FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

After my anger at the FUT servers stealing my manager card last night but taking the coins, when I launched it just now, that card was ready to be assigned for my club :).

Also managed to get Matip, Olic and Lacina Traore super cheap, only about 700-800 coins each.

Got all gold Bundesliga and Ligue 1 sides already without spending any real money. Not really played it online yet as it will almost certainly just be pure pace and chip through ball abuse.

That's totally wrong. What EA did is removing the assists related to defending.They reduced or eliminated the auto tackling, making auto contain useful in holding up players in midfield and useless when spamming (relying on) it only. I like where they are heading.That makes defensive side of the game more of an art rather than pressure abuse.
The whole game comes together in a better way rather than any fifa before (I liked 14 NG)
*sorry for being positive ;)

While you are right about reducing auto-tackling, I have to disagree about AI not being bad and disproportional to new and improved attacking and dribbling.
This is what I'm talking about: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2966845&postcount=2991

Absolutely agree. Best FIFA yet, which I acknowledge isn't exactly an accolade given the rubbish served up by EA in recent years.

It's a semi-arcade game of football and I'm completely fine with that. Thinking FIFA (or PES) will be anything other than this is naive.

A bloody good semi-arcade game of football I might add. The ball physics are excellent and I think it's this that sold the demo to me. I like the feeling that anything can happen as the ball bobbles about and takes errant touches off players. The ball feels like a free entity and the game comes alive because of that.

The all-round package is so strong and the game is approachable and easy to live with. Loads of leagues, loads of stadia, lots of realistic and authentic touches. No need to piss about with option files/patches.

I'm also painfully aware that I could be in my dotage by the time Konami get their shit together and actually release a game that looks and feels modern. Thankfully FIFA is filling the void this year.

THIS!

I still don´t get it sorry guys.
Like Jamezinho and others said, this is the best Fifa ever! I´ve always avoid games like Fifa, even when PES was making horrible versions one after another until this year. I tested the demo and I got "woooow"! Not only the presentation is the best ever by miles, but the gameplay is soooo cool! I just love the passing, the shooting, the dribling, the defending also! Lots of people complain about defending but I hope EA won´t touch it, because it gives the game some dificulty and makes me think safe before I just put some attacking strategy and kill every single team on the way to glory... boring.
Another thing is no match is like the previous and that I+ve waited for so long in a game. Oh this Fifa is great and to me is even near perfection, with flaws in it yes. But people are just looking into small things and making them huge, like that bad 10% of the game is going to break the other great 90%. Not to me! for now, it just feels the best and most complete soccer game up to date.

AND THAT!

Usually I´m a hardcore PES fan and always loved PES´ gameplay more than FIFAS.

But the FIFA 15 demo made me buying the full version of this game (35 € for PC is not a bad deal) and I haven´t regret it.
Actually didn´t wanna (my last FIFA I bought for PC was FIFA 99 :LOL: ) but like I said: the demo made do it.

Actually all the things I didn´t like about FIFAS gameplay in the recent years, I can´t find them this year.
Gotta add, that I haven´t played many releases that much so far, only FIFA 09 (bought it for PS3 and disliked it quite soon because the gameplay made me feel like every match is the same), FIFA 12 and 13 a little.

But this year, animation, dribbling, ball physics, visuals, presentation, the details on the pitch (my player shoots a goal, cheers by sliding on the grass and leaves a mark on the pitch which stays there for the rest of the game! I was like WTF???) etc and every match feels different!

Started to play a manager carreer mode with TSV 1860 Munich (2nd Bundesliga division) and scouting players and all that stuff is a a lot of joy to me.
Not really a big thing as the naked ML from PES 2014 was the last I was playing.

And after a match I spend time on watching those replays which look damn fine, just like on TV and loving how the commentator´s audio comes in the mix to the music on a goal.
Too bad that you can´t skip through scenes like it used to be possible earlier.

The only thing which is quite a downer to me are the poor faces and player models.
Those arms, hardcore biceps anabolica whatever and I hardly find any face where I can say: "Yeah, looks like his original".

But apart from that: Great game!

Playing semi on slow speed and professional.

How the fuck do you defend on this game. It's so unbalanced it's unreal.

This is absolute bollocks. Just pass to a winger and sprint. They are literally uncatchable :((.

The unbalanced attack v defence is absolutely ridiculous. A game breaker for me. Unless EA patch the game I can't see me playing many matches. It's shocking.

Welcome to Fifa 15, Tim! :P

Try using Legacy defense, it´s the only way i can play this game right now. Ea really fucked up the game balance between offense and defense, in 14 it was amazing.

That's totally wrong. What EA did is removing the assists related to defending.They reduced or eliminated the auto tackling, making auto contain useful in holding up players in midfield and useless when spamming (relying on) it only. I like where they are heading.That makes defensive side of the game more of an art rather than pressure abuse.
The whole game comes together in a better way rather than any fifa before (I liked 14 NG)

You're right in the sense that the change isn't in AI, but in the tackling mechanics... but you go too far. Online (particularly in gamemodes that are more than 1v1) is still ruled by incredible pressure.

Sorry mate, but this game is not an art, it´s an arcade fest. The only people that complained about the called "auto tackle" were the online noobs that couldn´t drible the entire defense with messi or ronaldo. And, of course, EA only listen to them and they create this new game totally focusing on attack.

What you call "auto tackling" i call defender reaction or awareness, because THE DEFENDERS HAVE TO TRY TO TAKE THE BALL FROM THE ATTACKER WHEN THEY ARE CLOSE TO HIM and THEY HAVE TO TRY TO ANTECIPATE THE PASSES. None of these situations happens in Fifa 15 and the worse part is that the only way the AI attacks is exploring these two situation. They just keep the ball dribbling around, because no defender do nothing to take the ball away from them, until someone is out of position and they make two quick passes to someone wide open inside the box, of course no defender even tries to antecipate or cut these passes. I can say that 80% of the CPU goals are like this.

Does anyone like 14/15 version of Career modes Global transfer market? Imo it is a pain in the butt. Pre-14 version was much better.

Regarding gameplay: I like how AI plays long balls near my goal when loosing at the end of the match. Much better than 14. Ball physics is also improved.
I hate what they did to team management; it's a mess: things they have removed:
-player roles (dmf or cmf or omf)?!
-marking
-opponent formation and lineup
-quick changing of pre-set custom formations and settings during the match
-player numbers

They have somehow compensated by adding easy changing of player position and role and ability to change formations and tactics of all teams without "slots"

Sorry mate, but this game is not an art, it´s an arcade fest. The only people that complained about the called "auto tackle" were the online noobs that couldn´t drible the entire defense with messi or ronaldo. And, of course, EA only listen to them and they create this new game totally focusing on attack.

What you call "auto tackling" i call defender reaction or awareness, because THE DEFENDERS HAVE TO TRY TO TAKE THE BALL FROM THE ATTACKER WHEN THEY ARE CLOSE TO HIM and THEY HAVE TO TRY TO ANTECIPATE THE PASSES. None of these situations happens in Fifa 15 and the worse part is that the only way the AI attacks is exploring these two situation. They just keep the ball dribbling around, because no defender do nothing to take the ball away from them, until someone is out of position and they make two quick passes to someone wide open inside the box, of course no defender even tries to antecipate or cut these passes. I can say that 80% of the CPU goals are like this.

You mean awareness like that ?!
Carter from Northampton

Or Mangala here trying to stop a lofted through ball !

Is it me or did they remove RT/R1 shielding this year? In 14 it was one of my favorite ways to retain possession, but now everytime I try it I get dispossessed.

You mean awareness like that ?!
Carter from Northampton

Or Mangala here trying to stop a lofted through ball !

A handball is a defende awareness?

You can make videos with hundreds of defenders cutting passes and attempting tackles, however their success ratio in the game is ridiculously low. On all the online games i played a through ball is almost unstopable because the defender does nothing to stop it. I don't expect that the defender is perfect in every game, but at least their success ratio for tackling or antecipation should be higher than 70%.

Is it me or did they remove RT/R1 shielding this year? In 14 it was one of my favorite ways to retain possession, but now everytime I try it I get dispossessed.
It's there ,the jockey button

2nd one rather looks like a shot to me than a lofted through ball.

Nice though!
It was good,but a handball.It's weird that I haven't seen a single handball being called.

A handball is a defende awareness?

You can make videos with hundreds of defenders cutting passes and attempting tackles, however their success ratio in the game is ridiculously low. On all the online games i played a through ball is almost unstopable because the defender does nothing to stop it. I don't expect that the defender is perfect in every game, but at least their success ratio for tackling or antecipation should be higher than 70%.
Did you come up with those stats or something?! You know what I'm going back to playing the game. :COAT:

In previous FIFAs it was almost as if defenders had about a 1m radius in all directions where they would automatically make perfectly timed tackles or make interceptions with flawless ball control. This closed off loads of passing options and meant you could tackle a dribbling opponent by simply putting your defender in the vicinity of the player.

It definitely needed some toning down of that to make defending more skill based and engaging, but I think they went too far and the physics/controls for off the ball movement feel very strange.

It's there ,the jockey button

It was good,but a handball.It's weird that I haven't seen a single handball being called.

Did you come up with those stats or something?! You know what I'm going back to playing the game. :COAT:

I expect those numbers from any Premier League team! :SMUG:

I also like the direction EA took with changes to defending, but the current system isn't quite what it needs to be to stand up to the excellent and robust attacking side of the game.

Honestly, even though one-on-one defending doesn't feel well-balanced to me, I could deal with the current mechanics if the defensive AI was good enough. But it isn't.

Online, 80-90% of the goals I concede are a result of moves that take my opponent 3 or less passes to achieve. Often they are the result of a long pass to a striker, who often is off the screen so I cannot manually defend the pass, who then sprints to goal for an easy chance. I'm new to online play, and I'll admit that I can certainly be better at defending these situations, but my inexperience defending against these exploits doesn't make it any less true that these are exploits that have no grounding in realistic football.

Meanwhile offline, the deficiencies in threat detection, run tracking, marking, tactical discipline, and player positioning lead to easy attacking play, chances, and goals - both for you and the CPU. That's not to say I haven't had some great single-player matches - I have, such as a handful of Arsenal vs Man City matches yesterday that were (mostly) fantastic - but these issues are real and impactful.

Some wave these issues off as little "niggles," and some say these are to be expected from an "arcade" game. I don't buy that. These issues are simply poor programming, and for a game that is marketed as a sim, and coming from a dev team that brought the franchise out of the wilderness of its arcade past into a much more realistic direction since 07/08, the final product for me is not so much an excellent arcade game but an imbalanced sim.

Last edited:

Well said

I am not saying its the solution, but in some odd way, FIFA 15 is a more defensive game for me... because I really have to concentrate. Once again, not saying its not broken or exceptionally flawed. BUT - I am extremely engaged trying to keep the shape of the team and cut off lanes.

also, "Spring-Jockey" has been very useful.

got this advice else where but it is true if not completely obvious. while you are always trying to pressure and get the ball back, you need to really get after it in the final third. and with in the penalty box area you are really in last ditch effort territory.

THIS!

AND THAT!

Usually I´m a hardcore PES fan and always loved PES´ gameplay more than FIFAS.

But the FIFA 15 demo made me buying the full version of this game (35 € for PC is not a bad deal) and I haven´t regret it.
Actually didn´t wanna (my last FIFA I bought for PC was FIFA 99 :LOL: ) but like I said: the demo made do it.

Actually all the things I didn´t like about FIFAS gameplay in the recent years, I can´t find them this year.
Gotta add, that I haven´t played many releases that much so far, only FIFA 09 (bought it for PS3 and disliked it quite soon because the gameplay made me feel like every match is the same), FIFA 12 and 13 a little.

But this year, animation, dribbling, ball physics, visuals, presentation, the details on the pitch (my player shoots a goal, cheers by sliding on the grass and leaves a mark on the pitch which stays there for the rest of the game! I was like WTF???) etc and every match feels different!

Started to play a manager carreer mode with TSV 1860 Munich (2nd Bundesliga division) and scouting players and all that stuff is a a lot of joy to me.
Not really a big thing as the naked ML from PES 2014 was the last I was playing.

And after a match I spend time on watching those replays which look damn fine, just like on TV and loving how the commentator´s audio comes in the mix to the music on a goal.
Too bad that you can´t skip through scenes like it used to be possible earlier.

The only thing which is quite a downer to me are the poor faces and player models.
Those arms, hardcore biceps anabolica whatever and I hardly find any face where I can say: "Yeah, looks like his original".

But apart from that: Great game!

Playing semi on slow speed and professional.

Agree with all of the positive views above. This year's Fifa came as a surprise for me to be honest. By far the best Fifa I have ever played. Maybe there are flaws in the game but I play on full manual and mainly offline on CM. I do take advantage of the sliders to tweak the game to my preferences and I haven't jumped to WC or legendary right away (I play on professional. So far positives are way way more than negatives.

Its a good game and with sliders you can fix most problems, but speed problem still exist. Defenders need to be a bit faster..
We need some editor that can globaly edit stats, to change CB speed and acceleration by 5-15 imo.

There is a fundamental difference to defending against humans (online or in person) and defending against the CPU.

I'm totally fine defending against real people, the system is great and a huge improvement.

But it's utterly nerfed against the CPU. The advantages the CPU gives itself make it a bit of a joke. As I've posted before, I'm blown away it got through QA. The CPU doesn't abide by the physics engine when it has the ball. They can stop and turn instantly, and just abuse this to 'shake' defenders.

Anyway, my point is that if you're commenting on defending being fine and you only play online - you're right - but it doesn't mean us offline/CM folk are wrong.

I've never said the offline players were wrong. I said I wasn't seeing the issue with it. I said quite a few times I was on about online. Some still had hissy fits at me though. They then went on to play it online and sort of understood where I was coming from. Anyway, nobody else's opinion matters but our own does it? Enjoy the game and play it. If you don't enjoy it, don't play it.

yeah i am kind of in the same boat i was losing most CM matches with some draws but i mainly disliked the flick and back heels the AI was doing with the poorer premiership teams.

I have now switched back to default sliders on pro mode and just changed Accel and Sprint to Me: 46 Accel 46 Sprint and AI 47 Accel and 47 Sprint with a few to alter some more to in the AI favour..the first game i had was a joy

What else have you changed? And have you managed to improve the AI's offensive skills on pro?

I'm in a pickle whether to stick with pro and make things harder for me via sliders/manual or go to world class and make things harder for the AI and stick with assisted controls...

What else have you changed? And have you managed to improve the AI's offensive skills on pro?

I'm in a pickle whether to stick with pro and make things harder for me via sliders/manual or go to world class and make things harder for the AI and stick with assisted controls...

i havent adjusted anything else yet, i had a good game just altering the speed and noticed it particularly at the back end of the game as i was forced to make subs as the AI was getting past some of my tired players but you can always try and reduce the AI shot error and reduce its passing error - try 30 for shot error and 40 for pass error..maybe increase your first touch error too..i also play full manual and just offline..originally i tried using sliders to reduce my slider error on wc mode and also increased the ai's error but it was still a bit over the top for my liking with the flicks and stuff

There are differences between PC and Konsole except Graphics?

Is Gameplay on PC the same as in the Console Versions?

having played about 10 matches of the full game on ps4 i can say i really like it.
Sure there are flaws. Yes, defending is not easy at all.
But this game does so many things right.

I agree with what one of the other guys said : when i play this game i want to be completely immersed in the game world.
I'm 45 yrs old and have played just about every footie game every released and come to think of it i have owned most consoles as well.

Having 2 kids now gives me less time for gaming. Maybe that makes me less demanding.
I was a PES player until pes6. Patched the hell out of that one and loved it, especially the classic patches. Those patches gave the game some soul that it lacked out of the box.

Yes, pes gameplay was Always king.....WAS.
I tried the PES demo and while not bad i prefer FIFA. I can never go back to Merseyside red.

As frustrating as defending can be sometimes i do love this game. No easy wins for me, i have to fight and fight every game for the win.

Damn, am i glad i bought a ps4!!! (although the misses does think differenlty, but what does she know)

having played about 10 matches of the full game on ps4 i can say i really like it.

I agree with what one of the other guys said : when i play this game i want to be completely immersed in the game world.
I'm 45 yrs old and have played just about every footie game every released and come to think of it i have owned most consoles as well.

Having 2 kids now gives me less time for gaming. Maybe that makes me less demanding.
I was a PES player until pes6. Patched the hell out of that one and loved it, especially the classic patches. Those patches gave the game some soul that it lacked out of the box.

I tried the PES demo and while not bad i prefer FIFA. I can never go back to Merseyside red.

As frustrating as defending can be sometimes i do love this game. No easy wins for me, i have to fight and fight every game for the win.

Damn, am i glad i bought a ps4!!! (although the misses does think differenlty, but what does she know)

I´m on the same boat here. Not much time to play but damn, this game is making me counting my hours until I get back home and have some spare time to enjoy it, something it didn´t happen in 4 or more years with other footie games.

Just bought it and first thing I did was a custom International cup, to get used to the game mechanics. In about 8 matches, I saw everything. A big defeat against Spain, an unusual defeat against South Africa, a 5-1 win against Romania and a tense decisive match against Poland, wich I lost 1-0 but completly dominated, with so many "oooooh" moments while looking for the goal that would give me a place on the next fase.

All in all, amazing game! Too bad I´m on PC and its not quite the most top end pc. Plays good enough but I keep thinking I should buy a damn console to fully enjoy this beast.

Glad to find some one my age ;). Same here, I enjoy the game although I don't have much time to play it and guess what, just bought PS4 too for NG fifa/PES games and glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom