FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

easypeazy
bro dont use 2k and pes and fifa in the same statement its blasphemy. 2K is the best sports game in the world

Thats the funny thing bro FIFA is almost there. The last time I could not stop playing a footy demo this much was when I first played the PES10 demo on XB360.

I throughly enjoy the demo/game and in the end thats all that matters to me.
This Tuesday when I pick up the game I will put it through its paces for sure.

And yes comparing FIFA to 2k is slightly heretical in our little world of simulating sport electronically through games and the hobbies we love to obsess over.

2K is defo the standard as far as triple A sports titles go however this years FIFA and I have not yet scratched the surface tactically or even investigated if the players adhere to the tactics given to them individually, but if they do WOW there is not much FIFA can do to win anyone over. It is a fun and well polished game bro.

People always champion 2K as the masters of sports games and imagine that a football game from them would be perfect... Yeah, their NBA series is great, but their tennis games (Top Spin) are a pile of old arse, and their attempt at boxing (Prizefighter) was completely tragic. Their baseball and ice hockey games haven't seen great success either.

I always used to laugh off comparisons of FIFA to the level of quality of 2K's NBA series, but I think it's a much closer call now, and FIFA for this generation is a genuinely high quality game. Gameplay, animations, physics, licenses, presentation, sound effects, content/gamemodes... It is a very solid all round package. There's substance to go with the style these days.

People always champion 2K as the masters of sports games and imagine that a football game from them would be perfect... Yeah, their NBA series is great, but their tennis games (Top Spin) are a pile of old arse, and their attempt at boxing (Prizefighter) was completely tragic. Their baseball and ice hockey games haven't seen great success either.

I always used to laugh off comparisons of FIFA to the level of quality of 2K's NBA series, but I think it's a much closer call now, and FIFA for this generation is a genuinely high quality game. Gameplay, animations, physics, licenses, presentation, sound effects, content/gamemodes... It is a very solid all round package. There's substance to go with the style these days.
I dont want to argue with you but fifa's graphics pales in comparison check out their latest trailers and then get back to me they really are ahead of everyone like it or not. I think the presentation of fifa is great but it gets boring fast unlike 2k where i hear something new even after 6months. I get that you love fifa but comparing the two especially with their advancements in 2k15 is just heretical tbh and that is putting it nicely.

So i tried the fifa 15 demo again and i still dont like it, I had a keeper blunder AI took a shot and my keeper didn't dive, He just watched it go in and i was really pissed.

Also im not a big fan of glancing down every minute to check who i'm controlling cant identify the playing styles xavi runs like dani alves.

The pace is a bit too frantic for my liking, I absolutely love the lighting it looks phenomenal and very realistic, grass looks great but looks a little overgrown like last year and exaggerated. I saw a cool thing in the replay where the grass actually depressed on contact really nice.

Commentary,audio, presentation miles better than the competition, ball physics too.

But it still plays like fifa to me and the lofted through-ball is more effective than the short pass. I still feel the game wanted me to counter all the time and i cant play the type of football i want. The player models are horrible as per usual and the turns are a little too quick for my liking.

I dont think this is the game for me and i truly hope that the full game is a revelation with tons of individuality and player running styles but for now i do not like it, its not my representation of what football should be. I play on PC by the way.

Also top spin is not arse and if you want to go deeper they are the same company who makes mafia 2 and gta as well as spec ops which i enjoyed so play fair. 2k is king deal with it, i pre-ordered ages ago i know it is gonna be quality as usual and i cant wait to see the new tv-show in the game (check the trailer)

Thats the funny thing bro FIFA is almost there. The last time I could not stop playing a footy demo this much was when I first played the PES10 demo on XB360.

I throughly enjoy the demo/game and in the end thats all that matters to me.
This Tuesday when I pick up the game I will put it through its paces for sure.

And yes comparing FIFA to 2k is slightly heretical in our little world of simulating sport electronically through games and the hobbies we love to obsess over.

2K is defo the standard as far as triple A sports titles go however this years FIFA and I have not yet scratched the surface tactically or even investigated if the players adhere to the tactics given to them individually, but if they do WOW there is not much FIFA can do to win anyone over. It is a fun and well polished game bro.
The game made me a basketball fan it was that good, anyways fifa is getting there but they need a lot of years to get to 2k levels. Animation wise 2k is galaxies away they have they best animations i have ever seen in a sports game.

I found some sliders that really make the difference ingame, it plays much more human. You should really try them:

45/45
49/49
50/52
50/54
50/50
52/52
75/72
40/40
47/47
49/49
50/50
49/49
52/52
55/55
51/51
51/51

(Skipping power bar settings on player)
These will apply with fully manual controls and World Class difficulty. Enjoy!

I found some sliders that really make the difference ingame, it plays much more human. You should really try them:

45/45
49/49
50/52
50/54
50/50
52/52
75/72
40/40
47/47
49/49
50/50
49/49
52/52
55/55
51/51
51/51

(Skipping power bar settings on player)
These will apply with fully manual controls and World Class difficulty. Enjoy!
will try it tnx

Loving the game on tele broadcast H20 Z0 as you can see a lot of the pitch.
Theres a lot of space on this years pitch and when you set your forward to get in behind players find even more room to operate.

First time ever for me that in Fifa I have time and space and its not a midfield clusterf*ck.

Never long enough bro,you never have a chance to get into any rythm...a full 20 min match gives your more time to express your football..Im feeling the fatigue more and the heaviness of players as they tire.

Ea for me are starting to hit sim territory,how it will go down with there more casual fanbase will be interesting but I imagine the manual players like me are loving it.

Great finally to have something that really offers the layers as pes did in its hayday.

I m the one who dream with a real sim soccer game and i took the game on xbox one 6 hours free trial...
It s a good game, but the super speed is really Making me mad uns this game...
Even playing on slow and changing some sliders the game seems very fast for my taste...
Specially CPU players...
Fast turns everywhere, players changing direction totally unrealistic...
When i have the ball, i always try reallistic plays and many times the game feels great, but CPU control the ball in a totally unrealistic way that almost break the game for me...
I dont know...
Next week i probably will the game on ps4...
People on ps4 like to play the game on slow and manual control?
I like to play with everything on manual, except for the pass. and the shoot that i play on semi to feel a little more of the atributes...
Long ball, cross and through ball on manual...

I m the one who dream with a real sim soccer game and i took the game on xbox one 6 hours free trial...
Even playing on slow and changing some sliders the game seems very fast for my taste...
Specially CPU players...
When i have the ball, i always try reallistic plays and many times the game feels great, but CPU control the ball in a totally unrealistic way that almost break the game for me...
I dont know...
I like to play with everything on manual, except for the pass. and the shoot that i play on semi to feel a little more of the atributes...

So the full game is like the demo,,,everyone is the same speed with or without the ball, perfect dribbling?

What about your ai teammates in defense,,,do they still man mark and dont care about if the ball is in a dangerous spot?
Defend like a team poossible in full game?

NBA 2K looks great but why compare it to FIFA? Again! Completely different games with less players to worry about. I think it's a great game but I come back to my footy game more. I can pay quality football in FIFA so maybe it's people's style of play when they moan about the game. Saying the grass is too long aswell now. Fuck me. I give up. You should listen to yourselves. It's embarrassing. In game the grass is fine. In replays it's fine. It's just nitpicking and it's laughable. If you don't know when you have control of certain players then you must be blind. Put their names over their heads if you need to. If my 10 year old can tell who he's playing with them surely others can? I'm on about the top players here and Xavi was mentioned and he bloody stands out to me just by looking at him.
Stamina seems to play a part in the game from what I've played so far. Some of my players have been knackered. Had some great games yesterday and looking forward to release day now. Tried PES demo a bit more and it's poor in comparison. Much prefer manual FIFA to it. There are some nice bits in PES but overall it's too clunky and yet again, it's not for me.

everyone is the same speed with or without the ball, perfect dribbling?
This doesn't happen even in the demo.
Playing Liverpool - City I missed a tackle against Nasri, he went on a run with the ball and Johnson (the player I was controlling) couldn't keep up, let alone reach him.

Same goes for Sturridge for example: without the ball he's unreachable, and with the ball he still can outpace someone (but not everyone like when he has not the ball).

I dont want to argue with you but fifa's graphics pales in comparison check out their latest trailers and then get back to me they really are ahead of everyone like it or not. I think the presentation of fifa is great but it gets boring fast unlike 2k where i hear something new even after 6months. I get that you love fifa but comparing the two especially with their advancements in 2k15 is just heretical tbh and that is putting it nicely.
I appreciate what they do well with NBA 2K, and yeah it is well ahead of FIFA in many areas... But FIFA is getting there and does a lot right these days.

Also top spin is not arse and if you want to go deeper they are the same company who makes mafia 2 and gta as well as spec ops which i enjoyed so play fair. 2k is king deal with it, i pre-ordered ages ago i know it is gonna be quality as usual and i cant wait to see the new tv-show in the game (check the trailer)
Top Spin has strange arcadey gameplay and a pitiful selection of players. It only has 10 real ATP players... That's like a football game only having the top 5 teams in the EPL. No point discussing TS here though so I'll leave that there.

GTA is not made by 2K, it is made by Rockstar and 2K (Take-Two) are the distributors. Spec Ops again was not made by 2K either, rather published and distributed by them. I thought Mafia 2 was very average.

I'm not taking anything away from NBA 2K - it is a top quality sports game, but people seem to think that they would do a better job than EA with a football game... Their other sports games make me doubt that very much.

Last edited:
This doesn't happen even in the demo.
Playing Liverpool - City I missed a tackle against Nasri, he went on a run with the ball and Johnson (the player I was controlling) couldn't keep up, let alone reach him.

Same goes for Sturridge for example: without the ball he's unreachable, and with the ball he still can outpace someone (but not everyone like when he has not the ball).
Yep. I've skinned defences (and been skinned myself) with quick players. Use the knock-on when sprinting and a defender is going to struggle to keep up.

Not played the demo loads since I posted the other day, but nice to see you can hit hard low shots cleanly through the keepers legs.

Specially CPU players...
I dont know...

I've been getting knee deep in the championship and had some real crunching affairs with Brighton and Brentford last night...it's all about laying off the sprint button and tempo and speed is dictated by how you play..I can get the game to slow to a crawl.

I find the lesser teams need to take a touch or two before they can execute the perfect pass or shot just how it should be and for me the balance is there of being higly playable yet realistic.

Sprints whores won't get the most out of this game and overall I'm dead chuffed the strides the game has made this year.

im really warming to the player faces and there's no doubt a lot of work has gone into the smaller teams.

I'm also feeling a real difference between the bigger and smaller clubs and the different player attributes.

Football is fast and high tempo now but like I stated earlier you have direct control of this with the way you play its not forced.

A big thing I'm also noticing is player awareness..the bigger teams with the better players have better off the ball movement and you really notice a player like tevez for example and how hard he works to gain space and get himself into a good position as he would in real life,getting himself into wider positions or dropping back when a supporting midfielder has overlapped..

It's all the subtle things that aren't always obvious at first glance that shine.

Full game is excellent. Really good.

Co-op camera, custom height 2 and zoom 2.

Looking forward to the full game a lot now as I'm still paranoid about using my hours up on the 6 hour trial.

Can someone just answer this, as the mrs is away so would be ideal.

Is there anything I can pay or get, to get the 6 hour trial on PS4 now, or is it just XBone?

Can someone just answer this, as the mrs is away so would be ideal.

Is there anything I can pay or get, to get the 6 hour trial on PS4 now, or is it just XBone?

Not on PS4.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-passed-on-ea-access-for-ps4-as-its-not-good-value

Question:

Anyone have the early access and played FIFA 15, can you tell me how is the AI. I like in demo that we have space and we can play through the middle. Is the same on full game or they changed it and made it like FIFA 14? Hope no.

I've been getting knee deep in the championship and had some real crunching affairs with Brighton and Brentford last night...it's all about laying off the sprint button and tempo and speed is dictated by how you play..I can get the game to slow to a crawl.

I find the lesser teams need to take a touch or two before they can execute the perfect pass or shot just how it should be and for me the balance is there of being higly playable yet realistic.

Sprints whores won't get the most out of this game and overall I'm dead chuffed the strides the game has made this year.

im really warming to the player faces and there's no doubt a lot of work has gone into the smaller teams.

I'm also feeling a real difference between the bigger and smaller clubs and the different player attributes.

Football is fast and high tempo now but like I stated earlier you have direct control of this with the way you play its not forced.

I agree that you can dictate the tempo and speed but in my opinion the players are still to fast in make turns and change directions...
I think that ball control and dribling need more work in fifa to become more realistic...
The CPU some times take the ball to the side and the player get turning to one side to another in a very unrealistic way...it look and feel strange...

One question...
I personalize my customize tatic but if during the match i activate other tatic ( long ball for example), how can i come back to my custom tatic?
Its not possible anymore?

Full Stadium List

Argentina

La Bombonera - Boca Juniors

Canada

BC Place Stadium - Vancouver Whitecaps

England

All 20 Barclays Premier League stadiums

Anfield - Liverpool FC

Boleyn Ground - West Ham United

Britannia Stadium - Stoke City

Emirates Stadium - Arsenal

Etihad Stadium - Manchester City

Goodison Park - Everton

King Power Stadium - Leicester City

Liberty Stadium - Swansea City

Loftus Road - Queens Park Rangers

Old Trafford - Manchester United

Selhurst Park - Crystal Palace

St. James' Park - Newcastle United

St. Mary's Stadium - Southampton

Stadium of Light - Sunderland

Stamford Bridge - Chelsea

The Hawthorns - West Bromwich Albion

The KC Stadium - Hull City

Turf Moor - Burnley

Villa Park - Aston Villa

White Hart Lane - Tottenham Hotspur

+ Wembley Stadium - England NT

France

Parc des Princes - Paris Saint-Germain

Stade Gerland - Olympique Lyonnais

Germany

Allianz Arena - Bayern München, TSV 1860 München

Imtech Arena - Hamburger SV

Olympiastadion - Hertha BSC

Signal Iduna Park - Borussia Dortmund

Veltins-Arena - FC Schalke 04

Italy

Juventus Stadium - Juventus

San Siro/Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - AC Milan, Inter

Stadio Olimpico - Lazio, Roma

Mexico

Estadio Azteca - Club América, Mexico NT

The Netherlands

Amsterdam ArenA - Ajax, The Netherlands NT

Saudi Arabia

King Fahd International Stadium - Al Hial, Al Nassr, Al Shabab

Spain

Camp Nou - FC Barcelona

Estadio Vicente Calderon - Atlético de Madrid

Mestalla - Valencia

Santiago Bernabéu - Real Madrid

Ukraine

Donbass Arena - Shakhtar Donetsk

Generic Stadiums

Molton Road
O Dromo
Sanderson Park
Stade Kokoto
Stade Municipal
Stadio Classico
Stadio Comunale
Stadion 23. Maj
Stadion Europa
Stadion Hanguk
Stadion Neder
Stadion Olympik
Town Park
Union Park Stadium
Akaaroa Stadium
Aloha Park
Arena D’Oro
Arena del Centenario
Court Lane
Crown Lane
Eastpoint Arena
El Libertador
El Monumento
Estadio El Medio
Estadio Presidente G. Lopes
Estadio de las Artes
Euro Park
Forest Park Stadium
Ivy Lane
La Canchita
Walstadion

Having all 20 EPL grounds is fantastic, hopefully over the years they expand on that into other top leagues around the world and perhaps eventually into the lower tiers. I'd imagine the stadia of the three relegated sides will remain in FIFA 16?

There's a healthy selection of generic grounds there as well which should provide decent variety throughout the game.

Back
Top Bottom