Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

PANIC!

For me, it's just speculation till I see it plastered all over the EA website, tomorrow hopefully.

Fifa 11 - PC - IGN First Look

But it's lacking several of this year's big new features – there's no Personality Plus, for example, nor is there the Pro Passing that's helped to refine the play of the other HD versions of FIFA 11, and while EA touts this as the next-gen experience it feels remarkably like playing last year's game.

Yeah there's nothing "hands-on" about the article.

Suppose it makes sense that if they're starting from scratch with a new career mode it won't have the same name as before. EA Introduces Career Mode + :P

:P

I hope new info on the career mode is tomorrow when the embargo drops for some stuff. Maybe it's just Manager Mode but you can also choose to play as only one player (BAP). Because a proper BAP:Season is basically the manager mode but without managing the team (but everything around it is the same).

And you probably have to work your way up as a manager and won't be able to start at Man United for example. That seems to be how all other career modes will work in EA Sports games.

I'm prying that is it even if it is I can't see us having a better manager style game than we have now...

PANIC!

For me, it's just speculation till I see it plastered all over the EA website, tomorrow hopefully.

Yep, but I'm hoping extra hard now that PES can have full leagues, it's the end of a dedicated Manager Mode in FIFA, slippery slope...
:RANT:

@ Nick: It might just be a name change regarding the MM (at least it's what I'm really hoping).Maybe they will present a new project and they needed a new gimmick name for it.
If there is nothing resembling a corrected MM this year I will not buy that's for sure.I don't play online and mostly it's multiplayer and single player.

I just can't see why they'd put so much work into making the game more of a "sim", taking the advice from the sort of people who enjoy a deeper level of gameplay and then remove a proper career mode.

I don't see where the confusion could possibly lie. It's manager mode with a different name and with BAP added into it. The latter part is assumed, yes, but quite how anyone can take from it that EA have scrapped MM rather than without fully replacing it I don't know.

I don't see where the confusion could possibly lie. It's manager mode with a different name and with BAP added into it. The latter part is assumed, yes, but quite how anyone can take from it that EA have scrapped MM rather than without fully replacing it I don't know.

As I told that HOB guy..;)) The merging of two modes to me is a bad thing, losing a dedicated MM to incorporate Bap will only mean a less in depth MM in my eyes...

I thought they were only talking about the pc version anyway?

Tbh my opinion of MM is so low atm I wouldn't mind a new mode that has been built from the ground up to incorporate the player development aspects with more focus. These days I play a couple of seasons with the original team and then quickly start to fase out the older guys for a lot of money and bring youngsters in.

ManagerMode atm isn't really anything when you think of it; it's a list of players you can buy, a league and cups (with only the ones you are in visible) and some generic sliders you can buy (fitness/scout/etc).

What else does it do? We know player stats were mostly meaningless, atmosphere and stadiums never changed, the sliders just edited a few numbers but really had very little effect to how you experienced the game. If they take out all the fluff (staff upgrades, board nonsense, transfer rumours/sales, emails) there is nothing left.

So I hope they are going to change it, would also make sense in a way to get rid of the ManagerMode name as it has a lot of negativity linked to it.

I believe he's responded Nick - the gist of it is that you've got the wrong end of the stick. I couldn't possibly confirm whether I know anything about this topic already, but it doesn't mean that you have to BAP in order to MM.

Don't panic or overreact to stuff where there's no information to go on - listen to what news comes out this week and judge from that, rather than making wild assumptions.

@ Johnney,

2mil for the bestest biggest most exclusive game on the pc. Is it any wonder they won't waste money on it?

@ That other guy talking about spoilt console gamers,

In what way are we spoilt? If anything console gamers will have less money to spend as they can buy a premium gaming experience for about a 1/5th of a top end gaming pc.

And if you meant because "we" get all the best games it's because the piracy levels are far lower and have a far greater punishment. Modding your console can wreck it, your pc will always be fine.

Or am I "spoilt" because I can count to ten and realise that spending millions on development for it to generate 5% of the sales isn't worth it?!

If anything it's the pc gamers who are acting like spoilt brats, they are in a minority in a sector that will generate a loss for the commercial company yet continue to moan like they are entitled to have the best game for their bestest PC. Just buy a console instead of upgrading a new videocard next time and stop f#$king moaning!

Don't panic or overreact to stuff where there's no information to go on - listen to what news comes out this week and judge from that, rather than making wild assumptions.

Perhaps if they stop faffing around and released some MM news we would need to "assume", they were more than happy to bleat to all and sundry about the new and improved "authentic" MM last year but because we found out what a crock that was they're obviously trying to pretend it never happened.

Bloody YouTube generation... :P

I'm pretty sure they didn't talk about MM until July or so last year. Or was it August? That might have been Clubs.

In any case, what difference would it have made if EA had released mews last month instead of this month? All that would have happened is that some website would have leaked news early last month and people like Nick would have misread things then instead of now. It'd be fix the problem far sooner if the standard of games journalism was improved to make things clear first time round, and if people didn't overreact when they read a snippet of something that doesn't make sense to them.

Perhaps if they stop faffing around and released some MM news we would need to "assume"
If you had it your/(our) way, they'd tell us everything about FIFA 11 all at once... but anyone who knows anything about marketing a game would know that's a bad idea. Drip feed it, sustain interest, generate buzz.

Nick, I suspect we'll be saying good riddance to MM when we find out more about Career Mode.

This is the problem with leaks. Yes you find stuff out early, but if it's wrongly worded or not backed up by a full explanation than a tea cup sized storm brews very quickly.

@Placebo - just start reading from the 'In any case' then.

Last edited:

Negative fuckers :SMUG:

It will probably be like this. Menu option "Career Mode", do you want to make a career as manager or BAP? Manager -> sends you to the improved MM, BAP sends you to the new BAP mode which is basically MM but adjusted for you as a single player.

I think this is much more of bringing BAP:S to a level of MM, and not the other way around.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/989/989290p2.html

Most of the changes have been reserved for the Manager Mode, which has undergone such an overhaul that it's almost a new feature in its own right. 50 improvements have been made, making what felt like an afterthought in previous iterations is now the most comprehensive part of the single player game.

Transfer logic has been heavily improved - no longer will star players be found making bizarre decisions to leave big clubs, with decisions now made using a combination of both club and player prestige - subsequently, the transfer market will be a much more believable place.

There's still more to come, with details about the game's online mode and it's popular Be a Pro option still being kept under wraps; today's hands-on has just given us a taste of what to expect of the next FIFA, and it's a tantalising one at that. But with that target of a 90 score on Metacritic, we can't help but think that it may take a little more to edge FIFA 10 into that fabled zone.

June 3rd 2009.

Exactly. This isn't a move that will dumb MM down. It's not about taking the halfway point between BAP and MM but about making a new MM and sticking BAP onto the side of it. I don't know how people could assume any different.

Placebo - just start reading from 'in any case' then!! That's where the real point was.

Exactly. This isn't a move that will dumb MM down. It's not about taking the halfway point between BAP and MM but about making a new MM and sticking BAP onto the side of it. I don't know how people could assume any different.

Many years of buying EA Sports games?

Didn't you say something about the 360 dribbling or skill dribbling or some such along the lines of it was in 08, out in 09, brought back in for 10 and lauded as an awesome new feature? And you wonder why people are cynical?

How am I spitting my dummy out? Pretty sure I'm taking part in a discussion, if that's not how it seems then I can only apologise, I'll be the first to admit that things like last year's horrific MM (after so many bloody promises that finally we'd get a proper MM and not Fifa07 PS2's recycled cast offs) has left me feeling rather bitter and cynical :(

Classy, if people don't bow to your opinion and agree to it right away you spit your dummy out?

On the contrary. If you want to be facetious then you're more than welcome to do so. I just won't waste my time with it.

I don't consider my "Many years of buying EA Sports games?" reply to be particularly facetious considering anyone who has been around since the days of Fifa 93 and such can name countless instances of things taken out then magically returning as a new feature, of things vaunted as being awesome but then being grotesquely flawed. I even gave an example in my edit 20 seconds later.....

Thing is that an improved BAP:S that people have been asking for is a career mode. Manager Mode is already a career mode, so they just make the logical thing and put them under the same roof. They "only" have to hook on a BAP mode to the Manager Mode and add specific modules to it, but the MM world will probably be completely reused.

I'm pretty sure that the long term MM plans that they have is exactly the same, but now they also have a proper BAP mode that can take a free ride on MM.

Thing is Mike Takla said last year that they didn't work on BAP:S because not enough people played it (because it was a shallow arcadey mode). So basically they had an unfinished mode that would never be worked on because it would take so much work hours to make something good out of it (hours that MM needs).

Now they can please both the MM people and the BAP career people.

Back
Top Bottom