FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I assume you mean legacy not legendary?
With legacy defending you only had to hold the pressure button and your player would home in on the ball carrier like a laser guided missile, and take it off him with a tackle.
Holding secondary pressure now wont do that, it will close in and pressure the ball carrier as its meant to but stay a yard or so away from him so you still have to time your time and/or cover passing lanes etc.

tactical is nothing like legacy.

yeh i noticed that...he doesnt go right into him but still for me its made it easier swapping them buttons over.

I hardly ever use contain or jockey.

Yeah Tactical defending is great.

I play with my brother in law and he plays everything assisted and legacy defending and I have everything manual and tactical defending.

So frustrating when he is pressuring all of the time and I get a proper spanking sometimes. But it is worth it when I beat him, knowing that I I am on all manual. To be fair most games are pretty close.

I use the games against him though as practice, I don't expect to win, so when I do it is a pleasant suprise.

He sounds like my mates lol. I've added you to Xbox live so when we're both on, we'll do a friendly season, full manual :BOP:

not many u guys play on pc?

Im thinking buying another copy just so i can play my mates on ps3. I bought PC version as it was cheaper plus has better gfx and quicker load times. As my pc is much more powerful than my ps3.

I'm on PC, going back to the console would kill me. Such a pain in the arse compared to the PC.

how so?

All i see is better graphics and i guess the loading screens are faster but I havent made a point to notice.

Whats your origin name. Ill give you some freindlies sometime. Oh your in USA, maybe itll lag bad?

Mainly the load times. Especially in CM they're unbearably long on the PS3 compared to the PC which are basically instantaneous.

My Origin ID is Smeg7. My internet connection is quite fast (for the US anyway, I don't think that's saying much when compared with the rest of the world) so it might be ok. I don't think I'll be on til the new squad update is released though.

I've been half considering getting a gaming PC so I'm curious how the graphics fareconpared to consoles in FIFA12. Is it really much better? Any videos of PC FIFA12 seem to look exactly the same to me.

On another note, does anyone find much difference if you play players out of position? I've had to in CM due to injuries and didn't notice any real difference. I'm a bit concerned the game might be like older versions where Ledley King could play up front and still be just as effective. I'm finding this at the moment, Cleverley operates as a RW just as effectively as a CM, and a LW can play on the right with no real differences.

I've seen some use the flick up first touch to to a Bergkamp spin, which I'd love to do but have no idea how.

I'm pretty sure you can't do a Bergkamp intentionally. I've pulled it off a few times by simply doing the flick move, so I guess it's based on luck, timing, positioning and the skill of a player.

I've been half considering getting a gaming PC so I'm curious how the graphics fareconpared to consoles in FIFA12. Is it really much better? Any videos of PC FIFA12 seem to look exactly the same to me.

The graphics aren't that much better; the main benefit graphics-wise is the higher resolution. There are a few graphics patches that up the LOD but honestly I don't see much of a difference. If you're buying a good pc anyway for proper pc gaming I would definitely get Fifa too. It's on sale at Amazon.com for $18 right now (although I'm not sure if that deal is on Amazon UK).

I'm pretty sure you can't do a Bergkamp intentionally. I've pulled it off a few times by simply doing the flick move, so I guess it's based on luck, timing, positioning and the skill of a player.

I d it up and it is possible to do intentionally, it's just crazily hard to get the right circumstance and timing with the right stick. Worth a try now and again though! ;))

I just did the newest challenge (equalise as Liverpool in the United match). Scored with Suarez by cutting inside Evra in the 90th minute. :P

Felt so wrong!

The graphics aren't that much better; the main benefit graphics-wise is the higher resolution. There are a few graphics patches that up the LOD but honestly I don't see much of a difference. If you're buying a good pc anyway for proper pc gaming I would definitely get Fifa too. It's on sale at Amazon.com for $18 right now (although I'm not sure if that deal is on Amazon UK).

Cheers for the advice on the PC version :)). Im not sure if I'll go down the PC rout but it's tempting!

There isn't a defense free form option ;)

erm i cnt recall i will need to check but there is like 2 sections

build up play

attack

??
i cant recall. ill get back to u lol

Plus you can move bar up to make players make more runs or less runs or play for long balls or short passes etc..there is quite a lot u can do to change way your team plays with custom tactics.

Do people even bother doing skills during the matches? I always get tackled.:CONFUSE: Also, how do you nice chipped passess over the top?

Do people even bother doing skills during the matches? I always get tackled.:CONFUSE: Also, how do you nice chipped passess over the top?

In 09, 10, and 11 I could use step overs quite effectively but I just can't do them in 12. As for chipped passes, I've found that chipped throughball (LB + Y) is too powerful for those delicate balls over the top, so I just use the regular lob button. Sometimes I use the LT modifier but that doesn't work as well as it did in previous versions because now they do that stupid rabona pass instead of adding more loft to it.

Just tried manual corssing. Its great especially when you get a lot off time on the ball or space...can really make crosses go where u want....obvs easy to mess up also though.

Apart from shooting+passing on semi im full manual now...opens up the game a lot.

Just tried manual corssing. Its great especially when you get a lot off time on the ball or space...can really make crosses go where u want....obvs easy to mess up also though.

Apart from shooting+passing on semi im full manual now...opens up the game a lot.

Manual passing is really easy. Try it. Put your pass error slider on 40.

Manual passing is really easy. Try it. Put your pass error slider on 40.

Ok i can but the way I see it having semi pass is quite good as it means i have options for manual anyway...through ball and lofted balls.

If I want a sort of auto pass that I dont need to worry about I also have that option...but it aint gonna be a killer pass just simple to a player..I think its good that that is automated...manual is all about making passes ahead of players etc I can do that with manual through ball. If I want to just pass to a close by player I dont need to or want to have to make big efforts or worry about messing it.

However, I have semi passing with power assist off I find lots off my passes go astray anyway, overhit a lot etc...

Sorry for the totally random question but I was looking at FIFA12 on the PS Vita earlier and noticed that when the person in the video scored with Hernandez and Nani, the game cut to a really cool TV camera showing the celebrations.

Is this possible in the console/PC versions, or is it just a Vita thing? It looks miles better IMO than the current way it's done. I've never tried the signature celebrations that are specific to certain players so I was wondering if this happens when you use them in the console versions? Perhaps using the signature celebrations cuts to this camera or something?

Check out what I mean;

YouTube - FIFA 12 Vita Gameplay - fc barcelona vs manchester united

My goal celebrations in FIFA12 are always really close up and half the time the camera can't even keep up with the goalscorer, leaving camera shot of the crowd and nothing else.

Last edited:
Sorry for the totally random question but I was looking at FIFA12 on the PS Vita earlier and noticed that when the person in the video scored with Hernandez and Nani, the game cut to a really cool TV camera showing the celebrations.

Is this possible in the console/PC versions, or is it just a Vita thing? It looks miles better IMO than the current way it's done. I've never tried the signature celebrations that are specific to certain players so I was wondering if this happens when you use them in the console versions? Perhaps using the signature celebrations cuts to this camera or something?

Check out what I mean;

My goal celebrations in FIFA12 are always really close up and half the time the camera can't even keep up with the goalscorer, leaving camera shot of the crowd and nothing else.

Every time my kid scores on me I am subjected to the signature celebration close up so I think it is due to a custom celebration not the handheld. :TTTH:

Check out what I mean;

Forget the celebration - what on earth was the centre back doing???? Look at the goal scored at 2:28 or thereabouts. When the striker runs through, the centre back makes a step in his direction then pulls back and around to the top of the 18 yard box giving him a clear run on goals? What the?!

The body model really looks worse than Fifa10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the celebration - what on earth was the centre back doing???? Look at the goal scored at 2:28 or thereabouts. When the striker runs through, the centre back makes a step in his direction then pulls back and around to the top of the 18 yard box giving him a clear run on goals? What the?!
The one under the player's control? Can't be easy playing with finger nails like those :P

Back
Top Bottom