Arsenal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer Bell said:
We should win this match today.

Also just because the big teams lost during the weekend, doesn't give us the exuse to say that "yeah we got beaten by a lesser side and so did the other big teams" lol.

What are you talking about? what 'big teams' lost on the weekend? Oh maybe if you want to compare arsenal with real madrid and barcelona then yeah they are big teams that lost but in another league. but no 'big teams' lost in EPL.

He's trying to say that Arsenal shouldnt use the excuse of 'it happens to everyone' as a reason to get away with defeats.

It's not an excuse, re-read the post. I'm just trying to give a bit of perspective to some Arsenal fans who are all, "Fu*k this team, they're all shit, we should have sold Van Persie Reyes and Fabregas and bought Owen." etc.

Sometimes big teams lose to smaller ones, so get over it.

Much better result tonite, Super Campbell! He's back! The game died after 75 mins but overall the link up play was much more purposeful. Everton were piss poor though...

Damn if Everton play like this they will be fighting relegation.......

SOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! not only did he score twice but we looked VERY VERY solid at the back.......

bummy_jab said:
Damn if Everton play like this they will be fighting relegation.......

SOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! not only did he score twice but we looked VERY VERY solid at the back.......

well it wasnt like Arsenal were tested by a team willing to attack! Everton were playing one man up front and he didnt exactly have much support from the defensive shit 4-5-1 which so many clubs seem to think is gonna nick them a result. It worked for them(Everton) last season but it wont work this season as they are not chelsea.

Great game last night and a good result against a team that didn't want to play. I was loving the grief that Neville got as well and Jose's kick on him was just hilarious.

I was sitting next to the Mickey's yesterday and the language out of some of the women's mouths was just shocking.

Not sure if any of you watched the build up to the game last night nut I was on the bloody telly and my silly bird forgot to press record on the sky+ for me. :mad:

Nickybaker said:
Not sure if any of you watched the build up to the game last night nut I was on the bloody telly and my silly bird forgot to press record on the sky+ for me. :mad:
Nicky, there is one rule when in a relationship that you must follow. Never trust a woman to set the video or Sky+!!

It was a good game, Everton were shite but we can only beat who is put in front of us. Sol looked back to his best and his 2 goals we very well taken. Bring on West Ham, we definately need a result there on Saturday.

BTW, its shocking isn't it that its the last weekend in September on Saturday and its the first time that we will have played at 3pm on a Saturday this season!! Maybe thats a factor in the diminishing attendances, too many games on TV and funny kick off times. I hate going to games that kick off at 5.15 on a Saturday.

Clockender said:
Nicky, there is one rule when in a relationship that you must follow. Never trust a woman to set the video or Sky+!!

It was a good game, Everton were shite but we can only beat who is put in front of us. Sol looked back to his best and his 2 goals we very well taken. Bring on West Ham, we definately need a result there on Saturday.

BTW, its shocking isn't it that its the last weekend in September on Saturday and its the first time that we will have played at 3pm on a Saturday this season!! Maybe thats a factor in the diminishing attendances, too many games on TV and funny kick off times. I hate going to games that kick off at 5.15 on a Saturday.

I know what you mean out first home 3pm kick off wont be until 22nd October!

Oh heck, now Sol is back, Arsenal might resemble a defence again......any chance of him getting injured again before Liverpool play you?:lmao:....we're having enought trouble scoring as it is......

Forgot to mention this yesterday but one of the highlights of the game on MOnday for me was when an Everton fan lobbed his trainer at RVP as he jogged back after taking a rubbish corner.

To quote Austin Powers:

"Honestly, who throws a shoe?" :lol:

Apparently after Pires went off injured, ir was the first time since May 2000 that we didnt have a Frenchman in our team.
I know we have had quite a lot of French players but its still quite surprising.

Pires7 said:
Apparently after Pires went off injured, ir was the first time since May 2000 that we didnt have a Frenchman in our team.
I know we have had quite a lot of French players but its still quite surprising.

But still only 2 English players!

Nickybaker said:
But still only 2 English players!

Does it bother you? Of course ideally you would like to have more, but we've had bad experiences with them, and with the inflated price of them Im not sure much we can do about it.

Clockender said:
Probably because the majority are so over-priced! I mean 17m for Owen :shock:

And probably over-rated. The harsh reality is that most English players aren't that great. There's a lot of almosts but most english players in the prem can easily be matched for skill with a cheaper and probably more dedicated foreigner.

There aren't enough world class Englishmen to go around, especially as Chelski have now snapped up those who don't play for Man Yoo.

No it doesn't bother me although I would prefer English players if there were enough of them good enough.

Just think that if Campbell hadn't played and Swiss Tony had, we would have had 10 different nationalities on the pitch at the same time!

Thinking about it was that the case against Boro?

How many World Class Englishmen have we ever had, in the modern era?

Sol Campbell
Ashley Cole
David Seaman
Tony Adams
Kenny Sansom

he he all defensive players, what a surprise. Have I missed anyone?

BTW Ian Wright was not World Class IMO.

Clockender said:

Sol Campbell
Ashley Cole
David Seaman
Tony Adams
Kenny Sansom

We had David Platt towards the end of his career.

---------------------German-----------------
---------------Ivorian-----French-----------
Cameroonian(?)-----------------------English

--------------French------------------------
------------------------Spanish-------------
Belarussian---------------------------French

-------------Dutch--------------------------
-------------------------Spanish------------

No only 8 vs 'Boro.

Oh yeah, Flam got subbed I think. Still 9 is pretty good going.

If we pushed Reyes to the left wing, swapped Cesc for Freddie, brought in Big Phil & Gilbert for Cygan & Flamini and played Lupoli up front then thats 11 nationalities.

Aww... hands around the world.

Rumour has it that y'all are lookin' at makin a move for Bouba Diop to fill in Vieira's void. HE's valued at around $8 million by Coleman.

Clockender said:

Sol Campbell
Ashley Cole
David Seaman
Tony Adams
Kenny Sansom

Come on i'm sure Ian Wright was world class, he just didn't get much of a chance.

I don't really think of Platt in the same breath as Gazza, Barnes or Lineker ie Enlgand stars of his generation. He was very good, at times brilliant but not a world beater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom