FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I'm tempted to get Fifa 16 on the PSN store, it's 60% off.

I don't really want to check out reviews for this, but seem to remember it scoring overall lower than Fifa 15. Would you guys say this game is actually worse than Fifa 15? Or just didn't update 15 properly?

Anything is better than FIFA 15 IMO.

lost Toure via red card but for the 5th try i managed to beat PSG at once. played so much FIFA and this knock out game in the CM demanded real football with real tactics. i mean 80% of my passes were back passes, i was constantly changing att/def level. it was so weird even the cpu adapted to the situation and pulled of new tactics to attack: one twos, lobbed balls, headers, long shots, crosses.

weird like playing a different game

I was playing Be a Pro career mode last night and got subbed out without 'requesting' a substitution! That was NOT possible in previous versions and was a pleasant surprise. :)

Because my performance had been mediocre and more importantly my energy (stamina) was all the way down! Made sense that the manager took me out and brought on a fresh young striker.

i remember they proudly announced how they worked on defending. so eg the ball doesnt bounce back to the opponent all the time after a succesful tackle like in earlier games. AND THATS BACK, i barely can dispossess anyone yet the cpu does it smoothly

EDIT: is there any way to decrease the overall gamespeed below "slow" via ini file for PC?

Last edited:
this game is hilarious

fyVL1NU.jpg

PdIqyIV.jpg

I agree, completely unrealistic.

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/rKo7ESz.jpg[/IMG]
:D Not exactly every week that happens though, come on...

That image will be the answer to every moan on the Football Manager forums for the next 12 months...

I'm still playing using the sliders above and I'm pretty happy with the experience now - I don't know if it's just because I'm using the Be A Pro camera, but I feel like I'm making the right decisions more often, and I feel like what the AI does is easier to rationalise with the change in viewpoint.

But that being said, I beat Arsenal 1-0 in a very tight affair, and yet when I play West Brom, they're much tougher to break down (understandable due to the tactics) but also have way better chances and usually score more goals than those world-class teams.

There's definitely - well, in my opinion - an imbalance that means you have an attacking advantage by playing defensive, possession football. (Which is better than end-to-end stupid-scoreline games, but you don't really feel a "wow, this match is different from the last" at any point - I'm not a big fan of this year's PES but the difference in intelligence - let alone tactical implementation - between one team and the next can be massive, whereas in FIFA defensive positioning is utterly perfect all the time!)

Last edited:
I agree, completely unrealistic.

rKo7ESz.jpg

replaying the same game, 4 consecutive times its the same scenario...i score late in the 70 or 80 minutes, cpu goes all out attack, equalizes then they score a wonder goal in the extra time or win it by sheer cheating on penalties. now for the 5th time i could beat them 3-0. this shit is only appears in the knockout phase tho

From the images though the possession was equal.

Yes they only had 2 shots but they probably used the possession better, I can't remember the last time I had 16 shots - 9 on target in FIFA.

With FIFA it is about quality rather than quantity.

Are you playing on fully assisted?

Leicester City are currently top of the league with the worst possession and ball retention in the Premier League.
I just made this point in the PES thread!

You're right, but that's one team. West Brom themselves have very similar stats but they're 14th. Let's talk about the majority of games - yes, sometimes teams with less possession and less shots win, and yes, some teams are very good at doing exactly that because of their strategy, but we're talking about the occasional match, and one very well-trained team in Leicester, not most matches and most teams.

To go back to an earlier point, I don't like the most recent PES, but when I play a poor Europa League team, they'll have a pass accuracy stat at full time of as little as 65%. Have you ever seen an AI opponent in FIFA have less than 80% pass accuracy at full time, on any of the higher difficulty settings?

The lowest I've seen in the last two weeks is 83%. Playing ANY team. Including Championship teams in cup matches. That's Arsenal passing accuracy. For every team.

That's the worst thing about FIFA, IMO. Hands down. Zoom the camera out, blur the faces, and any team could be confused with any other team when it's the AI controlling them.

I don't actually think I've ever had more possession than the opposition, due to the way every team passes the ball around regardless of their game plan or ability (and due to the way I play, which isn't particularly direct at all - it's just that you can't play anything close to attacking football and keep possession in FIFA 16, due to how the game is designed around scrappy midfield play and perfect defensive positioning). For me, every end-of-match screenshot looks exactly the same other than the scoreline.

I'm seeing improvements with sliders but nothing that destroys that formula.

But the most annoying thing is, I love 90% of the game. I'll keep on playing it, because overall, I think it's great. In my opinion, it's the best football game ever made - more so if you take the AI and the much-rumoured "momentum" out of the equation. But that last 10% is the bit I love most about football, and probably the hardest to get right - tactical variety and being able to win, or lose, in many different ways.

But yeah, for me it's the best FIFA to date, and what happens? All the reviews call this year's PES "the best football game ever", and slate this year's FIFA. So next year, I'm willing to bet it's all downhill.

Last edited:
From the images though the possession was equal.

Yes they only had 2 shots but they probably used the possession better, I can't remember the last time I had 16 shots - 9 on target in FIFA.

With FIFA it is about quality rather than quantity.

Are you playing on fully assisted?

yes i do. i like stat based games.and the possession is always high for the cpu since every team plays tikitaka in this game

It scored worse because when it came out it actually required a degree of learning to be good at it, that's why reviewers didn't like it and people like Asim who cant play football games properly didn't like it.

spot on mate, asim is regarded more as a causal player, thats why i dont take his reviews serious anymore, which is also why pes is going down the wrong path.

I dony play any other games anymore other than the odd footy game so I've reverted back to release version on ps4 ..such a good game on release

Played a couple of games, PL, now trying to load the file. Can't figure out how. Fabulous

Edit - I found it... still say it's fairly hidden

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that i still play Fifa which is something new to me. I always liked this game only for two months - top from release. Its best game since 2006r. I realy love to play against pc using scorpio sliders. Its pure fun, ideal tiempo :) AI plays smart, inteligent and nonrepetitive. In addition, moddingway patch adds extra to immersion. I realy have fun. Full manual and slow.

I put sliders from scorpio below, i applied them only to ai, for player i set to default, only incrased shoot power to 56.

"Professional, 10 minutes, slow, full manual controls on PS4. I play Career Mode with lower league teams.

Sprint 51/52
Acceleration 49/50
Shot Error 50/40
Pass Error 50/45
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 40/40
Injury Freq 75/75
Injury Severity 35/35
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 40/75
Run Freq. 50/75
Height 58/58
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 53/53
First Touch 50/50"

Last edited:
Started a cup with women teams for the first time.

Such a great game....chose USA and scored some great goals....a volley with Rapinhoe from outside of the box....a goal I´ve never seen before.

I´m using moddingway as well.
This and the rev cam tool.....great game!

Last edited:
I´ve only made two games on professional.

Since I chose USA, which is one of the stronger teams there, I felt that it was too easy.
Guess I gotta set the difficulty higher...maybe I´ll be seeing more of the issues people here are ranting about.

Playing my CM on professional too, which is still a good level as my team is not that strong yet and there are still games I´m losing.

Maybe it´s that thing that games with lower player stats (and a lower difficulty) are more fun...I don´t know.
I remember playing FUT offline against the CPU on worldclass and those matches were quite similar to each other according to the tactics of the CPU.

nah something is wrong here...is it only my game or the cpu does jack shit on attempt to score? i conceded 2 goals in 14 league games, on every match cpu shot attempt is around 1-4 max. only the likes of the really top teams attempting to have the same amount of shots as me

ok guys new to fifa. I hope you can help me with answering some questions:

1. is there an offline mode, where you play a season with all league, cup, european cup games of one team?

2. is there accumulated fatige? is there player form? (both meant for offline)

thanks

Back
Top Bottom