FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Anyone been playing the PS3 version? Any good - apart from the ropey graphics?

its good - game play seems to be similar (that i can tell) to next gen. though i believe the goalies and emotions are different.

i am a career mode junkie and they got one thing right and one not so right. first, old people are good! age decline seems to be fixed.

however, transfers are still too easy.

dribbling is insane, defense is impossible.

Well well well

Played this today (my sons version) and tweaked the sliders to one of the ones in the sliders thread.

Very enjoyable. I wrote this off too early. Really good game.

Just wish the AI would shoot more. Still try and get to byline too often

Last edited:
You will always get absolute prats playing the game. They are avoidable by playing manual games. Well you will probably get the odd idiot but most of those games are very good. I played one assisted game the other day and it was 5-4. Absolute joke of a game and I hate it with a passion. Thankfully I avoid games like that the majority of the time.

Unfortunately, we can't ignore the reality of what the game is like on default settings. Where the defensive situation may be half way okay on manual, it most certainly isn't against the quite hilariously arcade passing that FIFA 15 seems to support.

There seems to be some great work being put into gameplay modding on Soccer Gaming. Doesn't help for online of course but I may give it a go for a Career mode.

Game is excellent, best Fifa yet.

Started an FA cup tournament on world class, no slider changes and all manual controls.

Tough draw for me, man utd, so far results are:

Utd 1-0 Chelsea
Utd 1-0 Everton
Utd 1-1 Spurs

Off to white hart lane now for replay to get the chance to play Norwich or west ham in the quarters.

Not sure where you guys are getting the high scoring games from!

Last edited:
You will always get absolute prats playing the game. They are avoidable by playing manual games. Well you will probably get the odd idiot but most of those games are very good. I played one assisted game the other day and it was 5-4. Absolute joke of a game and I hate it with a passion. Thankfully I avoid games like that the majority of the time.

Agreed.

Pu6hy, we should play a manual friendly season if you are up for it.

Ps4?

Agreed.

Pu6hy, we should play a manual friendly season if you are up for it.

Ps4?

I was PS4 but moved to XB1 about 6 months ago due to my ex buying our kids an XB1 up her house. I decided to switch over so we can gameshare and keep the costs down in the long run.

Unfortunately, we can't ignore the reality of what the game is like on default settings. Where the defensive situation may be half way okay on manual, it most certainly isn't against the quite hilariously arcade passing that FIFA 15 seems to support.

I used to play with sliders too in Fifa 13, but this year I won´t mess much with them. First of all, its a never ending cycle. I can see already most of the famous slider enthusiasts spending the whole year trying to get to the sweet spot. Second of all, I think this is the best Fifa ever out of the box. Sliders might help with certain things, but to me, they also screw up something else. Its actually a half full half empty discussion so I´m going to stay with almost everything default.

Just decreased Sprint speed and first touch for both CPU and user and thats it.

About the rest, I already convinced myself that this game is hard as hell to defend, but I love it that way because I´m starting to make success with a patient, veeeerryy patient approach instead of pressing and run all the time. Just decreased sprint overall because game was playing to fast on my PC, faster then what I see in most console videos of gameplay.

Haven't been much of a fan of manual these recent years but I might try to get back into it for online purposes. I imagine it'd eliminate most if not all of the exploits I see.

How long do you have to wait for matches?

Also, how does online controller settings work for match making purposes? What happens if you go manual for one setting, but semi or assisted for others?

That's a good point I haven't tried searching for an all manual Seasons game online. But as per previous post, how long is the wait? I'd imagine it could take hours to find someone wanting to play a competitive game online all manual!

People used to complain about previous editions... for some, game wash to hard but for the majority game was to easy after a while. Now the´ve done the right stuff, there´s a dificulty for anyone but people still complain.

Pro is a good level to start until it gets too easy, then World Class is the way to go. Legendary is just a cheat mode and only masoquists should play it. Its still a choice though, and although I think Legendary is a big challenge, I see the CPU making the impossible to win matches. World Class is sutpid enough already, but generaly it makes a balanced challenge and if we play good, we have a chance to win the match.

I agree about legendary you have to expect the computer so called cheating but for this game especially it seems so much worse than before.If I could just get some variation in the play CPU play with different teams I will be more than happy but at the minute playing millwall and they pass they ball short around at 100mph doing 20 passes before scoring feels like the games winding you up

Just played a Manual seasons match online!

Liverpool 1-0 ARSENAL

Very good game! He was a decent player I could tell. Feels nice to be beaten by the better player on the day, not by who exploited the most cheats in the game. Was quite an even game, think I had 7 shot to his 5, and I ended up with slightly more possession. I did have a lot of the ball but couldn't create much.

Defending was much better too. To be fair that's come from me playing more matches offline too and getting to know the game more and getting used to playing FIFA again. I was patient, stayed on my feet and timed my tackles.

Online all manual is definitely the way to go!

:DD

Haven't been much of a fan of manual these recent years but I might try to get back into it for online purposes. I imagine it'd eliminate most if not all of the exploits I see.

How long do you have to wait for matches?

Also, how does online controller settings work for match making purposes? What happens if you go manual for one setting, but semi or assisted for others?

Twice I haven't found a game. Sometimes I've had to search 2 or 3 times. That takes about a minute or so. It's worth the extra few seconds wait.
It's full manual though. You just change the search criteria. There's a semi-assisted option too but I haven't tried that so cant answer how long that takes.

Just played a Manual seasons match online!

Liverpool 1-0 ARSENAL

Very good game! He was a decent player I could tell. Feels nice to be beaten by the better player on the day, not by who exploited the most cheats in the game. Was quite an even game, think I had 7 shot to his 5, and I ended up with slightly more possession. I did have a lot of the ball but couldn't create much.

Defending was much better too. To be fair that's come from me playing more matches offline too and getting to know the game more and getting used to playing FIFA again. I was patient, stayed on my feet and timed my tackles.

Online all manual is definitely the way to go!

:DD

It's quality isn't it? Didn't take you long to search then. Most games I've played have been manual and I haven't really had a problem finding games at all.

That game was found first time! Now playing another, searched once but didn't find anyone. Searched again and got on straight away:

SOUTHAMPTON v Everton

Lost 2-1 but another good game, very tight.

Last edited:
It was the same in the last couple of fifas, I have had some of the best games of football ever with online season fully Manual.

Unfortunately at work we have a PS4 and Fifa 14 (soon to get Fifa 15) but they all play fully assisted, so I have been playing assisted for the last year (otherwise It is too frustrating losing everytime)

If I ever get a PS4 of my own I will definitely retrain myself on Manual.

Well well well

Played this today (my sons version) and tweaked the sliders to one of the ones in the sliders thread.

Very enjoyable. I wrote this off too early. Really good game.

Just wish the AI would shoot more. Still try and get to byline too often

Yea, I did the same in the beginning. Then took Jamezinho's and stuck with it. I only play offline against the CPU and it's the best FIFA yet for me. I actually like the defending, which seems odd as there seems to be a lot of complaints about it. There's an addictive quality about this years FIFA that I haven't experienced before with the series. Can't put my finger on what it is though.:THINK:

Last edited:
There's an addictive quality about this years FIFA that I haven't experienced before with the series. Can't put my finger on what it is though.:THINK:
Very much an addictive quality as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to getting a few games in whenever I can. There's a variety in the gameplay that I haven't seen from a FIFA before now. Lots of different types of goals and build up play from both me and the CPU. The ball physics and the way the players interact with the ball gives an 'anything is possible' feel to the gameplay. Keeps every match fresh and interesting. I even quite like the defending (then again I'm a legacy noob). It punishes sloppiness.

At this stage post-release I usually feel as though FIFA has shown me its hand already whereas this year I'm continuing to see new things. It kind of feels like the game has some of the hallmarks of a classic PES....the 'one more game' factor.

Yea, I did the same in the beginning. Then took Jamezinho's and stuck with it. I only play offline against the CPU and it's the best FIFA yet for me. I actually like the defending, which seems odd as there seems to be a lot of complaints about it. There's an addictive quality about this years FIFA that I haven't experienced before with the series. Can't put my finger on what it is though.:THINK:

Im a PES fan and will always try it even though I know that based on the last 6 versions its gonna be rubbish. Im really impressed with PES this year but EA have made a gem with FIFA15 - I take back everything I said about it.
Ive never really understood what ball physics mean really but in FIFA15 I know exactly what it means. You shank a shot and the way the ball spins and bounces out of play is great. Using the sliders Ive really slowed this game down which is the way I like it. That way the slow players are running through custard and the fast players are still fast they aint silly fast.
My biggest problem is that I do what I probably shouldnt and try and play both games the same. They play much differently.
The only gripe I have re FIFA is that id like to see the AI shoot from distance a bit more.
Ill still get PES and hopefully we have two good games but games that need to be played differently.

I am not sure if Placebo cares about sliders that much this year - he has been converted to the PC mods, you can mess with sliders all you want but it will never be as good as a decent gameplay mod.

LOL well tbh it's more to do with bad timing, Fifa came out as we were in the midst of buying the new summerhouse and then the PC problems arose which resulted in two fresh windows installs + all the usual app re-installations that take a long time :)

Two things that have never happened for me before:

1..Ron Vlaar decided he wanted to leave the club. I was going to try and persuade him not to with a new contract but decided that If I did have to sell him I wanted at least £10 million for him. Well before I could do anything, the board sold him for a measly £4.7 million with zero input from me. Has this been in past Fifa's? I was fuming lol.

It's been in the last 2 Fifas at least, the worst part is the typical shitty EA programming/game testing that you could be in negotiations to sell the player for a decent amount and then get the message anyway saying he's been sold for a pittance, the key is definitely to start upping your amount of saves as soon as the board say someone needs to be sold so you can go back if EA's abysmal programming kicks in.

Very much an addictive quality as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to getting a few games in whenever I can. There's a variety in the gameplay that I haven't seen from a FIFA before now. Lots of different types of goals and build up play from both me and the CPU. The ball physics and the way the players interact with the ball gives an 'anything is possible' feel to the gameplay. Keeps every match fresh and interesting. I even quite like the defending (then again I'm a legacy noob). It punishes sloppiness.

At this stage post-release I usually feel as though FIFA has shown me its hand already whereas this year I'm continuing to see new things. It kind of feels like the game has some of the hallmarks of a classic PES....the 'one more game' factor.

I´m a legacy noob myself but once a while I get back to tactical to see if I can manage... Thing is tactical defending is great, because using just the contain button your player follows the opponent, covering instead of rushing in, wich in this Fifa is a great way to defend, but when I want to actually tackle, I strugle to press the right buttons and still be aware of the other CPU runs, its a bit hard.

Do the individual instructions (i.e telling DM's to stay back when the team attacks) work in UT and CM modes, as they don't seem to work during exhibition games

Tim, which sliders do you use ?
That video is from online match, full manual controls, which is pretty much all I'll play now. But if I play offline I'll use Matt10's sliders.

Do the individual instructions (i.e telling DM's to stay back when the team attacks) work in UT and CM modes, as they don't seem to work during exhibition games
I've found individual instructions to be very good. Often the difference between defeat and win. That's in offline career games and online seasons games. Even just telling one or both fullbacks to overlap works really well. Especially when I play as Man Utd as I have Di Maria cutting in one flank and Mata cutting in from the other so leaves plenty of space for the fullbacks to exploit and push the opponents back.

Often I'll tell my CDMs to stay back but they'll still bomb up the pitch very often... I tend to just put my team on "ultra defensive" from the first minute regardless of the opposition as you can still make stuff happen going forward but it makes your team much less susceptible to counters.

The normal setting is suicidal online - if your opponent clears away a corner then often they have a 2v2 situation at the heart of your defence.

Back
Top Bottom