FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

That is the first thing I did when I got the game. Was immensely impressed. Then tried the men's and was let down and sold it.

hey lami, i never got to play the women's teams, are the player models and the way the players move better than the mens ? cos thats the reason i sold fifa cos the male player models and the way they move were a turn off for me.

hey lami, i never got to play the women's teams, are the player models and the way the players move better than the mens ? cos thats the reason i sold fifa cos the male player models and the way they move were a turn off for me.

Can't remember the models much as it was 5-6 months ago. Their animations I felt were better and inertia as well. Gave me the feeling footplanting exists. I loved it. I don't know how it is after all the patches now though. Thinking of buying it again cheaper only for the women's mode.

Can't remember the models much as it was 5-6 months ago. Their animations I felt were better and inertia as well. Gave me the feeling footplanting exists. I loved it. I don't know how it is after all the patches now though. Thinking of buying it again cheaper only for the women's mode.

might have to give it another go with the women, im struggling for a footy fix, thanks for the reply bud.

I tried it a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it.

Seems like, their lower stats give the game a better touch.
The player models look good either.
I like how the pony tails of some of the women are moving, makes it look quite realistic.

I for one am really enjoying FIFA.

No game is ever perfect but is this the best football game I've played to date? Yes, absolutely.

Liking career mode as well. At first I didn't think much of the new additions like preseason tournaments abroad and training in between game days but they actually are pretty solid additions and have made the mode superior to previous editions.

I don't care that much for preseason tournaments though it's certainly more engaging than having 3 random friendlies like last year but the training part, I'm a big fan of. They're not only mostly fun but can also be challenging and help improve your game. The fact that we get to choose which players to train and which particular drills for them to focus on helps bring about that feeling that you're improving your squad and shaping them into something.

All in all, I for one, actually believe EA is on the right track and has a solid football game that is also seemingly improving year by year. And this Santiago guy (Argentinian dude in charge of FIFA's Career mode) seems much better than Marcel (German guy) that was in charge. I'm glad EA appointed him.

First post in this section of the forum, feels weird.

I'm enjoying Fifa 16 much more that i would have expected coming from Pes. I really see it as a fun game, with its flaws but it's at least fun to play, gives some sort of challenge offline, has a great career mode and stable online.

Referees work here, goalkeepers feel like actual goalkeepers, the pace of the match is realistic enough. It still lacks in tactics though.

First post in this section of the forum, feels weird.

I'm enjoying Fifa 16 much more that i would have expected coming from Pes. I really see it as a fun game, with its flaws but it's at least fun to play, gives some sort of challenge offline, has a great career mode and stable online.

Referees work here, goalkeepers feel like actual goalkeepers, the pace of the match is realistic enough. It still lacks in tactics though.

Absolutely same here.

But it happened to me with the FIFA 15 demo.
As I didn´t dig PES 2015, I tried the demo and was very impressed and surprised by the variation of the gameplay.
Something I´ve missed in PES 2015 and loved in PES back in the days.

Played it to death, could also enjoy the full game...at least the CM with some slider tweaks to make it as slow as possible.
Then I got quite fed up with it and played PES 2015 (PC) with all the patches I could get and it was okay....
Just missed the rewarding feeling when you score.

As FIFA 16 is an improvement over 15 imho, I really still have fun playing it and experiencing match situations I haven´t seen before.

I hope they´re gonna work more on tactics and all the stuff that needs to be tweaked.

Wonder how long before they push out an update to remove Adam Johnson from the game.
Never, it would seem...

Eurogamer: PES and Football Manager delete disgraced Adam Johnson - but EA can't remove him from FIFA because of "technical issues"

We released a team update last month to remove Adam Johnson; however due to technical issues it is not possible to delete him from everyone's version.

It almost sounds like they're saying they can't remove him from career mode games - which would surely be the same in PES and Football Manager. Either way, I wouldn't have said that, as it's had a negative reaction already:

Gabrielle Shaw, CEO of National Association for People Abused in Childhood, told The Sun: "Johnson should be removed from FIFA 16. This game is played by millions of children a day, so EA games has a responsibility to act."

It's not like it's got a Hot Coffee exploit, let's be reasonable...

Last edited:
So Konami and Sega are issuing new disk versions of PES/FM? Default installs of both of those will include Adam Johnson, so for once EA are being condemned for telling the truth unlike the other two companies.

man. playing the extended demo only with some slight slider adjustments. its the most enjoyable game since Pes6

I agree my fellow countryman.
This is the best football game since pes6, period.

Sometimes individuality and tactics could be deeper, but otherwise
come on, it's a really great game, with very rewarding gameplay and awesome presentation. And I couldn't touch Fifa for 10 years at least..

Pes has a mountain to climb and they have the "best" sherpas out there (Adam, Asim).. :)

I agree my fellow countryman.
This is the best football game since pes6, period.

Sometimes individuality and tactics could be deeper, but otherwise
come on, it's a really great game, with very rewarding gameplay and awesome presentation. And I couldn't touch Fifa for 10 years at least..

Pes has a mountain to climb and they have the "best" sherpas out there (Adam, Asim).. :)

Online is far from being the best football game, unfortunately.

I've taken a little sabbatical from online for a few weeks and been experimenting with sliders and I feel like it's reinvigorated my game. Does my blood pressure some good at least.

- I dont want to get banned BUT you need the base game first of all, you need to get it SOMEHOW if you have the virtual version only and pay attention to get the version from september, not one from later.
- Then simply rename your current FIFA 16 folder, then make a new, empty FIFA 16 folder in the same place and copy the new files there.
- Start FIFA and Origin and simply abort the update, if it downloaded a certain percentage already, just copy again the files and overwrite them. After that Origin wont update the game automatically, only once you start the app again, then you have to abort it right away.
- So you start the game and at the start screen it will say it is out of date(it means you did it well) and that you can only play offline atm.

Thats it and you can install moddingway since its not exe related like all the patches for PES for example.

ps.: the AI is hella fun in the base game ;) dribbles, crosses, runs and much harder. Its nothing like the demo or the e3 code but still much more fun than the current build.

Last edited:
Just a little follow up to the topic of the Women's Teams in the game, i started a Women's "World Cup" where i play as all 12 teams in the game and i decided to try and do a YouTube series.

Let me know what you think and I'm still producing the rest of the episodes, it's my first go at a YT series so all feed back will be greatly appreciated!

https://youtu.be/JNpH5Q9xnSY

Nice one mate :) Even watching it looks good.

Is there a way the sliders would make the men's game play like the women's?

- I dont want to get banned BUT you need the base game first of all, you need to get it SOMEHOW if you have the virtual version only and pay attention to get the version from september, not one from later.
- Then simply rename your current FIFA 16 folder, then make a new, empty FIFA 16 folder in the same place and copy the new files there.
- Start FIFA and Origin and simply abort the update, if it downloaded a certain percentage already, just copy again the files and overwrite them. After that Origin wont update the game automatically, only once you start the app again, then you have to abort it right away.
- So you start the game and at the start screen it will say it is out of date(it means you did it well) and that you can only play offline atm.

Thats it and you can install moddingway since its not exe related like all the patches for PES for example.

ps.: the AI is hella fun in the base game ;) dribbles, crosses, runs and much harder. Its nothing like the demo or the e3 code but still much more fun than the current build.

what's the difference between the demo and the base game?

That videos looks really good, I hope they re model the men to play similar like that, then il have a football fix come end of the year.

Nice video, thx for sharing.

Funny, many might have thought that women´s footbal addition on FIFA 16 is nothing special, but somehow it is.

Thanks alot guys, Lami, I'm using Matt 10's latest slider set but tweaked a few as I thought some values just damage rather than improve especially when you consider the women's stats are gonna be modest anyway compared to the stronger male teams which the slider values are largely influenced by.

I'd imagine using his set for the men and decreasing acceleration and sprint speed slightly and increasing first touch error would be a start in bringing the men's teams down to a more playable standard but by the games design, it's never going to be a pre simulation with consequences but you can get it pretty close.

Thanks alot guys, Lami, I'm using Matt 10's latest slider set but tweaked a few as I thought some values just damage rather than improve especially when you consider the women's stats are gonna be modest anyway compared to the stronger male teams which the slider values are largely influenced by.

I'd imagine using his set for the men and decreasing acceleration and sprint speed slightly and increasing first touch error would be a start in bringing the men's teams down to a more playable standard but by the games design, it's never going to be a pre simulation with consequences but you can get it pretty close.

Thanks. I'd love to test it myself but I don't have the game. It's also pointless if I download the demo.

Is there a video with the latest Matt10's sliders so I can compare?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found his youtube channel :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom