EA SPORTS FC 24

Eheh im not joking really, there are alot of players who shine on the field that don't really receive attention, sometimes even 28 year old or plus with a low rating are really solid if their stats are good for their position
Ah right ok. Well he definitely looks like a good prospect and yes you’re right, in game some players are just great regardless of stats.

Reactions: MTS
[PC/PS4/PS5/XB1/XBSX|S/SWITCH] Title Update #6

The Holiday Update (Title Update #6) will soon be available for all versions of EA SPORTS FC 24. This TU will bring a number of changes and additions, including a winter themed main menu, new Player Items in Ultimate Team, and gameplay updates like:

• Reduced midfield congestion.
  • Reduced sideline pressure on attackers.
  • Decreased manual goalkeeper movement speed and positioning.
  • More offensive minded wingbacks in 3 and 5 at the back formations.
In addition to these TU notes, be sure to check out our Pitch Notes article for the Holiday Update which dives deep into some changes and additions through videos and screenshots.

Ultimate Team​

Made the following change:

• Added 94 Player Items to Ultimate Team which will become available following a squad update.
Addressed the following issues:

• Centurion ICONs bios could have incorrectly displayed Base ICON bios.
  • The News UI did not always display correctly.
  • Squads with the Carlos Tévez Manager Item could not have entered matches.

Gameplay​

Made the following changes:

• [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only] Strikers and wide midfielders will tend to be less aggressive when trying to mark central attackers.
  • [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only] Significantly reduced the amount of pressure the defensive team can apply to players along the sidelines.
  • [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only] Significantly lowered the track back speed of AI teammate wingbacks in 3 and 5 at the back formations.
  • Reduced the movement speed of goalkeepers when using the Move Goalkeeper input.
  • Additionally, goalkeepers will now hold their final position for a short time before returning to their normal position.
  • Slightly reduced the top speed of players when using Controlled Sprint.
  • Significantly reduced header shot accuracy when performed by players with the Power Header and Power Header+ PlayStyles.
  • Slightly reduced finesse shot accuracy when performed by players with the Finesse and Finesse+ PlayStyles.

• In some situations following a kick off, the defending team did not always track attacker runs appropriately.
  • Sometimes, a tackling defender’s leg could have gone through the ball, resulting in an incorrect foul call.
  • Sometimes, players without the Intercept and Intercept+ PlayStyles could have incorrectly triggered slide interceptions animations exclusive to those PlayStyles.
  • Addressed further instances of slide tackles resulting in the ball unintentionally falling back to the attacker.
  • In some cases, a Precision Ground Pass intended for a nearby teammate could have ignored them for a teammate that was in the same direction, but further away.
  • In certain situations goalkeepers did not attempt to save penalty kicks aimed at the middle of the goal.
  • When the ball was traveling at a high speed, players could have had an unintentional amount of ball control when attempting to control the ball with their head.
  • Improved referee logic when determining red card advantage calls.
  • Improved referee logic when determining offside calls following deflections.
  • Goalkeepers did not always use enough power when automatically kicking the ball in order to avoid the 6 second violation.
  • CPU AI goalkeepers could have underpowered their drop kicks at times.
  • Some physical tackle animations did not play correctly.
  • Sometimes a seal out could have occurred after the ball carrier already passed the ball.
  • When receiving a red card, sometimes a scene of the referee giving a yellow card occurred instead.

Clubs​

Addressed the following issue:

• Addressed instances of Playoffs matches not always being counted correctly.

General​

• Refreshed the main menu with winter themed effects such as snow.
  • Added the eEuros XI team to Kick off and Online Friendlies which will become available following a squad update.
  • Added a new signature celebration for Diogo Jota, the Triangle celebration.
  • Added and updated a total of 102 player star heads and 6 manager star heads.
  • These will become visible after a Server Release.
  • Updated some UI elements, out-of-match scenes, kits, and Career Mode activities, 2D portraits, banners, scarves, flags, and audio.

• Addressed instances of various Skill Game issues impacting areas such UI elements, scoring systems, and camera positioning.
  • Addressed instances of stability issues that could have occurred.
  • [PlayStation 5 Only] In some scenarios, adaptive triggers could have become enabled unintentionally.
Thanks to those who’ve provided and continue to provide feedback. Throughout the course of the EA SPORTS FC 24 season, we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available. Be sure to follow @‌EASFCDIRECT on X and to check out the EA SPORTS FC Tracker for the latest news and updates.

• The EA SPORTS FC Team

[PC/PS4/PS5/XB1/XBSX|S/SWITCH] Title Update #6

The Holiday Update (Title Update #6) will soon be available for all versions of EA SPORTS FC 24. This TU will bring a number of changes and additions, including a winter themed main menu, new Player Items in Ultimate Team, and gameplay updates like:

• Reduced sideline pressure on attackers.
  • Decreased manual goalkeeper movement speed and positioning.
  • More offensive minded wingbacks in 3 and 5 at the back formations.
In addition to these TU notes, be sure to check out our Pitch Notes article for the Holiday Update which dives deep into some changes and additions through videos and screenshots.

Ultimate Team​

Made the following change:

• Added 94 Player Items to Ultimate Team which will become available following a squad update.

• Centurion ICONs bios could have incorrectly displayed Base ICON bios.
  • The News UI did not always display correctly.
  • Squads with the Carlos Tévez Manager Item could not have entered matches.

Gameplay​

• [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only] Strikers and wide midfielders will tend to be less aggressive when trying to mark central attackers.
  • [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only] Significantly reduced the amount of pressure the defensive team can apply to players along the sidelines.
  • [PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC Only] Significantly lowered the track back speed of AI teammate wingbacks in 3 and 5 at the back formations.
  • Reduced the movement speed of goalkeepers when using the Move Goalkeeper input.
  • Additionally, goalkeepers will now hold their final position for a short time before returning to their normal position.
  • Slightly reduced the top speed of players when using Controlled Sprint.
  • Significantly reduced header shot accuracy when performed by players with the Power Header and Power Header+ PlayStyles.
  • Slightly reduced finesse shot accuracy when performed by players with the Finesse and Finesse+ PlayStyles.

• In some situations following a kick off, the defending team did not always track attacker runs appropriately.
  • Sometimes, a tackling defender’s leg could have gone through the ball, resulting in an incorrect foul call.
  • Sometimes, players without the Intercept and Intercept+ PlayStyles could have incorrectly triggered slide interceptions animations exclusive to those PlayStyles.
  • Addressed further instances of slide tackles resulting in the ball unintentionally falling back to the attacker.
  • In some cases, a Precision Ground Pass intended for a nearby teammate could have ignored them for a teammate that was in the same direction, but further away.
  • In certain situations goalkeepers did not attempt to save penalty kicks aimed at the middle of the goal.
  • When the ball was traveling at a high speed, players could have had an unintentional amount of ball control when attempting to control the ball with their head.
  • Improved referee logic when determining red card advantage calls.
  • Improved referee logic when determining offside calls following deflections.
  • Goalkeepers did not always use enough power when automatically kicking the ball in order to avoid the 6 second violation.
  • CPU AI goalkeepers could have underpowered their drop kicks at times.
  • Some physical tackle animations did not play correctly.
  • Sometimes a seal out could have occurred after the ball carrier already passed the ball.
  • When receiving a red card, sometimes a scene of the referee giving a yellow card occurred instead.

Clubs​

Addressed the following issue:

• Addressed instances of Playoffs matches not always being counted correctly.

General​

• Refreshed the main menu with winter themed effects such as snow.
  • Added the eEuros XI team to Kick off and Online Friendlies which will become available following a squad update.
  • Added a new signature celebration for Diogo Jota, the Triangle celebration.
  • Added and updated a total of 102 player star heads and 6 manager star heads.
  • These will become visible after a Server Release.
  • Updated some UI elements, out-of-match scenes, kits, and Career Mode activities, 2D portraits, banners, scarves, flags, and audio.

• Addressed instances of various Skill Game issues impacting areas such UI elements, scoring systems, and camera positioning.
  • Addressed instances of stability issues that could have occurred.
  • [PlayStation 5 Only] In some scenarios, adaptive triggers could have become enabled unintentionally.
Thanks to those who’ve provided and continue to provide feedback. Throughout the course of the EA SPORTS FC 24 season, we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available. Be sure to follow @‌EASFCDIRECT on X and to check out the EA SPORTS FC Tracker for the latest news and updates.

• The EA SPORTS FC Team
Brace yourselves guys, this is what we're going back to after #TU6

This is an image from FIFA 23. This is exactly what will happen after they implement this Pitch Note -

23.jpg

This image below is #TU5 of FC24 - look how much better it is. It's a huge reason why the gameplay has provided a much more solid base to build from this year and it's about to be taken away.

FC24 2023-12-06 14-12-16.png

I spoke about it a lot more detail last year and I was pleasantly surprised to see the change in FC24. Offline and online needs separate gameplay badly.

https://x.com/anth_r_afc/status/1578989937180844032?s=20

Brace yourselves guys, this is what we're going back to after #TU6

This is an image from FIFA 23. This is exactly what will happen after they implement this Pitch Note -

View attachment 250330

This image below is #TU5 of FC24 - look how much better it is. It's a huge reason why the gameplay has provided a much more solid base to build from this year and it's about to be taken away.

View attachment 250331

I spoke about it a lot more detail last year and I was pleasantly surprised to see the change in FC24. Offline and online needs separate gameplay badly.

https://x.com/anth_r_afc/status/1578989937180844032?s=20

REDUCED MIDFIELD CONGESTION​

With these changes, we are looking to promote more tactical variety when attacking through the centre of the pitch. Central areas could have sometimes felt overly congested in the past, making it hard to find passing options. Players in the midfield and on the wings are now going to mark less aggressively in order to prevent over-congestion in central midfield. We expect these changes to open central areas up for a bit more passing plays and creativity, and we look forward to hearing feedback from players.

:SHOCK: if it breaks the midfield balance as you have described, sure it will be frustrating.

If players still slide around and take completely unrealistic touchers without any inertia after the update then the game is still unplayable.

And STILL, contrast/gamma/brightness bug. They really won't fix it. Patethic.
I’ve asked before what this bug is but can’t get an answer. Can you explain to me what this bug is? The only contrasting I can see with own eyes is that if some of the pitch is in sun and some of the pitch is in shadow it’s too bright on the sunny part. Is this what you mean?

I’ve asked before what this bug is but can’t get an answer. Can you explain to me what this bug is? The only contrasting I can see with own eyes is that if some of the pitch is in sun and some of the pitch is in shadow it’s too bright on the sunny part. Is this what you mean?
Yes I get this a lot, gets to the stage I have to switch weather to overcast every game if I want to use certain cameras or stadiums it's pathetic really

So how is the gameplay after the update ?
they change everything! feels like you are playing a new game!
... or maybe its just the same ...

Seriously... feels like they change something at the defense.
I am not going to analyze... because the game is very unrealistic to analyze.
Ping pong gameplay. Players react like monkeys not humans.

So its shit basically?

So how is the gameplay after the update ?

From my experience, it's a lot of the same, in a good way. There is less congestion in the midfield for the right reasons as the wingers are not tucked so far inside like they were previously. Keep in mind, I'm on a very low line length at 30 per our OS sliders, so I am not sure how it plays on default, etc.

We have noticed more shots from a distance by the CPU. Better deflections on those shots as well where the ball deflects further away rather than "absorbed" into the defender's body.

Overall, we are not seeing too many changes and continue to enjoy the game.

Thanks.
I’ve never noticed a change occur during the game. For me it’s either too bright where the sun is and it stays like that or there’s no issue at all. Perhaps it’s platform specific. I am playing it on a switch lite so maybe the dumbed down shadowing etc is actually beneficial in this case. A lot of people have mentioned it being too fast too. Maybe the switch 30FPS is beneficial in this game too. Never thought I’d say that lol

From my experience, it's a lot of the same, in a good way. There is less congestion in the midfield for the right reasons as the wingers are not tucked so far inside like they were previously. Keep in mind, I'm on a very low line length at 30 per our OS sliders, so I am not sure how it plays on default, etc.

We have noticed more shots from a distance by the CPU. Better deflections on those shots as well where the ball deflects further away rather than "absorbed" into the defender's body.

Ok but what about people who were only enjoying the game with gameplay mods :)

I have the same feeling about the update.
Less congestion, more long range shots from CPU. More variation on CPU shots : less top corner shots, more ground shots.

I have the same feeling about the update.
Less congestion, more long range shots from CPU. More variation on CPU shots : less top corner shots, more ground shots.
For me the CPU always seems to dribble the wing and cut inside. I rarely see them try and cross the ball from open play. I’ve updated mine now so I’m going to try it later tonight to see if that’s changed too. I don’t know if it’s intentional though because teams don’t really cross the ball as much as they used to in football. At least in the premier league they always try and cut inside these days. So I dunno if if it’s supposed to be like this.

For me the CPU always seems to dribble the wing and cut inside. I rarely see them try and cross the ball from open play. I’ve updated mine now so I’m going to try it later tonight to see if that’s changed too. I don’t know if it’s intentional though because teams don’t really cross the ball as much as they used to in football. At least in the premier league they always try and cut inside these days. So I dunno if if it’s supposed to be like this.
In my experience, on World Class they will, but on Legendary it's depending on their tactics for the majority of the time, but they will still surprise you and cross out of nowhere. CPU using patient build up tactics tend to pass on the ground a lot more, while fast builds will look for crosses as long as they aren't tiki-taka. Long ball teams will cross the most. My main test on legendary is playing against West Brom, who seem to cross a lot. If they stop crossing, then I know something needs to be looked into.

In my experience, on World Class they will, but on Legendary it's depending on their tactics for the majority of the time, but they will still surprise you and cross out of nowhere. CPU using patient build up tactics tend to pass on the ground a lot more, while fast builds will look for crosses as long as they aren't tiki-taka. Long ball teams will cross the most. My main test on legendary is playing against West Brom, who seem to cross a lot. If they stop crossing, then I know something needs to be looked into.
I do play on world class. Legendary and Ultimate make it too difficult for me. This is my first EA football game so yeah it’s a bit too much on those levels for me still. I’ve tried but I find it difficult to get possession of the ball at higher levels. I’ve already found on world class mode that tackling using the standing tackle button is a waste of time because even if I do take the ball it seems to just bounce off me and go back to the CPU players foot. It’s almost like I have to double tackle them to get the ball. So instead I find that jockeying and waiting for a mistake is best for me however I lack patience for this and find using the pressuring button constantly which never works lol
When I do have possession of the ball I’m pretty good on world class mode.
I’m always using inferior players (stats wise) though because I like getting low teams up to the top league. Maybe if I used a team of equal or better than my opponent then I would probably be ok on higher levels. I dunno. Either way I’m having a good time with the game despite its flaws.

In clubs no one is using the middle, everyone is just sprinting down the wings to cross or cut the ball back, these changes are awful.
  • Reduced sideline pressure on attackers
They apply 0 pressure as is, people just sprint at the LB/LM, turn away, then turn back towards them and run right by, there's 0 fucking pressure anywhere. DM could be set aggressively as possible and they just kinda roam around. Ball falls to your CPU player's feet? Sorry that isn't the player we're choosing to interact with the ball, he's gonna fuck off while your RB sprints from 4x the distance towards a ball he's got no chance of winning.

This game is just so frustrating

Why do they feel the need to tweak gameplay unless they are monitoring multiplayer? Doesn’t make sense to make these edits nearly four months into release.

it’s become a staple now for them to continue to fuck with the game, that’s why it’s dying. They either need to:

Have separate single and multiplayer titles
Or
Have user specified update selection much like the beta option on steam

No one is winning with this approach currently, multi players hate single player needs and vice versa.

At the moment it’s strength doesn’t lie on one direction or the other and it’s why we get this constant rollercoaster of patches.

Why do they feel the need to tweak gameplay unless they are monitoring multiplayer? Doesn’t make sense to make these edits nearly four months into release.

it’s become a staple now for them to continue to fuck with the game, that’s why it’s dying. They either need to:

Have separate single and multiplayer titles
Or
Have user specified update selection much like the beta option on steam

No one is winning with this approach currently, multi players hate single player needs and vice versa.

At the moment it’s strength doesn’t lie on one direction or the other and it’s why we get this constant rollercoaster of patches.
Your comment sums it up really. As someone who plays career mode exclusively I feel they should put all their effort into that part of the game. However, I’m also realistic and realise that the online game (mainly UT) generates them a vast extra amount of money on top of people already having parted with their cash to buy the game. Two separate releases would be a good idea. An offline version that we pay for and a “free” online version for UT etc. That way online players will eventually get the gameplay they want and offline players will eventually get the gameplay they want. From what I’ve played offline I couldn’t see it working properly online and I’d imagine people will exploit certain aspects of it. I’m guessing EA are trying to balance it between offline and online but I don’t think AI and Human controlled will find a middle ground.

Your comment sums it up really. As someone who plays career mode exclusively I feel they should put all their effort into that part of the game. However, I’m also realistic and realise that the online game (mainly UT) generates them a vast extra amount of money on top of people already having parted with their cash to buy the game. Two separate releases would be a good idea. An offline version that we pay for and a “free” online version for UT etc. That way online players will eventually get the gameplay they want and offline players will eventually get the gameplay they want. From what I’ve played offline I couldn’t see it working properly online and I’d imagine people will exploit certain aspects of it. I’m guessing EA are trying to balance it between offline and online but I don’t think AI and Human controlled will find a middle ground.

I personally think they dont think about offline at all

Thanks for saving me money. I was tempted as its on sale. Bless u!

Back
Top Bottom