fan so it's good to hear that you are saying this FIFA is the best. Playing it on the PS3 has opened my eyes a bit and I have enjoyed it. Just got my new PS4 today and FIFA looking forward to having a few games. Both came a day early too :APPLAUD:

I've just started a career in div 1 as Bradford. Random selection. I have slightly adjusted sliders. The game is superb. It has fouls, the AI is realistic, I've seen tap ins, long shots, shots blazed over the bar from 9 yards (by me and the ai) ..it's just really good still

Do you all play manual passing ? How is it to play assisted passing ? (is it like we9le, based on individuality/player stats)

Ok my last post was how im finding legendary too easy too defend so i have adjusted the AI to 60 marking to pressure me more on the ball and run slider to 75 and my GK to 35 only played friendly games so far but its much better AI is now having an average of 7 shots sometimes upto 13 or 14 if i use a weak team vs a strong CPU team

Also I noticed in creation master serie A teams and a few other non BPL sides are set to much more attacking in their tactics so i changed a few BPL sides to more adventurous tactics hopefully this works in career mode as good as the friendly games as i have had some superb matches and the AI scoring some beautiful goals

Still playing this either.
Won the EL finals, lost the Super Cup by a header from a corner of the CPU in the first half and went all out attack for the rest of the game but I just couldn´t make it.
Made it to 29 millions of transfer budget and am looking for some good players on the market.
The thing which is quite annoying is, when you made a deal with the club which the player is part of and have to bargain with the player afterwards.
Even you set salary and duration on his demands he keeps refusing, which costs time and nerves.
It only works when you give him like 20 - 30 K salary more.
That was annoying in FIFA 15 as well.
Not a big deal but that is somthing that could be worked on.

Do you all play manual passing ? How is it to play assisted passing ? (is it like we9le, based on individuality/player stats)

I have played on a mix of semi and manual after all manual in previous fifas..since my division one career mode I've gone back to full manual for the first time in 16 and it's great..stats matter for me as I've missed some sitters with some donkey strikers..I will say that what made a massive difference is upping the power bar but lowering the pass speed

- I dont want to get banned BUT you need the base game first of all, you need to get it SOMEHOW if you have the virtual version only and pay attention to get the version from september, not one from later.
- Then simply rename your current FIFA 16 folder, then make a new, empty FIFA 16 folder in the same place and copy the new files there.
- Start FIFA and Origin and simply abort the update, if it downloaded a certain percentage already, just copy again the files and overwrite them. After that Origin wont update the game automatically, only once you start the app again, then you have to abort it right away.
- So you start the game and at the start screen it will say it is out of date(it means you did it well) and that you can only play offline atm.

Thats it and you can install moddingway since its not exe related like all the patches for PES for example.

ps.: the AI is hella fun in the base game ;) dribbles, crosses, runs and much harder. Its nothing like the demo or the e3 code but still much more fun than the current build.

Done this myself a few days ago and haven't loaded up The Division since. Out of the box this Fifa really was a very very good game, (new I shouldn't have trusted that day 1 patch). Been having a great time, in fact as long as Moddingway keep updating it I'll be happy to play it for a while. You can do the same on the PS4 btw, you need to delete everything associated with the game and not let it go online. As I don't play football games online, my PS$ version is still 1.00

Also, was watching the FIFA World Cup yesterday, what a load of crap that was, counter attack v counter attack....

You guys recommand to not install any updates ? I will buy fifa today and i want to know if it is better to not update.

You guys recommand to not install any updates ? I will buy fifa today and i want to know if it is better to not update.

I wouldn't mate, with each patch it just became less and less enjoyable. As an example the demo I didn't put down, and after rolling back I've played it for more in the last couple of days than I have since before Christmas.

Done this myself a few days ago and haven't loaded up The Division since. Out of the box this Fifa really was a very very good game, (new I shouldn't have trusted that day 1 patch). Been having a great time, in fact as long as Moddingway keep updating it I'll be happy to play it for a while. You can do the same on the PS4 btw, you need to delete everything associated with the game and not let it go online. As I don't play football games online, my PS$ version is still 1.00

Also, was watching the FIFA World Cup yesterday, what a load of crap that was, counter attack v counter attack....

Sorry if I Sound stupid...I own the digital pc version do I need to uninstall and then install again to get the unpatched version? Thanks

Sorry if I Sound stupid...I own the digital pc version do I need to uninstall and then install again to get the unpatched version? Thanks

No, if you uninstall it and re-install the game - it will be the full patched version.

The only way to do it is if you have a back up of the Original game folder.

No, if you uninstall it and re-install the game - it will be the full patched version.

The only way to do it is if you have a back up of the Original game folder.

Thank you mate. Any idea how I can get that folder? Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't mate, with each patch it just became less and less enjoyable. As an example the demo I didn't put down, and after rolling back I've played it for more in the last couple of days than I have since before Christmas.

Yeah, it's one of those things where I can't tell if my lack of interest is because I've played so much of the game it has become less interesting as a result, or the patches just aren't too my liking. I think it's a combination of both. I tried to play a few offline matches the other day, but I couldn't even finish the half before I quit. It's all become a bit stale for me. I play full manual, adjusted sliders and World Class. Maybe I'll come back to it in a few months.

I DID copy my FIFA 16 folder on the day of release so I have a relatively untouched version at my disposable if I so choose. It's just kind of a hassle to use.

Yeah, it's one of those things where I can't tell if my lack of interest is because I've played so much of the game it has become less interesting as a result, or the patches just aren't too my liking. I think it's a combination of both. I tried to play a few offline matches the other day, but I couldn't even finish the half before I quit. It's all become a bit stale for me. I play full manual, adjusted sliders and World Class. Maybe I'll come back to it in a few months.

I DID copy my FIFA 16 folder on the day of release so I have a relatively untouched version at my disposable if I so choose. It's just kind of a hassle to use.

Took about 30 seconds, renamed the current folder, copied the contents of the original backup into a Fifa 15 folder and that was it. Strangely I remember trying it before and having no success, it would just load the patched version...but this time it worked just fine.

I had forgotten that the tactics worked more or less on release, the good old cpu long ball has made a return.

Disappointed. I played a few games with default game (no updates). The game is realistic and beautiful but there is something i can't put a finger on that is annoying, like in every fifa. Back to We9le i guess :(

Took about 30 seconds, renamed the current folder, copied the contents of the original backup into a Fifa 15 folder and that was it. Strangely I remember trying it before and having no success, it would just load the patched version...but this time it worked just fine.

I had forgotten that the tactics worked more or less on release, the good old cpu long ball has made a return.

Ha, same here which is why I was hesitant. It must have been an obvious error on my end. I might give it go today.

I have played on a mix of semi and manual after all manual in previous fifas..since my division one career mode I've gone back to full manual for the first time in 16 and it's great..stats matter for me as I've missed some sitters with some donkey strikers..I will say that what made a massive difference is upping the power bar but lowering the pass speed

I agree with this that stats do make a difference. You only have to do the training sessions in manager mode to see the difference they make. Doing the volley and header training with Polter (QPR) and he is pretty good and got an A rating but with Washington it was difficult only getting a rating of D. He even completely missed the ball with one volley.

Also with the dribbling training it is harder with some than others.

I'm playing on professional at the moment using assisted passing but manual shooting with Matt's slider* settings from operation sports. Started a career managing QPR and have been enjoying it so far. There is a lack of free kicks but it's not a big issue. There is so much variety in this game from the CPU which is something I have been looking for for years. Different shots, some completely miss hit some hit full on, good passes bad passes.

Very good game indeed :APPLAUD:

*PS. I had to adjust the injury frequency setting to 50 as I got two injuries in my first game. Hoilett out for 4 weeks and Grego-Cox for 2 months :(

I tried again the game but this time on professional full manual legacy defending(i was playing in world class before), and it's much more enjoyable, and i see why you praise this game.

I tried again the game but this time on professional full manual legacy defending(i was playing in world class before), and it's much more enjoyable, and i see why you praise this game.

Yeh i think professional is the way to go then once its too easy notch it up to world class and adjust sliders.

Has anyone experienced this?

The ball goes out for a goal kick so I decide to make a substitution. But when I return to the game the camera view is behind the goal and zoomed right out. Play goes on for about 5-10 secs and then it reverts back to normal. It's not a big problem but when it happens the CPU is passing it about like normal and I can't see what's happening because it's too far zoomed out. It's happened about 3 times.

Never had this bug geeeee. Finally, we found our footie fix, i hope anyway !

Heh heh yes hopefully. I'm just looking forward to playing a few seasons and getting really into the game. I havent played a long career since PES5 ML all those years ago. As much as i dont get fooled by all the cosmetics with fifa it is nice to have players appearances and kits complete. Saves all that editing time. Although i still plan to keep my option file up to date.

Back
Top Bottom