Arsenal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clockender said:
Maybe we need to score more scrappy goals, it did the trick!

effective yeah but its not the way of the Bergkamp....

Alot is being made of young Rooney's psychotic tendencies.

What do you's make of Van Persie, he's been sent off a few times (mostly for violent behaviour i think) and of course was locked up during the summer..

Is he a problem??

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
effective yeah but its not the way of the Bergkamp....

Alot is being made of young Rooney's psychotic tendencies.

What do you's make of Van Persie, he's been sent off a few times (mostly for violent behaviour i think) and of course was locked up during the summer..

Is he a problem??

I don't think so, last night's was never a red card and in Holland the stripper has admitted she wasn't raped. I think after the sending off last year Wenger had a word and he's been fine since.

There is no doubt he has a temperment problem but he had been working hard to rectify this recently and is showing signs of calming down. His sending off last night was a joke, have you seen it?

BTW his sending of last season against the Saints was for 2 yellows, neither yellow for violent conduct. I can't comment on his days at Feyenoord as I don't know.

Clockender said:
There is no doubt he has a temperment problem but he had been working hard to rectify this recently and is showing signs of calming down. His sending off last night was a joke, have you seen it?

BTW his sending of last season against the Saints was for 2 yellows, neither yellow for violent conduct. I can't comment on his days at Feyenoord as I don't know.

yeah last nite wasnt his fault, he was looking at the ball, anyone who puts their foot that high is asking for trouble IMO but he didnt intend to do it from what I saw.

Fair enough on your last comment I wasnt sure tbh, I just remember how pissed Wenger was with him after the saints game.

Van Persie is a punk, plain and simple, I remember the FA cup or charity shield when he blatlanty kicked Richardson in the calf... Roooney isnt an angel either

csaunders said:
Van Persie is a punk, plain and simple, I remember the FA cup or charity shield when he blatlanty kicked Richardson in the calf... Roooney isnt an angel either

Come on man, they are both young and have time on their side to change their ways.

"He blatently kicked Richardson in the calf" :lol:

Is that your sole reasoning for calling him a punk!?

csaunders said:

It was an accident, no intent to injure the guy and Richardson deserved that kick. :lol:

It wasn't a pretty game but it was a great one to watch from the stands.

Totally agree with Nicky, there was a very energised atmosphere last night. Less of the Highbury library, which is always a good thing. Bergkamp got such a vocal reception even when he was just warming up, when he scored the whole upper tier went chicken oriental. I was hugging some random old bird next to me :p Throat feels raw today from reminding everyone in N5 that "We've got Dennis Bergkamp!"

Reyes was lively, Pires was quiet but better than the 'Boro game, Campbell maybe a bit rusty but looks back to fitness and I have to say Ca$hley Cole was very committed in the tackle. He's got a long way to go to win back affection but that's the right way to start.

Joystick said:
Ca$hley Cole was very committed in the tackle. He's got a long way to go to win back affection but that's the right way to start.

I thought he was excellant, he was good in tackle, made surging runs and hardly gave the ball away.

By the way since when has he been so good at spraying the ball about? He seems to be able to pick out people 50, 60 yards away with ease at the moment!

Just come across this, the prices charged to diasabled fans across the premiership.

Arsenal - Free
Man Utd - Free
Newcastle - 10
Westham - 15
Wigan - 15
Portsmouth - 15
Westbrom - 16
Villa - 17
fulham - 18.5
Man city - 19
birmingham - 20
liverpool - 24
charlton - 25
blackburn - 26
everton - 30
sunderland - 30
boro - 35
bolton - 36
spurs - 38
and last but by no means least chelsea!!!

£24 last season!!! £48 this season.

Tick a bo Arsenal and Man Utd but how can Chelsea seriously get away with that price increase!

Having free admission is going to lose the club money, so what is the point in that?

I say the price should be the same for all, whether you have 6 legs or none, if you wanna watch your team play you can pay the same as everyone else.

kingpug said:
Having free admission is going to lose the club money, so what is the point in that?

I say the price should be the same for all, whether you have 6 legs or none, if you wanna watch your team play you can pay the same as everyone else.

hats off for this statement, and thanks for pointing out what an immature teenager you seem to be. and don't come up with 'i'm 24' now, because that doesn't make it any better.

Kingpug's comments are more shameful that what the discussion is about.
I'm sorry but thats just sad.

How is it shamefull? If your club was to let everyone in for free how would they make money to buy players you need? Now sorry if you think people should be treated differently, but I don't. I know disabled people can't help it, but can poor people too? Do I see a poor peoples discount? I don't, do you?

Seeing as you lot are such great people, next time your club plays go buy 5 tickets and give them to a poor family.

This isnt about poor people. Its about disabled.
And how much money would they actually lose? Is every Chelsea fan disabled?
And how the f*ck can you say disabled people should be treated the same as everyone else?

Bloody hell kingpug, how old are you? Seriously, please read over your past comments as I highly suspect you will regret them.

I'm hoping you are either:
- very very drunk (aren't you too young to drink though?)
- smoking some of the finest booddah (your mummy won't be too happy sonny)

Either case, I seriously worry about the state of primary schools these days if you are an example of things to come.... :(

Anyways, this is a good, yet quite depressing, read:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,4284,1572820,00.html

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]It's a rip-off - and not just in the Prem[/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] Paul Wilson
Sunday September 18, 2005
The Observer

[/font] [font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Last month we predicted that empty seats and high prices would be the talking points of the new football season and, although Wayne Rooney has done his best to provide a diversion, the damning evidence was there to see in midweek. Football's empty seats even made the front page of yesterday's Financial Times[/font]

kingpug said:
How is it shamefull? If your club was to let everyone in for free how would they make money to buy players you need? Now sorry if you think people should be treated differently, but I don't. I know disabled people can't help it, but can poor people too? Do I see a poor peoples discount? I don't, do you?

Seeing as you lot are such great people, next time your club plays go buy 5 tickets and give them to a poor family.

Like someone said its not about being poor, if people can't afford to go then they wont go or they'll save up. This is about those with disabilties who find it extra demanding what with travel arrangements and that and getting inside the ground itself. 99% pay normal prices anyway so why not reduce it or allow free tickeks for 25 who are disabled. :shock:

kingpug said:

:applause:

Well done mate, i've always thought your were a bit of an idiot and now you've proved it.

I've just been looking over some of the results across Europe this weekend and it really has provided me with a sense of perspective on Arsenal's recent indifferent form. We lost to 'boro, who are an average side but by no means a shite club. It is the kind of game we should have won but spare a thought for our friends on the continent...

Espanyol 1-0 Real Madrid

espanyol.jpg

Real looked good in the first half before falling apart in the second. They lack direction without Zidane, and ended the game with 9 men after new signings Ramos and Baptista were both sent off. Beckham was their best player by some way, tracking back and making tackles until the death. They spent a looooooot of money in the summer, and so far they have lost their last 3 games.

Athletico Madrid 2-1 Barcelona

180905_oleguer_gran.jpg

After taking the lead through Eto, Barca blew it against an Athletico side who equalised through Torres, went ahead via Kezman and had a man sent off in the second half. Again, muchos dinero spent with little reward.

Sampdoria 2-1 A.C. Milan

gilardino.jpg

Gilardino socred his first Milan goal, but Sampdoria overturned the deficit to record an unlikely win infront of their home fans. A.C. have a much deeper squad than Arsenal, yet still blew it to a lesser team.

All of these results show how a big team can still lose to the smaller ones without having to sell all their players, buy a whole new squad and/or endlessly rue losing their older players who have now moved on. The 'crisis' at Arsenal will pass, but results this weekend prove that the big boys have to keep their feet on the ground to beat the smaller clubs. It's not an Arsenal thing. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and accept that you lost to a team you probably should have beaten. Ask Real, AC and Barca (but unfortunately not Chel$ki and Juve :()

Right i'm going to see the Arsenal and hopefully more attacking football as is the Arsenal way.

Come on boys with got 7 to beat!

We should win this match today.

Also just because the big teams lost during the weekend, doesn't give us the exuse to say that "yeah we got beaten by a lesser side and so did the other big teams" lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom