FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

So imagine if you can.

World class against the mighty Germans

Sergio has the ball in his own 6 yard box and decides to make a run for it.

He quickly outpaces Muller leaving the German for dead.

He then wrong foots Khedira who still slides as he goes by but he can only get a touch onto the ball but Sergio recovers and continues his marauding run to the halfway line

He then finds a gap between Boateng and Hummels and bursts through with only Neuer ahead of him (yes on the halfway line and the entire German defence is beaten)

He strides to the German number 1 who must be contemplating how he is going to stop the Argentine. But he needn't worry because as he gets inside the box Hummels managed to catch up only to do a last ditch sliding tackle to stifle the attack albeit with a penalty and a early shower as reward.

So you thinking it's Sergio Aguero right?

No, It's Sergio Romero... Argentinas keeper :LOL:

This game offline and me are done.

Cool. Just after buying him and now gonna play him as a winger and withdraw my bid for Reus

I think I've just had one of the most upsetting experiences in FIFA that I've ever had. Not just FIFA 15, any year, and I've played pretty much all of them.

The whole match was awful. It was like somehow all of the bullshit in the five previous FIFAs was combined. The pressure was horrendous, and the passing was as ping-pong as it ever was in FIFA 10. End-to-end, perfect lobbed throughballs, unbelievable keeping and defensive errors that were entirely out of my control... It's only the second match I've lost, but I'm not sure I ever want to play another.

I really don't understand what's happened this year. It feels like EA have just lost all direction for the franchise to be honest.

Last edited:
Best if only you have no interest in realistic football. Though inferior in technical terms, plenty of past FIFAs have been better balanced than this.

Last edited:
Best if only you have no interest in realistic football. Though technically inferior, plenty of past FIFAs have been better balanced than this.

I think it's well balanced. Still, no football videogame has and probably never will represent realistic football. It's all about the whole package and the game being fun. FIFA 15 accomplishes that well. There are niggles though that have been well documented in here.

I really don't understand what's happened this year. It feels like EA have just lost all direction for the franchise to be honest.

Been thinking this myself. I remember back around 07/08 when Rutter and the new dev team took over and there was a clear direction for the franchise, and you could see their intention to take the franchise in a more realistic/sim-like gameplay experience. This year it feels like they're reverting to their previous form from the PS2 days.

I think it's well balanced. Still, no football videogame has and probably never will represent realistic football. It's all about the whole package and the game being fun. FIFA 15 accomplishes that well. There are niggles though that have been well documented in here.

Obviously you didn't look at the vids I posted or played online any, 'cause I don't know how you could consider a football game well balanced in which you can regularly create chances from three passes or less, in which the defensive AI and mechanics are so far behind the attacking side of the game.

Everywhere you look online people are saying the same thing: this FIFA is all-out attack, even more so than previous editions. It's the complete opposite of well balanced.

I've been trying out be a pro and its frustrating as hell.

The opposition can play nice football and tackle, whereas my team can't pass for shit and stand off the ball every single time!!!!

The oppo rarely make a loose pass as well which is even more frustrating when your players ain't closing them down meaning we cant get the ball back!!!!!

I definitely need some slider settings if i'm gonna carry on playing this.

Anybody having problems on pro clubs for PS4?

No matter what the final result is, we always get 1 point for it and all the accomplishments unlocked don't save after the match.

I got onto EA Support and they told me this:
CAN9PZa.png

Last edited:
All in your head. It's not perfect but is the best FIFA game yet.

Absolutely agree. Best FIFA yet, which I acknowledge isn't exactly an accolade given the rubbish served up by EA in recent years.

It's a semi-arcade game of football and I'm completely fine with that. Thinking FIFA (or PES) will be anything other than this is naive.

A bloody good semi-arcade game of football I might add. The ball physics are excellent and I think it's this that sold the demo to me. I like the feeling that anything can happen as the ball bobbles about and takes errant touches off players. The ball feels like a free entity and the game comes alive because of that.

The all-round package is so strong and the game is approachable and easy to live with. Loads of leagues, loads of stadia, lots of realistic and authentic touches. No need to piss about with option files/patches.

I'm also painfully aware that I could be in my dotage by the time Konami get their shit together and actually release a game that looks and feels modern. Thankfully FIFA is filling the void this year.

THIS Jamezinho..

The all-round package is so strong and the game is approachable and easy to live with. Loads of leagues, loads of stadia, lots of realistic and authentic touches. No need to piss about with option files/patches.

Community can only make it even better with balls,adboards,stadia etc.

Back to FIFA for first time since 2004.

I've mostly gotten the hang of defending, and I've slowed down the pace of the matches with sliders. Really enjoying it, the CPU has some great posessions against me, and yes my defensive AI sucks, but I am regularly able to fix things as I play. Those niggles don't outweigh everything else the game has going on for it.

One of my biggest gripes though, is playing with a posession team, and hoping the fullbacks on the opposite side from where the ball is make a run. I purposely overload one side to have space on the other, but the fullback doesn't use it. I've tried several things in the tactics, but can't get it to work. It's pointless to have a playmaker on the ball deep with the opposition defense totally moved towards one side, and hoping to play in that long ball over the top, but the full back is just standing. Looking for a way to fix.

Regardless, still good game, best one in a few years from either company imo.

Last edited:
Another thing, anyone on PS4 using real names with friends? I noticed on my end in the menus it shows my friends real name, but for them it doesn't. Anyone had this problem or know of it?

I'm trying to love this game but the poor recreation of Daniel Sturridges celebration is something I can't get over.

A bit nitpicking but are the keepers always in a ready-stance? Even when the ball's in possession? Haven't seen them calm.

I noticed this too, this is the probably why the CPU will never pass back to the keeper when being pressured. I saw it once and it was seemingly on accident (pass error is @ 100).

With that said it's really nice to see the defenders clear the ball down the flanks versus just out of bounds all the time.

I find that manual lob pass (not through ball, the cross button) is better this year that you can use it instead of *cheating* with lofted through ball. Usually, I played from the back and when I saw my forward start to make a run, I hit the cross button 3/4 and usually it goes nicely for my forward to chase just behind the trailing defenders. Because when you use the cross instead of through ball, you don't get the same effect as through ball, where you get your forward to run alone, because the defender tried to play offside. When I used cross instead, the defender will not try to do offside trap, instead they will try contain/intercept the ball or my player. Giving it a more balance challenge, and tussle, instead of lofting it up and one on one.

Defending in this game is broken, even the CPU is shit at it. It is so floaty and weird. How are you supposed to be able to defend against quick turns, I don't get it. Like I'm trying to control an oil tanker at sea.

FIFA 08 had the absolute best off the ball controls in any FIFA game. Really snappy and realistic movement. If they could just go back and play that game and analyse the off the ball movement they would surely realize how much better it was than now.

Exactly this...
Fifa08 was the only fifa that was really realistic in terms of pacing and control ...
The rest is totally árcade and we that like a simulation game only try to adapt to make the game more realistic...
The crazy turns that CPU players do with the ball and the absolute perfect fast passes done in the game are really ridiculous...

Again the same question: how can i come back to my custom tatic during a match if during a certain moment in the game i set a diferent tatic (long ball, possession, etc) with the Dpad?

Can the defending issues be fixed in a patch from EA?

I'm sure they could, but they won't. The game plays like this on purpose. All the space in midfield, the overpowered speed/dribbling, etc. People were whining last year that the game was too slow, not enough goals, CPU played too much possession. Well, this is what we get.

Besides, game critics and casual gamers who play on semi-pro and pro have already anointed this the best FIFA ever. Mainly because the graphics are better, and there are new stadiums and faces.
Also, people who play UT don't care about user-vs-CPU at all.

I'm sure they could, but they won't. The game plays like this on purpose. All the space in midfield, the overpowered speed/dribbling, etc. People were whining last year that the game was too slow, not enough goals, CPU played too much possession. Well, this is what we get.

Besides, game critics and casual gamers who play on semi-pro and pro have already anointed this the best FIFA ever. Mainly because the graphics are better, and there are new stadiums and faces.
Also, people who play UT don't care about user-vs-CPU at all.

To be honest, this game is going down relatively badly across the board. It's dropped five points year-on-year on Metacritic. EA have certainly come to a juncture with this game.

Being fouled by the CPU, wow it's finally here! I've drawn some fantastic fouls by the AI just with a little left stick movement, loving it!

*sorry to post something positive about the game ;)

I still don´t get it sorry guys.
Like Jamezinho and others said, this is the best Fifa ever! I´ve always avoid games like Fifa, even when PES was making horrible versions one after another until this year. I tested the demo and I got "woooow"! Not only the presentation is the best ever by miles, but the gameplay is soooo cool! I just love the passing, the shooting, the dribling, the defending also! Lots of people complain about defending but I hope EA won´t touch it, because it gives the game some dificulty and makes me think safe before I just put some attacking strategy and kill every single team on the way to glory... boring.
Another thing is no match is like the previous and that I+ve waited for so long in a game. Oh this Fifa is great and to me is even near perfection, with flaws in it yes. But people are just looking into small things and making them huge, like that bad 10% of the game is going to break the other great 90%. Not to me! for now, it just feels the best and most complete soccer game up to date.

I like the game. Especially passing. The weight, variations etc.

But shooting, the most important part, I am not comfortable with it.
Passing is so realistic, but when I shoot I don't get the same feeling. Feels empty, like suddenly com takes the control :THINK:

OK I'm feeling the inadequacies with defence now.

For me it's perfectly balanced until you introduce the super rapid dribblers into the game. Just that level of acceleration and agility becomes uncontainable.

If you'd tweaked it so that players with 90 dribbling felt like 80, and 80 felt like 70. It would be a lot more manageable.

When using 3.5* to 4* teams the games are tight affairs.

Has anyone worked out how to select a custom team sheet?

In seasons I can't select it.

Hmmm no - and annoyingly it seems you cant even pick a new one 'in-game' (though just thinking about it, it may be hard to implement as you pick specific players and once in a match some may not be available)....

Ignore me! As you were...

Back
Top Bottom