FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I've never said the offline players were wrong. I said I wasn't seeing the issue with it. I said quite a few times I was on about online. Some still had hissy fits at me though. They then went on to play it online and sort of understood where I was coming from. Anyway, nobody else's opinion matters but our own does it? Enjoy the game and play it. If you don't enjoy it, don't play it.

The only major difference when it comes to defense between multiplayer/single-player is that you can't go the length of the pitch in multiplayer without a defender attempting a tackle like you can against the CPU this year. If anything, high pressure tactics are still the norm online.

All the other AI issues are readily apparent in multiplayer, even if they can be somewhat minimized when you know what the exploits are.

On the other hand, the CPU doesn't base its tactics around exploiting the games flaws like many online do.

You can be immature and dismissive, and call these hissy fits, but they are valid criticisms that plenty of people have, here and elsewhere.

And I think we all learned some time ago that we can find ways to enjoy these games, to varying degrees, while also throwing hissy fits. It's kinda what we do.

Last edited:
having played about 10 matches of the full game on ps4 i can say i really like it.
Sure there are flaws. Yes, defending is not easy at all.
But this game does so many things right.

I agree with what one of the other guys said : when i play this game i want to be completely immersed in the game world.
I'm 45 yrs old and have played just about every footie game every released and come to think of it i have owned most consoles as well.

Having 2 kids now gives me less time for gaming. Maybe that makes me less demanding.
I was a PES player until pes6. Patched the hell out of that one and loved it, especially the classic patches. Those patches gave the game some soul that it lacked out of the box.

Yes, pes gameplay was Always king.....WAS.
I tried the PES demo and while not bad i prefer FIFA. I can never go back to Merseyside red.

As frustrating as defending can be sometimes i do love this game. No easy wins for me, i have to fight and fight every game for the win.

Damn, am i glad i bought a ps4!!! (although the misses does think differenlty, but what does she know)

I feel exactly the same, this game has taken the right direction where timing is required especially in defense to differentiate between human players, Iv started to understand how it all works and have not problem defending against thru ball spammers as well as getting by against people that pressure u a lot, this game punishes you if your player gets out of position, EA deserve credit where it's due, also good to hear someone else out there appreciates this game around my age, I thought I was the only old bloke here I'm 43.

having played about 10 matches of the full game on ps4 i can say i really like it.
Sure there are flaws. Yes, defending is not easy at all.
But this game does so many things right.

I agree with what one of the other guys said : when i play this game i want to be completely immersed in the game world.
I'm 45 yrs old and have played just about every footie game every released and come to think of it i have owned most consoles as well.

Having 2 kids now gives me less time for gaming. Maybe that makes me less demanding.
I was a PES player until pes6. Patched the hell out of that one and loved it, especially the classic patches. Those patches gave the game some soul that it lacked out of the box.

Yes, pes gameplay was Always king.....WAS.
I tried the PES demo and while not bad i prefer FIFA. I can never go back to Merseyside red.

As frustrating as defending can be sometimes i do love this game. No easy wins for me, i have to fight and fight every game for the win.

Damn, am i glad i bought a ps4!!! (although the misses does think differenlty, but what does she know)

Same age, same thoughts exactly. First year ever I've really enjoyed FIFA. It's the complete package and while far from perfect, the football on the field has that little something this year that keeps me coming back.

Nice to hear that some fellow oldies are enjoying the game.

I started a BPL yesterday with Man United. First game at home against Swansea City. I had most posession and a lot lot of shots, however no goal.
Missed some very very easy one which made me think i have to lower the keepers slider. In the end i had to watch out for the counter, almost lost the game because of it. Ended in a 0-0 draw.

All in all very realistic, makes me want to play more and more.
Can't remember having a 0-0 draw in recent years, Always got a goal in.

Still playing on pro level. On FIFA 14 / ps3 that made me win almost all of my games, but not on this one.
Pro is challenging enough for me.

I posted this in the sliders section, but in case there are those of you that haven't been there, this video explains a lot of my observations of how this game runs. I think it's beneficial to understand what the game is doing on default - which is frankly not good. Thankfully FIFA hasn't gotten rid of sliders....phew.

YouTube - FIFA 15 Sliders Breakdown - Feel the Realism

I posted this in the sliders section, but in case there are those of you that haven't been there, this video explains a lot of my observations of how this game runs. I think it's beneficial to understand what the game is doing on default - which is frankly not good. Thankfully FIFA hasn't gotten rid of sliders....phew.

Looks really intresting. Can you post i youtube clip of a match you play with these settings?

Am struggling so much with defending in this game on online matches. Any tips? It's too hard.

Can't tackle half the time when a speed merchant breaks into my defence and of its not that. Then my defenders make stupid mistakes themselves by either tripping over or being out of position.

Shooting is difficult to. Either that or the gk are super human

Am struggling so much with defending in this game on online matches. Any tips? It's too hard.

Can't tackle half the time when a speed merchant breaks into my defence and of its not that. Then my defenders make stupid mistakes themselves by either tripping over or being out of position.

Shooting is difficult to. Either that or the gk are super human

Read back through the thread. Plenty have given some tips to help.

Nice to hear that some fellow oldies are enjoying the game.

I started a BPL yesterday with Man United. First game at home against Swansea City. I had most posession and a lot lot of shots, however no goal.
Missed some very very easy one which made me think i have to lower the keepers slider. In the end i had to watch out for the counter, almost lost the game because of it. Ended in a 0-0 draw.

All in all very realistic, makes me want to play more and more.
Can't remember having a 0-0 draw in recent years, Always got a goal in.

Still playing on pro level. On FIFA 14 / ps3 that made me win almost all of my games, but not on this one.
Pro is challenging enough for me.

Same here!
Got kids and not much time to play but if I have it´s hard to stop. 39 here :).
Pro is challenging enough for me as well.

Haven´t touched the sliders yet.
What setting did you use on the keepers slider?

Great!
I´ve been waiting for this. Can´t view the video here.
I´m in Germany and in the office proxys don´t work.

Does anyone know whether this is gonna work with an existing career mode (coach) or is it necessary to start a new one?

Last edited:

For now I only changed the pass error and first touch for CPU, to decrease the % of pass completion for all teams. The rest I feel fine with it, having a good challenge in all matches.

Some matches are balanced, a couple ones really hard and about one very easy so far, wich I won 5-1. It really looked like they went down on morale after the first goal. Its all so unpredictable... I can´t stop!!

Last edited:
Same here!
Got kids and not much time to play but if I have it´s hard to stop. 39 here :).
Pro is challenging enough for me as well.

Haven´t touched the sliders yet.
What setting did you use on the keepers slider?

haven't changed it yet. Will do it next game. I read some people put it all the way back to 25.

is there a button to press when receiving a pass to control the ball or do player stats dictate how well it's controlled?

Where are your sliders, Placebo????? You are my last hope to make this game playable!!! :P

I am not sure if Placebo cares about sliders that much this year - he has been converted to the PC mods, you can mess with sliders all you want but it will never be as good as a decent gameplay mod.

Whats the Deal with the yellow EA ball becoming the default one on my BPL career? Dont they have the yellow Premier league one licensed?

is there a button to press when receiving a pass to control the ball or do player stats dictate how well it's controlled?

LT/L2 (Protect the ball) might help. It's been debated for years now whether this actually improves first touch, or if it's the second touch that it affects.

I often do it when I need to control in tight spices, but I'm not 100% that it actually improves a player's trapping ability. That'd be the only option though.

Last edited:
I am not sure if Placebo cares about sliders that much this year - he has been converted to the PC mods, you can mess with sliders all you want but it will never be as good as a decent gameplay mod.

:(

So fuck it, will have to sell that crap!

LT/L2 (Protect the ball) might help. It's been debated for years now whether this actually improves first touch, or if it's the second touch that it affects.

I often do it when I need to control in tight spices, but I'm not 100% that it actually improves a player's trapping ability. That'd be the only option though.

Yeah I thought L2 had been mentioned before but I don't see it making any difference tbh

Is it just me or is Barcelona complete shit in this game? (offline)

Ive played against Real Madrid twice, lost 1:0 and won 2:1

Against Barcelona I won 5:1 and 3:0.. they are shit, their line is sooooo far up the pitch and their defenders are so slow, and they can't jump.

The fun in this has left me already.

Tried sliders, even tried FUT, but it just doesn't excite me that much.

Not even at Second transfer window in single player. Its just as dull as dishwater.

Back
Top Bottom