FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

oh man what a match I just had..

playing career mode as Cheltenham Town started off the first few months on world class was in 4th place but didnt feel challenging enough so cranked it up to legendary.I had a bad run of games a draw and 2 losses until just now we faced Burton at home who are top by 5 points and getting away.

They dominated me first half only through sheer concentration I managed to keep the score down to 1-0 to them.Second half I set it to attacking bring on my young teenage loan CAM Wynter (who I only got in to fill out my small squad) and he was an absolute power house I had chance after chance until the 88th minute played a neat triangle out wide cross it in and he came running onto it to volley it under the bar and in then every player bundled in the celebration.love when the camera shakes and the crowd go mental the relief was superb

when this game flows and doesnt show its little flaws its brilliant

PS3 I'm pleased to say that after changing my slider settings i am enjoying this a lot more now. I'm still not finding any bad issues with the defending on either my side or the CPU side. Maybe because i use legacy defending and I'm only playing on Professional.

I've started a career with Leyton Orient and even though i've only played 2 friendlies i'm having some great games. I beat Norwich 2-1 but at 2-0 they were pounding on the door, it was last ditch tackle after last ditch tackle for me, deflections here there and everywhere :BRMM:. Never played a game before where i have been under so much pressure and it was just a friendly so i'm really looking forward to the real stuff.

Feel like i want to crank up the level...:THINK:… maybe for the last friendly and see how it goes.

I'm also loving the sliding tackles by the CPU, sometimes a foul and sometimes a great tackle. At last fouls by the CPU :Y1:APPLAUD:

Had three great Premier League games tonight with some lovely goals going in. Really like the variety of goals this year, most of which look very realistic and organic.

The best was a 3-2 home defeat to Villa as Leicester. Felt like a proper hard-fought English match. Agbonlahor tore me apart with his pace when I allowed him too much space and he punished me with two goals. Ulloa pulled two goals back thanks to his physical hold-up play, quality on the ball and excellent finishing. He's a good player in this game, much like real life.

One thing I noticed is goals that take slight deflections off defenders are often given as own goals. A bit of a shame that.

One thing I noticed is goals that take slight deflections off defenders are often given as own goals. A bit of a shame that.

had a moment using liverpool where I took a shot outside the box with sterling when it went in balotelli ran off like he had scored the greatest goal in his life watched the reply back and when he dodged out the way of the ball it literally brushed his shirt haha

Last edited:
How the fuck do you defend on this game. It's so unbalanced it's unreal.

total concentration! im not saying it doesnt have flaws but heres what i do

I lay off the sprint button I only use it if..
A if i need close the distance between me and the ball carrier but come off sprint before you get too close otherwise he wil turn and you will go skating past
B chasing when running from behind
C running a player in my control behind the backline incase they try a through ball or lob pass/cross at the same time holding r2 to pressure the ball carrier with your other team mates it will buy you time plus your player you are controlling behind the defence will cover for your MF or CB you sent to closedown with R2

use jockey L1 or L2 whatever you set it too on the player in your control but not holding sprint, position him in the gaps of your defence and use R2 teammate contain to chase the player with the ball, sometimes I want till the player im using with R2 is close then suddenly switch to control him and hit X (or square if I am close enough to rough him up) this catches the CPU off guard sometimes

certain situations call for desperate times tho like clearing a corner and it goes to the CPU at the edge of the area then I hold R2 and X and sprint and just close them down as soon as I can with as many players as i can before they shoot or through ball it back into the area gotta be quick on this tho if you dont win it right away they will just pass it into a free player in the area to score

legendary against the best players is extremely hard on occasions the best defence is keep possesion and limit the amount they have the ball cos if you let them have 60% or more of the ball they will create 15 chance and before you know it your 3-4 goals down.The AI is pretty clever this year if they go a goal up your chasing the game and they destroy you I find sometimes setting the D-pad to attacking puts them on the back foot and even more so if you score first maybe try that too?

I know all sounds like alot but once you get a system going it becomes second nature but sure you will mess up at times ie it selecting the wrong player or being too late to react just like real life defence i guess.you could start on world class slow everything down like take a notch off the CPU acceleration slider their pass speed with slow gameplay setting and keep cranking it up a notch when you find it easy until you find its competitive between you and the AI

Last edited:
The unbalanced attack v defence is absolutely ridiculous. A game breaker for me. Unless EA patch the game I can't see me playing many matches. It's shocking.

posted this in the official forums, but maybe someone here knows, are the custom set pices gone in FIFA15? i cant find where to create/edit them, last year it was in the arena, but its not there anymore...

I had to download the digital copy onto my friend's new Xbox One and mine is still downloading as we speak (hopefully!). Brought it over to him last night and first thing he noticed was defenders taking up good positions. I chuckled cause I knew what was being said on here about defending :P

We normally play on dynamic cam, but it seems that fully zoomed out is a bit closer than last year. Would love a few clicks further out. It's normally not an angle that's dependent on the stadium so that was disappointing. He did like default camera with zoom at 20 and height at around 5.

I wouldn't mind if the free kicks are a bit easier to score this year as whenever I played FIFA 14 at my mate's place, they seemed too err too far on the hard to score side. From what I saw so far the ball physics look great and the speed of the game is very nice on normal.

Will no doubt be back in here once I've fired up a few games.

Where do I choose wether I want to play with dynamic weather and stuff?

would like to know this too. Can't seem to find how to set it on random.

Next question : i'm playing a Barclays Premiere Leauge season via the tournament mode. Playing with Man United but my squad is not updated.

When i play random games i do have the updated squad.

So, how do i get my squad updated in tournament mode? I can seem to find the option to do it.

I'm on ps4.

would like to know this too. Can't seem to find how to set it on random.

Next question : i'm playing a Barclays Premiere Leauge season via the tournament mode. Playing with Man United but my squad is not updated.

When i play random games i do have the updated squad.

So, how do i get my squad updated in tournament mode? I can seem to find the option to do it.

I'm on ps4.

Yeah I've noticed this too. Welbeck still at Man U for example. It's not like FIFA to be slow at updating squads. I wonder if we have to do something manually to update?

im one to admit, i was never a fan of FUT, cause of the bullshit headers via crosses, lob thru balls as well as a few other exploits, BUT this years game seems to have improved alot to minimise those glitches and after finally starting to understand the defensive mechanism for this game, i am hooked on it really bad this year, they have done a fantastic job, individuality has gone up to another level for this years game, i hope this continues on the more i play it.

Yeah I've noticed this too. Welbeck still at Man U for example. It's not like FIFA to be slow at updating squads. I wonder if we have to do something manually to update?

You do. Can't quite remember where but it's relatively obvious. Somewhere in the Customise menus.

This 100% sums up my experience with the game so far.

yeah i am kind of in the same boat i was losing most CM matches with some draws but i mainly disliked the flick and back heels the AI was doing with the poorer premiership teams.

I have now switched back to default sliders on pro mode and just changed Accel and Sprint to Me: 46 Accel 46 Sprint and AI 47 Accel and 47 Sprint with a few to alter some more to in the AI favour..the first game i had was a joy

total concentration! im not saying it doesnt have flaws but heres what i do

I lay off the sprint button I only use it if..
A if i need close the distance between me and the ball carrier but come off sprint before you get too close otherwise he wil turn and you will go skating past
B chasing when running from behind
C running a player in my control behind the backline incase they try a through ball or lob pass/cross at the same time holding r2 to pressure the ball carrier with your other team mates it will buy you time plus your player you are controlling behind the defence will cover for your MF or CB you sent to closedown with R2

use jockey L1 or L2 whatever you set it too on the player in your control but not holding sprint, position him in the gaps of your defence and use R2 teammate contain to chase the player with the ball, sometimes I want till the player im using with R2 is close then suddenly switch to control him and hit X (or square if I am close enough to rough him up) this catches the CPU off guard sometimes

certain situations call for desperate times tho like clearing a corner and it goes to the CPU at the edge of the area then I hold R2 and X and sprint and just close them down as soon as I can with as many players as i can before they shoot or through ball it back into the area gotta be quick on this tho if you dont win it right away they will just pass it into a free player in the area to score

legendary against the best players is extremely hard on occasions the best defence is keep possesion and limit the amount they have the ball cos if you let them have 60% or more of the ball they will create 15 chance and before you know it your 3-4 goals down.The AI is pretty clever this year if they go a goal up your chasing the game and they destroy you I find sometimes setting the D-pad to attacking puts them on the back foot and even more so if you score first maybe try that too?

I know all sounds like alot but once you get a system going it becomes second nature but sure you will mess up at times ie it selecting the wrong player or being too late to react just like real life defence i guess.you could start on world class slow everything down like take a notch off the CPU acceleration slider their pass speed with slow gameplay setting and keep cranking it up a notch when you find it easy until you find its competitive between you and the AI

It doesn't sound like a lot to me. It just sounds obvious. I'm an online only player as I've mentioned previously and after many more games I still don't have a problem with the defending side of things.
Patience and practice are best things I can suggest. As for the gif a few posts above, if you dive in then yeah, you get skinned. Time your tackles and read the play then you can tackle. It's your skill v the opponent in those instances and if you read what they are going to do then you can defend against it. In those instances I just cannot see the issue with it. Think one step ahead of your opponent. One on one. I much prefer it having more input on the defence side of things 1v1 even if I do get skinned.

Saw this elsewhere. Sums up defending in FIFA 15, especially online:

sj5HrBy.gif

True except in fifa it is 2x as fast (turning, dribbling...).

yeah i am kind of in the same boat i was losing most CM matches with some draws but i mainly disliked the flick and back heels the AI was doing with the poorer premiership teams.

I have now switched back to default sliders on pro mode and just changed Accel and Sprint to Me: 46 Accel 46 Sprint and AI 47 Accel and 47 Sprint with a few to alter some more to in the AI favour..the first game i had was a joy

Could you please post your settings in slider thread mate?

Back off holiday and was going to buy this today but reading the last 7 pages i dont think i will bother.

What happened between demo and the full game?

Back off holiday and was going to buy this today but reading the last 7 pages i dont think i will bother.

What happened between demo and the full game?

After playing for a while, most players concluded that defending is bad, mostly because of the bad ai and improved dribbling in 15 while ea didn't improve defending.

Otherwise it is mostly an improvement over 14.

To upgrade a little bit defence for CPU, just raise the CPU Marking slider. At World Class, a value of 56-57 will be fine.

After playing for a while, most players concluded that defending is bad, mostly because of the bad ai and improved dribbling in 15 while ea didn't improve defending.

Otherwise it is mostly an improvement over 14.

That's totally wrong. What EA did is removing the assists related to defending.They reduced or eliminated the auto tackling, making auto contain useful in holding up players in midfield and useless when spamming (relying on) it only. I like where they are heading.That makes defensive side of the game more of an art rather than pressure abuse.
The whole game comes together in a better way rather than any fifa before (I liked 14 NG)
*sorry for being positive ;)

Lower league games are fantastic!

Its funny because 12/13 & 14 were exactly the same for me, lower leagues feel better and then premier and top = speed deamon fest.

I always ended up sticking to lower league teams in fifa for better enjoyment.

Man I have been over to official forums, its like people are cutting and pasting the same from last year and with 13 to this year with issues especially online. Damn, will EA ever learn, I even thought this time round they would quash some of the typical things. Seems more bells and whistles for the eyes and then under the hood they still seem to drag over the niggling things creating almost mirror image complaints ive seen 3 years running. :Y1:THINK:

For me it was staying offline as online became a mess, and then having to hack sliders to death and speed and use AI script mods to suck life into it for a few weeks after purchase, I dont see where this would change from the feedback in many forums. All the hype last year about updated AI intelligence and then this being a year later on top of that, yet the same old defence cloud hangs over it. Even to the point the discussions about tactics and jockying are still the same as 2 years previous in terms of "working around" and then people bashing for being a "noob" and other comments, I cant see how people can be noobs for 2 years running.

I always felt after 14 that EA were haunted by their own core code with many things seeming to be bolted on per year. If they skipped a year and re wrote the code from the bottom up then maybe things would smooth out, but financially I doubt that will ever happen.

Its a shame because I was actually getting a little picked up by what this year might offer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom