FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I agree with this that stats do make a difference. You only have to do the training sessions in manager mode to see the difference they make. Doing the volley and header training with Polter (QPR) and he is pretty good and got an A rating but with Washington it was difficult only getting a rating of D. He even completely missed the ball with one volley.

Also with the dribbling training it is harder with some than others.

I'm playing on professional at the moment using assisted passing but manual shooting with Matt's slider* settings from operation sports. Started a career managing QPR and have been enjoying it so far. There is a lack of free kicks but it's not a big issue. There is so much variety in this game from the CPU which is something I have been looking for for years. Different shots, some completely miss hit some hit full on, good passes bad passes.

Very good game indeed :APPLAUD:

*PS. I had to adjust the injury frequency setting to 50 as I got two injuries in my first game. Hoilett out for 4 weeks and Grego-Cox for 2 months :(

Also can't stop playing it, after pes6 I couldn't really enjoy any football game till now.. Anything can happen, really. Playing full manual on professional with strong teams currently.

One of my crazy Games: Won 3-2 after beeing down 0:2.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3Rot0wxsU

Last edited:
Also cant stop playing it, after pes6 I couldn't realy enjoy any Football game toll now.. Anything can happen, really. Playing full manual on professional with stron teams currently.

One of my crazy Games: Won 3-2 after beeing down 0:2.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3Rot0wxsU

I enjoyed watching those highlights. Was that 4 penalties in that game? Did Bilbao have the same person taking the penalty? Scored one (off the post and against keeper), next against post and out, and the last one chipped over the goal. I like the different variety of penalties.

In my career I'm in charge of QPR, playing on manual shooting with assisted passing (still practising), professional. Played 3 in the league and won 3 and won in the Captial One cup. I'm thinking wether to move up to world class and adjust sliders to help but a bit worried that the CPU will become super human.

I read on earlier posts about hand balls being turned on or off but I cannot find it on the settings menu, any ideas?

I enjoyed watching those highlights. Was that 4 penalties in that game? Did Bilbao have the same person taking the penalty? Scored one (off the post and against keeper), next against post and out, and the last one chipped over the goal. I like the different variety of penalties.

In my career I'm in charge of QPR, playing on manual shooting with assisted passing (still practising), professional. Played 3 in the league and won 3 and won in the Captial One cup. I'm thinking wether to move up to world class and adjust sliders to help but a bit worried that the CPU will become super human.

I read on earlier posts about hand balls being turned on or off but I cannot find it on the settings menu, any ideas?
World Class is fine , legendary can get a bit daft..handball settings are in the main menu can't change it mid game

I would say world class is fine with sliders fine-tuning.

I tried to change the custom tactics and they do change the way cpu play. I'm playing default game without official patches by ea btw.

World Class is fine , legendary can get a bit daft..handball settings are in the main menu can't change it mid game

I can find the hand ball settings in the main menu but not in the Career menu that ive already started.

I would say world class is fine with sliders fine-tuning.

I tried to change the custom tactics and they do change the way cpu play. I'm playing default game without official patches by ea btw.

I played World Class and lost my first game in the league 0-2 to Wolves. Will take a while to get used to.
What Custom Tactiics do you use? I found these on Operation Sports but they are only for FIFA14 i couldnt find the latest ones hopefully they work the same way for 16.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13puhUSfknvldXEmv9ZyMryiyThwtR6ysS11mc78_Z8w/htmlview?pli=1

I can find the hand ball settings in the main menu but not in the Career menu that ive already started.

I played World Class and lost my first game in the league 0-2 to Wolves. Will take a while to get used to.
What Custom Tactiics do you use? I found these on Operation Sports but they are only for FIFA14 i couldnt find the latest ones hopefully they work the same way for 16.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13puhUSfknvldXEmv9ZyMryiyThwtR6ysS11mc78_Z8w/htmlview?pli=1

Yeah, they don't exist for fifa 15/fifa 16, because it seems the custom tactics don't work in these games. That's not my experience though, with default game without the official patches, though it might be placebo. I used these tactics from fifa 14 and adjusted them a bit. For now, in only tried spain (high pressure, slow tempo) and west ham tactics (long balls, deep defense) from fifa 14.

Whatever change you make in the main menu (turning it on/off/penalties) will take effect in your ongoing CM as well.

Thanks for the info Placebo :)) Are you still not playing the game? I'm sure I read a post somewhere (I've been reading all the old FIFA threads to catch up ;) ) where you said you hadn't played the game for a few months.

Yeah, they don't exist for fifa 15/fifa 16, because it seems the custom tactics don't work in these games. That's not my experience though, with default game without the official patches, though it might be placebo. I used these tactics from fifa 14 and adjusted them a bit. For now, in only tried spain (high pressure, slow tempo) and west ham tactics (long balls, deep defense) from fifa 14.

I've been adjusting the tactics according to that spreadsheet but I'm guessing they won't take affect in my already started CM.

I've been struggling on World Class if I'm honest. I may have to adjust the sliders a bit more. I think the problem with sliders is that I feel that I'm cheating. For example Rob Green will be saving everything for me in goal so I think "maybe the slider is too high" so I will adjust the slider. Or I adjust the pass slider to make the CPU passing less accurate but then they cannot cross the ball.

I did find these sliders http://www.operationsports.com/foru...2002-hardcore-simulation-fifa-16-sliders.html I will try later.

Yepp, 4 penalties.. an offside goal, a goal after hitting both posts.. really good.

As for handball, as others mentioned option is in the main menu.
I have them on, sometimes I get crazy amount of handballs called, than nothing for 5 games.

Playing currently full manual, zero assist for anything. I want to be rock solid on professional before moving up and implementing sliders..

Thanks for the info Placebo :)) Are you still not playing the game? I'm sure I read a post somewhere (I've been reading all the old FIFA threads to catch up ;) ) where you said you hadn't played the game for a few months.

I've been adjusting the tactics according to that spreadsheet but I'm guessing they won't take affect in my already started CM.

I've been struggling on World Class if I'm honest. I may have to adjust the sliders a bit more. I think the problem with sliders is that I feel that I'm cheating. For example Rob Green will be saving everything for me in goal so I think "maybe the slider is too high" so I will adjust the slider. Or I adjust the pass slider to make the CPU passing less accurate but then they cannot cross the ball.

I did find these sliders http://www.operationsports.com/foru...2002-hardcore-simulation-fifa-16-sliders.html I will try later.

I recommend you to choose a sliders combination on operation sport forum. These sliders are well balanced, something i can't achieve myself when i mess with individual sliders. I tried the one in your link, it was a bit easy for me, i personnally used OS community sliders, difficult, but realistic imo.

Have You tried the community sliders by Matt10 ?
They have some fairly intensive testing and review.
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

Just saying.

Tactics are indeed broken. They make no difference at all. You can come at me but it's the truth. You could set Barcelona to play short passing by choosing extreme values but they still hoof it up and cross as often.

I recommend you to choose a sliders combination on operation sport forum. These sliders are well balanced, something i can't achieve myself when i mess with individual sliders. I tried the one in your link, it was a bit easy for me, i personnally used OS community sliders, difficult, but realistic imo.

Have You tried the community sliders by Matt10 ?
They have some fairly intensive testing and review.
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

Just saying.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Played a couple of games today using the sliders I quoted earlier from OS and I dropped to Proffesional on full manual and I really struggled. The first game I played on slow, I know most suggest slow but I find it too sluggish and boring maybe because I'm coming from the PES5 era where the game was quicker. So my next game I played QPR v Hull, it was a bit better but started getting frustrated with my passes going astray and one on one shots going way over and wide because the shot error was on 67 or something. In the end I got 2 players sent off and lost 2-0.

I think I may go back to tweaking Matts sliders or tweaking vanilla sliders. My problem is that I find professional too easy on assisted passing but then I really really struggle with manual passing. I may have to go back to assisted and tweak other settings. I suppose ideally everything should be set to 50-50 when it comes to passing and shooting otherwise strikers are missing good chances and passes go astray too much.

Yup it's true, last played November 8th 2015, crazy that I squeezed 150 hours in from release to that point! It's possible I'll go back to it at some point before Fifa17!

Yup it's true, last played November 8th 2015, crazy that I squeezed 150 hours in from release to that point! It's possible I'll go back to it at some point before Fifa17!

How come? I suppose that is a lot of playing time in a short period of time. Did you achieve all you could with Sheff Wed :P

Tactics are indeed broken. They make no difference at all. You can come at me but it's the truth. You could set Barcelona to play short passing by choosing extreme values but they still hoof it up and cross as often.

Have you tried default game, without official patches? Yes, it might be placebo, as i said.

Which sliders do you use guys with only default game no patches, the one from geeee's post is too easy and Matt sliders are too difficult? It might be because they are designed for 1.05 version of the game.

How come? I suppose that is a lot of playing time in a short period of time. Did you achieve all you could with Sheff Wed :P

Around Christmas time I went off gaming for a few months so that probably contributed to it, then when I did return I was playing other things, currently sneaking towards 100 hours in The Division! :)

How is it with this game it's 7 month in and I'm still seeing ai goal variation that's new..the variety is exceptional ..struggling in my career though with Bradford 4th from bottom ..grinding out draws and the odd win

Around Christmas time I went off gaming for a few months so that probably contributed to it, then when I did return I was playing other things, currently sneaking towards 100 hours in The Division! :)

That's fair enough it's good to have a break sometimes especially with family etc...
At least the game you are playing now sounds like a footy game :P

How is it with this game it's 7 month in and I'm still seeing ai goal variation that's new..the variety is exceptional ..struggling in my career though with Bradford 4th from bottom ..grinding out draws and the odd win

The game is tough. In the end I dropped back to Professional with full assist apart from manual shooting. I upped the Injury frequency slider and that's it. I will probably tweak it as I go along.

Had a really good experience tonight had my first International Mangerial offer for the Wales job. I jumped at the chance because Wales are doing well at the moment. I didn't realise though that my next game would be England v Wales in the final Euro qualifier. Had to win so no pressure :CALM:

Ended up losing 2-0 and Rooney was on fire with these two goals, one being a great header that I have not seen before.

http://youtu.be/mLAxi8wBxOs

I decided to put the commentary on and watch all the cut scenes to add to the realism and it didn't dissapoint.
There was some different things happening through out the game for example we had a free kick and the ref used the spray can. I thought that was just for show but then the commentator said "They are not back 10 yards they could be in trouble here" and then the ref booked Lallana :APPLAUD: excellent stuff!

Also when England were winning 1-0 with only 5 minutes left Barkley ran to the corner flag to time waste so I sent 2 players over to pressure him but because it left Rooney in the box unmarked, Barkley turned and whipped a cross in which we just managed to clear. It really caught me by surprise. Even though we lost I really enjoyed the game.

Next up was QPR v Bristol City, we won 2-1 after being 2-0 up. I was finding it quite easy but then they came back into it and we had to hold on in the end.

It made me realise that on the same settings with different teams some games can be very very difficult like the England v Wales game whereas others can be a bit easy. Teams do play differently despite what some say. The way England kept feeding Rooney was excellent.

So I will stick to these settings for now and hopefully I will get promotion. Then I will see what it's like against EPL teams.

I came back to professionnal default sliders full manual, very enjoyable and i feel there is more variation with the cpu than with tweaked sliders.

I hardly touch the AI sliders ..some minor adjustments on world class

I've adjusted mine to make manual more realistic

Pass speed lowered to lower the game tempo
Pass error reduced to 39 - even division one teams can pass a ball straight and I was finding with low crosses easy passes were being miss hit

Main one was power bar ..increased this to compensate for the pass speed with making the game frantic

I'm enjoying fifa 16 but at the same time i installed fifa 14 and it plays really great too, especially the custom tactics for the cpu!

I'm enjoying fifa 16 but at the same time i installed fifa 14 and it plays really great too, especially the custom tactics for the cpu!

Yeh 14 is good too. I was playing it before 16 and trying to edit it for my PS3 but editing is very limited. I couldn't create any young players who's date of birth is after 1994 or something like that :CONFUSE: may be different on PC though.

I hardly touch the AI sliders ..some minor adjustments on world class

I've adjusted mine to make manual more realistic

Pass speed lowered to lower the game tempo
Pass error reduced to 39 - even division one teams can pass a ball straight and I was finding with low crosses easy passes were being miss hit

Main one was power bar ..increased this to compensate for the pass speed with making the game frantic

Can't play manual passing just yet :CALM:

Yeh 14 is good too. I was playing it before 16 and trying to edit it for my PS3 but editing is very limited. I couldn't create any young players who's date of birth is after 1994 or something like that :CONFUSE: may be different on PC though.

Editing is limited in both fifa 14 and 16 imo. I always liked creating classic players in former pes (5/6), and sometimes classic teams. It is more difficult on fifa but i can't go back to pes for now.

I play full manual but i'm not very good at it. Most goals i scored are bad passing from cpu in his own area or individual play from one of my player or a cross. I've not scored a great goal with great passing yet.

Hi, had internet problems last couple of weeks hoping to get back on track with my Women's World Cup Series.

Here's Episodes 4 & 5, Highlights of Groups A & B with Match-day 2 underway, France need to avoid a loss to China in order to stay in the competition and Sweden take on Group Leaders Canada.Then, in Group B Brazil battle Spain in a goal fest for Top spot and World Champions USA seek their first win over minnows Italy.

https://youtu.be/_QR2SlDaeNw

https://youtu.be/3W53ZAei55k

Surprised at the numerous people playing lower difficulty! I play legendary with Matt10 sliders, I'm far from the best fifa player but I play with Roma and I'm top 3 in the Serie A mid-season, I may lose some matches here and there however it's realistic since that's pretty much how Roma's real season is going.

The game is really good I find, I played a Germany v England friendly the other day and dominated possession and the whole game with Germany, England scored on a counter in the second half but I equalized towards the end of the match.

I find Fifa 16 to have become a much better simulator than Pes 2016 that actually started to become arcadey, unfortunately I feel that we are going to be disappointed with the next edition with all the bad reviews from kids and arcade lovers. I don't mind staying on Fifa 16 tho, hopefully people will keep updating it

Back
Top Bottom