FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Can we tackle the CPU on World Class and Legendary or they still have super-humans reflexes and get away in 99% of the tackle attempts?

2 audio questions for the full game

In career mode, does the commentary focus on the World Cup/last prem season all the time ?
I hated being 6 years in and they'd still be talking about how Newcastle struggled in Europa last season, the new French players and Pardew, despite the game sacking him and selling the French players and not being in Europe ever.

Is alan McNally still robotic, unenthusiastic and disjointed when announcing other games goals?

MY first year playing FIFA on the new consoles. Huge difference. Love all the new animations and immersive details such as two balls being on the field at once and the way players take a couple of steps back to hit long balls up the field.

Cant wait to get the full version..PES is decent this year but its lacking on something for me..when i switched straight from PES demo to FIFA demo there was an instant change that anything it could happen..PES felt a bit restricted even on zero bar passing..+ in 10 games on PES ive only had one foul and that was because i shot as a tackle come in rather than the AI attempting to foul..in fact in PES im not sure ive seen the AI slide tackle

Cant wait to get the full version..PES is decent this year but its lacking on something for me..when i switched straight from PES demo to FIFA demo there was an instant change that anything it could happen..PES felt a bit restricted even on zero bar passing..+ in 10 games on PES ive only had one foul and that was because i shot as a tackle come in rather than the AI attempting to foul..in fact in PES im not sure ive seen the AI slide tackle

Are there more fouls by the AI now or is it the same as the last one?

MY first year playing FIFA on the new consoles. Huge difference. Love all the new animations and immersive details such as two balls being on the field at once and the way players take a couple of steps back to hit long balls up the field.
Yeah I enjoyed that little detail too - putting your foot on the ball and taking a couple of steps back to lump it upfield. In general I think the aerial game is pretty good this year. Playing long balls in-behind or cross-field is satisfying and there is plenty of scope to get flick-ons or a favourable touch that can create an opportunity.

As Banksy said, playing 6 minute halves (via the PC demo tweaker) really sold this game to me. I'll never understand the decision to ship a demo with a match length so short that it under sells the experience.

I'm pleasantly surprised with next-gen FIFA. On the surface it looks and feels familiar but scratch below and the game has a more organic feel to it. It allows me to play different styles of football effectively which is something I didn't feel with previous FIFAs.

People playing on manual should try using the chipped through ball to cross - it kind of clips the ball in instead of whipping it with pace/curl. Scored a few nice headers from these and the animations are lovely.

You can also use fully powered chipped through balls to play cross-field/diagonal long balls with a different trajectory to the standard long passes.

The range of passing options and freedom to execute the killer passes really shines this year due to the animations and corresponding trajectories/physics. You feel like you can shape the passes as you wish by the player's body position.

The only thing I feel is missing is a modifier to put a bit more elevation on long passes - in PES this was always on R2 but I don't think there's an equivalent in FIFA.

Thanks - I'll give that a go next time I boot up the demo. I did already try it a couple of times but didn't notice any difference.

Got to figure out how to hoof the ball properly before playing the English lower leagues in Career mode :P.

People playing on manual should try using the chipped through ball to cross - it kind of clips the ball in instead of whipping it with pace/curl. Scored a few nice headers from these and the animations are lovely.

You can also use fully powered chipped through balls to play cross-field/diagonal long balls with a different trajectory to the standard long passes.

The range of passing options and freedom to execute the killer passes really shines this year due to the animations and corresponding trajectories/physics. You feel like you can shape the passes as you wish by the player's body position.

The only thing I feel is missing is a modifier to put a bit more elevation on long passes - in PES this was always on R2 but I don't think there's an equivalent in FIFA.

This is a big thing for me and I love it...something I always thought was a bit lacking last year.Adds a extra dimension to the game.

I'm a manual player and cheers for the heads up on the chipped cross,

*Finally* got the early version downloaded and got in a few matches before work. Really enjoyed the longer matches and variation in opposition, and a lot of randomness in match for human and AI. Wish I could give it a real go this weekend but under the five hour mark already. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Yeah I enjoyed that little detail too - putting your foot on the ball and taking a couple of steps back to lump it upfield. In general I think the aerial game is pretty good this year. Playing long balls in-behind or cross-field is satisfying and there is plenty of scope to get flick-ons or a favourable touch that can create an opportunity.

As Banksy said, playing 6 minute halves (via the PC demo tweaker) really sold this game to me. I'll never understand the decision to ship a demo with a match length so short that it under sells the experience.

I'm pleasantly surprised with next-gen FIFA. On the surface it looks and feels familiar but scratch below and the game has a more organic feel to it. It allows me to play different styles of football effectively which is something I didn't feel with previous FIFAs.

+1

Don't understand the ridiculously short games you have no time to test the games depth

Something I'm also noticing is how the counter is really effective and how you can really punish those holes..in previous years the final ball was always a bit lacking and however much a human or the cpu rushed forward it was always easy for them to recover and made any attempt at a counter almost redundant.

Now FIFA feels more chess like and I've had some situations where there plunder has left me with a forward either side of the last man to slot a lovely pass or through ball home.You really feel the effectiveness of quick break and the opponents folly.

It's good to see how FIFA has evolved the last few years,there really starting now to take the skilled end user seriously and finally I feel all my hard work making the ball do all the work is paying off.What was a very playable and technically accomplished game last year on the Xboxone and ps4 has really evolved in all the right areas.Must be pleasing for PC users with good rigs that can now taste what console users had last year and the ignite engines bells and whistles.

Headings a marvel as pointed out by many and a huge leap from the bullet headers of last year,you can really see and visualise why it went over the bar as you snap onto it late to or your body is slightly out of position.

I know many aren't all that taken with this years keepers but I like there falibility.

I can now see why many are speaking so positively about this years offering...it was good last year but all the right screws have been tightened and what at first doesn't seem like much of a overhaul,has all the right tweaks and refinements in all the right places.

Once the laughing stock of the digital football efficinardo,it s hard to argue that it's not now FIFAs playground.

Credit where it's due.

Noticed a number over occasions when an overhit/underhit pass will fool a defender, and the AI will run onto it to capitalize. Tried to thread a through ball that wrong footed both my teammate and a defender, and Sturridge ended up running onto it for a goal. Don't remember that happening much, if at all, last year

I must confess I'm really starting to take to this years FIFA. Like you said, once you put some time in and dig below the surface there's a very good game of football there. Organic is a good word to describe the game, and there's a feeling that anything can happen. For example, during a rainy game, I played a lovely ball played into Sturridge at the top of the box with his back to goal. As the ball came in at speed I made him turn, too quickly evidently, as he slipped on the turf. It wasn't productive but looked very convincing.:) Playing in wet conditions is a pleasure too.

How long is the demo on pc? It's 5 mins each way on consoles so not short.

Never long enough bro,you never have a chance to get into any rythm...a full 20 min match gives your more time to express your football..Im feeling the fatigue more and the heaviness of players as they tire.

Ea for me are starting to hit sim territory,how it will go down with there more casual fanbase will be interesting but I imagine the manual players like me are loving it.

Great finally to have something that really offers the layers as pes did in its hayday.

Something I'm also noticing is how the counter is really effective and how you can really punish those holes..in previous years the final ball was always a bit lacking and however much a human or the cpu rushed forward it was always easy for them to recover and made any attempt at a counter almost redundant.

Now FIFA feels more chess like and I've had some situations where there plunder has left me with a forward either side of the last man to slot a lovely pass or through ball home.You really feel the effectiveness of quick break and the opponents folly.

It's good to see how FIFA has evolved the last few years,there really starting now to take the skilled end user seriously and finally I feel all my hard work making the ball do all the work is paying off.What was a very playable and technically accomplished game last year on the Xboxone and ps4 has really evolved in all the right areas.Must be pleasing for PC users with good rigs that can now taste what console users had last year and the ignite engines bells and whistles.

Headings a marvel as pointed out by many and a huge leap from the bullet headers of last year,you can really see and visualise why it went over the bar as you snap onto it late to or your body is slightly out of position.

I know many aren't all that taken with this years keepers but I like there falibility.

I can now see why many are speaking so positively about this years offering...it was good last year but all the right screws have been tightened and what at first doesn't seem like much of a overhaul,has all the right tweaks and refinements in all the right places.

Once the laughing stock of the digital football efficinardo,it s hard to argue that it's not now FIFAs playground.

Credit where it's due.
im buying the full game regardless i didnt particularly like the demo but all this talk of the pace being slower and ability to play different styles in the game has me supremely excited. I cant wait to play this now

I mean the overpowered L1+TRIANGLE it was still way too accurate in the demo is it better in the full game because when i play fifa offline i play against professional spammers, really annoying cant stand it anymore

How do you play lofted thru ball?
LB/L1 and the through ball button (Y/Triangle).

Has anyone else tried using those lofted through balls as crosses on manual as I mentioned earlier? I had a few games tonight and used it a bit more, and I'm having far more success than I am with the regular crosses.

It doesn't feel overpowered as such, but I feel I have much more control over the ball due to the way it's flighted. Scored a beauty of a header with Sterling, just nipping in front of Demichelis at the near post and guiding it into the top corner.

In previous versions I seem to remember that using the chipped through ball to try this sort of thing would make the players react strangely if you tried playing it to their head with them, like they were scripted to run onto them, but now the reactions seem much more appropriate.

Have been using chipped through for the last five years gives a ton of different variances when used in the 18 yard area of the pitch. Playing on PS4 demo and was up 3-1 game firmly in hand had a breakaway towards goal with Willian and for fun pulled up about 5 meters from the keeper chipped the ball up in the air and Costa headed it down ferociously.

Anybody who says this game does not have tactical depth has not played 3 to 4 straight games with Chelsea park the bus tactic for the whole game with counter attack chosen as the default tactic. This bit of game-play that Fifa has going for it is THE TEMPLATE going forward for any footy game the company is trying to make in the future.

A true two tiered stamina system coupled with more intelligent/organic A.I. routines as well as enhanced individuality for the mid-table /lower league players and its light out. Going to get slated for sure but FIFA is starting to get that 2k feel. Will still support PES because I like variety but with saying that Fifa sure does tick all the right boxes for me as a consumer/football fan.

Last edited:
Have been using chipped through for the last five years gives a ton of different variances when used in the 18 yard area of the pitch. Playing on PS4 demo and was up 3-1 game firmly in hand had a breakaway towards goal with Willian and for fun pulled up about 5 meters from the keeper chipped the ball up in the air and Costa headed it down ferociously.

Anybody who says this game does not have tactical depth has not played 3 to 4 straight games with Chelsea park the bus tactic for the whole game with counter attack chosen as the default tactic. This bit of game-play that Fifa has going for it is THE TEMPLATE going forward for any footy game the company is trying to make in the future.

A true two tiered stamina system coupled with more intelligent/organic A.I. routines as well as enhanced individuality for the mid-table /lower league players and its light out. Going to get slated for sure but FIFA is starting to get that 2k feel. Will still support PES because I like variety but with saying that Fifa sure does tick all the right boxes for me as a consumer/football fan.
bro dont use 2k and pes and fifa in the same statement its blasphemy. 2K is the best sports game in the world

Back
Top Bottom