Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

So just wanted a new tagline for the back of the case with Career Mode and pulling an Apple without taking blame for anything that happened last year with MM by trying to erase MM from FIFA. Brilliant idea and disgraceful all at once.

I don't see how BAP can go with MM if you want to play with your pro only. Unless they are removing the ability to control only your pro.

And here it is
fifa_11_screen_003.jpg

fifa_11_screen_004.jpg

Last edited:

So just wanted a new tagline for the back of the case with Career Mode and pulling an Apple without taking blame for anything that happened last year with MM by trying to erase MM from FIFA. Brilliant idea and disgraceful all at once.

I don't see how BAP can go with MM if you want to play with your pro only. Unless they are removing the ability to control only your pro.

I really struggle to see where people are getting stuck.

Imagine Arsenal going through a Premier League season. In one instance you might be the manager, making the signings, organising the formations and tactics, juggling the squad.

In the other instance, you are your VP, being managed by the CPU, coming up through the reserve ranks (possibly) before getting promoted to the first team and doing your team proud. Once you become the captain of your team you have much more of a say in your team's make up.

World Cup 2010 had the Story Of Qualifying (is that the name?) where you play as whichever team you like, playing all the qualifiers before getting to the finals, being the manager and selecting the squad. There's another mode called Captain Your Country where you play as your VP (or as the full team including your VP), playing for a team of your choice through all the qualifiers before getting to the finals.

They're both exactly the same competition - the same qualies, the same finals. The difference is that in one, you're a manager who plays as the team; in the other, you're a player for te team being managed.

Tbh I thought the similarity between MM and Seasons wasn't going to be a sticking point.

Last edited:

Edited my post with more shots.

Note the song lengths, also Terry is the only one showing name & number typically, so can't tell how stretched they are.

Just look at the 2 on Terry's shirt. also Drogba's body looks out of proportion. Tiny head with square shoulders.

I really struggle to see where people are getting stuck.

Imagine Arsenal going through a Premier League season. In one instance you might be the manager, making the signings, organising the formations and tactics, juggling the squad.

In the other instance, you are your VP, being managed by the CPU, coming up through the reserve ranks (possibly) before getting promoted to the first team and doing your team proud. Once you become the captain of your team you have much more of a say in your team's make up.

World Cup 2010 had the Story Of Qualifying (is that the name?) where you play as whichever team you like, playing all the qualifiers before getting to the finals, being the manager and selecting the squad. There's another mode called Captain Your Country where you play as your VP (or as the full team including your VP), playing for a team of your choice through all the qualifiers before getting to the finals.

They're both exactly the same competition - the same qualies, the same finals. The difference is that in one, you're a manager who plays as the team; in the other, you're a player for te team being managed.

Tbh I thought the similarity between MM and Seasons wasn't going to be a sticking point.
True so basically still two separate modes. So yeah just getting a new tagline for the case.

I'm not fussed by player model's/numbers and all that really. So long as heights are correct.

Gameplay videos next, please.

Well the little touches all add up, that's why PES arguably looks more authentic.

Wish they'd fix the leaf blower up the shirt effect (In Fifa :P), It's definitely better, but still particularly noticable on Zanetti.

Last edited:

The same screenshots are in the PC section too, just checked, so you might be right.

The manager mode, career mode, whatever you wanna call it screens have the Xbox buttons shown, but they do recommend the use of the Xbox controllers for the PC in the other articles anyway.

In the screenshots above, the first batch of PC screenshots, the sock lengths are all the same, but the 2nd batch they vary.

The Drogba shot is stunning imo. Look at Zanetti's facial reaction! :o

and:

It is a great attempt to fresh things up, and to follow Fifa. But with follow i mean by far, because the 75% fifa 11 version i played today is still a mirage to pes. Fifa 11 is simply devastating.

that has me pumped!

Ramog: The shots were of console but apparently got mixed in with PC screens on some sites. Afaik the screens on this page are console. You can pretty much tell by the new Drogba face too. Snjeider badly needs a new face though. He looks nothing like that anymore.

It is a very Drogba-esque looking strike.

Why are they only showing 2 player aerial challenges though?

You're a cynical cunt aren't you? :LOL:
:TTTH:

Rather be cynical than be Adam from WENB and champion every iteration as the year Konami get's it right. :BOP:

For me personally models are decent, faces look nothing like I had expected. They look very different than what I saw in the EA vids about faces. But I've put up with decent from EA in this department for a few years now because the game has been better than the rest. This year I already know it will be better I just want to see if EA have listened to people's complaints about the game modes on and offline.

Three things I really like here:

- Extensive use of club colours. Not only brightens up the menus, but lends your club's identity to it a little more. On a similar theme, it's hard to tell but hopefully the background image is supposed to be an 'England' background, and will change to reflect different locales if you manage in different countries - that would be a nice touch.

- The Latest News panel. One of the things I most dislike about MM is that you never feel part of a bigger football world. Here there are stories of other scorelines, injuries, transfers etc.

- Reflection on your previous match. Usually when a match ends in MM, all knowledge of it ever happening is vacuumed away. Hopefully the image above it will change according to the nature of the story maybe?

I just wish they'd get someone else to write more professional articles - all the press-style excerpts in MM, like the newspaper articles or the lame multi-choice questions they had in FIFA 09, read like someone got their 13-year-old nephew to help out on work experience.

Last edited:

On a similar theme, it's hard to tell but hopefully the background image is supposed to be an 'England' background, and will change to reflect different locales if you manage in different countries - that would be a nice touch.

I'm assuming it's just the arena faded out

Odd. Up close the shirt font doesn't look stuck on. When I looked at it in a replay in Canada it looked less like part of the shirt pattern than here. The camera was further out though - it might be that the LOD made the text look rougher round the edges giving the impression it was glued on top.

Still, it doesn't seem to be stretching nearly as much as in FIFA 10 or WC, and the font style itself is much better than that FIFA 10 splash screen abomination. It's not PES standards yet but it's getting there.

Back
Top Bottom