FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Hopefully then I'll reach a point where I can grasp it. Like I say though, I feel like if all the games are so high-scoring, everyone is in the same boat...

Early days yet though I suppose, perhaps in a month everyone will be defending in a new way and I'll see a few more realistic scorelines.

Out of interest, did you see too many through ball goals in 14, or are you on the side of those who say "there's ways to stop it"? Only it's all I ever saw, it drove me crazy (even though I carried on playing it admittedly, the alternative wasn't really an alternative and God knows it may not be this year knowing their track record with online play), and I didn't agree with the attitude of "it's broken but there's workarounds". The defence just wasn't realistic - whereas at least in the PES demo, constant hopeful through-balls are always mopped up by a properly-positioned defence.

Gunna jump in here as I consider myself a good player. (Div. 1 - avg. 0.67 goals against)

I never had problems with through-balls on FIFA 14. It was just a matter of anticipating then dropping your defender back to mop up. There were ocassions where my player miss-time a header and be punished, but I always found that realistic.

Crosses and corners were the only areas I felt powerless to defend at times.

All I do is first anticipate the action the opposition will perform - dribble/shoot/pass - then select the closest defender via RS. Once selected I L2 jockey, either blocking the path or covering the space where I think the ball will be played. 9 times out of 10 you don't even need to press the tackle button.

As far as FIFA 15 goes - I can't comment on how balanced defending is - but I do know the vast majority of online players do little other then hammering pressure + sprint to get the ball back. So I wouldn't be surprised if in the early days scores are high, it's just a case of how it pans out a few weeks in.

As far as FIFA 15 goes - I can't comment on how balanced defending is - but I do know the vast majority of online players do little other then hammering pressure + sprint to get the ball back. So I wouldn't be surprised if in the early days scores are high, it's just a case of how it pans out a few weeks in.
That's my hope. After playing the PES demo I feel like at least there is an alternative this year, and I do feel with how fast the game is and how "dribbly" it is, FIFA 15 can't be considered realistic (watching a real match next to it shows how FIFA is all about getting the ball forward all of the time, even against the AI).

But if the defending "evens out" online (and I can get used to it) then that's my biggest gripe gone. So I really hope you're right!

You use R1 as well? I could never train my PES hands to instinctively use R2 so just sacrificed analog. Was forced to use Tactical since that's the only option online, however I now actually think it's much more intuitive.
Yes I do, although it's RB as I use a 360 pad with my pc. I emulate PES controls in FIFA as it's just easier that way.

Regarding analog sprinting - disabling this doesn't detract from the experience. I rarely found the need for slower sprinting speeds. Having a range of walking/jogging speeds, on the other hand, is much more useful and thankfully FIFA does this well.

PS3 Full version seems very nice. No lofted through passes online, no heading fest, no runs, really hard to trap the balls especially the long balls. And all the EPL stadias in it aswell. Too bad for me the game doesnt feel just right after playing some PES 2015, PES6 and FIFA 15 NG recently

That's it now, my trial only has minutes left. My last two games were career mode games (World Class difficulty), Liverpool v Southampton and Tottenham v Liverpool. 3-3 and 3-3.

Sorry, but if even the AI can't defend, there's a problem somewhere. ;)

Don't find it realistic at all. I admit after fiddling with the player instructions that it was fun, but not realistic.

I realised in those last games that all I could do was position players and hope the opposition didn't score. Once, out of the two games, did I win a tackle. The rest of the time (pressure button untouched), I couldn't get near an opposition player, and on the very rare occasion I got anywhere close, they just darted past with a dribble because the bias is with them.

I'm going to stick with 14 until PES comes along. If it turns out that's rubbish too, then I guess I've got to hope there are a few people out there who stick with 14 too... D'oh...

Some very nice pre kick off stadium aerial shots....
Credit: Moddingway

Allianz Arena
6wxFpW6.jpg

San Siro
3cZI8Bn.jpg

Old Trafford
u0JMGwz.jpg

La Bombonera
5XY1TBN.jpg

Etihad
1YKR2AB.jpg

Emirates
5SbPatc.jpg

Camp Nou
GLO4KW5.jpg

Hello Coopz :) Only come on once a year now either to express my joy or concern to the more educated football masses (every other discussion board tends to be full of kids who've only played two versions of FIFA and think they're a connoisseur). ;)

That's a shame i enjoyed chatting to your on here.

What you up to these days?

Sorry for going OT guys :)

I've purchased and pre loaded via the Mexican Origin store, worked out about £25, will be able to play on the 22nd.

re: defending, and an attempt to explain how I think it is screwed over by the controls and player movement physics.

I feel like you have two states as a defender: too slow or too fast.

Just moving the left stick, even without applying jockey, makes you crab/shuffle. Too slowly to keep up with dribblers.

Applying sprint puts you into an all-or-nothing state carrying tons of momentum. You either barge through the opponent to take the ball, or you've sold yourself too far to recover.

The transition between the two extreme states feels really awkward to me. Always switching between crab-state and space-rocket-state.

This is not only difficult for you, but it kills the AI too.

This links to 7m 29s in one of Bitter's uploads: >>> YouTube - FIFA 15 Broadcast Camera / full manual controls

Pedro (Human) starts on a run up the wing. Ghoulam (CPU) comes racing across to intercept. Pedro then makes the most simple change of direction to head slightly infield... and look where Ghoulam ends up. He overshoots by about six-to-eight yards.

I don't know what difficulty Bitter plays on, but... that can't be right. This momentum-based clumsiness happens to the AI all throughout the video (the Iniesta goal, for example).

Meanwhile, when you dribble with the ball you have all sorts of smooth control over how you turn and swerve and accelerate and stop and start. Surely moving without the ball should be easier.

And even when you're holding the jockey button... you'd think this function would allow you to change lateral direction more quickly, side to side. But it doesn't, or at least not enough to be balanced.

I understand the theory and appeal behind defending patiently and tactically, I've been an advocate of it for a long time (before 'Tactical Defending' was even a thing in the game). But I just think the movement of defenders (Human and AI) is being hamstrung by the controls and phsyics in a really off-putting way, imo.

Last edited:
Can you buy from the UK then?? With no issues with servers or owt?

DOES THIS MEAN I CAN HAVE THE GAME BY TUESDAY?! :CONFUSE:

Yes you can, Fifa 15 will be my 3rd digital game and I have had no issues at all, roll on Tuesday.

I swear the fifa 15 pre-order is heavy overpriced somewhere around £60 on playstation,
Assume you bought it directly from ps store?

US PSN is the way to go, cheaper and you get it earlier. £60 & £70 for the different versions of Fifa via the UK PSN is an absolute joke

Last edited:
What does that mean? I bought the fut addition 2 weeks ago for $69.00 on psn store. I didnt see nothing about early release for PS4. I wanting for tomorrow midnight :))

Basically you can start downloading the game now and it will be available to play on Tuesday. The Pre loading period started yesterday

Guys, i bought the game through mexican sever.In origin account it is showing that preload will start tonight at 10 PM in my region. Please someone answer my question.
Will i be able to play it after preload is done tonight?! Or do i have to wait till 26 for it to unlock?

I'm in Canada and saw the option to preload and play on Tuesday. Release date in Canada is Tuesday anyway but I can also buy it from PSN Store then?

Been out of the gaming scene for awhile. So am just wonder what's this option about? Just to go digital and save going to store? Now instead of going to the mall and buying the game, I can just download it?

I've never done the digital thing and always had CDs/DVDs for playing. This is a simple question with a probably very simple answer but someone enlighten me.

You can play games whenever they are available in your Region or use something like OpenVPN if you live in the UK, as you can pre-load then activate the game in the different region..

Then de-activate OpenVPN and put Origin in offline mode till the game is released properly in your region.

Back
Top Bottom