FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Forget the celebration - what on earth was the centre back doing???? Look at the goal scored at 2:28 or thereabouts. When the striker runs through, the centre back makes a step in his direction then pulls back and around to the top of the 18 yard box giving him a clear run on goals? What the?!

Oh yeah, never noticed that! How strange, I've never seen that in the console version. I was tempted to get a Vita and FIFA was one of the main reasons, but apparently it doesn't have sliders....so probably I won't bother. It does look impressive though.

As for the celebrations, I'll try some of the signature ones to see if it cuts to that kind of TV camera angle. It's not remotely important, I just thought they look better than in the console versions which is odd.

Does anyone else find half the time when you score a goal, the camera zooms really close then doesn't keep up with the player, making it look like he's either way off camera or has disappeared? Having the commentator go crazy, the crowd roaring, and a camera shot of an advertising board kind of ruins the illusion somewhat!

Yeah it's just a transfer update, and I presume we won't be prompted to download like a patch, rather through the squad updates option in the menus.

Does anyone else find half the time when you score a goal, the camera zooms really close then doesn't keep up with the player, making it look like he's either way off camera or has disappeared? Having the commentator go crazy, the crowd roaring, and a camera shot of an advertising board kind of ruins the illusion somewhat!

nope....im on pc btw....I get all kinds of angels..sometimes even auto celebrations I cant control. Sometimes I can pull off 3 or 4 manual celebrations..

After finishing Arkham City, had a hankering for some footy so fired up pro, after the 3rd time in the same halve my back line had disintegrated for absolutely no reason i just thought fuck it i'm giving fifa a go.

Only hand a few games so are but I have to say initial impressions are that it might fill a void. I used Placebo's slider settings but have since brought down the pass speed cause i thought it felt to quick, made a few other tinkers here and there. I'm seeing good team shape and movement, feels nice and fluid, good keepers as well. Not to sure about the way the camera moves, seems to jerk at times when the ball goes from end to end, but that might be my pc settings.

Gonna give it a proper go right now, put a couple hours in, hopefully i will have some enjoyable games.

dynamic zoomed out 20, height 0. (or zoom 0, height 20?) Whatever is fully zoomed out anyway then height full in the opposite.

Id rather use tele or tele broadcast for a bigger picture and for making long balls etc...and more real life like tv or vieiwng experience.

Dynamic is a bit too close up...But I get the best results when I play it.

Think I use tele zoomed all the way out with height all the way up or such, hate playing Sunderland as their pitch zooms out about 20% less :( I'll take a pic of my settings :)

Think I use tele zoomed all the way out with height all the way up or such, hate playing Sunderland as their pitch zooms out about 20% less :( I'll take a pic of my settings :)

Dont you find it harder to dribble and skill moves and beat players and finish from such a distance?

to me the benefit of the close in view is that it is much easier to see the players footing close up and aim into the net etc...

Wehn I zoom out I find these aspects much harder.

What I prefer zoomed out is the ability to view all over pitch and make long passes and read game etc...

Speaking of cameras, what settings are people using? Placebo, I'd be interested to know what you use.

Go back and forth but I am going to settle on Tele Broadcast. Height at 20 and Zoom on 15. Plays nice you can see a lot and the graphics are nice. Don't like Tele and Dynamic is just impossible to play any manual on.

I've also used 15-10 and 10-0 on Tele Broadcast.

dynamic no zoom, height around mid section, full manual world class = using edited AI patch, custom grass and custom nets = amazing. For me its all about quick glance on the map to see players far away. Second nature to me since ive been playing footy games with maps since kick off

Has anyone noticed any issues with their ongoing CM after the new update?

Also, are the squad changes or extra players reflected in CM if you already started that mode?

ta

Last edited:
Seen people on the FifaForums whinging about liverpool players (i.e Carroll) having 5* skill moves...does this even affect CM and offline mode, since the AI aren't known for their skills.

That site is seriously a joke, people going crazy about Evra going down by 1! point in sprint speed 80 to 79 ¬¬

Last edited:
I think it's a pretty good indication of how much I enjoy playing this that I'm still playing it and it's nearly March. Most of the time I've well given up on FIFA after a few weeks but this is still playing a very good game of football.

It it just me but moving from Professional to World Class has somehow made pass error much more noticeable for both teams?

There seem to be more mishit and innacurate passes from my players and CPU than on Pro. I also swear that the difference between players is more noticeable. Which is actually awesome. I played a match where I started Flamini, who was very low on morale and form, and I ended up not wanting to give him the ball because near on every pass I made with him would go seriously astray. Plus, the CPU gave away a lot of passes too, including many long balls to no-one, just as in real life.

I've also noticed an absolute ton more free kicks for both sides. Only problem with that is that on WC I'm giving penalties away all over the place. I can barely use the tackle button in my own box. But generally the ref seems to award a ton more free kicks than before.

I'm still loving the game too though, as I'm improving I'm being able to pull off more and more types of goal I'd never previously scored. I'm really glad that my sliders I was using on Professional actually work better on World Class.

NEW UPDATE
- No news hairstyle
- No news faces
- No news boots
- No news balls
- No news kits
- No new nothing...

shit EA

You got a couple of things wrong there! They did change a few things with Man United.

They gave Jonny Evans a new hairstyle.
They gave De Gea a new face.
They gave Cleverley a new face.
They gave Valencia a new face and new hair.
THEY FRIGGIN BROUGHT BACK PAUL SCHOLES!!!

:P:P:P:P:P

Back
Top Bottom