FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

You got a couple of things wrong there! They did change a few things with Man United.

They gave Jonny Evans a new hairstyle.
They gave De Gea a new face.
They gave Cleverley a new face.
They gave Valencia a new face and new hair.
THEY FRIGGIN BROUGHT BACK PAUL SCHOLES!!!

:P:P:P:P:P

They also gave Neymar a new face, which is baffling, since he looks worse then before.:SHOCK:

You got a couple of things wrong there! They did change a few things with Man United.

They gave Jonny Evans a new hairstyle.
They gave De Gea a new face.
They gave Cleverley a new face.
They gave Valencia a new face and new hair.
THEY FRIGGIN BROUGHT BACK PAUL SCHOLES!!!

:P:P:P:P:P

oh! premier league...What novelty..!!
where is busquets,pedro,marcelo, di maria....
where is the new nike boots?

konami have a worst game, but more detail with his users...

This is all a mute point. It's a transfer data update, and it's never been anything other than that. Any tiny cosmetic changes to players etc are simply a nice little bonus, because EA never stated once that anything other than transfers were being included.

PES FANBOY ALERT!!!

fifa is better in animations, clubes, etc..

but this game is expensive..I need more, i need full barça, full madrid.

stoke city? everton? charizards team? bah, this is smalls teams...don't laught me
i want licenses of best teams, of every league...
firts the full face of BIGS
Is important gameplay, and graphics...

if you put a update, put it good

the next season, FIFA 12.5

pd: Pes is shit.

Last edited:
Okay I'm still loving the game on World Class but I'm still finding it disconcertingly easy to keep the ball and keep turning a defender around the edge of their penalty area until a gap opens up for me to shoot. I don't think it's a result of sliders, if anything I've set them up to reduce this and increase the pressing.

Does anyone else find this? Here's an example;

YouTube - Dribbling

Okay I'm still loving the game on World Class but I'm still finding it disconcertingly easy to keep the ball and keep turning a defender around the edge of their penalty area until a gap opens up for me to shoot. I don't think it's a result of sliders, if anything I've set them up to reduce this and increase the pressing.

Does anyone else find this? Here's an example;

YouTube - Dribbling

If you can handle the ball really well the CPU will allow it on WC. They play a little closer on Legendary though. What is your Marking set on?

This game frustrates me still. With all the great stuff they have going on, e.g. shooting, freedom of where to put the ball, graphics, animations, commentary etc, they STILL can't fix the basic movement with the ball, especially from the CPU.

When the CPU has the ball and is trying to keep it off you, every time they turn, the touch is way too big and they move from side to side like a slalom skiier. And always with the outside of the foot. They've improved so many areas of the game except this.

loving Fifa12 this year I really am.
Didnt like it at first - hence the constant trades between Fifa and PES - but now Im setteled its fantastic.

Really liking the online games. Seem to get a lot more people willing to use other teams over Barca and Real all the time. I use Bayern Munich online and had 3 great games last night losing 3-1 to Spurs, Beating Spurs 1-0 and losing to Napoli 2-1.

Loved it.

what is the correct procedure to have official winter transfer squads saved always?

now everytime i exit fifa 12, squads are reset to old ones. i remember i had this same issue with fifa 11. i forgot how i solved it.

any tips?

I just wish someone would play on manual. I got to Div 8 on assisted then thought I'd play manual and I couldn't find a game so I just played as manual vs others being assisted and keep getting my butt kicked lol.

thats a good point I play on semi/manual and i play on assisted games so I wodne rhow many others use assisted.

I just wish someone would play on manual. I got to Div 8 on assisted then thought I'd play manual and I couldn't find a game so I just played as manual vs others being assisted and keep getting my butt kicked lol.

I usually find a few people each time I play, a couple of times it hasn't found anybody, but it has been rare in my experience.

Not sure about the next couple of days, I have to do alot of work at home.

What time are you usually on? I will try and come on around those times, maybe Sunday.

Is it really hard to score free kicks in this game, does it make a huge difference FK takers stats?

In PES I found FK easy, in FIFA I am shokcing, every player seems differnt and putting swerve or moving left stick seems to send ball any random place.

Only wya I ever scored was aim then shoot and not press left stick for extra movement.

And other way I have most luck is pressing I think L1 or is it R1 to make a finesse type low hard drive shot round the wall.

ANy tips

I've scored a few but I don't really know how. Just 1/3rd to 1/2 on the power bar and I try to curl it around the wall with the left stick.

The left stick represents the curl you want to put on the ball, but it's analogue so you can vary how much sidespin vs topspin you want to put on the ball. Make sure you're wary of that when judging power, for example, because the less you get over the ball the higher the ball tends to go with the same power.

(Note that I've not even tried to master free kicks in FIFA 12 - I'm just reporting what I know from past FIFAs and what seems to be the case when I take the odd FK in 12's Arena).

It it just me but moving from Professional to World Class has somehow made pass error much more noticeable for both teams?

There seem to be more mishit and innacurate passes from my players and CPU than on Pro. I also swear that the difference between players is more noticeable. Which is actually awesome. I played a match where I started Flamini, who was very low on morale and form, and I ended up not wanting to give him the ball because near on every pass I made with him would go seriously astray. Plus, the CPU gave away a lot of passes too, including many long balls to no-one, just as in real life.

I've also noticed an absolute ton more free kicks for both sides. Only problem with that is that on WC I'm giving penalties away all over the place. I can barely use the tackle button in my own box. But generally the ref seems to award a ton more free kicks than before.

I'm still loving the game too though, as I'm improving I'm being able to pull off more and more types of goal I'd never previously scored. I'm really glad that my sliders I was using on Professional actually work better on World Class.

What are your sliders mate? Link..

The left stick represents the curl you want to put on the ball, but it's analogue so you can vary how much sidespin vs topspin you want to put on the ball. Make sure you're wary of that when judging power, for example, because the less you get over the ball the higher the ball tends to go with the same power.

(Note that I've not even tried to master free kicks in FIFA 12 - I'm just reporting what I know from past FIFAs and what seems to be the case when I take the odd FK in 12's Arena).

so what is the effect of pushing up or pushing down on the left stick?

So far I've found it tougher than 11. But that will depend on the Sliders used as well.

Defensively, the CPU pressures you significantly less than it did in 11. I think it has gone a bit too far the other way. But on the other hand I also find it harder to defend against their attack.

Experience varies quite significantly based on Sliders and also standard of opponent, I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom