FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Because of the positivity in this thread I've been trying to persevere with the PC demo, but it's not really clicking for me.

I'm getting little to no enjoyment out of the defensive side of the game. Your players crab around in such a sluggish way, making active defending close to impossible, and I constantly end up just camped on the edge of my penalty area, stumbling clumsily and desperately, while the CPU dances back and forth with the ball.

I really enjoyed tactical defending in FIFA 11 & 12. You could jockey with responsiveness and precision, and this allowed you to face-up dribblers, shepherd them away from goal, 'shade' their passing angles, or switch to another defender to anticipate/intersect passing lanes. Denying progress was an engaging challenge.

You can't do that in 15, I'm finding, because you physically cannot keep up with a dribbler. And if you switch to another defender, it takes so long to change direction to get him where you need him to be. A delay which rules out stepping into passing lanes.

The midfield is wide open too, meaning there's no tactical back-and-forth for midfield territory. Just everyone back to the 18 yard line to pray that the swarming opposition will make a mistake.

On one hand, this paralysis of pro-active defending means that the CPU gains a larger share of possession than tradition. But in every other aspect I find it just makes defending unpleasant and clumsy, not at all engaging or rewarding.

This was my first impression and unfortunately it's still holding true after 25+ demo matches, which is sucking out most of the fun for me.

Defending felt broken in the demo to me too. In fact, I had to quit the demo after a couple days because it felt worse than NG 14 in many ways. (Not that it was great in 14 - it was still my biggest issue with 14's gameplay.)

Because it actually felt worse, I'm gonna chalk it up to being unfinished demo code. Personally I've always found the full release noticeably better than demo codes, and I'm expecting the same this year (I know some people have preferred demo code in the past; never me).

There are some real positive impressions here, and even more elsewhere, so I'm going into the full release cautiously optimistic. Defending and AI are my biggest concerns though for sure.

Has anyone noticed a change of game speed in the game, at one stage the game was slow and was perfect for me, but next time I loaded it up itwas quick and by changing it to slow it didn't affect it anyone else notice this?

I found it on twiter. Great pic

Bx5UTJtIQAA5iI2.jpg:large
That looks very fantastic, props to EA they have nailed the lighting. This is fucking beautiful

I've bought the EA access pass and gonna get my mates round tonight and use my 6 hours having a custom tournament which is back in!!!! :)

Ill post some impressions and maybe goals and other stuff later tonight or tomorrow.

Coopz mate, any news now?

Has anyone seen the goal line technology in the demo or early access?

Good that it doesn't happen all the time but I've never seen it at all.

Any tips on who I should be in career mode? Thinking either Bundesliga 2 or Championship.

Definitely going with a Russian League side for FUT.

Just noticed the PC version releases 22nd on the Mexican store. Will it be possible to play in the UK with VPN or something along those lines? I'm sure I remember doing something similar with last years PC version.

Just noticed the PC version releases 22nd on the Mexican store. Will it be possible to play in the UK with VPN or something along those lines? I'm sure I remember doing something similar with last years PC version.

Try it.If it lets you preload then it works.

Last edited:
Can you check if custom league is back. If so, can we add only 3 teams?

Thanks.

I call them tournaments but did actually mean leagues and you can add from 4 to up to 20 teams in custom leagues or choose a full pre set league like the EPL, La Liga ect.

Coopz mate, any news now?

Playing it against humans last night was a bit weird. If your playing against the CPU my comments about the demo still stand for the full game.

Its really really hard to defend against humans and the backline seemed very open to over the top and normal through balls.

There were quite a lot of times were a player would turn in to an opposing player and get dispossessed again leaving them wide open and in the end i was getting frustrated by my players not being able to tackle.

Tbh most of the faults were all down to us not defending properly and not being well versed on how you can use tight control and stuff. I think i just need to get used to it all before i give a proper impression on the multiplayer side and definatley need to learn how to contain players because holding the "contain button" doesn't work that well for me because even with running opposing players can get past them if you just hold that.

I need help on the defending side :LOL:

Any tips on who I should be in career mode? Thinking either Bundesliga 2 or Championship.

I was wondering the same.Should I stay at England or go for a different country?
If I stay,should I go with rovers again (to see how they changed from 14 to 15 & coz I like some players there) or an EPL side and the beauty of having your own stadium (leicester city may be ).

On another note the animations in this are superb.

Got a couple of penalty's including shirt pulling which looked great (Walcott went down like a sack of shit which looked like he played for it :LOL:) and the collision detection on tackles and fouls look amazing so you can make some right meaty challenges.

On FIFA 14 I started in AFC Wimbledon and by 2018 I endedup at Arsenal. Thing is, the English football system is way above the rest as every team has equal chances to get heroically promoted and even enjoy success in European cups (In that same CM I took Burnley to UEL QF).

Has anyone noticed a change of game speed in the game, at one stage the game was slow and was perfect for me, but next time I loaded it up itwas quick and by changing it to slow it didn't affect it anyone else notice this?

I've witnessed that too..Hope it's just related with f..ing poor EA servers..

Got a couple of penalty's including shirt pulling which looked great (Walcott went down like a sack of shit which looked like he played for it :LOL:) and the collision detection on tackles and fouls look amazing so you can make some right meaty challenges.

Coopz, you are on XBox One ??

CPU Fouls are brilliant, won this penalty from the CPU pulling my shirt.

YouTube - Shirt Pull Penalty - FIFA15 Demo

@Coopz from my experience with the demo, I find that turning analog sprint off helped me on defensive side.

Cheers mate ill turn it off and give it a go

Coopz, you are on XBox One ??

I am mate yeah

CPU Fouls are brilliant, won this penalty from the CPU pulling my shirt.

YouTube - Shirt Pull Penalty - FIFA15 Demo

Walcotts was similar to that, like they are waiting for a touch so they can go down :LOL:

Got another nice looking peno as well when Costa held the ball up back to goal and a defender was holding him off but then tried to get the ball and kicked his heel. The way he went down was very realistic albeit theatrical throwing himself down both legs going up landing on his arse :)

I was wondering the same.Should I stay at England or go for a different country?
If I stay,should I go with rovers again (to see how they changed from 14 to 15 & coz I like some players there) or an EPL side and the beauty of having your own stadium (leicester city may be ).

Only reason I tend not to go in England is because I'm familiar with the players so it ruins the illusion somewhat if someone doesn't play like how they should.

But the stadium factor is tempting, looks very immersive with all the different chants etc. I might be QPR.

On FIFA 14 I started in AFC Wimbledon and by 2018 I endedup at Arsenal. Thing is, the English football system is way above the rest as every team has equal chances to get heroically promoted and even enjoy success in European cups (In that same CM I took Burnley to UEL QF).

Yeah only problem is I don't think I could endure more then a season or so in career mode. AI is just too predictable unfortunately.

On one hand, this paralysis of pro-active defending means that the CPU gains a larger share of possession than tradition. But in every other aspect I find it just makes defending unpleasant and clumsy, not at all engaging or rewarding.

This was my first impression and unfortunately it's still holding true after 25+ demo matches, which is sucking out most of the fun for me.
How is this not the opinion of the majority?

I was beginning to think I was the only one who'd noticed this.

As I've said on Twitter, I'd implore people to trade in FIFA 14, buy early access, try FIFA 15 online and realise it's the same game as 14 with worse defending controls (and the defending was bad enough last year). That way you get FIFA 14 free thanks to EA Access and you save yourself the cost of FIFA 15.

But clearly not everyone agrees... How?

I've not enjoyed one second of the demo. Stadiums and lighting aside. Even the biggest presentation improvements I think make it worse - for example, when players argue after a tackle or two, the crowd is deathly silent all the while. Then, 4-5 seconds later when a card comes out, they suddenly all cheer at once. It just sounds WEIRD!

The defending is my biggest gripe by far though. There's no art to it - clearly dribbling and goals are all EA care about (because that's what sells football in all its forms). In the PES 2015 demo I've seen five goals in my last five games. In FIFA 15 early access, my last five games have had five goals (or more) EACH.

You notice no gameplay improvements WHATSOEVER online, where constant pressure and through balls are the order of the day, but with the defending being more difficult (as in, you have less control over it, not as in you have to learn anything new). Thanks to this, the scorelines are even heavier than last year, where I had huge scorelines every game, and the flow does not represent football in any respect.

EDIT: Well after the Leicester v Man U game maybe I can't moan about the scorelines... :D But United and FIFA both have the same philosophy - all you need is an attacking game. And they're both wrong. Every game on the new FIFA plays out like that one. There are no bore draws. Everyone plays the same way. Because it's the only way to win.

I'm just shell-shocked that people are lapping this up, and saying "it's better in the early access version, the demo code is old code" when to be truthful I didn't even notice the defending issue in the demo (because I wasn't playing online which accentuates it tenfold), and I keep thinking "clearly it's me being too cynical", but the more I try to see what people like about it, the more my blood boils over what I hate about it.

I enjoyed the PES 2015 demo but don't feel I can rest until November (I have an awful feeling about the online play given, you know, every PES to date and its horrible online play).

Just gutted, personally. It's FIFA 14 or PES 2015 for me. Definitely not this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom