FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I was another that wasn't that fussed on the demo. I thought it lacked the smoothness and fluidity that NG Fifa 14 had, despite its obvious improvements in many areas.

That is definitely back with the full version. It's a lot more polished. Still not perfect, and keepers can on the very, very odd occasion be a bit silly, but other than that I've been left very impressed.

Playing with the top players is an absolute joy... Drawing fouls, skipping past a defender with subtle touches as opposed to pure pace, and yet players like Bale and Ronaldo still have lightning pace that can see you pass defenders with ease, but not unrealistically so.

And I'm not sure if it's just me, but those player models also seem fixed.

Excited for unlimited play time next week!

However, I'm not convinced that online it's not just going to be another sprint fest. Thankfully I stay away from that side of things most of the time.

And, what I'm even more excited about is how PC mods can take this to yet another level.

Last edited:
Just played my 1st Early Access game. Played as Aston Villa at home to Motherwell (didn't realize the scottish prem was in too). 1st thing I noticed is that the game definitely feels heavier & slower than the demo, both ball and players are less floaty. Was great to see Villa Park in the game (Villa are my 2nd team as Im from Birmingham). I played on Prof difficulty, 10 minute halves & full manual with no slider adjustments yet. You can also choose the time of the day now as the option wasn't in the demo. My 'only' concern from that game is that the CPU didn't foul me once, may of just been one of those things but really hoping they haven't toned down fouls from the demo. Loved my first game all in all though. Next up is Everton (my team) at home....dunno who against yet.

Forgot to mention, deadline day transfers are in, as long as you download the latest squads ;-)

Last edited:
Def feels slower and heavier for me. Getting worried about the fouls though. There were some serious fouling going on in my 2nd game and still nothing given. Thats 1 foul ive had awarded to me in 2 games!.

Is the pace of the full game really slower than the demo, or is it just placebo like every year?
A factor could be the longer halves - perhaps the CPU team plays less frenetically when they have more time? Could also affect their desire to press/tackle so often... I don't know if the AI actually works like that but it could explain the difference between demo and full game.

After installing last night, I kept getting the following error on the splash screen:

"Update in Progress

An update for this game or app needs your attention. Go to your Games & Apps to see what it needs."

Don't believe there was anything required, so unsure why I couldn't play.

Deleted it this morning and currently re-downloading :(

After installing last night, I kept getting the following error on the splash screen:

"Update in Progress

An update for this game or app needs your attention. Go to your Games & Apps to see what it needs."

Don't believe there was anything required, so unsure why I couldn't play.

Deleted it this morning and currently re-downloading :(

Found this mate ...same error..don't know if it will help but maybe worth a try -> http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4274/t/1651299.aspx

The guys on the EA boards are saying it's far too fast still.

But then I can NEVER work out that messageboard. It's a FIFA board yet most of them are so anti-FIFA/EA it's unreal.

Apparently my early access was renewed automatically... When will I have early access to FIFA 15 on the PS4 then?

Just had the best 0-0 I think ive ever had on a Fifa game. Loving this so far!

And ive only got 3 hrs left....ggrrr

Last edited:
Is the BUG with direct volley from corners still there? And are the finess shot from outside the goalarea very easy to score because the goalie is to far out?

On PC, seen way too many instances where goalkeepers run towards the ball before going into their saving animation, when the ball is struck from outside the area or non 1v1 situations.

That's EA Access. Early Access is available on all platforms but not currently on any platforms yet.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I checked the website and it says:

Moving forward, this will be the last year that EA SPORTS Season Ticket is offered. Madden NFL 15, FIFA 15 and NHL 15 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be the final games to participate in this program.

While EA SPORTS Season Ticket is going away, the same offers it previously had will continue this year. This includes:

Three days early access to Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, and FIFA 15
24 weeks of Ultimate Team packs for all participating titles
20 percent discount on DLC

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2014/changes-to-ea-sports-season-ticket

Last edited:
Played a couple of hours on the one on ea access and I'm loving it...didn't take to the demo but longer games and the chance to thrash out some of the lesser teams has for me shown what a stellar version this years FIFA is.

Better ai,variatiion in attack and less precise dribbling with more error,compared to the demo.

Enjoying the pes15 demo but the fluidity and responsiveness of FIFA shines and I love the low shots with little power that you can dink in the corners.

Well worth the 3.99 on access for a brief trial and Im going to download with the 10 percent off next week.

Still torn on pes this year so much good but in comparison to FIFA the defending is to hap hazard and clunky and despite some positives doesn't have the FIFA level of response and fluidity...you just feel more connected with FIFA and in control.

If only FIFA had pes15 models and faces!...two really good footie games this year..it's just ones much more polished.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom