Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

tbh Career mode features and presentation means nothing to me if they still haven't addressed opponent AI. I'd have been content if they kept MM the same but readdressed the repetitive, unimaginative, ultra-defensive opposition. I could use my imagination to make MM exciting as long as the matches were a challenge. :SMUG: As it stands, realistic news stories and transfers mean nothing when you're dead bored after 10 matches into a season.

Although I realise some people can tolerate it and manage to go several seasons in.

fifa_11_screen_003.jpg

Aston Villa leading the PL even after 3 games :CONFUSE:

That's weird with Aston Villa, mostly if I play PES6 Aston Villa leading
the Premier League, on Fifa 10 on console I saw some MM videos and also
Villa leading and now on that screen again Villa, that's crazy :D

Btw. I have a question, on presendet news it says that Fifa 11 includes
28 leagues, does that really means every single league or by country?
Because Fifa 10 includes 30 leagues + Nationals + Rest Of The World.

from jeuxvideo.com, pc hands on google translation

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00013156-fifa-11-preview.htm

Electronic Arts revealed little about the PC version of its series of football or. Indeed, for many years, is only a vulgar blended PS2 version, which has gradually led to the ras-le-bol then grogne Pcistes who sought nor more or less the same thing on PS3 and 360. This time, EA has more ashamed to talk about this title for the good and simple reason that the users wish has been fulfilled. It was time... Since the arrival of the console generation, FIFA PC has stopped taking coup de vieux on coup de vieux. Exceeded graphics engine, game arcades, sacrificed content mechanics... A descent to hell until now justified by the EA cover the entire Park PC will... Visibly, the editor was informed that this park has five years was largely renewed that PC gamers will be able to run the simulation without worry. Whew! For the first time since 2006, we therefore entitled to the same game (or almost) on PC and PS3 and 360. Two years of development were needed to upgrade to this version, from virtually zero. However, even if Jan Arvis, the producer of the game has been confident and reassuring, it cannot guarantee that the entire game will be at the FIFA 11 PS3/360. It will be indeed not a direct port but more inspired FIFA 09, FIFA 10 to 2010 World Cup in version. In the end, even if it does not reach the excellence of the 360, and PS3 versions we should seriously bring us.
A real engine of current-generation PC! Finally! graphics engine generation, physical engine generation, gameplay generation. The term next-gen (which has remained since the onset of HD, consoles talking strangely never of "new - gen") has been used and repeated to mark the kick and convince us of the progress made. And indeed, the result was the hangover, FIFA PC no longer has anything to do with the ersatz HD game was proposed to us until then. Difficult however to have an opinion decided as to the stability of the game, there obviously see the thing on our own machines. But for the sake of transparency, developers have not hesitated to issue us the recommended configuration * to take advantage of this second youth. Admit it is far from the lightning war even though it must have a quality processor. Note that EA is working to that game experience is optimal for PC gamers. In this sense, FIFA 11 will bear not less than 35 different levers and allow anyone to edit its configuration (joystick or keyboard + mouse) in great detail. The ability to play in LAN will be also for the appointment, as well as Virtual Pro as well as upload and share photos and videos, and a certain number of achievements. The community will be served and well served. * Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz, Windows XP/Vista/7, 1 GB RAM (2 GB Vista or Windows 7), 256 MB ATi Radeon HD 3870 graphics card or Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT. Rivaol, July 21 2010Nos prints better is worth late than never! First five years, EA Sports will be able to offer a version of FIFA PC equivalent to those which will be released on PS3 and 360. A face-lift in proper which affects as well as the content of the game engine. It could not be otherwise, FIFA Online inspired FIFA 10 who created a new category in PC. We therefore logically enthusiastic at the idea of finally enjoy a current-gen PC game. Any things eventually.

A couple of interesting quotes from the videogamer.com hands-on -

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/fifa_11/preview-2515-2.html

And now there's also real, actual 360-degree player control. Wasn't that in FIFA 10? Yes and no, apparently. Yes in that it was, no in that it wasn't as 360-degree as they'd have liked. Which it is now, by the way, having been switched from lateral to full 360 physical interaction. What that means, in case you don't speak developer, is that you can now shield and jostle from behind and fight for possession from every angle. So it's more like football, basically.

eh? lol so what have we been playing all this time??? It'll be interesting to see the difference.

A competent AI will certainly help FIFA 11's rewritten Career mode, which fills a gap EA Canada has made from scrapping FIFA 10's Be a Pro and Manager modes. Most fans were happy with the career modes in FIFA 10, Rutter stressed, but the development team are adamant to silence the vocal minority, so have developed an entirely new simulation engine for Career mode's behind-the-scenes technical doohickery.

:lol:

It's weird. The Preview starts with being about Fifa 11 PC and then goes on to Fifa 11 PS3/Xbox360 without really saying which is which. But common sense tells you that they're talking about the console versions regarding persnality+ etc.

It's sounding good so far though. Looks like Friday's announcement will be about "Career Mode".

A couple of interesting quotes from the videogamer.com hands-on -

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/fifa_11/preview-2515-2.html

eh? lol so what have we been playing all this time??? It'll be interesting to see the difference.
The key part was the bit you didn't put in bold - the 360 they're talking about is about physical interaction.

:lol:

It's weird. The Preview starts with being about Fifa 11 PC and then goes on to Fifa 11 PS3/Xbox360 without really saying which is which. But common sense tells you that they're talking about the console versions regarding persnality+ etc.

It's sounding good so far though. Looks like Friday's announcement will be about "Career Mode".

Yeah, weird how they just switch over like that. As you say though, it definitely looks like career mode will be the focus of this week's update (I trust the pics above prove that Career mode covers MM!).

What's with the boots?Doesn't EA have licence over the new ones or they just opted to use old ones?

Laser II from last summer [black/orange grip] instead of Laser 3s
F50i Cyan instead of Adizero
Predator PowerSwerves instead of Predator X
Eto'o's old Pumas

Is it possible that they weren't able to aquire licence for the new ones?

Thing are shaping up nicely for PC Gamers.It looks promising altough there are lots of things missing and it's basically what Xbox360/PS3 Gamers played until now but it's a major improvement.Hell, even if they just port FiFA 09 for consoles it would be vastly superior than the current PC Shit :D

What's with the boots?Doesn't EA have licence over the new ones or they just opted to use old ones?

Laser II from last summer [black/orange grip] instead of Laser 3s
F50i Cyan instead of Adizero
Predator PowerSwerves instead of Predator X
Eto'o's old Pumas

Is it possible that they weren't able to aquire licence for the new ones?

Thing are shaping up nicely for PC Gamers.It looks promising altough there are lots of things missing and it's basically what Xbox360/PS3 Gamers played until now but it's a major improvement.Hell, even if they just port FiFA 09 for consoles it would be vastly superior than the current PC Shit :D
The Game is just 75%, maybe they change it till then, don't know.

Just speculating but I'd imagine that boots need you to at least see what people are wearing at the start of the season. Like transfers. I remember an old PES where the reviews in mags had Beckham's mohawk even though he'd got rid of it; the final release was updated accordingly.

The key part was the bit you didn't put in bold - the 360 they're talking about is about physical interaction.

Yeh, I don't fully understand what they mean by:

you can now shield and jostle from behind and fight for possession from every angle.

You might have a better idea of what they mean though? I recall shielding from all angles in Fifa10... I think..

The one thing I think we all need is a video. Just so we can see where they're at.

Yeh, I don't fully understand what they mean by:

You might have a better idea of what they mean though? I recall shielding from all angles in Fifa10... I think..

The one thing I think we all need is a video. Just so we can see where they're at.

Nah, it wasn't from all angles in FIFA. It was barely from any! The physicality is a lot more prominent now, without being the same type of physical play you'd see in FIFA 10. It's much more even-handed, with players not getting pushed over just because they're small. It wasn't in our build but the concept they were working on was that if Messi was shoved, he'd take the ball with him. The shielding is not just when you have the ball either - you can play the ball forward to Heskey and he'll shield the defender away before the pass gets to him. In fact the shielding even kicks in when you're waiting for a free kick to come in - you'll see players jostle for the ball in the middle, blocking off runs or trying to get in a particular space. Similarly you can try and stop fast players from getting past someone like Vidic by making yourself hard to run around. It's a universal thing, rather than a contextual system that only applies to the man on the ball.

Nah, it wasn't from all angles in FIFA. It was barely from any! The physicality is a lot more prominent now, without being the same type of physical play you'd see in FIFA 10. It's much more even-handed, with players not getting pushed over just because they're small. It wasn't in our build but the concept they were working on was that if Messi was shoved, he'd take the ball with him. The shielding is not just when you have the ball either - you can play the ball forward to Heskey and he'll shield the defender away before the pass gets to him. In fact the shielding even kicks in when you're waiting for a free kick to come in - you'll see players jostle for the ball in the middle, blocking off runs or trying to get in a particular space. Similarly you can try and stop fast players from getting past someone like Vidic by making yourself hard to run around. It's a universal thing, rather than a contextual system that only applies to the man on the ball.

That sounds great. I'm all for more sophistication in the physicality of FIFA. In the previous years it's been a case of all or nothing at all which has led to many disliking the aspect alltogether. But football is as much about physicality as it is about passing the ball around in pretty triangles. I hope we get a decent balance in game of both this year. The next step would probably be shirt pulling :lol PES had an attempt at this if I recall...

By the way thanks for the epic responses and even more epic previews you wrote (parts 1 & 2). Fantastic stuff. I'm apparently going to the London event for showing off Fifa11 so hopefully I can provide some impressions of my own when I get back (i'm a bit of a Fifa/Pes nut :P) .

I quite like the screens, the colours look vivid and there's a good amount of detail in the kits/boots/stadiums.

The number don't look as stretched as previous iterations, but they do still look glued on and warped.

It still worries me that everyone looks so buffed up with huge shoulders and the heads look really out of proportion to the bodies. Taking the Drogba shot as an example, his head is very tiny. Also, the picture with Etoo in.

Kind of reminds me of something...
982006_0914_beetlejuice294.jpg

Why does the new Inter jersey have dragons on it? How weird is that?

The 'Career mode' will be fine as long as you have the choice as to whether or not you play the full 90 as your BAP player. If they force you to, they're muppets, and everyone will be rightly pissed the hell off.

tbh Career mode features and presentation means nothing to me if they still haven't addressed opponent AI. I'd have been content if they kept MM the same but readdressed the repetitive, unimaginative, ultra-defensive opposition. I could use my imagination to make MM exciting as long as the matches were a challenge. :SMUG: As it stands, realistic news stories and transfers mean nothing when you're dead bored after 10 matches into a season.

Although I realise some people can tolerate it and manage to go several seasons in.

+1

Why does the new Inter jersey have dragons on it? How weird is that?
It's a snake/serpent.
The snake is an important symbol for the city of Milan, appearing often in Milanese heraldry as a coiled viper with a man in its jaws. The symbol is famous for its presence on the coat of arms of the House of Sforza (who ruled over Italy from Milan during the Renaissance period), the city of Milan, the historical Duchy of Milan (a 400 year state of the Holy Roman Empire), and Insubria (a historical regional area which the city of Milan falls within). For the 2010–11 season Inter's away kit will feature the serpent.

That may be...

But it still looks pants :D

On a more on-topic note, does anyone else dis-like the generic faces? I don't expect every face to be properly created or anything, but I wish they'd add a bit more detail to them. Some more texture to the skin perhaps,at the moment they stick out like a sore thumb, too plastic looking.

Especially with all referees having generic faces, they get a lot of exposure in cut-scenes.

Last edited:
It does a bit doesn't it. Like a shit tattoo someone might get if they've been learning Kung Fu for about a year and they've let it go to their heads.

I quite like the screens, the colours look vivid and there's a good amount of detail in the kits/boots/stadiums.

The number don't look as stretched as previous iterations, but they do still look glued on and warped.

It still worries me that everyone looks so buffed up with huge shoulders and the heads look really out of proportion to the bodies. Taking the Drogba shot as an example, his head is very tiny. Also, the picture with Etoo in.

Kind of reminds me of something...
982006_0914_beetlejuice294.jpg

Hahaha! That's brilliant. Gotta love Beetlejuice.

Yeah I was about to post that. Looks pretty exhaustive.

•*The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index: EA SPORTS will sponsor the Premier*League Player Performance Index that will soon expand to include new performance data*that will now account for time and distance measurements. This will allow for detailed*statistics such as the speed at which a shot is hit, the force of a ball as a keeper makes*a key save, the height of a jump, the speed at which a penalty is struck and more. This*technology will be introduced at all Premier League club stadia this season. EA SPORTS*will have direct access to the Player Performance Index to further extend the authenticity*and depth of its football franchises including EA SPORTS FIFA in future versions.

•*EA SPORTS Team of the Week: Available at www.premierleague.com, the Premier*League and EA SPORTS will publish the EA SPORTS Team of the Week. The team will be*based on ratings from the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index after each round of the*Barclays Premier League and will be integrated into EA SPORTS Football games.

•*Barclays Premier League Broadcast Branding: EA SPORTS branding will appear on-screen, linked with live match statistics, during all Barclays Premier League broadcasts*in the UK and overseas.

•*Barclays Premier League Match Broadcast Enhancements: Using EA SPORTS graphics,*animations and interactive technology combined with real-time, real world data feeds, EA*will work with broadcasters toward enhancements for match day broadcast analysis that*will bring football fans closer and deeper into the action direct from their sofa.

The potential ramifications about this are almost too numerous to count. EA will be getting their hands on all sorts of statistical data which will help them improve the physics and authenticity of the game over the course of the next few years. Plus there may be some very interesting stuff done from our perspective in the short term - remember when EA were talking about stuff like being able to provide match highlights using the FIFA engine? I smell DLC.

I also forgot to mention simpler stuff like, say, having an EPL section in FIFA where you can view the current table, get minute by minute match reports, goal notifications, EPL website content, player interviews, podcasts etc.

EA will be getting their hands on all sorts of statistical data which will help them improve the physics and authenticity of the game over the course of the next few years.

They didn't need to become partners of EPL to do that, they could've purchased data from companies such as Optasports (which is what Konami has been doing for the past 10 years or so for their J-League games, dunno about PES though) instead of being cheapskates and resorting to amateur'ish, non-professional volunteers from the intarnetz (in before Placebo).

Yay for publicity stunts, how about getting the remaining 15 leagues right...

Last edited:
wow not only does EA have BPL exclusivity for their games but they're now looking for ways to integrate themselves into the actual brand? If there's ever any doubt Konami will never be able to obtain the BPL license, there are none now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom