FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I really like what they have done with celebrations this year esp when your teammates jump in and celebrate with the goal scorer.The atmosphere this year is unique and amazing.

I really like what they have done with celebrations this year esp when your teammates jump in and celebrate with the goal scorer.The atmosphere this year is unique and amazing.
Yeah, PES back in the PS2 days had the celebrations done really nicely in the way that it would mirror the match situation, and this FIFA has almost matched that.

They are a bit stupid online though when you see someone score a tap-in consolation goal in a heavy defeat and proceed to perform an exuberant celebration full of flips, or pull it back to 2-1 with 10 mins to go and they go running around celebrating when they should be grabbing the ball and taking it back to the centre circle etc... I would probably prefer they weren't interactive because they tend to be much more natural when you just leave the controller alone.

I only really bother to control any of it if I want to do something like celebrate with the guy who assisted if I score from a peach of a cross/pass or something which is a nice bit of immersion, but most people online make their celebrations look ridiculous :LOL:.

After a week with the full release of FIFA15 I'm starting to see the major faults in the game, like every year it is hard to discover them straight away due to all the new animations etc. Especially this year with all the stadiums and improved graphics, but after the novelty wears off it's clear that the engine on which this game is inherently floored. The defensive AI is so badly implemented, if you are up against a good human opponent it is impossible to defend as the response times of defenders vs attackers are massively unbalanced.

When playing the CPU the attacking team just tries to exploit your player switching, and is able to turn out of animations much quicker than the human controlled team. It seems like upping the difficulty level of the CPU is achieved by basically making your team much more unresponsive, a shortcut to achieving difficulty because the basic AI just isn't there! Also basically zero Team ID, PES can't come soon enough

First match of the season, away to Carlisle in the league cup, I win 4-0 (as I should), Carlisle made 10 tackles, gave away 5 fouls and had 3 players booked, wowzers! Fantastic improvement, I wasn't even trying deliberately to get fouled and we haven't even started with ini tweaks to make the AI more aggressive, big improvement!

I don't get most of people here keep complaining about assisted exploits online yet they don't even try to learn manual?! Since passing options been introduced into football games, assisted became the most boring arcade crap in both football games.

They make it like that for a reason.Only small number of people like to spend effort to play the game in the way it should be played. Don't start talking about individuality because assisted isn't realistic when you can hit the perfect ball no matter what.

The majority of people love playing the arcade way.That means scoring crazy goals at an impossible angle as if all the players are like Zlatan.I like to keep it real. Manual might not be perfect nor the answer to everything but at least it requires skills, knowing your players well and play like a real player. It also hugely minimize all of non sense that happens on assisted esp online.

That's my opinion. If you're not willing to learn manual then deal with the arcade fest online. I played against the best players I have ever played on manual fifa14 PS4.Against Italians and Spanish ppl, it was the most tactical games I've ever played against a real person.

I am always shocked by how many people have this stance.

There are many modes where you cannot ensure you are playing against manual players. Some modes lack the population, other modes lack the option altogether. I already find it hard, especially earlier in the day, to find manual matches on Seasons. If it's like this right now, it will be extremely hard next year, and virtually impossible by the Summer.

Suggesting manual as a solution to people's frustration is one thing, but outright rubbishing their complaints on the basis they aren't playing it is insane. If you enjoy manual and what it brings to FIFA, the last thing you should be doing is essentially protecting assisted (default) FIFA from complaint.

First match of the season, away to Carlisle in the league cup, I win 4-0 (as I should), Carlisle made 10 tackles, gave away 5 fouls and had 3 players booked, wowzers! Fantastic improvement, I wasn't even trying deliberately to get fouled and we haven't even started with ini tweaks to make the AI more aggressive, big improvement!

Is this with default sliders too?

Are Custom Tactics flawed this year? Seems like they don't affect the way CPU plays no matter what.

yep custom are broken the guys on operation sports have been testing them and I believe no matter what you change the passing to teams will all still play short passes

so annoying i bet they wont fix it

I think offline is a pretty good Fifa. The more i play, the more i find little nice touches here and there. I'm using Orion sliders ( PS4 ). If EA patch IA on defenders and tone down a little bit on the speedy side, we'll have a good game of football. Maybe. But let's face the truth: since Fifa 12 EA is trying to appeal the huge FUT fanbase. What we call bug or glitch, those are design choices.
They could make a game better than this one. They won't.
Yeah I'm using Orions sliders too. Gives the game a nice slower sim feel and really brings out the weight of the players and the ball more than ever. I truly do suggest the purists opt for his set :)

Are Custom Tactics flawed this year? Seems like they don't affect the way CPU plays no matter what.

yep custom are broken the guys on operation sports have been testing them and I believe no matter what you change the passing to teams will all still play short passes

so annoying i bet they wont fix it

I doubt they'll fix it. I certainly remember years gone by when there were many complaints about how the custom tactics had no effect whatsoever on how the cpu teams played. I was hoping that with the new team sheets this year, it meant EA had actually spent some time developing tactics but they have no effect on how cpu plays.

It's in stark contract to PES15. The custom tactics there have a very noticeable effect on how the cpu plays. It's one area where PES is much better than FIFA this year.

The only settings that have any real effect on cpu tactics are ironically in the sliders, where you can set cpu defensive line height and the length and width of the team shape. However, these should not be slider settings as it forces every cpu to adopt those same settings and play the same way. Instead, these should be team sheet tactical settings which can be set independently for each team. At least the sliders do have some effect but you have to change them every match to create some variety.

I just wish we could take the tactics of PES and put them in FIFA, them we'd have a good single-player game. As it is, we have 2 bad ones.

Last edited:

Pleased to hear that for PC users. :)

It's strange, on PS3, I started a CM with Leyton Orient a couple of days ago. Played the friendlies and the first 2 league games and there was quite a few fouls from the CPU. I played a couple of more games yesterday and there were no fouls called (even though i'm sure i should have had a penalty in one game). It's as if there has been an update without my knowledge. :CONFUSE:

Sorry if this has been covered before but there's a lot to go back through to check.

Anyone having issues loaning folk out in Career?

I have about 4-5 players promoted from my youth academy. All with high potential. Set to being available for loan yet 2 transfer windows have come and gone without a single offer.

When you buy boots from the EA in game shop do they automatically get assigned and players wear them? Or does it have to be done in edit mode. I only play online really so wondering if it's worth buying them at all?

Also I don't like how the base of the nets comes up almost every time a goal is scored. In real life if happens very rarely, maybe 1% of all goals you see the base actually raise.

When you buy boots from the EA in game shop do they automatically get assigned and players wear them? Or does it have to be done in edit mode. I only play online really so wondering if it's worth buying them at all?

Also I don't like how the base of the nets comes up almost every time a goal is scored. In real life if happens very rarely, maybe 1% of all goals you see the base actually raise.
I thought the boot unlocks were just for your Online or Career Pro to use. Could be wrong.

I don't think anything you do in edit mode will appear online anyway, as it makes sure you are using the latest/untampered squad file. You used to be able to play with edited teams in unranked games but they seem to have removed that option entirely except for "Friendly Seasons" with people on your friends list.

I doubt they'll fix it. I certainly remember years gone by when there were many complaints about how the custom tactics had no effect whatsoever on how the cpu teams played. I was hoping that with the new team sheets this year, it meant EA had actually spent some time developing tactics but they have no effect on how cpu plays.

It's in stark contract to PES15. The custom tactics there have a very noticeable effect on how the cpu plays. It's one area where PES is much better than FIFA this year.

The only settings that have any real effect on cpu tactics are ironically in the sliders, where you can set cpu defensive line height and the length and width of the team shape. However, these should not be slider settings as it forces every cpu to adopt those same settings and play the same way. Instead, these should be team sheet tactical settings which can be set independently for each team. At least the sliders do have some effect but you have to change them every match to create some variety.

I just wish we could take the tactics of PES and put them in FIFA, them we'd have a good single-player game. As it is, we have 2 bad ones.

Terrible. Can someone clarify if that's the case, teams playing the same?

Just when everything looked to be coming together..

Very much an addictive quality as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to getting a few games in whenever I can. There's a variety in the gameplay that I haven't seen from a FIFA before now. Lots of different types of goals and build up play from both me and the CPU. The ball physics and the way the players interact with the ball gives an 'anything is possible' feel to the gameplay. Keeps every match fresh and interesting. I even quite like the defending (then again I'm a legacy noob). It punishes sloppiness.

At this stage post-release I usually feel as though FIFA has shown me its hand already whereas this year I'm continuing to see new things. It kind of feels like the game has some of the hallmarks of a classic PES....the 'one more game' factor.

This game is excellent offline and I've not had to do much messing about with sliders. Pro difficulty with a few tweaks is a lot of fun. Best football game since PES2011 I think.

lol,

Totally my opinion, a 100 %!

- Looking forward to play it next time
- Loving the variety in each game
- Loving the ball physics
- Having that "anything can happen" feeling for the first time in a FIFA game
- Kind of feels like a classic PES to me
- Playing on pro, haven´t touched the sliders yet, still enjoying it
- The last time I had this much fun with a footy game was with PES 2011

As for the defending discussion:
I use tactical defending. Tried legacy defending and I always caught myself by just pressing the X button (PS3 controller), waiting for the player to get the ball.
Tactical defending certainly is a challenge, but I start to get better with it.

Mainly I cover passing space and attackers with my player and use the teammate pressing and sometimes when I feel like the timing is right, I use that "tackle/pulling kit" button to catch the ball.
I just don´t really like the sliding tackles. Or at least I´m not used to them as you have to be very close to the player unlike in PES.

Playing the CM with 1860 München in the 2nd Bundesliga. Bought an RM and borrowed an LM, struggling with my money and hoping to be promoted to the 1st Bundesliga.
3 games to come and I am on the 4th place, one point behind.
I hope I can manage it :).

Last edited:
ive started a custom tournament with athletic using my settings and so far played 3 with no points - saying that ive loved every game and not once feel robbed..Some of the AI finishing from outside of the box is superb too

I have also been seeing noticeable differences between opposition CPU teams. A major difference is that versus lower league opposition you can usually pressure them into a rushed clearance in their own third, where the better sides will be more composed and play it out more smartly.

If anyone plays FUT, the unlicensed teams in Serie B have some nice clean kits/emblems free from sponsors/text etc. I much prefer this type of stuff.

I've mostly played online lately because I'm struggling to look beyond the flaws in the CPU defensive AI in single player, but when I have played against the CPU I thought I noticed a decent amount of variety.

Still, there's a lot of folks around the interwebs saying the team tactics for CPU teams isn't working like in years past, so I think something is likely going on.

Picked this game up for £30 love it so glad i bought it doing career with Utd Di Maria is such a beast like real life feels so good to play with him and Falcao he feels so life like.

Sold Rooney and bought Memphis Depay just sooooo fast and Balanta for cb what a beast having a blast.

Matt sliders in the slider thread are fantastic :)

Picked this game up for £30 love it so glad i bought it doing career with Utd Di Maria is such a beast like real life feels so good to play with him and Falcao he feels so life like.

Sold Rooney and bought Memphis Depay just sooooo fast and Balanta for cb what a beast having a blast.

Matt sliders in the slider thread are fantastic :)

:NONO:

Falcooooooooooow!!!!

How the hell do you aim crosses?
Everytime I put a ball in from wide it ends up at the far side of the 18 yard box.
Only way I can put it in the centre of the box is by double clicking but that only goes in at chest height.

Back
Top Bottom