Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

Just the graphics. Nothing from that press release gave me any indication that FIFA 11 will have the exact same gameplay on both formats.

The game had a presentation in Russia and one of the EA employees said there, that FIFA 11 on PC will be equal to FIFA 10 on ps3/x360, because EA wants the console version to be always a step in front, because of the sales. There was a topic about it on the EA forums, im guessing its true.

So what? Also;

fif3.png

Back line looks better :LOVE:

The game had a presentation in Russia and one of the EA employees said there, that FIFA 11 on PC will be equal to FIFA 10 on ps3/x360, because EA wants the console version to be always a step in front, because of the sales. There was a topic about it on the EA forums, im guessing its true.
Exactly. So the PC Version is even more pointless now.

Exactly. So the PC Version is even more pointless now.

I wouldnt say it. Its still a BIG step ahead compared to the PC version od FIFA 10. Yes, for people, who have a console, its pointless, but for the PC players its still great news:BYE:

Just been reading on the FSB forums that apparently it borrows from both FIFA 10 and WC. Sounds like very weird logic if what Carlitos says is true. I'd understand if they were just doing it this once to get the NG PC version started but giving priority to the console version as a rule seems silly.

Romagnoli when you played the game what is the offside rule like? Is it properly implemented now?

so gameplay pc is from old pc fifa's ? or gameplay is from fifa10 from xbox ?

Yup. It was fixed in WC2010 as well I think.

It's a mix of FIFA 10 and WC2010 on PS3/X360. How the mix works I don't know.

Yeh u can notice from the screenshots that the pc version has the same grafics as the current fifa10 and WC game... they dont have the new body types etc from what i see.

Romi mate, for FIFA 11, they really just have to scrap this 'model system and start again, they still don't look good at all! Their shoulders and the proportion between them, they look far too skinny!

I think EA have to go back to the models they used for players bodies with FIFA 06 RTWC/ World Cup 2006 game, why they go rid of that i don't know?

Oh shit! that's for PC right? i mean the models look like the terrible ones from FIFA 10? The early screenshots from FIFA 11 on the consoles looked decent?

Last edited:

I hated those menus because you cannot create your own seesion in either 1v1, OTP, or Pro Ranked Matches. Liked the FIFA 09 menus better.

Can you not?

On 1v1 and OTP you can can't you? I mean, on custom match if it doesn't find a result it allows you to create a lobby. So you can surely always search for something obscure at which point it allows you to create whatever you want - why you'd need to I'm not really sure.

Romi mate, for FIFA 11, they really just have to scrap this 'model system and start again, they still don't look good at all! Their shoulders and the proportion between them, they look far too skinny!

I think EA have to go back to the models they used for players bodies with FIFA 06 RTWC/ World Cup 2006 game, why they go rid of that i don't know?

Oh shit! that's for PC right? i mean the models look like the terrible ones from FIFA 10? The early screenshots from FIFA 11 on the consoles looked decent?

That's Fifa 11 PC, yeah.

Can you not?

On 1v1 and OTP you can can't you? I mean, on custom match if it doesn't find a result it allows you to create a lobby. So you can surely always search for something obscure at which point it allows you to create whatever you want - why you'd need to I'm not really sure.

yeah exactly. I want to create my manual session right off the bat not scan for 30s for nothing.

Why don't you use the lobbies ant0n? You can make ranked games there can't you? Otherwise people wouldn't be able to cherrypick. I think there should be a manual lobby, definitely, but I'm surprised the manual community haven't taken the initiative with this by creating lobbies called 'manual only' or something.

The best way EA could do things IMO is to create dynamic lobbies so that, when you try to matchmake, you're added to a 'lobby' that other people can browse and people can see what game settings you have before deciding whether or not to join your session. That way you can (for example) sort people by control scheme, connection quality and game speed. At the moment if I search for a slow manual game I either get an exact match or nothing. I'd rather search for a manual game and then see if there are any slow ones going, but override that if I see there's a green connection manual game at normal speed. To be fair this is how lobbies worked with most PC games for over a decade now. Warhawk is a good PS3 example.

Thankfully normal speed is perfect this year so that should make finding games easier..

Last edited:

I tried that once - and someone joined who'd never played on manual before. Best game of my life.

The problem on WC (and you've seen me say this before Rod) is that the lobbies don't even tell you what the room settings are so you end up 'tricking' people into playing semi or manual. Can be very fun when you school a blatant pingponger and watch their world crumble around them! But not exactly fair play.

Just been reading on the FSB forums that apparently it borrows from both FIFA 10 and WC. Sounds like very weird logic if what Carlitos says is true. I'd understand if they were just doing it this once to get the NG PC version started but giving priority to the console version as a rule seems silly.

If that's true then EA Sports are basically insulting PC Gamers.Seriously, that's just ridiculous and absurd.

They say "Fuck off, guys but we don't really care about you.You'll just have to play with the odds and ends, it's not like you're paying something."

This is disgrace.If I was PC Gamer I would be royally pissed off.

I just hope there will be the option to force manual controls in Ultimate team and Clubs, because for manual players these two fantastic modes are unplayable in FIFA 10...

If that's true then EA Sports are basically insulting PC Gamers.Seriously, that's just ridiculous and absurd.

They say "Fuck off, guys but we don't really care about you.You'll just have to play with the odds and ends, it's not like you're paying something."

This is disgrace.If I was PC Gamer I would be royally pissed off.

Yah, I don't see how it could be true tbh. I can understand why the PC version would be lower priority, but enforcing a "one game behind" policy doesn't make sense.

We should be finding out tomorrow anyhow.

Why don't you use the lobbies ant0n? You can make ranked games there can't you? Otherwise people wouldn't be able to cherrypick. I think there should be a manual lobby, definitely, but I'm surprised the manual community haven't taken the initiative with this by creating lobbies called 'manual only' or something.

The best way EA could do things IMO is to create dynamic lobbies so that, when you try to matchmake, you're added to a 'lobby' that other people can browse and people can see what game settings you have before deciding whether or not to join your session. That way you can (for example) sort people by control scheme, connection quality and game speed. At the moment if I search for a slow manual game I either get an exact match or nothing. I'd rather search for a manual game and then see if there are any slow ones going, but override that if I see there's a green connection manual game at normal speed. To be fair this is how lobbies worked with most PC games for over a decade now. Warhawk is a good PS3 example.

Thankfully normal speed is perfect this year so that should make finding games easier..
1. Lobbies work fine in FIFA 10 I create a manual match and get the assited noob to play me. BUT in the WC lobbies they can no longer be used for ranked matches if I recall. Could be wrong but if that is true lobbies are not an option in FIFA 11 unless you let EA know about it Roma. :))

2. FIFA 09's set up let you browse through all the open OTP seesions so you can find the players from a previous match that you liked playing with for example or what rules are being used in a given session etc. etc. in 10 there is none of that unless I spend 30s scanning for nothing in the quick match of OTP ONLY does not include Pro ranked matches.

3. Lobbies would be a great way to resolve this if they were the only way to play an OTP match like in NHL 10. In NHL you have to go to a lobby to play an OTP match of any sort (Pro Ranked matches included). That would help out a lot in FIFA because of the random Pro Ranked matches that are more than pointless with 10 ball hogs running around like 5 year old club teams.

4.Lobbies for game types would be great but EA for some reason just like to neglect the community in this. Why? What is wrong with appealing to all factions of FIFA players? On this same note I hope EA implement the needed leaderboards because it's a joke why they won't. It's a ridiculous how people are forced to play with people they don't want to play with. Same goes for club games. I want to play on a full manual club and see how great it might be to play with people that want to play as realistic a brand of football as possible. It's just mind-boggling and it's why I think EA are stupid (cannot find a better word for it really) for ignoring the community on some of the most talked about complaints with the online play. It's not glitches because they will always exist but it's the exploits caused by the controls and how they could be minimized in frequency if EA would just listen to the hardcore fan. We are the ones that buy the game every year after all.

There will be exploits in FIFA 11 and the implementation of manual leaderboards would help out tremendously in reducing their occurrence.
:SNACK:

Last edited:

Yah, I don't see how it could be true tbh. I can understand why the PC version would be lower priority, but enforcing a "one game behind" policy doesn't make sense.

We should be finding out tomorrow anyhow.

It doesn't, but nothing EA have done with the PC version ever has made sense so this would not be the first time.

Back
Top Bottom