Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

But it does, why waste resources porting the latest version over and testing it in the middle of the normal development cycle when it's obvious they have trouble integrating everything for just the console versions with the amount of bugs in the retail versions. I already posted how many versions of PES2010 PC were sold with that being arguably the best version of the game, 200.000? or something equally pitiful.

Why would you cripple your console versions for that?! I see the PC version as a "demo" to sell the console versions; "So you think this is good? Try the newest console version, it's even better!"

I'm glad they seem to be investing as little as possible in the PC version, it just makes it more likely that the game will develope well instead of be hindered for a piracy platform.

It's difficult to have too much sympathy for the 'insult to PC gamers' angle when half of them will torrent it anyway.

If that's true then EA Sports are basically insulting PC Gamers.Seriously, that's just ridiculous and absurd.

80% of PC gamers have never actually bought a game in their life anyway, investing too much on FIFA PC development would be a commercial suicide anyway.

Too much pirating going on to bother, just take a look at Modern Warfare 2 (or any other decent game, for that matter) sales figures:

The boxed PC version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 sold around 170,000 units in November, according to Gamasutra’s NPD analysis.

Compared to the 6 million units the game shifted on consoles in one month, that’s a rounding error.

Last edited:

pcvermaelenheader.jpg

Can't wait to see any Ingame Videos but too bad Pro Passing and Personality+ is not
included in PC Version.

Its a mix of Fifa 10 and WC. how is it 2 years behind?

Love all comments from the spoilt brats that console gamers are. Talking about Pirating games even xbox360 games are pirated too.

Love all comments from the spoilt brats that console gamers are. Talking about Pirating games even xbox360 games are pirated too.

PS3 Only here :P, and I don't know anyone who has not, shall we say, obtained a game or software without buying it from the supplier...

I'd also say 90% of console gamers have a PC too...

Pretty sure that the reason it won't have all the features of FIFA 11 on consoles is because they've been working on the port all this time. Now when they have the engine in place, it will be much easier for them to implement the features of FIFA 12 console version because they do it at the same time.

It really is a shame though that Pro passing and personality+ won't be in it, because those two will probably change a lot of how the game plays. FIFA PC will still be a game where attributes doesn't matter, and that is what really piss you off at the moment with the console versions.

But it does, why waste resources porting the latest version over and testing it in the middle of the normal development cycle when it's obvious they have trouble integrating everything for just the console versions with the amount of bugs in the retail versions. I already posted how many versions of PES2010 PC were sold with that being arguably the best version of the game, 200.000? or something equally pitiful.

Why would you cripple your console versions for that?! I see the PC version as a "demo" to sell the console versions; "So you think this is good? Try the newest console version, it's even better!"

I'm glad they seem to be investing as little as possible in the PC version, it just makes it more likely that the game will develope well instead of be hindered for a piracy platform.

Are you f-- serious?200,000 copies of this shit?How on Earth did they reach those numbers when they basically take FIFA 08/09, make the transfers, change the menus and the soundtrack and that's it.Seriously, would you buy this?

YouTube - FIFA 10 PC Full - Manchester United vs Arsenal Gameplay [HD]

And it still doesn't dent the huge amount of console sales.

Found this link on the official forums, it's an article based around the PC version, but...

A competent AI will certainly help FIFA 11's rewritten Career mode, which fills a gap EA Canada has made from scrapping FIFA 10's Be a Pro and Manager modes. Most fans were happy with the career modes in FIFA 10, Rutter stressed, but the development team are adamant to silence the vocal minority, so have developed an entirely new simulation engine for Career mode's behind-the-scenes technical doohickery.

FIFA 11 Hands-on Preview for PC - VideoGamer.com

Well, at least we can have added content through community patches, kits, boots, leagues, stadiums, faces and all that interesting stuff on PC. I like to change how my game looks because it extends the durability of the game.

Found this link on the official forums, it's an article based around the PC version, but...

A competent AI will certainly help FIFA 11's rewritten Career mode, which fills a gap EA Canada has made from scrapping FIFA 10's Be a Pro and Manager modes. Most fans were happy with the career modes in FIFA 10, Rutter stressed, but the development team are adamant to silence the vocal minority, so have developed an entirely new simulation engine for Career mode's behind-the-scenes technical doohickery.

FIFA 11 Hands-on Preview for PC - VideoGamer.com

What the, no Manager Mode on PC?...

im hoping fifa 11 on pc will at least have the same online game modes ie online clubs and all that.

If Fifa 11 is more like the World Cup game than i'll be a happy chappy

And it still doesn't dent the huge amount of console sales.

Yea true. but many other pc games sell well. crysis diddnt do too badly selling 2 millionish. BC2 sold around that amount on pc's.

One things for sure though, if a game is heavily online influenced and is a good game, it will sell pretty well on the pc's as you cant/not easy to play online with a pirated copy. Much like a pirated copy of a 360 game. try playing that and you get banned. try playing a pc game with a dodgy cd key and you wont be able to connect to a server.

I think its greta news about fifa 11 pc. im going to read more about it. my 480gtx is ready for it hehe

The article mentions Personality + also, so I'm a bit confused.

Maybe it's just a cheap article made up from a hybrid of the news stories released so far.

Looks like it's the death of MM and could be the death of FIFA for me, please god let me be able to put full leagues in ML now, EA are cutting their own throat if they drop MM to force us all to play online...

The article mentions Personality + also, so I'm a bit confused.

The PC version definitely doesn't have Personality + or Pro Passing. Ian Jarvis confirmed it in a couple of his video interviews. To be honest that doesn't bother me too much. The main thing is EA have finally taken a huge step in the right direction. Looks like this will be the first FIFA game I'll be buying in years!

I'll be disappointed if the games aren't the same next year though

Is nobody reading news properly anymore??

They've scrapped MM and BAP Seasons and replaced both with a single 'Career Mode'. It's not as if they're dropping the most popular game mode!!

Also notice that it refers to Rutter who is producer for the console version of FIFA.

Yeah there's nothing "hands-on" about the article.

Suppose it makes sense that if they're starting from scratch with a new career mode it won't have the same name as before. EA Introduces Career Mode + :P

I hope new info on the career mode is tomorrow when the embargo drops for some stuff. Maybe it's just Manager Mode but you can also choose to play as only one player (BAP). Because a proper BAP:Season is basically the manager mode but without managing the team (but everything around it is the same).

And you probably have to work your way up as a manager and won't be able to start at Man United for example. That seems to be how all other career modes will work in EA Sports games.

Back
Top Bottom