EA SPORTS FC 24

Thanks for saving me money. I was tempted as its on sale. Bless u!
I think you’d have fun with it if you bought it. I think it’s just getting used to it. The changes in gameplay haven’t been THAT dramatic with the updates.
Your choice of course but let us know what you think if you do get it but give it some time before judging.

@Matt10 Thought it would be a cool idea to share tested players for career mode so I’ve made a thread if you want to contribute. I know you said you’ve been testing players out so come take a look. Of course anyone else welcome to post their too or just read it. I would have posted the players here but it will get lost after a while so I made a thread:
https://evoweb.uk/threads/ea-sports-fc-24-career-mode-players.96429/

God damn. I used to play in a Pro Club for many years, but never FUMA, this is next level. Can I have a trial some time? :) As this is right up my street.

We have a Discord with around 400 FUMA players. It's a place for FUMA players to gather, and also find 1v1 matches or enter 1v1 leagues.

We have a Playstation chat group for a FUMA Pro Club that is mostly open to anyone. It can be fairly chaotic at times but it's open and active, usually playing daily. You could try joining for a few sometime.

The clips from my video above is from a Pro Club that is fairly closed. We've been playing with each other for years and we're all manual veterans.

Last edited:
Hi, I am kinda new to FIFA, is it natural that all defenders that you do not control are not tackling opponent team players and only shadowing them? Or Is it just me? If I try to press with my AI teammate and I try to cover the pass the AI teammate only shadow the attacker and do not tackle.

In PES they do tackle so I am kinda confused.

Thanks

Hi, I am kinda new to FIFA, is it natural that all defenders that you do not control are not tackling opponent team players and only shadowing them? Or Is it just me? If I try to press with my AI teammate and I try to cover the pass the AI teammate only shadow the attacker and do not tackle.

Thanks

Two games are different in that department. I would say EA FC is more manual. You have to anticipate what the attacker is going to do.
Go watch some tutorials on advanced defending and tactical defending and go to the practice arena and apply the skills you learned.

One tip for me if you choose advanced defending is go easy on the left stick movement do not push it all the way when you defending because you are going to easily overshoot the attacker. Try to stay between the attacker and the goal and wait for the moment to seal out the attacker.

Thanks
It’s 1v1. This will help explain it!

https://evoweb.uk/threads/1v1-an-exploration.94841/

Thanks
I was the same as you bud. It’s very unnatural to play after playing PES. This game is all about jockeying and then waiting for the right time to try and take the ball, like a mistake from the opponent etc. Secondary pressure is not effective at all. At least on the surface. You will hardly take the ball with secondary pressure however it does force the CPU to pass the ball which can sometimes cause a mistake so you can get the ball with your controlled player.
Sit back and jockey until a mistake is made . That’s what I’ve found playing it anyway.

Thanks, you just ruined the FIFA for me. I cannot unseen how stupid defending is now 😁😁
It's ruined anyway by default. The game is at best a 1/10. Sometimes it might feel like a 2/10 or 3/10 and that's it. There are 3 categories of gamers playing this abomination:
1. Ultimate cards gamblers/youtubers.
2. Esports addicts.
3. Consumers that paid £70 and try to fix it desperately via sliders.

It's ruined anyway by default. The game is at best a 1/10. Sometimes it might feel like a 2/10 or 3/10 and that's it. There are 3 categories of gamers playing this abomination:
1. Ultimate cards gamblers/youtubers.
2. Esports addicts.
3. Consumers that paid £70 and try to fix it desperately via sliders.

I thought that at first. I enjoy playing career mode though after its patches. I think you’re being overly critical. The game isn’t a 3/10 it’s probably about a 7/10. It just takes a long time to get used it.
The defending is a waiting game. Jockeying and waiting for the right time to intercept a mistake. Once you accept it the defending isn’t as bad as made out. Also, switch to advance defending, it’s better in the long run.
PS. I don’t use any sliders.

I thought that at first. I enjoy playing career mode though after its patches. I think you’re being overly critical. The game isn’t a 3/10 it’s probably about a 7/10. It just takes a long time to get used it.
The defending is a waiting game. Jockeying and waiting for the right time to intercept a mistake. Once you accept it the defending isn’t as bad as made out. Also, switch to advance defending, it’s better in the long run.
PS. I don’t use any sliders.
Any reason you don’t use sliders? I don’t think I could play it without Matt’s OS sliders.

Any reason you don’t use sliders? I don’t think I could play it without Matt’s OS sliders.
Not sure really. I’ve just had it left on whatever the default is and I find that it plays fine now. Everyone has different tastes of course and I’m kinda feeling like I’m pretty much the only person that’s enjoying this game lol
I am playing it on switch so 30FPS, maybe the lower frame rate is actually beneficial for this game? I’m not really sure.

Not sure really. I’ve just had it left on whatever the default is and I find that it plays fine now. Everyone has different tastes of course and I’m kinda feeling like I’m pretty much the only person that’s enjoying this game lol
I am playing it on switch so 30FPS, maybe the lower frame rate is actually beneficial for this game? I’m not really sure.
Ok I understand now.Switch version is better on vanilla than the nextgen one. My son has a Switch and thé game is great.
But it's not the same on PS5/Series X and PC. The game is too quick, it's unplayable by default. But with sliders, you can slowdown the game and seeing new animations, CPU variations.

I have started my forth career with Marseille and I have so much fun. The bêta was great with many bugs but thé retail game was even better

I know a lot of people said it's the worst FIFA to date but I think the opposite. The return of crosses even on Legend difficulty, having chance to break this script, seeing many long shots from CPU, it's really nice.

The big problem this year is there are too many graphics/visual bugs and on Xbox Series the game crashes after the end of the second match in career mode.

But the gameplay is better than FIFA 23, if you played with FUMA settings.

I play with my uncle occasionally when i visit him. We play on default sliders. I enjoy the variety of animations in this game. But one thing that i find weird and unnatural is the heading. Almost no loose ball. 2 players contest on heading the ball from middle of the pitch and the ball travel to the striker's feet just outside the penalty area.
Is there any way to improve the heading?

Ok I understand now.Switch version is better on vanilla than the nextgen one. My son has a Switch and thé game is great.
But it's not the same on PS5/Series X and PC. The game is too quick, it's unplayable by default. But with sliders, you can slowdown the game and seeing new animations, CPU variations.

I have started my forth career with Marseille and I have so much fun. The bêta was great with many bugs but thé retail game was even better

I know a lot of people said it's the worst FIFA to date but I think the opposite. The return of crosses even on Legend difficulty, having chance to break this script, seeing many long shots from CPU, it's really nice.

The big problem this year is there are too many graphics/visual bugs and on Xbox Series the game crashes after the end of the second match in career mode.

But the gameplay is better than FIFA 23, if you played with FUMA settings.

Who would have thought the switch version is better because of its limitations on frame rate?! That’s kind of odd really.
The only crashes I’ve had is when playing career mode and sometimes the screen freezes when negotiating with a club, oh and the negotiations are a janky slideshow because it can’t run the animations. The gameplay is fine though and I’ve not had a crash with any gameplay (don’t play online though so don’t know about that).
Still, having said that I’m still firmly behind the concept of if you release a game you should release it fully working from the off and sadly most games these days are unfinished and require constant patches.
As far as FC24 goes I wouldn’t say it’s the greatest football game I’ve ever played but I think it’s solid if you put the time in to learn the defending. This is the first “FIFA” game I’ve ever played because I’ve always been a PES player so perhaps me not having any habits or expectations on how the game plays from previous entries allows me to judge it as a separate entity. For all I know this could be garbage compared to previous FIFA games and that’s why everyone’s angry with it. So as a new game without patches I give it 4/10 and now with patches a 7/10. There’s fun to be had but it’s still nothing compared to classic PES games… but then I didn’t expect it to be.

@Sovereign Hope not sure what you mean by improve the heading?

Who would have thought the switch version is better because of its limitations on frame rate?! That’s kind of odd really.
The only crashes I’ve had is when playing career mode and sometimes the screen freezes when negotiating with a club, oh and the negotiations are a janky slideshow because it can’t run the animations. The gameplay is fine though and I’ve not had a crash with any gameplay (don’t play online though so don’t know about that).
Still, having said that I’m still firmly behind the concept of if you release a game you should release it fully working from the off and sadly most games these days are unfinished and require constant patches.
As far as FC24 goes I wouldn’t say it’s the greatest football game I’ve ever played but I think it’s solid if you put the time in to learn the defending. This is the first “FIFA” game I’ve ever played because I’ve always been a PES player so perhaps me not having any habits or expectations on how the game plays from previous entries allows me to judge it as a separate entity. For all I know this could be garbage compared to previous FIFA games and that’s why everyone’s angry with it. So as a new game without patches I give it 4/10 and now with patches a 7/10. There’s fun to be had but it’s still nothing compared to classic PES games… but then I didn’t expect it to be.

@Sovereign Hope not sure what you mean by improve the heading?
Something like reduce accuracy and speed of heading? Its hard to explain. But maybe its just me

I play all my sports games on 30 FPS. I just can't handle 60 or higher FPS anymore. Especially as mo-cap has not seemed to improve unless it's a 2K sports video game.

I play all my sports games on 30 FPS. I just can't handle 60 or higher FPS anymore. Especially as mo-cap has not seemed to improve unless it's a 2K sports video game.
How do you play Madden 24 on 30fps in console? Afaik it's capped on 60fps.

Was going to ask if anyone had come across a bug where the AI don't pass and just dribble slowly. Turns out, I didn't realise I reset settings to default and it was in amateur 🤣

(Attached HT and FT stats)

(Comparing to amateur in FIFA 2004, the older game is much more difficult)

Attachments

• 18caed8baab97-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18caed8baab97-screenshotUrl.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 18caed8d15a95-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18caed8d15a95-screenshotUrl.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom