FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

https://gfycat.com/ForcefulMistyJerboa

Someone posted this in reddit. A great example of the pace abuse going on online. Get the ball to fast player, sprint around defense, easy chance on goal.

ForcefulMistyJerboa.gif

The way the guy chased him down was dumb though. He should have run close to the goal area to cut off the space, not towards the touch line.

Sometimes it does take ages to find a Manual Seasons match online. Been waiting 11 mins now...

Never had to wait that long. I would rather wait those 11 minutes than have to endure a game against an assisted player though. You do get some decent players on assisted but the majority are a button mashing mess and I hate the game played that way.

Ok so here´s the thing. I love legacy defending and tactical for diferent reasons. But at the same time, they seem to lack something, or maybe I don´t play as I should.
With tactical defending, I´m able to contain in a very effective way, but If I wan´t to get closer to the ball carrier, and try to tackle, I have to do it manually? I can´t ever do it so I always have to call a second player to do it for myself.
In the other hand, legacy mode allows me to press the ball carrier imediatly but if I just want to contain in a distance, while waiting for support, I just can´t... Or is there a way I don´t know?

What do you guys do? It would be wonderfull to have both options but I just can´t get to it!

Try jockey press. You hold the jockey and press buttons at the same time. On Xbox it's A+LT.

Never had to wait that long. I would rather wait those 11 minutes than have to endure a game against an assisted player though. You do get some decent players on assisted but the majority are a button mashing mess and I hate the game played that way.

Completely agree!

I'm up to Division 9 now which, in terms of number of players, is the biggest division. So hopefully shouldn't have too much problem finding matches.

The way the guy chased him down was dumb though. He should have run close to the goal area to cut off the space, not towards the touch line.

Yes, he could have played it better. The point isn't that you can't sometimes defend against these tactics; the point is that it's very easy to create goal scoring opportunities through cheap tactics that require little skill but requires the defender to be near perfect.

Chance creations such as these and explained elsewhere are extremely easy to create but insanely difficult to defend against. It's a massive imbalance and terribly unrealistic.

Completely agree!

I'm up to Division 9 now which, in terms of number of players, is the biggest division. So hopefully shouldn't have too much problem finding matches.

Im Div 6 (FUT) the games are so hard its nail biting(low scoring mostly ,occasional draws)...getting games are many depending the hrs though.

Yes, he could have played it better. The point isn't that you can't sometimes defend against these tactics; the point is that it's very easy to create goal scoring opportunities through cheap tactics that require little skill but requires the defender to be near perfect.

Chance creations such as these and explained elsewhere are extremely easy to create but insanely difficult to defend against. It's a massive imbalance and terribly unrealistic.
Its annoying as hell when you try to play a good game playing around for space and openings and the other player is hell bent on pressurising and pumping balls to the wingers or strikers ASAP.

The worst Fifa ever since 08. Online = joke. Sprint sprint and sprint .Shooting= random . Gooden goals 45'90, momentum etc Right now Fifa is typical arcade game. Fifa 09> Fifa 15 :) im online player. Keepers random etc Players models ? Terrible.... Sorry

Last edited:
The worst Fifa ever since 08. Online = joke. Sprint sprint and sprint .Shooting= random . Gooden goals 45'90, momentum etc Right now Fifa is typical arcade game. Fifa 09> Fifa 15 :) im online player. Keepers random etc Players models ? Terrible.... Sorry

cant speak for online but from a single player pov your post is complete rubbish..

cant speak for online but from a single player pov your post is complete rubbish..

Rubbish? Not at all

Hell why do you think people are flaffing around with sliders?

Also momentum and scripting is much worse offline.

I am all for being a fan of a series but blind loyalty is just going to hurt you and EA as it already is with FIFA15

He's talking rubbish about the online game I'm playing aswell as far as I'm concerned.

It's not blind loyalty either. I'm too old for all that crap and frankly I find those comments childish. If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't play it. I hate assisted settings as the game is a farce played that way so I don't play it that way. Why would I play a game I don't like? I don't like PES. I play the football I want on FIFA and the game flows nicely unlike the juddery mess of PES (my opinion, not everyone's) so I don't play it. I think it's a poor game and that's that. I like FIFA again this year. I enjoy the overall experience more. Playing with my sons. Co op and clubs with mates. It caters for me but the way I play the game, it is far from a mess online and I still do not have an issue with the defending. Even if I go 1 on 1 with the attacker, I tend to read them pretty well.

People used to moan that slow defenders caught up with quick attackers too easily. Now the quick players run faster, there's still moaning. Some people are never happy and moan for moanings sake. Just like my ex wife. The ball isn't a magnet which you have to home in on, defend the space snd have patience. I played my mate yesterday and he's a tricky bugger but he just said I was defending great against him as I don't dive in like most people do. It's pretty simple in my opinion. Patience. Defend the space. Jockey and timing. Think they've done a decent job of it myself. You won't find me moaning about that side of things. It's the player on the end of the controller in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm an offline player, using Matt's sliders, have taken the jump to world class, longer halves, and it is the most fun I've had in a football game, by quite some distance. It is nothing short of sensational.

Player individuality is shining through like the PES glory days. Quintero, what a player in the hole!

I have no inclination at all for the online speedfest, which resembles an ice-hockey sim. That isn't football.

Now can you use tweaked sliders online? If so this has real potential for a manual league etc.

This game is excellent offline and I've not had to do much messing about with sliders. Pro difficulty with a few tweaks is a lot of fun. Best football game since PES2011 I think.

I've been waiting for about 10 minutes and still haven't found a game. This is my first time trying to find a manual seasons game this year. Never really had an issue before.

Generally I find the matchmaking experience to have worsened. Playing as Arsenal, I am constantly picked against far better teams with PSG, Chelsea and City most common. You'd expect a little more variation, sometimes getting teams that are worse than your own, but that seems to have gone.

It feels like, for whatever reason, the pool of people I'm searching against is much narrower than before, which would certainly explain how I can't find a manual game on a Saturday morning. I'm pretty sure I was able to find manual games all the time nearly immediately last year :/

He's talking rubbish about the online game I'm playing aswell as far as I'm concerned.

It's not blind loyalty either. I'm too old for all that crap and frankly I find those comments childish. If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't play it. I hate assisted settings as the game is a farce played that way so I don't play it that way. Why would I play a game I don't like? I don't like PES. I play the football I want on FIFA and the game flows nicely unlike the juddery mess of PES (my opinion, not everyone's) so I don't play it. I think it's a poor game and that's that. I like FIFA again this year. I enjoy the overall experience more. Playing with my sons. Co op and clubs with mates. It caters for me but the way I play the game, it is far from a mess online and I still do not have an issue with the defending. Even if I go 1 on 1 with the attacker, I tend to read them pretty well.

You can't slam people's opinions based on your experiences on manual against other's experiences on, and against assisted. You keep doing it and it's simply unfair. I like playing on manual too. It's the way FIFA plays best and it's the way FIFA has played best for many, many years. Yet, I am struggling to find games on Seasons with manual. I'm sure, therefore, I won't be able to find manual co-op games and there isn't even an option for manual clubs games.

I could point out the issues with manual, and the huge portion of FIFA that is in no way affected by control setting, but I don't need to. You're wrong because you're playing a hugely different variant of the game. FIFA is a total mess on assisted, which sadly, is the only option I seem to have. It's the default setting. If it's broken, as you seem to readily accept, so is the game.

People used to moan that slow defenders caught up with quick attackers too easily. Now the quick players run faster, there's still moaning. Some people are never happy and moan for moanings sake. Just like my ex wife. The ball isn't a magnet which you have to home in on, defend the space snd have patience. I played my mate yesterday and he's a tricky bugger but he just said I was defending great against him as I don't dive in like most people do. It's pretty simple in my opinion. Patience. Defend the space. Jockey and timing. Think they've done a decent job of it myself. You won't find me moaning about that side of things. It's the player on the end of the controller in my opinion.

Slow defenders still catch up with quick attackers too easily, I don't really think that has changed at all. It's far easier to get past them now, they still get caught by similarly quick opponents, and struggle to leave behind slower ones.

Again, if you're basing your experience off manual, you simply aren't having to deal with what defending is actually like, because you don't have to cope with how outrageous passing is in FIFA 15. The sheer pace of it, the ability to so easily play perfect lobbed through balls and perfect blind passes, makes defending competently an absolute nightmare. You can defend relatively well on manual because you can far more easily guess what someone is going to do because manual creates far more realistic constraints on the passing game. You're also protected hugely against people trying more ambitious passes, because they're much more likely to go wrong due to human error.

ED: Finally got into a manual match after about twenty minutes. Great.

Last edited:
This game is excellent offline and I've not had to do much messing about with sliders. Pro difficulty with a few tweaks is a lot of fun. Best football game since PES2011 I think.

Yep, totaly agree. My only change was sprint speed to 30 and first touch error to 100. Has extreme has it may seem, it doesn´t impact the gameplay that much, very rarely I see mistakes by both CPU and user teams. In the rain there are more mistakes but even then its a completely normal gameplay. All other sliders are default and this game is just a gem. Pure joy!!!

I don't get most of people here keep complaining about assisted exploits online yet they don't even try to learn manual?! Since passing options been introduced into football games, assisted became the most boring arcade crap in both football games.

They make it like that for a reason.Only small number of people like to spend effort to play the game in the way it should be played. Don't start talking about individuality because assisted isn't realistic when you can hit the perfect ball no matter what.

The majority of people love playing the arcade way.That means scoring crazy goals at an impossible angle as if all the players are like Zlatan.I like to keep it real. Manual might not be perfect nor the answer to everything but at least it requires skills, knowing your players well and play like a real player. It also hugely minimize all of non sense that happens on assisted esp online.

That's my opinion. If you're not willing to learn manual then deal with the arcade fest online. I played against the best players I have ever played on manual fifa14 PS4.Against Italians and Spanish ppl, it was the most tactical games I've ever played against a real person.

Rubbish? Not at all

Hell why do you think people are flaffing around with sliders?

Also momentum and scripting is much worse offline.

I am all for being a fan of a series but blind loyalty is just going to hurt you and EA as it already is with FIFA15

sorry but im not loyal i enjoy the game. i enjoyed pes/iss back in the day but now i dont..i honestly cant believe people think people buy fifa or pes because they are loyal to the brand. I spend my wages wisely and i buy what i think is the best football experience and who are progressing the series not who make the game.
also if they were both crap then i wouldn't buy either

just had another quick half using my sliders ive been messing with 6 fouls in one half against the ai, 3 bookings all crunching slide tackles.love it

I don't get most of people here keep complaining about assisted exploits online yet they don't even try to learn manual?! Since passing options been introduced into football games, assisted became the most boring arcade crap in both football games.

They make it like that for a reason.Only small number of people like to spend effort to play the game in the way it should be played. Don't start talking about individuality because assisted isn't realistic when you can hit the perfect ball no matter what.

The majority of people love playing the arcade way.That means scoring crazy goals at an impossible angle as if all the players are like Zlatan.I like to keep it real. Manual might not be perfect nor the answer to everything but at least it requires skills, knowing your players well and play like a real player. It also hugely minimize all of non sense that happens on assisted esp online.

That's my opinion. If you're not willing to learn manual then deal with the arcade fest online. I played against the best players I have ever played on manual fifa14 PS4.Against Italians and Spanish ppl, it was the most tactical games I've ever played against a real person.
This is quite a daft post, just because you say assisted is arcade does it mean it should be fundamentally broken with the lofted-throughball exploits, why do we have passing stats and passing ability then, if it can just be bypassed.

When a 60 rated player pings a perfect lofted through-ball that will make even pirlo shy, your solution is to play manual ?? I do not like manual is it by force??.

This elitist manual thing is bullshit, play what you like and stop telling me i am having a bad time playing because i am not playing with manual. The game should be balanced that is much more important to me than EPL and stadiums.

I have no idea about online, but offline it's the best FIFA yet, in my opinion. Infact, I would go as far as to say it's the best football game since PES 6. Hope player models and some of the running animations are improved in the future though.

This is the reason i never play online.

Oh and Zee, the last 5 or 6 years, PES would have benefitted enormously from sliders. Personally i'm all for sliders like they are used in NBA2K and FIFA.

IMO FIFA needs even more sliders (like NBA 2K).

With sliders, the above discussion about manual or not manual becomes more (not totally) irrelevant IMO.

10 years ago i had all the time in the world to play games and at the time i was reasonably well at it. Now i haven't got the time and i'm a very average player (which is an understatement to say i'm bad). Sliders make it more realistic and also more fun for me...usually realism is not necessarily fun.

And about online, i wouldn't know that, but isn't there a possibility to go to lobbies with like minded players ? Then you are sure to play against people who have the same philosophy as you. Could well be wrong.

Once again. Online = joke Why?

1. Pace is arcade

2. Sprint with attackers is a joke. Messi, Ronaldo >>>>>>>>>>>>sprint, sprint and GOAL.

3. Golden minutes 45',90'

4. Momentum

5. Keepers are rubbish. Sometimes they are superhuman, sometimes make so much stupid mistakes.

6. Shooting is totally random like in Pes 2012.

7. Scripting in this game is terrible online of course

8. Totally unbalance defffend and attack

9. Hockey scoring online

10. Ping pong passing as well online

It's the worst Fifa online ever.

Agreed - I had an absolute cracker of a match last night on the default sliders on Legendary. It was the AIK v Malmo game in the "Highlights of the Week" menu.

Won 2-1 with a last minute winner from a hopeful ball pumped into the box which ricocheted to around the penalty spot after an aerial battle, and my striker rifled it in off the bar, looked quite realistic and was very satisfying. My other goal was a 25 yard low drive into the far corner after winning the ball in their half with a crunching slide tackle.

I found it quite a tough challenge and the amount of chances for each side seemed about right to me... I'm not really seeing these goal fests that people seem to be reporting as the norm in this game. Most of my games vs the CPU on World Class/Legendary seem to have 2-3 goals with the occasional goalless or high scoring contest. None of my five online games so far have produced more than three goals either. Even the clubs games I've played haven't had excessive scorelines...

I've been waiting for about 10 minutes and still haven't found a game. This is my first time trying to find a manual seasons game this year. Never really had an issue before.

Generally I find the matchmaking experience to have worsened. Playing as Arsenal, I am constantly picked against far better teams with PSG, Chelsea and City most common. You'd expect a little more variation, sometimes getting teams that are worse than your own, but that seems to have gone.

It feels like, for whatever reason, the pool of people I'm searching against is much narrower than before, which would certainly explain how I can't find a manual game on a Saturday morning. I'm pretty sure I was able to find manual games all the time nearly immediately last year :/

You can't slam people's opinions based on your experiences on manual against other's experiences on, and against assisted. You keep doing it and it's simply unfair. I like playing on manual too. It's the way FIFA plays best and it's the way FIFA has played best for many, many years. Yet, I am struggling to find games on Seasons with manual. I'm sure, therefore, I won't be able to find manual co-op games and there isn't even an option for manual clubs games.

I could point out the issues with manual, and the huge portion of FIFA that is in no way affected by control setting, but I don't need to. You're wrong because you're playing a hugely different variant of the game. FIFA is a total mess on assisted, which sadly, is the only option I seem to have. It's the default setting. If it's broken, as you seem to readily accept, so is the game.

Slow defenders still catch up with quick attackers too easily, I don't really think that has changed at all. It's far easier to get past them now, they still get caught by similarly quick opponents, and struggle to leave behind slower ones.

Again, if you're basing your experience off manual, you simply aren't having to deal with what defending is actually like, because you don't have to cope with how outrageous passing is in FIFA 15. The sheer pace of it, the ability to so easily play perfect lobbed through balls and perfect blind passes, makes defending competently an absolute nightmare. You can defend relatively well on manual because you can far more easily guess what someone is going to do because manual creates far more realistic constraints on the passing game. You're also protected hugely against people trying more ambitious passes, because they're much more likely to go wrong due to human error.

ED: Finally got into a manual match after about twenty minutes. Great.

I actually agree with some of the stuff you say but if I think somebody opinion is rubbish, then it is. To me. If my opinion is rubbish to them then big deal. I'm a big boy. I can take it if they say it's rubbish because their opinion is irrelevant to me just as mine is to then. Don't take things so much to heart though. I don't see you defending me when others don't agree or have a go at me though so don't give me I'm being unfair rubbish please as its a bit hypocritical.

I've said how I play the game so when I said his opinion is rubbish for online it is. He's saying online is rubbish. It isn't. It is in some cases and using certain settings but to say online is rubbish, is in fact talking rubbish. I have no idea how that can be argued. In his opinion it's crap but from others point of view it isn't so he's giving out false info at that is unfair. Everyone needs to judge it for themselves. Me and the other guy have a different opinion as if somebody new came in here and just read his comments they might give the game a miss when from my point of view they could be missing out on a great game. Works both ways fella.

Once again. Online = joke Why?

1. Pace is arcade

2. Sprint with attackers is a joke. Messi, Ronaldo >>>>>>>>>>>>sprint, sprint and GOAL.

3. Golden minutes 45',90'

4. Momentum

5. Keepers are rubbish. Sometimes they are superhuman, sometimes make so much stupid mistakes.

6. Shooting is totally random like in Pes 2012.

7. Scripting in this game is terrible online of course

8. Totally unbalance defffend and attack

9. Hockey scoring online

10. Ping pong passing as well online

It's the worst Fifa online ever.

Point proved. Clearly playing a different way to how I play the game so quite a lot of those points are invalid.

It's not blind loyalty either. I'm too old for all that crap and frankly I find those comments childish. If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't play it.

Stop this shit, man. Are you a mod of EA forum ?

Stop this shit, man. Are you a mod of EA forum ?

No I'm not but I won't listen to absolute bullshit from others either. Go tell them to stop it. If I choose to say something then I will. Just like everyone else. I don't hear you telling them to stop so I'll say what I want, when I want.
I've explained a few posts back what I meant and think I covered that pretty well but if you don't like or don't agree then quite frankly, tough shit. I wish others would stop saying things so whats the difference? Jump on the guy whose opinion is just as valid as everyone's else though just because he thinks the game is better played with different settings and maybe some might get a bit more enjoyment out of playing the game that way. They may not have tried it that way before so the more that open their eyes to it the better IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom