Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

And another "Translation"

http://www.jvn.com/jeux/previews/preview-de-fifa-11.html

To not see PES back on his heels, Electronic Arts continues to enhance its simulation football year after year. So what's new in this vintage 2011?

Before you can get your hands on a finalized version to 75%, developers were keen to introduce the many new features and improvements present in FIFA 11. The game's producer has placed particular emphasis on the phases of testing to demonstrate the differences between a player with strong features and a weaker player. For example, a set-piece, the software showed the different trajectories of the ball. With a good shot free kick, the ball landed in a relatively small area, whereas in a bad shot, the ball's trajectory was much more random. But beyond the quality of player, especially those tests put forward gameplay more and more demanding. More than ever, simulation, FIFA 11 requires not only take into account the quality of player but also its position on the pitch or angle of arrival of the ball, in order to achieve the best possible gesture. With a new system, called "Pro Passing, including Electronic Arts wanted to banish the effect of" Ping Pong "in the previous section when it was enough (almost) to press the password to get in front of goal in firing position without too much difficulty. Now the game a touch of the ball will no longer within reach of anybody. Result, the big teams might still be favored, although reaching the pass play to ten with Arles and Avignon will necessarily entail a greater pride than with a big club. Again in the interest of greater realism, it also promises an AI more "human", which does not hesitate to take measures (dry natural replacement trotting, call the shot in depth ...). However, it is unclear if a player will go up as Suarez put his hand to prevent the ball crossing the net. And then, like any human being, the computer may be at fault after a game is unpredictable. The guards can then be taken against the foot, for example. And yes, it is also football, as unfair as it may be! In all, over 100 new features have been incorporated to improve the gameplay. But that the player does not care, what interests him are the feelings on the ground ...

More realistic simulation more ...

The first thing that struck us on the speed of the game, which was significantly reduced (the contrast is even stronger with FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 has been accelerated). But although slower than FIFA 10, FIFA 11 is nevertheless spectacular and fluid while further enhancing the simulation aspect of pure and hard. It must be said that the "Pro Passing" change our habits and already works well. It forces us to forget some automation, certain facilities and requires greater attention to building effective actions. As for contacts, things are greatly improved. And so much better because it represented one of the big black spots in FIFA 10. We watched on the sidelines reactions improbable, and often irritating, from the players, especially when they succeeded in producing an object (foam), which my friend Kevin made a specialty. If everything is not perfect yet on this point, we can already judge progress. Footballers are perceived to be aware of other players around them and sticking them a little too close. They do not hesitate either to elbow and are constantly in the process of protecting their ball, either during a dribble or in anticipation of a control. Evidence that the title leaves little room as possible to the approximation, the air duels now require a certain timing. However, all seemed not yet well calibrated. On corners, the attackers appeared eight times out of ten, get the better of the defenders.

The new Messi football?

While many things still need to be adjusted, what we FIFA 11 has already made a strong impression. It is hoped that the above reaction time, be improved, will be corrected for the famous "but why he has not fired!? "And other variants are just a bad memory. Otherwise, the title seems really on track to win again as the ultimate football simulation. Even from a technical standpoint, and although the graphics engine remains substantially the same as in previous versions, the many cosmetic changes as the push toward greater visual realism (further modeling of the players, specific animations, lighting ... ). Note that, visually, the PC version will not blush at the HD console versions will resume as the same engine. However, do not expect a title as developed as FIFA 11 but rather a mix between 10 and FIFA 2010 South Africa (which is anyway a huge step forward). On a perfectionist that title as FIFA 11, the slightest mistake, the slightest little bug jumps immediately to the middle of the figure. Inevitable consequences of a series that wants to close as possible to reality. And yet, despite a finalized version to 75%, the work done by Electronic Arts promises to once again impressive. Not totally overturn his series, the multiple finishes made multiplies our pleasure to play and should be completed on 1 October, in a simulated football sharpest of his generation. SEP has accused FIFA continues its efforts and did not really intend to give up his throne!

Just noticed in the gameplay behind Santi that the nets and lines are a lot whiter. I know is just a small thing but this is something I mentioned to Gary Paterson over on the Official Forums :SMUG:

Sorry if it seems off topic but I just stumbled across these 2 pictures and they show how far NBA2K has reached in terms of player modeling.

nba-2k11-playstation-3-ps3-006.jpg

nba-2k11-playstation-3-ps3-005.jpg

Obviously there are far too many players on FIFA to reach this level of realism but surely for the poster boys (Rooney and co), EA should do better in terms of likeness.Surely it ain't the most important aspect of the game but it's still nice to have better modeling

on a pc u can render 22 of high quality models like that easily :)

na jokes aside, PES models are far better than fifa's

I know johnney but this here is a thing of beauty.It has reached a level you even wonder if it's a videogame

http://www.fifaseries.com/index.php/fifa-11/informacion/avances/196-josen15.html

Suddenly became the only one of the surprises that still have saved but where they showed us the first details. The "manager mode ", renamed" career mode ", will feature 15 seasons and has been completely renovated both in visual appearance that is somewhat similar to a web portal (saving similarities with that of FIFA World Cup) which showed the news on matches, classification and upcoming matches on the same screen as in their processes, because as many know, the manager mode of FIFA 10 failed miserably in the amount of bugs and inconsistencies. Another novelty in this way is to choose three types, being the player, being only the manager or be a player-manager. To eliminate the errors of his predecessor have created new transfer systems and other improvements to try to create a credible negotiation and experience.

David Rutter told us that the build that was available to the media was 75% complete, and as always we explained that it is testing a version of things to correct or improve. The presentation was very well argued, but regrettably, with daily data followers already knew but improvements in the way manager, for one expected to be disclosed a secret anymore. Will have to wait guys!

After the presentation, Lazarus, the responsible press that "spam" until we got the tickets (Thanks for the patience, from here we will send you a hug!) invited us to get their hands on FIFA 11 on different screens who had just behind where we were located.

Again, I recommend reading the earlier advance before reading further. As I said, in paragraph playable not expect great changes taking into account the short period between a beta and another, but that the minute of playing both Gonzalo and I noticed a higher quality and more polished all the sections in version of E3.

Beginning with the pace of play is still rather more leisurely than in FIFA 10, but this version felt more fluid, not to be confused with faster. The movements are perfectly entwined, as in the previous build had problems in small moments due to lack of animation, this is no longer happening, everything is almost perfect set. The "almost" is that in some air balloon fights was a little trembling of the players, and also saw a couple or three slips of ice players as you try your lawn. As there, things that have the betas, but the work was really amazing, there is a lot of new moves that make uncoordinated actions are not at any time. Another good news was the release of the ball with the players. The rebounds were entirely free, were very typical missing rails FIFA gradually being eliminated to improve freedom. In this release the ball out to their own devices in the rebounds, I remember as Messi was brought down to steal the ball and he was lying right on the line goal-kick and the ball hit him and was within the field. It also seems to have finally disappeared exaggerated effects that left a bad taste in the mouth, the physics of the ball is at his best.

What follows this is the theme of the players dribble the ball so focused on the position of his body in slow contacts, when they are is something more like (not at all or anything) to pipelines with one leg. Now players like Xavio Iniesta are of great importance in the game, not thrown to the ground except with heavy loads, perfect holding the ball, as Messi was able to withstand the mowed and keep running, was impressive. The truth is that the Personality + works perfectly and allows us to see how Crisitano Ronaldo runs like in reality with arms outstretched, or Messi with tiny steps, simply modeled these large cracks.

The truth is that the ping-pong is very difficult to do, the pro passing seems to comply perfectly, will have to see if over time people will take the trick and get a game again too fast and unrealistic at first touch, but I can assure you that will never be as simple as it is in FIFA 10. The long passes in Depth are the more will and more difficult to reach, the result is very positive. For fans of that manual control is great, they have run out you were random at the first touch, though of course continues the theme that if you are back and want to make a pass just behind, you have to give more force than normal for the situation of the body, which is totally logical. Both Gonzalo and I noticed that the manual control has been improved care and eliminating small mistakes I had.

The passes are still with the same level of quality, with some animations (pardon the word) acojonantes. It's nice to see the players put the tops gently below the ball looking for the parable they want, if anything I have to note are the changes of band, just for his spectacular animation level, physical and fluency.

And now comes something that I criticized a lot in the previous progress, the chutes. Shots on goal were extremely weak in the previous version, this I can only take my hat off and applaud. They won again the power of chuts of FIFA World Cup, but thanks to the Personality + is a greater variety and truth, begin to remind the dear chutes of 4 PRO - PRO 6. One of the things that surprised us was to see how in some shots the ball down poisoned (which in the previous non-beta) and did a quick search the ground parable complicating the interception of the ball with the goalkeeper. Following the porters, were equally humanized and improved in the previous version, with a large number of new stops. You could distinguish style goalie, which are more popping or other less spectacular but equally effective. Unfortunately hunchback continued with that body to get out the door, but at least we no longer fear them when they leave the posts, they act perfectly. The only error we saw was in a high bounce away than perfection could Bloco A typical movement made the jump into the air to send a corner kick.

The defense remains a great strength level, you encounter difficult times "disaster" defense "of FIFA 10 in panties literally staying ahead of rivals. Finally keep their positions and make good coverage in most cases. Tickets are still as good thanks to the large number who have added this time. The passing game boasts a wide variety and finally affects the position and have to play it while waiting for the ball reaches the finish area as your position will get a good shot or churros with all the letters.

In the game options we could choose new features when you play, how to make the Pro Passing affect more or less dribbling, or to choose the college party where everyone has a more or less permissive criteria. We also saw that was included as promised Russian League last year, leave more to the long list of FIFA.

Graphically it is one of the points we could say less brilliant, because FIFA is mediocre graphically, but because there is no significant change of the new modeling of faces and little else. In this version still faces many as last year, for example, Busquets and Pedro still did not have its own personality, are looking forward to working on add up to real faces. Also as we saw in front of the kits are not stretched, the letters behind it, leaving a bitter aftertaste. It seems that the lighting has increased slightly to make it look more green to night games, but as I say, no huge changes, follow the good style of recent deliveries, a slight graphical improvement is more apparent in the repetitions and close-ups to see higher quality textures and a color palette somewhat less strident. At present, the number and quality of stadia was the same as in FIFA 10, no apparent change, it would be strange not to see new stadiums, I guess all these things are yet to add, I hope so. The cinematics are still those that I liked both of the previous beta, with entry to the field and greeting the players, as I said the celebrations are brand new, dynamic and more real and effusive. The animations during the game copied those seen in FIFA 10.

As you can see, FIFA 11 promises much! is clear that will set a new standard to follow and that if he can polish a few problems and hopefully improvement of graphics can be one of the final sports games this generation. There are months to launch and the product has a high level, just need to know that we provide ways to make it round the game we all expect.

As usual, I invite you to leave the questions you like, but beware, do not go out much of what is written because it is not showed us anything else. Most of all issues to clarify portions of the progress, doubts or questions that we have little grasp visually. As we'll answer.

Interview with Santi, featuring over-the-shoulder gameplay.

FIFA Soccer 11 Video Game, Refining The Game Interview | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Note in particular the much slower passing and overall speed.

Make sure to watch it in high definition if you want to be able to vaguely see what's going on.

I cropped out just the actual Fifa footage and raised the size a bit: http://solidfiles.com/d/4873/

It's obviously not very good quality but you get the idea somewhat of the movement and pace of the game :)

yea thats why i would love if 2Ksports made a footy game. i reckon they would put both EA and konami to shame

Maybe based on their NBA game it's easy to say that, but I can't stand the sport so have no knowledge of how good them doing a football game would be based on that, however based on Prizefighter I can say that 2k doing a football game would make Ubisoft's Power Soccer look like a really, really good game.

Learning AI is an interesting one. Never played a game where I really thought it was hugely successful. Forza's AI is, supposedly, created with this method - and I don't think it's anything special in terms of realistic/fair driving.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if they got a few dedicated testers to play as their team plays, and slowly teach them how to play, so hopefully this builds out of just being for tricks. Hopefully the people doing this 'teaching' actually know how Ronaldo plays or it could be pretty bizarre!

2 words.... 'team vision'

I cropped out just the actual Fifa footage and raised the size a bit: http://solidfiles.com/d/4873/

It's obviously not very good quality but you get the idea somewhat of the movement and pace of the game :)

The passing looks brilliant with lots of errors that would happen in real life. Loving it.

Hope EA don't change this when noobs complain it's to difficult!!

Obviously I only care about hearing stuff relating to one mode so some highlights for me:

Suddenly became the only one of the surprises that still have saved but where they showed us the first details. The "manager mode ", renamed" career mode ", will feature 15 seasons and has been completely renovated both in visual appearance that is somewhat similar to a web portal (saving similarities with that of FIFA World Cup) which showed the news on matches, classification and upcoming matches on the same screen as in their processes, because as many know, the manager mode of FIFA 10 failed miserably in the amount of bugs and inconsistencies. Another novelty in this way is to choose three types, being the player, being only the manager or be a player-manager. To eliminate the errors of his predecessor have created new transfer systems and other improvements to try to create a credible negotiation and experience.

Manager Mode - FIFA 11

Unfortunately we have not had the chance to try out career mode. The presentation that we had put forward the issues which had rotted manager mode in FIFA 10 and the solutions made to FIFA 11.

Complete overhaul of engine, interface closely resembling FIFA World Cup, can integrate your pro player with more options or revised transfer system are programmed to allow us to assess (finally) and its fair value mode. Now, we hope that this is not a sham and are also quite worried about quality mode.

"When we looked at FIFA 10 and the management experience we decided it needed to be totally rewritten," reveals Rutter. "The hardcore seemed pretty disappointed with last year's mode. So we've ripped out the Be a Pro and Manager Mode features and replaced them with a Career mode.
'FIFA 11' Screenshot 3

"You can now be a player, manager or player-manager and play through 15 seasons. We've made a lot of changes, including a two tier transfer system that involves negotiations with players as well as teams. Team management has been improved, especially player comparisons.

"You can also see the results in leagues other than your own. We want you to feel as though there's a whole world of football going on around you, like other European leagues running simultaneously to yours, so the whole world feels more alive."

According to Rutter, there's a renewed focus on feedback and scheduling. "We've incorporated a ton of feedback from Be a Pro, like taking out the endless reserve games and receiving inappropriate feedback on your performance," he explains.
'FIFA 11' Screenshot 4

"We had significant problems with our scheduling system in FIFA 10, which meant you had to play multiple games on the same day. We've also improved the transfer system. It's no longer the case where you can get the likes of Ronaldo to sign for Luton."

It's funny that according to David Rutter only a minority experienced bugs in Fifa10's manager mode and only a minority weren't happy with Fifa10's manager mode, yet these previews mention how broken it was, glad to see them raise the issue.

More nice stuff:

We've saved the best news for last, though. FIFA's Career Mode is getting a complete overhaul, and it's looking like a full-blooded response to the problems some users had with FIFA 10's Manager Mode. "We were very upset with some of the negativity around it last year," producer David Rutter tells us, "There were bugs in there and they did affect people – I can't think of any games without bugs, but that said it's terribly disappointing for the team, we're upset because it really did take the shine off of my personal success and the success of the team, and it's not something we want to repeat."

It's not just about getting rid of the bugs; FIFA 11's Career Mode has had a complete restructure. All of the previous options have been consolidated, so it's now simply an option of being a player (a mode that directly replaces the previous Be a Pro mode), a manager or a player manager in campaigns that run up to 15 seasons. A new simulation engine churns out more believable results while the calendar is now day to day calendar, and for the first time there's the ability to see results from across the globe.

Indeed. It's the mode I play the most so I hope it's not a load of old arse this time around.

Previews and new information all sounds sweet, apart from the time on the ball issue. Saying that, it should vary depending on the league you play in. That would never be implemented, but still.

Looking forward to more news.

This may sound like a stupid question, but in the new MM or 'Career' mode, I presume choosing to be Manager still allows you to play the games, rather than watch them a la Football Manager?

Always glad to help :)

I find those kinds of videos especially cruel, who cares about seeing some guy's face in the camera when there's a TV in the background with some lucky bastard playing Fifa11? ;)

Very true, no disrepect to Santiago and all but I'm more interested in watching the gameplay parts.
It sounds silly to say it without having experienced it but I love the way passes slow down or are overhit.Plus the general pace of the game which is good and if this is the "normal" speed then it's even better

This may sound like a stupid question, but in the new MM or 'Career' mode, I presume choosing to be Manager still allows you to play the games, rather than watch them a la Football Manager?

Yeah I would assume manager is exactly the same as before, player is the same as BAP in that you can't make any kind of formation/tactical type changes until you earned the role as captain and that player manager has you playing as a single player and making all the tactical/managerial changes.

Personally I like the idea of player manager but still being able to control all players, controlling a single player doesn't do anything for me but I do really enjoy the whole accomplishment unlocking thing :)

Don't take that preview seriously. It's the biggest load of bollocks I've read in the past few months, and I've spent much of that time on the official forums.

Firstly there's a massive difference between time on the ball and getting destroyed when the ball gets there, but EG can't mention that because they didn't notice that FIFA 10's physicality was broken. Secondly, there's only a lack of space if you just pass forwards unimaginatively and into the same paths you'd take in FIFAs past. It reads like a preview by a casual football gamer, much like the reviews last year.

Not saying that there is loads of time on the ball, but that the time that is available for you has to be earnt, rather than granted to you regardless of the type of football you play.

Cheers for the vid Placebo.... have to say I'm impressed both by the passing and the defense... then just as I'm admiring those traits i see at 1:08 a second striker/attacking midfielder playing 'in the hole' and move into the only bit of space perfectly and its reeeaaally goood.

admittedly the numpty playing ignores it and passes somewhere else but it looked soooo much better than the static plyers in 10.

Last edited:

I think it's either there is the typical BAP mode expanded to 15 seasons, you also have the classic MM with a different name (which is the answer to your question) and you have a mix of the two where you can manage the team but only play as a single player.

Back
Top Bottom