FIFA 13

Does anyone know if the PC version of FIFA 13 will be exactly the 'same'(engine, gameplay, technology,..) as the PS3/Xbox360 versions? I remember that in the previous years this wasn't really the case?

Ok, the 'SkiLlErZ' (you know the idiots you play online) have posted their videos of playing Fifa 13 to show how arcadey the game can be made to look..

I debated putting these in here because i know it'll put people off... this is the worst i will ever look, and didn't feel like this when i played it a few weeks back... the defending scares the crap out of me, players just not tracking runs... Oh god i hate it myself!!!! Aaarrrggghh

Anyway here goes.... brace yourselves...

YouTube - FIFA 13 Community Event Montage

YouTube - FIFA 13 Exclusive Gameplay: Air Japes vs. KSIOlajidebt

Just checked season ticket again and has changed to 22nd like says on the site, hopefully stays like that now

Ok, the 'SkiLlErZ' (you know the idiots you play online) have posted their videos of playing Fifa 13 to show how arcadey the game can be made to look..

I debated putting these in here because i know it'll put people off... this is the worst i will ever look, and didn't feel like this when i played it a few weeks back... the defending scares the crap out of me, players just not tracking runs... Oh god i hate it myself!!!! Aaarrrggghh

Anyway here goes.... brace yourselves...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo................:PUKE:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo................:PUKE:

I'm still of the opinion the game plays how you want it too. I could slow the game down and make it feel more realistic when i played it. However in clubs and head to head if they wanna ping pong etc... Its all still there by the looks of it....

The big worry for me is this footage isnt from the demo, it's later code. Its close to the full game... If not actual final code.

I remember last year playing and early version that was better than the game they released.

Sliders are just not a good enough excuse anymore because they are not there online.

assisted controls of always been horrible, its unfortunate that the majority of the early videos are played by people who just want to ping it about and run about like loons. FIFA caters for that kind of player. Fortunately you can put everything on manual or semi manual and increase the error sliders and slow it down and that is when the game caters for the more dedicated players who like a challenge and a bit of realism. I'm still playing FIFA 12 so I know FIFA 13 is a no brainer for me

No both the 360/PS3 and PC versions are identical this year as they were last year.

not strictly true as the PC can output true 1080p so looks better.and also this year XBOX has kinect for subs etc and the picking up of foul language..so the XBOX has more features this year..I'll be sticking with the PC version I think

Techfit kits, nice addition.

34rj38w.png

some nice movements added i've noticed but assisted looks horrible this year

This is bizarre, all this ManCity guy does is L1 + Triangle, and the attacker is never caught in offside position.

Trying something different, passing the ball around in aslower pace and trying to shoot from different angles, all these things seem useless, it's not rewarded to play with creativity and plan different attacking plays with patince. It's better just try quick assisted holding 1-2 button and a L1+Triangle pass to own all the defence.

not strictly true as the PC can output true 1080p so looks better.and also this year XBOX has kinect for subs etc and the picking up of foul language..so the XBOX has more features this year..I'll be sticking with the PC version I think

You can use Kinect on PC perfectly fine too mate.

If the feature is there, Fidel or someone might unlock it so PC users can use it too.

:P

The gameplay on those vids looks v. similar to FIFA 12 though. Bit worrying now :/.

It's actually been really quiet this year with regards to news and even videos. All very hush hush which is odd considering the media events and live playing arenas set up worldwide.

Yeah it's pretty weird.

Didn't they used to like release pics and information on different sections of the game each day leading up to the release to kind of build anticipation and countdown....?

Been so quiet this year!

We had some CM news like 2 weeks ago but that was it! nothing since!

Finding the coverage pretty dire myself. I never do think that FIFA looks good on video, but even so, there are some glaring, glaring problems in these videos. Combination of the type of person playing and the game I'm sure.

Rob Hodson was posting up the YouTubers' one word to sum FIFA 13 up. Here is the list

Kazooie94: Brilliant
Wepeeler: Freedom
NepentheZ: Epic
Benoitdx9: Fabuleux
ph1lp0tt0: Delicious
FifaRalle: Awesome
Calfreezy: Realism

Of the seven, five are meaningless superlatives, and one of the others is 'Realism', which is surely laughable. The only one which does ring remotely true from my playtest or the videos is Wepeeler's. It's a very clever marketing fest, but there is something distinctly hollow, and depressingly predictable about it. It sums up FIFA's success as a game in the public eye, and its failure to capture football. These videos are played by people (generally - not in every case) who have become popular by playing FIFA in the most unrealistic way, often on its most unrealistic mode (FUT).

I can understand the appeal of skill videos, but the more influence and input the people who make them get - the more invested EA become in the status quo - the more and more unlikely it is that FIFA can ever break out from under this spell.

Last edited:
Why should they bother doing full fledged marketing this year though? KONAMI shot their both feet in last few weeks.

EA Sports does know that unhappy people will move towards their title.

I for one am anticipating greatness from Offline CM mode this year. Looked heaps improved.

Watching those guys play in that Barca v PSG Video made me feel like the game looks shit. I hate players who do all that fancy tricks and shit.

Thanks for posting that Placebo. But does anyone see the major flaw there?

You beat the guy fair and square - he's on his ass. By the time you've taken your next touch, he's up off the ground and side by side with you!!! Like I've said before, even after you leave someone flat footed...or in this case, flat out on the ground, they still catch up to you straight away. You should have had a few strides before he was anywhere near you.

dude was on his ass and still up in time to jostle you before you took 2 steps LOL!

I always wonder why folk rave about the wepeeler videos.

It just reminds you how bad the game can be and folk think its amazing that instead of shooting these guys do 40 zidane roulletes, 10 fake rabonas, 5 ronaldo chops and then assisted rocket shot from the half way line.

To top it off they all have names like xxxM4dSk11lZxxx, there should be a filter for these names :)

I dont get why they dont all just play Fifa Street.

Back
Top Bottom