FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Yes its hard, sometimes feels a bit out of control, but its really a pratice thing.
I have to play in legacy mode, to help me a bit but we still have to consider the way a defender is moving when we start controling him. Sometimes if you try to make a run against his weight/inertia he´ll get unbalanced and completely out of the play.
Personaly I like it but understand its a rather strange defense for most people.

Yes its hard, sometimes feels a bit out of control, but its really a pratice thing.
I have to play in legacy mode, to help me a bit but we still have to consider the way a defender is moving when we start controling him. Sometimes if you try to make a run against his weight/inertia he´ll get unbalanced and completely out of the play.
Personaly I like it but understand its a rather strange defense for most people.

i tried legacy mode just to have a look as i like tactical defending, im sure on legacy defending you can shirt pull as the O button is disabled so to speak..i may be wrong but i certainly found it not working in the 1 game i tried

It´s incredible how inertia seems to only affect the defenders in this game. while the player that have the ball can make high speed turns (even 90 or 180 drgrees) without taking any consideration about momentum, the defenders can´t make any turn without completely loosing position. It should be the other way around, unless the player with the ball is someone with a high skill dribling like Messi.

This game is completely unbalanced favouring the attacking, i just went back playing 14 yesterday and my God the gameplay is much better, there´s a very good balance between attack and defense, there is inertia/momentum that affect atackers more than the defenders, there are midfield battles and is very difficult to have a counter attack.

I will still try some sliders but i am very close to sell the game and keep playing Fifa 14 until PES2015 is out in November.

I like the game. Especially passing. The weight, variations etc.

But shooting, the most important part, I am not comfortable with it.
Passing is so realistic, but when I shoot I don't get the same feeling. Feels empty, like suddenly com takes the control :THINK:

Overall, I like the shooting on the manual setting, although sometimes the feeling of really connecting with the ball with some players doesn't grab me quite like the other game. Scored a wide variety of lovely goals so far though that felt satisfying enough.

Last edited:
OK I'm feeling the inadequacies with defence now.

For me it's perfectly balanced until you introduce the super rapid dribblers into the game. Just that level of acceleration and agility becomes uncontainable.

If you'd tweaked it so that players with 90 dribbling felt like 80, and 80 felt like 70. It would be a lot more manageable.

When using 3.5* to 4* teams the games are tight affairs.

I actually really like how dribbling feels in this game. It's the first FIFA you don't need any dribbling modifiers at all. Dribbling is one of my favorite aspects of this game.

But I agree 100% with that it's overpowered - one of the most successful tactics I'm seeing online is get the ball to Messi, Alexis Sanchez, etc. and sprint to goal. Yes these guys are amazing players but they shouldn't be able to sprint half the length of the pitch with the ball with such regularity.

But for me the answer is not to nerf the dribbling but to improve the defensive AI and the defensive mechanics.

The attacking side of the game is fantastic and I'd rather them upgrade the defensive side of the game rather than downgrade the attacking features.

I actually really like how dribbling feels in this game. It's the first FIFA you don't need any dribbling modifiers at all. Dribbling is one of my favorite aspects of this game.

But I agree 100% with that it's overpowered - one of the most successful tactics I'm seeing online is get the ball to Messi, Alexis Sanchez, etc. and sprint to goal. Yes these guys are amazing players but they shouldn't be able to sprint half the length of the pitch with the ball with such regularity.

But for me the answer is not to nerf the dribbling but to improve the defensive AI and the defensive mechanics.

The attacking side of the game is fantastic and I'd rather them upgrade the defensive side of the game rather than downgrade the attacking features.

The way the defenders react when a fast player runs down the wing is amazing. They almost literally do nothing.

I've had most joy playing the game with the lower tier teams. Had a great game with Southampton against QPR, CPU fouling a lot more and the pace of the game was more than acceptable compared to using top teams like Arsenal/Liverpool.

Overall, I like the shooting on the manual setting, although sometimes the feeling of really connecting with the ball with some players doesn't grab me quite like the other game. Scored a wide variety of lovely goals so far though that felt satisfying enough.

Manuel shooting is too hard for me :COAT:

I've had most joy playing the game with the lower tier teams. Had a great game with Southampton against QPR, CPU fouling a lot more and the pace of the game was more than acceptable compared to using top teams like Arsenal/Liverpool.

Agreed. Just played a lovely game between Cambridge and Luton. Lovely pace, balance, plenty of fouls, small stadium atmosphere. Game became very open in the last 15 minutes, lost 1-0...Loved it.

Manuel shooting is too hard for me

Me too really, but my scorelines have been acceptable and when I do score or even come close to doing so, it's very satisfying.

Last edited:
I'm finding world class too difficult but professional too easy.

On world class my defence seem to push up to the halfway line regardless of slider or tactics, meaning I'm constantly prone to through balls.
My attackers also keep dropping into midfield so when I do get the ball up, I'm usually on my own with my team refusing to make forward runs.

It's not so much a difficulty increase but more a handicap.

Professional is easier and my team actually do what I want. but I find the ai incapable of stopping my attacks. I'll end up with 15+ shots on goal with the game cheating by making the keepers impossible to beat and multiple deflections onto the post/bar.
The ai are useless at attacking too so its obvious when the game decides to they need a goal as they'll become untackleable.

I'm desperate for a middle ground as its just ruining the game at the moment.
It feels broken and/or unfinished.

Last edited:

On world class my defence seem to push up to the halfway line regardless of slider or tactics, meaning I'm constantly prone to through balls.
My attackers also keep dropping into midfield so when I do get the ball up, I'm usually on my own with my team refusing to make forward runs.

Professional is easier and my team actually do what I want. but I find the ai incapable of stopping my attacks. I'll end up with 15+ shots on goal with the game cheating by making the keepers impossible to beat and multiple deflections onto the post/bar.
The ai are useless at attacking too so its obvious when the game decides to they need a goal as they'll become untackleable.

Do you change the mentality of your team during the match? If you feel you need a more cautious approach try playing in ultra defensive or even park the bus.
You should also give higher defensive roles in the tactics screen to your players.

I don't use the D Pad tactics in a game as I feel like they're useless.

I don't think there is a way to push the defence any further back. Ive tried it on custom tactics by moving the sliders and they still push up on world class.

I also find that by increasing the defensive side (park the bus etc) it worsens my issues up front where I get no one making forward runs or supporting me.

I suppose I could constantly keep changing the left/right d pad setting but that seems a bit much. I wish the game would just provide the ai of pro difficulty for the human team vs the AI attacking of world class.

I'm sure you can't but in case I'm wrong... You can't do online guest play with Ultimate Team can you (only locally)?

Is the only way to play on the same team online* via Co Op Seasons? Is Co Op Seasons still in the game?

*Excluding Be A Pro etc.!

Manuel shooting is too hard for me :COAT:
QgMnMY1.jpg

:D Couldn't resist sorry, made me laugh!

Too hard for me too incidentally. Semi all the way for me.

Last edited:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I constantly have 7/8 shots on target to the CPU's 1, and either draw or lose the match due to outrageous misses or superhuman keepers. And I've tweaked sliders to compensate too.

Given how outrageously hard/stupid it is to defend using tactical defending against the CPU, I have to imagine EA just don't care re: single player. No one can have QA'd this and said, yeah there's Paul Konchesky leaving 2 defenders in his dust with an insta-turn, bursting into the area and finishing nicely past the keeper and thought 'nailed the realism'.

It's about making it a challenge - which it is - but they do it the best way they can - which makes the challenge less fun.

I'm caving and trying legacy defending. Have to get used to it, but seeing a pressuring teammate actually tackle someone is a thing of beauty. The fact thta the CPU plays completely differently is telling.

It must mean in the AI settings there's a 'switch' that basically says:
if 'tactical' = 1, then use insta-turn to dominate through dribbling with any player
if 'tactical' = 0, bugger, we have to actually pass the ball

I think fifa 15 is a big improvement over fifa 14, I would really enjoy it if it wasn't for one issue, pace.
Its overpowered, once u get past a defender he will never catch up, and ur dribbling the ball and he is still slower than you.
I have no problems players destroying defenders easily by pace without the ball, but atm even with decent speed once u get past a defender he will run even slower catching up to you and you run with the ball, its quite ridicilous tbh. They need to tone it down.

What is ur biggest issue?

Yeah I notice the ai can run faster than me when they have the ball. I've seen my players do the jogging run despite me holding sprint, which allows the ai to get to the loose ball first or pull away from me.

I'm guessing playing with the sliders could fix that though.

I don't use the D Pad tactics in a game as I feel like they're useless.

I don't think there is a way to push the defence any further back. Ive tried it on custom tactics by moving the sliders and they still push up on world class.

I also find that by increasing the defensive side (park the bus etc) it worsens my issues up front where I get no one making forward runs or supporting me.

I suppose I could constantly keep changing the left/right d pad setting but that seems a bit much. I wish the game would just provide the ai of pro difficulty for the human team vs the AI attacking of world class.

I think I should give that another try. If defaul tactics don´t cut it for you then choose custom tactic and then you can make them run more on counters. I have been playing around with that and I find them to make a huge diference.

I'm sure you can't but in case I'm wrong... You can't do online guest play with Ultimate Team can you (only locally)?

Is the only way to play on the same team online* via Co Op Seasons? Is Co Op Seasons still in the game?

*Excluding Be A Pro etc.!

QgMnMY1.jpg

:D Couldn't resist sorry, made me laugh!

Too hard for me too incidentally. Semi all the way for me.

:LOL:

The Ultimate Team servers are total shit.

Had it happen a few times at launch where I'd play a match and end up getting no coins added to my total (despite the stamina/contracts depleting), but tonight I won a league title and got a few thousand coins... Thought I'd buy a manager for my Ligue 1 side and try to buy one for around 1.5k... Greeted by a "Sorry, there was an error" or some bullshit message, but it took the coins and I received nothing.

Not in transfer targets, not in the club and the card is not even on the market any more.

Feel like getting in touch with their live chat support and just ranting at them until they give me a load of free packs. One of my friends did that because of some BF4 issues and got a free game (Mass Effect) and some in-game 'battlepacks'.

I don't even know why I'm playing this microtransaction infested pay-to-win bullshit game mode... It's just addictive for some reason.

Just bought FIFA 15 on Xbox One. Looking forward to playing a few online matches tonight!

What camera do people use? And do you modify it in any way?

I'm using the default camera at 0 and 20 and think it shows all i need to see (runners/defender placement) and looks great because you can see all the nice little touches, tackles, techniques and skills :)

Thats what i use

Back
Top Bottom