FIFA 13

Not in FIFA mate. FIFA tries to recapture real-life, not arcade shit in Career Mode <lol>.

Started playing FIFA 12 Career Mode again. With Bayern. Having a blast ;).

Reassure me people, we're not gonna see some stupid stat-increasing-boots in this game are we :LOL: ? This is not good for us (customers) that Konami come up with these dumb ideas, you need the companies to be at their best to deliver the best possible product

ahhwww i wanted to do this :D

Don't bring this in here please. We've already had the PES thread go ape-shit. Let's leave it out of this thread.

I know it's funny, but we already have a thread gone crazy over it and don't want it cloned here too. We should leave this clean for Fifa.

This is what PES fans want in FIFA too. ;)

This is what FIFA is lacking and why realism is missing at times. Along with player personality being hardly visible.

But if they can put it into game, well, as you have said, there would be only 1 choice...

Hi all

Today i played the demo of NHL 13 and i realized that the game has something which fifa doesn't. Momentum. I google it and discovered that ea has introduced this feature for the first time.

My question is why ea didn't import momentum in fifa 13? I hope to see it definitely in fifa 14. With momentum and a realistic AI, to choose a football game will be a peace of cake!

Yeah, we talked about this when the news first hit, quite a while ago. For whatever reason, NHL seems to often be ahead of FIFA in certain areas. But the fact that this was introduced this year in NHL bodes well for FIFA. Hopefully it'll be in next year. It's gotta be the top gameplay priority moving forward.

Hi all

Today i played the demo of NHL 13 and i realized that the game has something which fifa doesn't. Momentum. I google it and discovered that ea has introduced this feature for the first time.

My question is why ea didn't import momentum in fifa 13? I hope to see it definitely in fifa 14. With momentum and a realistic AI, to choose a football game will be a peace of cake!

YouTube - NHL 13 VS NHL 12: Momentum

YouTube - NHL 13 VS NHL 12: Explosiveness (From Today's Live Stream)

I think there has been a few things come across from NHL usuallly the year after they appear in that game.

I have no doubt now that momentum is in Fifa 14.

They share resources between each other and this has to come across.

This is what PES fans want in FIFA too. ;)

This is what FIFA is lacking and why realism is missing at times. Along with player personality being hardly visible.

But if they can put it into game, well, as you have said, there would be only 1 choice...

I don't think so, Fifa 08/09 had momentum/inertia but they didn't put PES out of business. Having it back in Fifa 14 will surely help, but there are other deeper things to improve as well like player-individuality/personality, tactical depth and defensive AI.

And since Konami is also improving its game with next year probably getting a major graphics/animation-upgrade, I really don't see a point in time when there is only one choice. And that is good cause having only one choice considerably reduces the incentive for the developer to reinvent themselves and push forward. This competition between EA and Konami is hugely rewarding for the consumer, in fact I would wish for a third competitor to stir things up, for example 2k, but considering the licensing-reality I can't see that happening.

Last edited:
I would be optimistic with PES in general, if the team didn't screw up so much.

The gameplay in PES 2013 is v. good. What do they ruin now? Master League. -.-

I don't trust them anymore. I only hope that they don't destroy possibilities of FOX.

EA doesn't say openly what they are doing. It may be that FIFA 14 is already being made for 2 years behind the scenes on completely new engine. Who knows that? They can assign people to do it and have resources to do it.

Good times ahead anyway :D.

I've heard that EA are trying to make things more unpredictable on the pitch by adding dynamic first touch control and improving the impact engine and attacking A.I etc. I know that's old news but I only read up on it today.
I really hope this works well and that FIFA can finally be an addictive single player experience, because FIFA for me has always been a bore after 1 month of playing and unless you take it online it just doesn't have much lifespan for me.
The improvements to Career Mode sound very promising too, it would be nice to be able to feel how much better your latest signing is compared to the rest of your team and things like that. Thats always been missing from FIFA, and if that improves then I'll be impressed.
I'd love it if they could pull it off, or get some way there. I've tried out the PES demos and everyone seems impressed this year which makes me think that game is no longer for me, because I found it dull, unresponsive and frustrating (as usual on this gen).

just checked my ea sports season ticket and dates are up for fifa, the 22nd on which is on the site, on my console, it say's its 24-28th

quite disappointed

After hearing what they've done to the master league I may have to switch to FIFA.
One thing I don't like re FIFA is that the pitch is too small. Anyone else think so?

Yes. Even goals are not accurately dimensioned. Its very "uncomfortable" the feel of size and proportions in EA´s football game.
Can´t wait for a deep, rewarding, challenging, manager mode in Fifa 13. I hope.

Last edited:
Nerf, didn't you used to be a Liverpool fan? What happened?

Sorry for the off-topic, but this intrigues me.
Senility must be setting in already, gerd :P ... I'm afraid you must be mistaking me for someone else, because I don't know where you'd get that from.

One thing I don't like re FIFA is that the pitch is too small. Anyone else think so?

The pitch is ok. Only the tele camera makes the ptich looks small. But it's not. If you change the camera for example to tele-broadcast, then you can see that the pitch has normal size.

Unfortunately none of the existing cameras are great. The only camera that i really like is from gameplay football.

Back
Top Bottom